• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8121 users

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Emulated! - Page 46

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 63 Next
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 08 2007 00:57 GMT
#901
=]
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 08 2007 01:41 GMT
#902
I wish Starcraft had more mind games. Unfortunately, if you try to play mind games often a) your opponent is too dumb to notice and just bowls over you b) your opponent notices, but what you gain is less than what you sacrificed to play those mind games.
Moderator
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
November 08 2007 02:00 GMT
#903
lol I was arguing with someone on IRC the other day about overlord feigning. I was saying its not as good as it should be because of those reasons and a few others. So yesterday I used it on some noob who moved his ebay to me to scout around. From now on when someone does that I'm doing an overlord fake cause it won me the game easy lol.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
November 08 2007 02:24 GMT
#904
I think there is a sense of "macro" in 3s as well (although not really like what we would consider macro in SC). I would consider stuff like watching the clock and watching your meter (deciding when or when to not use meter, of course this applies more for some characters than others) as "macro". Of course it plays a much smaller role than "macro" in SC.

Both are equally fun to watch for me. I get the same heart pounding excitement when watching SBO finals live as I do watching OSL finals live. It's unfortunate matches aren't streamed more. I know there are some Korean arcades that stream ST matches directly from their cabinets. Someone should convince KSK to do that, lol.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-08 02:53:34
November 08 2007 02:51 GMT
#905
Hi Charlie. That was me. (the irc guy)
Moderator
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
November 08 2007 04:42 GMT
#906
On November 08 2007 09:45 thedeadhaji wrote:
As for entertainment value, that is even more impossible to compare.

Well, in one aspect (at least) think they're easy to compare. Consider the OSL live threads vs our SBO live pages. We were going absolutely nuts (well, at least I was ) almost continuously. Meanwhile, in SC, a lot more time passes by without any action. So in terms of action per minute, 3s is the clear winner . It's like concentrated StarCraft, in that respect.

Here's my attempt to compare SC and 3s. These points can be pros or cons for either game, depending on your preferences.

1. In both games, one slip-up can easily put you at a huge disadvantage. It's easier to slip up in 3s, however.

2. Comebacks are doable in both games. They are generally much easier to do in 3s, though.

3. SC is very well balanced on good maps, whereas most matchups in 3s are slightly-to-very imbalanced.

4. Both games have mind games. They play a much bigger role in 3s, though, being one of the main parts of high-level play.

5. Neither game has any significant random factor. The biggest effect of randomness is in attacking cliffed units in SC.

6. Both games have some luck factor and "all-in" strats that counter one thing but lose to another. I'd say "guessing" is a lot more prevalent in 3s, though.

7. Both games accomodate both offensive and defensive strategies. It's hard for me to say which one favours offense or defense more than the other.

8. Both games require various motor skills and mental skills. In my opinion, SC requires a lot more practice to reach the top than 3s, but this is due at least in part to the fact that a game of SC takes more than 10x longer than a game of 3s.

9. Both games require some level of "maintenance" practice work to stay at the top of your game. In my experience, in SC the first things I forget, builds, a sense of timing, and periodic macro. In 3s, the first (and only) things I lose are motor skills. There are a lot fewer facts to remember, IMO.

10. Both games require some level of creative thought. I'd say 3s requires more, though, due to the central role of mind games and the need to constantly out-think your opponent. Furthermore, predictable play can be countered in both games, but much more dramatically in 3s.

11. Both games require total concentration to play at the top of your game. They both make you fall into the zone.

12. Online play is sufficient for SC, but 3s demands zero latency (definite con for 3s =/, but it's probably unavoidable if you want to keep other pluses).

13. Both games are deep, fun, and entertaining to watch, as evidenced by their popularity in asia.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
November 08 2007 04:45 GMT
#907
On November 07 2007 19:28 dropthesky wrote:
How many ppl here post on SRK? with names. I'm dropthesky both places.

I'm me at both places.

lol, somehow I got it into my head that you were the guy, Adil, who stole that other guy's jacket in Mississauga. But I just double-checked and no it was someone else .
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
November 08 2007 05:22 GMT
#908
On November 07 2007 02:16 thedeadhaji wrote:
You're painfully unaware of the fact that SAII used to be considered yun's best SA before the current staple of genei combos were cultivated.

And your argument of taking away a character's SA's, "just for arguments sake" by definition is fruitless and pointless, as KOFgokuon has already stated. If the best players truly thought that yun's SA, chun's normals and others' unblockables were imbalanced and were a serious detriment to the game, then the standard game version in tournament play would not be the first edition of the game, but rather subsequent ones where yun's genei damange reduction is far more severe, chun's chuuashi's cancel frames shorter, and unblockables not existing.

it doesnt matter how good your yun combos are if you cant get into them (like we saw in the vision ranbat from 10-13 I believe, one of the unknown yuns was just horrible getting into the combo itself), and chunli is all about spacing and confirmations, which are both tremendously demanding on the mechanics and concentration of the player, much more so than a makoto or dudley, who are regarded as "ro shan bo" characters where if you "guess right" twice in one match you have the game won.

That's right, these characters get you wins from what is essentially a CHANCE factor, rather than ability, skill, or mechanical proficiency.

Yun definitely takes a lot of skill to use effectively. Genei-Jin is hard to use. I'd say Dudley takes a lot of skill to use effectively, too. At least, in contrast to Chun Li .

My main characters are Ken and Makoto, but my best character is Chun Li, by far. She's very easy to use. Motor-skill wise, I'd say she's comparable to Makoto for ease of use, except that Makoto has tricks like kara-karakusa and 100% stun that IMO are harder than anything you might have to do with Chun. Chun's SGGK is easy, too: it's just a wake-up parry and a kara-throw. Her cr.mk hit confirm is one of the most lenient hit-confirms that I know of. Same goes for her close roundhouse, except that you have to learn to super jump cancel it.

Furthermore, I'd say Chun Li, when she has metre, also has a bigger chance factor than Makoto or Dudley. You just need to make one wrong move or one bad guess and you eat a cr.mk xx super (bye-bye 40% of your life). And when you're cornered you HAVE to start guessing, otherwise she can kara-throw you all day.

Lastly, my vote for scariest character has to go to God, or "RX" as he is known in our earth realm . Time and again we've seen him lock opponents in a cycle of aegis unblockables. When it comes to fear of an instant-loss, the only thing worse would be Akuma vs SA2 Makoto. After that, I think Yun, Chun, Makoto, and Dudley are all more or less equally scary. Makoto has the disadvantage that her opponent has to guess wrong several times in order to suffer the same damage as a Genei-Jin combo / Dudley combo / Chun SA2, but the advantage that she doesn't need metre to be scary, and when she's on a roll her opponents have to just keep on guessing.
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 08 2007 05:50 GMT
#909
MEATY JAB KARAKUSA! =]

lol Bill, EXACTLY the same for me.
Main characters: Ken, Makoto
Best character: Chun-li
Do your best, God will do the rest.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 08 2007 09:39 GMT
#910
SGGK easy? Are you positive about this bill -__-

Keeper's blog mentions how all sorts of unwanted stuff comes out when you're fractionally off with the timing, and it was extremely big news to him when MOV claimed that he figured out how to get SGGK out properly 90% of the time after practicing it for 18+ months
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
November 08 2007 10:54 GMT
#911
My best is probably Makoto, I play Yun as well and other people but I suck horribly at mind games (Especially wake up games, I guess its because MvC2 is my main and I got used to calling AAAs ^_^)

I've actually never heard of SGGK O_O Can someone enlighten me.
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 08 2007 16:15 GMT
#912
SGGK:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?s=51feb5c2fc123a42f5946a963a9dba38&t=122886

From what I read, it's basically throwing out a guess-parry before you kara throw. If he doesn't attack, you get a kara throw, if he does, you get parry into s. hk which you can confirm into super SAII for Chun.
Moderator
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
November 08 2007 16:40 GMT
#913
On November 08 2007 18:39 thedeadhaji wrote:
SGGK easy? Are you positive about this bill -__-

Keeper's blog mentions how all sorts of unwanted stuff comes out when you're fractionally off with the timing, and it was extremely big news to him when MOV claimed that he figured out how to get SGGK out properly 90% of the time after practicing it for 18+ months

Well, I might be off with the timing, but I was using it vs Yang (friend, not the character) a bunch and it seemed to work most of the time. If he did nothing he got kara-thrown, and if he attacked and I parried it, he got hit with close roundhouse. o.O
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-08 15:55:59
November 08 2007 15:55 GMT
#914
On November 08 2007 14:50 jkillashark wrote:
MEATY JAB KARAKUSA! =]

lol Bill, EXACTLY the same for me.
Main characters: Ken, Makoto
Best character: Chun-li

Hehe . Actually I prefer meaty strong and sometimes near-meaty cr.short, because the jab can be parried both high and low.

Actually, I even more prefer a "meaty" rh.karakusa them from a slight distance (just out of throw range) because it can't be wake-up parried at all .

But you know what trick I want to learn? Watch at 2:20 (or 7:50, if counting down):

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WglLtIK4Gxg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WglLtIK4Gxg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

(the Makoto player is from UW)
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
November 09 2007 14:20 GMT
#915
Wow. I never knew that O_o I really must go back to reading SRK 3s Forums
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 09 2007 15:31 GMT
#916
Wow no room for that Ken to breathe.
Do your best, God will do the rest.
dropthesky
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Canada285 Posts
November 09 2007 16:45 GMT
#917
lol, No, I'm not Adil, I don't even live in Sauga, but the people there are crazy, I'll play at p-mall with them once in a while. I jab all day against mokoto really helps to keep her karaing in control. For ease of use Chun is obvious but I actually think Duds learning curve is pretty short. He is not a very deep character in my opinion, you need to learn a few links and juggles and your Dudley will be semi-decent if you use him just as a reactive punisher.


I don't think I've seen a bill in the sauga thread :S

on the other end difficult learning curves would obviously be all the low tiered characters. But I think oro has got to be the hardest.
It Is Not That Impossible Is Unachievable, But Simply That Most People Refuse To Believe Otherwise...
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
November 10 2007 04:13 GMT
#918
New Game41 matches upped by the shend a.k.a Dudleyville http://youtube.com/user/TheShend
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 10 2007 04:43 GMT
#919
I tried learning how to play a decent Dudley but I ran out of summer. I mean ran out of time. Everything freaking connects to his corkscrew blow. He's like another Ken who just can't kick. He also has cool normal combos like forward roundhouse fierce and other ones. I don't remember all of them anymore. =[
Do your best, God will do the rest.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-10 23:17:03
November 10 2007 23:15 GMT
#920
On November 10 2007 13:13 myrmidon2537 wrote:
New Game41 matches upped by the shend a.k.a Dudleyville http://youtube.com/user/TheShend


Hey on this
video at 10:05 (-1:36 here) for akuma's kara throw I don't understand it. Toward+MP will do that chop 2 hit punch that is used for kara demon. This is not what is shown in the video nor does it work for me to kara throw. What the fuck?
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 278
TKL 231
CranKy Ducklings120
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1170
Lowko496
TKL 231
ProTech120
Rex 103
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60117
Free 2334
Horang2 311
firebathero 224
Zeus 176
Last 103
Hyun 90
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 75
910 42
[ Show more ]
soO 28
Aegong 22
Trap 22
Rock 17
Yoon 15
scan(afreeca) 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6453
Dendi903
XaKoH 469
canceldota64
Counter-Strike
fl0m86
Other Games
gofns34431
singsing2319
B2W.Neo464
byalli419
Pyrionflax316
Mlord241
Beastyqt205
ToD180
DeMusliM115
Liquid`VortiX77
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1623
League of Legends
• Jankos2845
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 20m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.