• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:24
CEST 08:24
KST 15:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7567 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 248 Next
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
July 29 2011 09:37 GMT
#621
On July 29 2011 18:29 ViperPL wrote:
What happened to beta cake ? Did EA finally got them good and we have to wait for it to reappear ? Cause so far it was far better than the official site, with lots of info and no secrecy.


BetaCake
BetaCake is being moved to a new host. This will take a day or two before its complete. Thank you for your patience.
9 hours ago


Twitter.
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
Arkio
Profile Joined July 2011
United States29 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-29 09:52:26
July 29 2011 09:44 GMT
#622
I've heard that there are significant problems with the beta, like some classes being overpowered, others being broken to uselessness and some graphically problems (like the 2fps picture). That's going off of what I've heard from talking to my local game store clerks. I do hope that it gets its' problems sorted out.

I do look forward to playing it. Loved the KOTOR series... kinda wished though it was KOTOR 3 just so I can find out what happened to Revan. Heard there is going to be a book about what happened to him.

Edit: There will be a Revan book.
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
July 29 2011 11:00 GMT
#623
Sooo, is this game out or not yet? I've always been a big fan of KOTOR and even predecessors like JK II and JK Academy (yep even Dark Forces, but that came later. VAley of the Jedi FTW).

Out of any of the MMO's out today, GW2 looks most unique, but I'd totally get lost in that world. So I'd really like to try this one out instead q;
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-29 18:21:47
July 29 2011 18:20 GMT
#624
On July 29 2011 18:44 Arkio wrote:
I've heard that there are significant problems with the beta, like some classes being overpowered, others being broken to uselessness and some graphically problems (like the 2fps picture). That's going off of what I've heard from talking to my local game store clerks. I do hope that it gets its' problems sorted out.

I do look forward to playing it. Loved the KOTOR series... kinda wished though it was KOTOR 3 just so I can find out what happened to Revan. Heard there is going to be a book about what happened to him.

Edit: There will be a Revan book.


The only class balance issue I've heard of from any of the leaks (I've read, seen, and watched them all) is that the IA Sniper was hitting a little (read: incredibly) hard. The only other complaint about balance was one person complaining about Sith Juggernauts, but there's no way to tell if it's his problem, his class's problem, or actually a balance issue.

I haven't heard anyone say their class has been broken, or that there are major graphical problems. It's been the overwhelming majority saying that graphics are smooth... Perhaps there's a weird hardware/software interaction that's making your game store personnel have a crappy experience (e.g. the game doesn't handle Super Card X well due to some weirdness).

Revan book comes out 15 November (in the states, not sure if that date holds internationally).

Sooo, is this game out or not yet?


Unless you don't look at any news or gaming sites (apart from TL), you'll definitely know when this game comes out. Either there will be a massive explosion of geek jism, or gaming sites across the entire internet will fall silent because everyone's too busy playing TOR.
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
Arkio
Profile Joined July 2011
United States29 Posts
July 30 2011 00:34 GMT
#625
I do believe though that the graphically problems were subject to a early beta problems and got patched up quickly. So it's a thing of the past now.

Probably it's a hardware problem for the clerk, since he hasn't mentioned it since and has been quite positive about the game. I do think the game will do well.

Most recently though, me and my friends started talking about the game and why it has been delayed. Some think that the game is being polished for a perfect game release (yeah, a MMO that has a perfect release HA) and some think it's pvp related.
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
July 30 2011 03:24 GMT
#626
Possibly all of the above.

BioWare knows that if they have a botched launch, the game dies. People have a hard time going back to something that burned them. They need to get this done as close to perfectly as they can if they want to have any hope of being a success off the bat.

Balance and mechanics are certainly being looked at. PVP is a huge concern in this regard. While PVE in TOR will depend less on raw numbers than, say, WoW's, in PVP you're attempting to compete with someone directly. If people aren't starting off on an even playing field (all things considered, not just damage), they get disenchanted by the PVP.

There are other things they're working on, too. Leaks have had small graphical issues (clipping, mobs not dropping dead) which they'll be working on. They've also removed companion kits and reportedly added in Dragon Age-style AI control for companions. Oh, also they added in the ability to customize your companions appearance-- skin color, hairstyle, tattoos, etc. And they've taken their sweet ass time doing a Consular class/progression video, so I'm hoping it means they've been tweaking the spell effects.
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
July 30 2011 23:31 GMT
#627
On July 23 2011 06:38 smallerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2011 04:56 mathsucks wrote:
It's an NDA...and they know how to enforce it. People who have leaked beta info were kicked out...so you dont find a lot of leaked info, as no one wants to get kicked out. Is it likely the videos removed from youtube, given the info they're conveying breaks contracts?


There's plenty of leaked info, and plenty of sites leaking it, the videos are removed from YT but you can still download them.

http://betacake.blogspot.com/
http://www.alterswtor.com/
http://justswtor.blogspot.com/



Those two blogspot accounts were removed. Looks like they are definitely cracking down.
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
July 30 2011 23:37 GMT
#628
Justswtor definitely cracked under pressure. The old admin is a regular in another speculation thread I participate in. He's still releasing stuff, just not via his website. He gave us two new vids today ~.^

BetaCake has claimed to be moving to another host. They said it would take a day or two to pop back up, and this is day two. We shall see...
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
FieryBalrog
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States1381 Posts
August 02 2011 17:05 GMT
#629
On July 23 2011 03:35 mathsucks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2011 03:14 AT_Tack wrote:
well everyone is gonna play fancy shmancy jedi and sith imo... why not cut all all other classes...

edit:
also if anyone has some actual gameplay footage from the beta (couldnt find any on youtube) a link would be very much apprectiated.
no i dont mean 2-3 minute montages.


http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=110337

Unfortunately, polls show otherwise.



That plus the second video is one of the newer gameplay videos (that weren't leaked breaking NDA...you'd have to look on torrents for those.). These were taken from someone who played at a booth at E3...so someone who isn't very familiar with the game...it's a little unexciting because of that, but familiarity should speed things up a bit...I'm more looking at the mechanics, and it looks like a lot of fun.

They are certainly going after the WoW crowd with those graphics and combat style
I will eat you alive
Deltablazy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada580 Posts
August 03 2011 18:00 GMT
#630
Got into the beta. So happy ^^
Radel
Profile Joined June 2011
United States115 Posts
August 03 2011 18:18 GMT
#631
On August 04 2011 03:00 Deltablazy wrote:
Got into the beta. So happy ^^


:O Can we share accounts?! haha
Manner should be mutual. Innovation - Jjakji - Grubby - HuK - JD - StarDust - Flash - Balloon
Renent
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada302 Posts
August 03 2011 20:16 GMT
#632
Just made it into this round of beta!
Woof
Xevious
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2086 Posts
August 03 2011 20:22 GMT
#633
Is anyone actually going to buy this? Seems pointless as fuck, not really useful for any other game besides swtor.
http://www.razerzone.com/swtor/keyboard
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
August 03 2011 20:46 GMT
#634
I am so sad its taking so long for them to get their europe server up, seriously
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
August 03 2011 20:47 GMT
#635
On August 04 2011 05:22 Xevious wrote:
Is anyone actually going to buy this? Seems pointless as fuck, not really useful for any other game besides swtor.
http://www.razerzone.com/swtor/keyboard




LOLOL!!! If the price is reasonable...oh wait, nevermind. It's completely useless if you ever do anything but play SWTOR XDDDD
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
Renent
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada302 Posts
August 04 2011 18:42 GMT
#636
40 gig download, install, verify, repeat.....
I just want to TESSST
Woof
Deltablazy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada580 Posts
August 04 2011 18:48 GMT
#637
On August 05 2011 03:42 Renent wrote:
40 gig download, install, verify, repeat.....
I just want to TESSST

Tell me about it. 2 days of download, urg.
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
August 04 2011 19:51 GMT
#638
"Beta invitee problems", let me have them
Furycrab
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada456 Posts
August 04 2011 20:08 GMT
#639
On August 04 2011 05:47 TheAngelofDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2011 05:22 Xevious wrote:
Is anyone actually going to buy this? Seems pointless as fuck, not really useful for any other game besides swtor.
http://www.razerzone.com/swtor/keyboard




LOLOL!!! If the price is reasonable...oh wait, nevermind. It's completely useless if you ever do anything but play SWTOR XDDDD



Well it's pretty much a Razor keyboard, but you pay for extra Lucas Art branding. If you want to create a cool Star Wars themed little game center, it's cool. If you want a good gaming keyboard and mouse... Just go for something like a Naga and most of their gaming keyboards, since it's pretty much the same, but you don't pay for Star Wars branding.
Too tired to come up with something witty.
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
August 04 2011 20:16 GMT
#640
On August 04 2011 03:00 Deltablazy wrote:
Got into the beta. So happy ^^


Dang, I signed up for the beta on 06/18/10... Still no invites... You are so lucky, hf dude!
Anyone got an extra invite?
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3335
Rain 1752
GuemChi 538
FanTaSy 438
sSak 47
Bale 33
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm153
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King233
Other Games
summit1g7717
WinterStarcraft674
KnowMe68
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick689
BasetradeTV166
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2213
League of Legends
• Lourlo1221
• Rush1014
• Stunt477
Other Games
• Shiphtur729
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 36m
INu's Battles
4h 36m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 36m
OSC
15h 51m
Replay Cast
16h 36m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.