• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:39
CEST 19:39
KST 02:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7945 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 29

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 248 Next
TheOuroboros
Profile Joined December 2010
France68 Posts
July 21 2011 16:30 GMT
#561
Juste preordered mine :D

I don't remember where, but i read that it will probably be like WoW (13-15$/month).
Trowa127
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1230 Posts
July 21 2011 16:47 GMT
#562
Oh yeah this is gonna be awesome!
Bling, MC, Snute, HwangSin, Deranging (<3) fan. 'Full name - ESP ORTS' Vote hotbid. Vote ESPORTS.
aDd3z
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany885 Posts
July 21 2011 16:49 GMT
#563
ok paying for 55€ and having to pay a monthly fee for the normal version? I think they are crazy....I not going to buy the game on launch or preoder it...thats too expensive and this buisness model wont work anymore I bet
Cj Entus | Effort | Prime | MarineKing | mouz | HasuObs
Vaporeon
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada68 Posts
July 21 2011 16:59 GMT
#564
Expensive? MMO's are one of the cheapest hobbies. Going to the bar once every month is far more expensive, or anything else you can probably do.
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
July 21 2011 17:18 GMT
#565
On July 22 2011 01:49 aDd3z wrote:
ok paying for 55€ and having to pay a monthly fee for the normal version? I think they are crazy....I not going to buy the game on launch or preoder it...thats too expensive and this buisness model wont work anymore I bet


15€ for dozens of hours of entertainment per month, yeah im gonna go ahead and say you are wrong.
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
bwally
Profile Joined December 2010
United States670 Posts
July 21 2011 20:35 GMT
#566
Don't know why anyone is surprised by the price. Most new single player PC games cost $60 so this price is fine. Also you get 30 days playtime included with the game.
Slayth
Profile Joined November 2010
United States325 Posts
July 21 2011 20:39 GMT
#567
Am I one of the few that is actually unimpressed with the combat? Sure the story and stuff looks fun, but for me the fun is in the combat.
Fanclubs I'm in: Destiny, EGHuK, EGIdrA, IMNestea, LiquidTLO, LiquidJinro, IMLosira, TypePhoeNix, MvPDongRaeGu, STJuly, WhiteRa. "this is more fucked up than lord of the flies" - Tasteless , "WHEN THERE'S NO INTERNET, LAN ROCKS" - Lim Yo-Hwan
Chillax
Profile Joined March 2011
England585 Posts
July 21 2011 21:05 GMT
#568
On July 22 2011 05:35 bwally wrote:
Don't know why anyone is surprised by the price. Most new single player PC games cost $60 so this price is fine. Also you get 30 days playtime included with the game.


Its rather expensive compared to most launch MMO titles all the same, I recall paying £25.00 for most of the recent ones to come out post Warcraft.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
July 21 2011 21:31 GMT
#569
On July 22 2011 06:05 Chillax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 05:35 bwally wrote:
Don't know why anyone is surprised by the price. Most new single player PC games cost $60 so this price is fine. Also you get 30 days playtime included with the game.


Its rather expensive compared to most launch MMO titles all the same, I recall paying £25.00 for most of the recent ones to come out post Warcraft.


every mmo was 50$ when its released (it goes down in price after a little bit depending on the mmo). I know age of conan, lord of the rings online both costed 50$ + monthly fee. Its normal, in a few months possibly sooner there will be a sale if you dont' want to spend 50$.

You get 30 days with the actual purchase of the game, so after a month you will have to pay 15$ a month to continue playing.
When I think of something else, something will go here
BamBam
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
745 Posts
July 21 2011 21:31 GMT
#570
On July 22 2011 02:18 smallerk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 01:49 aDd3z wrote:
ok paying for 55€ and having to pay a monthly fee for the normal version? I think they are crazy....I not going to buy the game on launch or preoder it...thats too expensive and this buisness model wont work anymore I bet


15€ for dozens of hours of entertainment per month, yeah im gonna go ahead and say you are wrong.


Up to you. Personally, I dont believe ANY game is worth 235€ a year. With that amount I could buy 7+ different games and have more "hours of entertainment" then I could with just 1 game.
"two is way better than twice as one" - artosis
bwally
Profile Joined December 2010
United States670 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-21 21:48:13
July 21 2011 21:44 GMT
#571
On July 22 2011 06:31 Energizer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 02:18 smallerk wrote:
On July 22 2011 01:49 aDd3z wrote:
ok paying for 55€ and having to pay a monthly fee for the normal version? I think they are crazy....I not going to buy the game on launch or preoder it...thats too expensive and this buisness model wont work anymore I bet


15€ for dozens of hours of entertainment per month, yeah im gonna go ahead and say you are wrong.


Up to you. Personally, I dont believe ANY game is worth 235€ a year. With that amount I could buy 7+ different games and have more "hours of entertainment" then I could with just 1 game.


It's actually $225 (Includes 1 month access already, +$60 for game) for the first year and $180 the subsequent years. Dunno what games you're buying but I don't see how you're getting 7+ from $180 or even $225. It's up to the person regardless..do whatever you like.

I suspect the Europeans are paying more because of their god awful VAT.
mathsucks
Profile Joined January 2011
194 Posts
July 21 2011 22:24 GMT
#572
www.justin.tv/gamebreakertv

live and about to cover the SDCC panel...
"Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy, it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things" -Unknown || www.twitch.tv/scmathsux
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
July 21 2011 22:28 GMT
#573
On July 22 2011 06:44 bwally wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 06:31 Energizer wrote:
On July 22 2011 02:18 smallerk wrote:
On July 22 2011 01:49 aDd3z wrote:
ok paying for 55€ and having to pay a monthly fee for the normal version? I think they are crazy....I not going to buy the game on launch or preoder it...thats too expensive and this buisness model wont work anymore I bet


15€ for dozens of hours of entertainment per month, yeah im gonna go ahead and say you are wrong.


Up to you. Personally, I dont believe ANY game is worth 235€ a year. With that amount I could buy 7+ different games and have more "hours of entertainment" then I could with just 1 game.


It's actually $225 (Includes 1 month access already, +$60 for game) for the first year and $180 the subsequent years. Dunno what games you're buying but I don't see how you're getting 7+ from $180 or even $225. It's up to the person regardless..do whatever you like.

I suspect the Europeans are paying more because of their god awful VAT.


If it's 15$ for you it's probably 15€ for us, they at least that's how they seem to handle it with other MMOs generally.
Kevmeister @ Dota2
kleetzor
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany360 Posts
July 22 2011 08:44 GMT
#574
It took about a day, but I got my Preorder code from play.com just a couple minutes ago. Just an FYI for people wanting to preorder from Europe.

price was 49.99 euros.
bwally
Profile Joined December 2010
United States670 Posts
July 22 2011 09:27 GMT
#575
Collector's Edition is sold out in most places.
Rage178
Profile Joined October 2010
United States127 Posts
July 22 2011 12:36 GMT
#576
Anyone have any clue if they will be releasing a second wave of the Collector's Edition?

I cant believe they would make it THAT exclusive...its kinda fucked up that you had to preorder that within the first 12 hours or you are just SOL.
Whattayagonnado.
PepperoniPiZZa
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sierra Leone1660 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 13:20:05
July 22 2011 13:11 GMT
#577
Please excuse my ignorance but when exactly does this early game access start? Does anybody have these infos?

_EDIT_
sorry, missed the FAQ (c♥_♥)--o d(♥_♥)b o--(♥_♥c)



When does Early Game Access begin?
Early Game Access will begin prior to the official release of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Precise dates will be revealed at a later time.
Quote?
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
July 22 2011 13:18 GMT
#578
On July 22 2011 21:36 Rage178 wrote:
Anyone have any clue if they will be releasing a second wave of the Collector's Edition?

I cant believe they would make it THAT exclusive...its kinda fucked up that you had to preorder that within the first 12 hours or you are just SOL.

I don't think they will let the opportunity for many more people to give them $150 pass by. You'll have plenty of chances to buy it I imagine.
Rage178
Profile Joined October 2010
United States127 Posts
July 22 2011 13:23 GMT
#579
I e-mailed the contact support today asking if they would be making more of the Collector's Edition available and they said

"Unfortunately the Collector’s Edition sold out in a few short hours after we launched of pre-orders, and we only make a limited amount of copies of this edition of the game.

I would advise you try to contact your local retailers and check if they have the option to buy the collector’s edition."

Also I am wondering if anyone here pre-ordered the game from Wal-mart, and if so when/where did you receive your Pre-order code? I have yet to receive mine.
Whattayagonnado.
Trowa127
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1230 Posts
July 22 2011 13:34 GMT
#580
How can anyone say the monthly subscription is expensive? Have you never played an mmo before :s
Bling, MC, Snute, HwangSin, Deranging (<3) fan. 'Full name - ESP ORTS' Vote hotbid. Vote ESPORTS.
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM745
TKL 241
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 745
ByuN 292
mouzHeroMarine 245
TKL 241
UpATreeSC 73
BRAT_OK 35
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21256
Calm 3148
Shuttle 1082
Horang2 444
Dewaltoss 126
Rush 107
Zeus 61
Free 42
Hyun 32
sorry 31
[ Show more ]
Trap 25
Killer 23
ToSsGirL 20
Bale 19
scan(afreeca) 18
PianO 16
Rock 15
Aegong 14
Hm[arnc] 14
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi1401
League of Legends
KnowMe56
Counter-Strike
fl0m4928
pashabiceps699
Fnx 646
x6flipin293
edward27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King86
Other Games
singsing2007
Liquid`RaSZi1468
Grubby1099
Beastyqt660
ceh9434
C9.Mang0255
crisheroes251
B2W.Neo216
420jenkins195
dupreeh171
IndyStarCraft 166
Trikslyr92
QueenE89
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH282
• EnkiAlexander 22
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3310
• WagamamaTV529
League of Legends
• Nemesis3456
• TFBlade666
Other Games
• Shiphtur799
• imaqtpie465
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 21m
INu's Battles
17h 21m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 21m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.