• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8121 users

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Emulated! - Page 45

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 63 Next
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 07 2007 03:26 GMT
#881
best char w/o SA or EX...

Ken Chun Yang Makoto I think.
dropthesky
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Canada285 Posts
November 07 2007 04:01 GMT
#882
Surprised you'd put yang in there, he needs he EX Mantis, that is no joke. I don't want to theory too much on 3S, but Akuma being the best in a no super no ex 3S does make sense. Think about it. Okay so he takes mad damage, but without supers, the biggest damage dealers in the game aren't present, Akuma would own I'm thinking. And chun because of her normals.
It Is Not That Impossible Is Unachievable, But Simply That Most People Refuse To Believe Otherwise...
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 07 2007 05:19 GMT
#883
Oh, right. For some reason my brain said "regular tourous are fine" but you're right, they dont deal nearly enough dmg. Mmmm, are his dive kicks / command throws / regular tourous enough... probably not.

I'd still put Ken Chun Makoto before Gouki though.
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 07 2007 05:50 GMT
#884
Gouki takes stun like a little girl though he is probably one of the more fun players to play with. If July ever became a 3rd strike player, I think he would be play Gouki or Makoto. Reckless attacking!!!!! iloveoov would play Chun.
Do your best, God will do the rest.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-07 06:37:36
November 07 2007 06:35 GMT
#885
Oh wow, so many posts and I have no time to read them all or reply to anything .

A friend sent me a link to this video, though:

SF3: Ack (Urien) vs Tokido (Chun Li) & Boss (Yun) 01 06 2007


Ack is a Canadian player, and apparently he's the only non-Japanese player to win a Gamers Vision ranbat (which I'm assuming included the 2 matches in this vid) :O.

These are some great games, too. Love how Ack finishes off Tokido .
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
November 07 2007 07:44 GMT
#886
On November 07 2007 14:50 jkillashark wrote:
iloveoov would play Chun.




Without EXs I might put Gouki over Yang. But yeah, Ken Makoto and Chun would still be better than Gouki


Ack isn't Jap? Never knew that before *shrug* I also had the notion that someone like Pyro may have taken at least one ranbat from the japs, but then again, it seems like he chokes against Jap players (or, more likely, Japs are just that much better)
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
dropthesky
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Canada285 Posts
November 07 2007 10:28 GMT
#887
I think if anyone is about to take a ranbat from the japs are 3S, (other games it would be Jwong obviously) but at 3S im thinking fubarduck. He was at trained in japan for a while, and has made a few gvision appearences, only thing is he got owned.


How many ppl here post on SRK? with names. I'm dropthesky both places.
It Is Not That Impossible Is Unachievable, But Simply That Most People Refuse To Believe Otherwise...
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
November 07 2007 10:36 GMT
#888
Same name. But I lurk there except ocassionally, in the Philippine players thread, I post every now and then.

IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-07 12:56:58
November 07 2007 12:51 GMT
#889
I dont read foreign sites when it comes to 3s >__>. So no SRK for me.

Bill I remember watching that and ACK played really impressively that match. But I dont think he played in the finals iirc? And We dont know how many matches he played up to that point. Ever since Vision went to 3v3 format on a regular basis there's a lot more variation in the results. I remember around 2005 nearly all the ranbats were being won by Nitto, KO, Nuki etc with really really small chances that someone like a Pierre, RX, or Ochibi would win. X__X

myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
November 07 2007 13:31 GMT
#890
Tokido and Kokujin too before he retired,

Loved his "last match" (grudge match?) Vs Tokido. Finished him off with an Ex Uppercut FOR STYLE XD
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 07 2007 17:46 GMT
#891
I think Tokido's domination was late 2006 and currently 2007, rather than 2005 (I think he was prolly urien back then? or didnt play in vision that much. I think it's only after enrolling in Tokyo Univ that he started playing more in vision, since he works part time there now)

Yea i definitely remember kokujin winning a few of them as well ^_^

on a side note, I really miss Aruka
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
November 07 2007 18:19 GMT
#892
Yeah, aruka's the best Ibuki ever, Hossy comes at a very far Second. Before them, I thought c.mp was a subpar poke for ibuki till I found out that it can link to SAIII which is sometimes used as an alternate super vs Shotos O_O

I recall Aruka's won at least one GV ranbat and Aruka/Hossy/(someone) won a 3v3, There's probably one on youtube but I'll try to look for it after getting some sleep and going to school.
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 07 2007 18:24 GMT
#893
No i've definitely seen both of those, and have both the files on my disks somewhere. ^^
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
November 07 2007 21:54 GMT
#894
Wtf, Tokido goes to a university? I thought all sf players were bums like Mago XD. What about some of the other SF players?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 07 2007 22:40 GMT
#895
Both Keeper and Tokido go to Tokyo University (best univ in japan). I think they're both Chemical Engineering students actually :O

Other than those two, I have no idea.

Well actually, guys like RX and Messatsu work at corporations and squeeze in practice during their little free time.
jkillashark
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States5262 Posts
November 08 2007 00:12 GMT
#896
Hey haji, here's a couple questions for you. What is more entertaining for you. 3rd strike or StarCraft? Which do you think requires more skill?
Do your best, God will do the rest.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
November 08 2007 00:35 GMT
#897
On November 08 2007 07:40 thedeadhaji wrote:
Both Keeper and Tokido go to Tokyo University (best univ in japan). I think they're both Chemical Engineering students actually :O

Other than those two, I have no idea.

Well actually, guys like RX and Messatsu work at corporations and squeeze in practice during their little free time.


I feel bad for them
How do they keep their skills sharp ><
out of curiousity, do they all just play for fun or do they make money from playing
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2007-11-08 00:44:36
November 08 2007 00:39 GMT
#898
On November 08 2007 09:12 jkillashark wrote:
Hey haji, here's a couple questions for you. What is more entertaining for you. 3rd strike or StarCraft? Which do you think requires more skill?

woah yer not a mod anymore?

IMO (to answer the question for him) 3s takes way more skill because there is less room for error and a small error = death. But its a different kind of skill than in starcraft. Not to mention all the little differences in each character matchup. Its like comparing apples to oranges.

I was planning to break it down in more detail but there are so many variables it would be ridiculous to list.

Macro would be more of an endurance/multitasking skill which is totally not present in 3s. 3s is like all micro. Its more of an opinion on what is more skillful in your eyes (beauty is in the eye of the beholder type of thing).
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 08 2007 00:40 GMT
#899
there\'s almost no money for events in japan, SBO paid maybe 500-800$ to the 1st place team, etc (and on a 3 man team it\'s not much).

Cooperation cup is the biggest 3s \"event\" in japan, zero prize money they really just play for the joy of playing. A lot of times the employees at the arcades and the owner themselves are players / former players, so I guess there\'s kind of a fraternity of players in the game.

So yea in short they all play \"for the love of the game\"
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
November 08 2007 00:45 GMT
#900
Jkilla these two games demand entirely different skillsets from the players, a direct comparison is unfair, and or infeasible. I would say that SC demands more on the macroscale, such as multitasking and grasping the overall scope of the battlefield. On the other hand, I personally believe 3s's microcontrol side demands more than even the most control intensive of SC mechanics.

As for entertainment value, that is even more impossible to compare.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 278
TKL 231
CranKy Ducklings120
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1170
Lowko496
TKL 231
ProTech120
Rex 103
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60117
Free 2334
Horang2 311
firebathero 224
Zeus 176
Last 103
Hyun 90
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 75
910 42
[ Show more ]
soO 28
Aegong 22
Trap 22
Rock 17
Yoon 15
scan(afreeca) 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6453
Dendi903
XaKoH 469
canceldota64
Counter-Strike
fl0m86
Other Games
gofns34431
singsing2319
B2W.Neo464
byalli419
Pyrionflax316
Mlord241
Beastyqt205
ToD180
DeMusliM115
Liquid`VortiX77
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1623
League of Legends
• Jankos2845
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 20m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.