• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:42
CEST 15:42
KST 22:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7948 users

Diablo IV - Page 10

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 129 Next
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-05 20:23:42
June 05 2020 20:17 GMT
#181
On June 05 2020 05:19 Manit0u wrote:
That's why mechanics were not fine. They were too tied to the gear. Basically, your gear totally dictated your build and I hated that. What was crap in D2 was adding all those items with powerful effects that were previously tied down to certain classes (teleport, auras) which sure enough opened up some new builds but pretty much made all builds not revolving around those items obsolete. Rune words bad for the game.

In D3 I hated the fact that I didn't give 2 hoots about the story and gameplay wise it was all about finding new gear and this sweet spot in one of sixteen difficulty levels where you can one-shot everything so you can speed clear farm more gear. I want a game that'll get me invested in the story, the characters, the world around me. Not just chasing a cool new bauble that'll let me kill faster. I want the battles to take some time instead of you insta-gib them or they insta-gib you, there's no real tension in that.

Agree!!
I think D2 has better mechanics than D3 too overall (walking is a big one. In D2 if you walk you have 100% of your block and defense, if you run you have 33% of your block and 0% of your defense. If you play well you'll want to switch between walking and running during combat and its even a player style thing how you do it). But I think you could do better. I think there is room for real good gameplay with movement controlled by ZQSD tbh. Depth in the end is what matters. Hence why one shot stuff is mostly bad, it's quite binary. Batch of rune words from 1.10 and after break a lot of balance in D2. Anti Cheat is a huge question mark. There is totally room for an amazing new ARPG but I don't think blizzard can make it.
Also I believe it's worth exploring something different about health and healing. If you can easily heal yourself during fight or in between fights, it doesn't matter that much whether you got hit or how many times you got hit during a fight if you don't die. But remove the ability to heal and now you have to manage your health and play to get hit less, defense is more of a factor. Could have some ways to manually block or parry attacks and dodge etc. If you have to go back to town or someplace to heal back up then make it so you lose some opportunity in your quest or mission or loot or w/e, make it matter how much you get hit and how well you do on a longer string of time not just if you die or not in the span of a few seconds imo.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
June 05 2020 20:34 GMT
#182
Meh I keep rewatching the gameplay video hoping I can change my mind. Still looks like a reskin of D3. Too little too late imo.

I’m gonna wait for what D2 remaster will offer. I hope it can be heavily modded.
Skol
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
June 06 2020 12:44 GMT
#183
On June 06 2020 05:34 Emnjay808 wrote:
Meh I keep rewatching the gameplay video hoping I can change my mind. Still looks like a reskin of D3. Too little too late imo.

I’m gonna wait for what D2 remaster will offer. I hope it can be heavily modded.


You're still hopeful after what happened to WC3 Remaster? Jesus, I wish I'd have 1/8th of your optimism.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-06 15:30:39
June 06 2020 14:13 GMT
#184
Sure Blizzard messed up a few times over the years and hating on them is really easy after D3, the Diablo Immortal fiasco and especially the WC3R f*** up. But in all honesty, everything I've seen so far of D4 gives me hope and who knows, they might actually pull it of and finally release another great Diablo game after 20 years. Being optimistic has always been the better choice for me, than hating on a game I haven't played yet.
If it sucks, I'll just continue playing PoE, even though I haven't enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed playing D1 & 2 back in the day.
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12172 Posts
June 06 2020 21:07 GMT
#185
On June 06 2020 23:13 thePunGun wrote:
Sure Blizzard messed up a few times over the years and hating on them is really easy after D3, the Diablo Immortal fiasco and especially the WC3R f*** up. But in all honesty, everything I've seen so far of D4 gives me hope and who knows, they might actually pull it of and finally release another great Diablo game after 20 years. Being optimistic has always been the better choice for me, than hating on a game I haven't played yet.
If it sucks, I'll just continue playing PoE, even though I haven't enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed playing D1 & 2 back in the day.


Do you think D3 has improved a lot since release? If so, D4 has a good chance of being good since the lessons from D3 release until now should still be with them.
Gorsameth
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands22618 Posts
June 06 2020 21:09 GMT
#186
On June 06 2020 21:44 Latham wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2020 05:34 Emnjay808 wrote:
Meh I keep rewatching the gameplay video hoping I can change my mind. Still looks like a reskin of D3. Too little too late imo.

I’m gonna wait for what D2 remaster will offer. I hope it can be heavily modded.


You're still hopeful after what happened to WC3 Remaster? Jesus, I wish I'd have 1/8th of your optimism.
Why does WC3 matter when D4 will have an (entirely) different team working on it?

It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
June 07 2020 01:24 GMT
#187
On June 07 2020 06:07 Yurie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2020 23:13 thePunGun wrote:
Sure Blizzard messed up a few times over the years and hating on them is really easy after D3, the Diablo Immortal fiasco and especially the WC3R f*** up. But in all honesty, everything I've seen so far of D4 gives me hope and who knows, they might actually pull it of and finally release another great Diablo game after 20 years. Being optimistic has always been the better choice for me, than hating on a game I haven't played yet.
If it sucks, I'll just continue playing PoE, even though I haven't enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed playing D1 & 2 back in the day.


Do you think D3 has improved a lot since release? If so, D4 has a good chance of being good since the lessons from D3 release until now should still be with them.


D3 did improve some (especially when they released the expansion) but it was too little too late and nothing could really save it because where D3 is flawed is at its core (both in term of mechanics and story) so no matter how much you fix around it it'll remain a broken game and so late in the game's lifespan it's not possible to fix its core.

Also, does anyone remember the real money AH? Yeah...

And Blizzard now has some pretty heavy ties with Chinese market, which does not bode well for Diablo (with heavy censorship, ban on skeletons etc.)

Right now all is left for me in the ARPG market is to wait for someone to do something like Grim Dawn but in a different setting (not really into this victorian era stuff and it was the only thing that threw me off in GD).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Atreides
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2393 Posts
June 07 2020 01:56 GMT
#188
I like modern d3 quite a lot its just stale after legit 20 seasons. I will pay money and play the shit out of a d4 thats very similar to d3 but a new game.
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-07 22:07:16
June 07 2020 18:22 GMT
#189
On June 07 2020 06:07 Yurie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2020 23:13 thePunGun wrote:
Sure Blizzard messed up a few times over the years and hating on them is really easy after D3, the Diablo Immortal fiasco and especially the WC3R f*** up. But in all honesty, everything I've seen so far of D4 gives me hope and who knows, they might actually pull it of and finally release another great Diablo game after 20 years. Being optimistic has always been the better choice for me, than hating on a game I haven't played yet.
If it sucks, I'll just continue playing PoE, even though I haven't enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed playing D1 & 2 back in the day.


Do you think D3 has improved a lot since release? If so, D4 has a good chance of being good since the lessons from D3 release until now should still be with them.

It definitely improved over the years and I did enjoy doing seasonal runs until I eventually got bored. But D2 felt a lot more challenging and items didn't feel as insignificant.
The amount of worthless legendaries and legendary gems is just way too high in D3.
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-07 21:45:46
June 07 2020 21:32 GMT
#190
Said it before but something I really like and that's important to me is to get to play more complex characters (as well as highly customizable), so characters that may use many skills, over 12 skills, or over 20 or even more. It really is playable, in wow characters have close to 50 skills.. when well balanced it's just awesome. (You can just switch your keybind "pages" using 1 2 3 4 5 and use keys around WASD for skills and actions for example). With open playstyle, not a pre written playstyle. This and complex mechanics and stat system etc. Quality > quantity but to bring more depth and quality, quantity can matter : P
It's something D2 has to a good extent, but it's tricky to find the builds that work well with up to 16 (active) skills, there are though. You have up to 16 hotkeys for actions, 1 of them would be town portal and maybe 1 or 2 skills coming from items, there is room for making effective skill builds that use the remaining 13 or 14 keys like Sorc based on chain lightning + meteor + thunderstorm + hydra (using telekinesis energy shield frozen armor static field teleport enchant etc) or amazon using a combination of spear + bow with lightning strike + fend + strafe + some enchanted arrow and passive skills including inner sight etc. Done similar with druid or necro I think all characters in D2 can actually build with a lot of skills effectively just gotta find the balance and pick your items ofc. Because of 1.10 synergies and runewords its kinda easy to build with only a few skills and be effective since 1.10 though.
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7413 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-08 06:58:00
June 08 2020 06:53 GMT
#191
On June 07 2020 06:09 Gorsameth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2020 21:44 Latham wrote:
On June 06 2020 05:34 Emnjay808 wrote:
Meh I keep rewatching the gameplay video hoping I can change my mind. Still looks like a reskin of D3. Too little too late imo.

I’m gonna wait for what D2 remaster will offer. I hope it can be heavily modded.


You're still hopeful after what happened to WC3 Remaster? Jesus, I wish I'd have 1/8th of your optimism.
Why does WC3 matter when D4 will have an (entirely) different team working on it?



Still the same executives who shoed a very unfinished game out the door to make some quick buck

It could be interesting to go down a route where not only clearspeed matters.
Imagine instead of 100 mobs on screen which all are pretty much oneshot but instead only very few with meaningful attacks, buff, debuffs, ... where every fight is a "small boss" fight. Like an isometric dark soul meets D2 kinda game. It be totally down for that
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17845 Posts
June 08 2020 12:03 GMT
#192
On June 08 2020 06:32 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
Said it before but something I really like and that's important to me is to get to play more complex characters (as well as highly customizable), so characters that may use many skills, over 12 skills, or over 20 or even more. It really is playable, in wow characters have close to 50 skills.. when well balanced it's just awesome. (You can just switch your keybind "pages" using 1 2 3 4 5 and use keys around WASD for skills and actions for example). With open playstyle, not a pre written playstyle. This and complex mechanics and stat system etc. Quality > quantity but to bring more depth and quality, quantity can matter : P
It's something D2 has to a good extent, but it's tricky to find the builds that work well with up to 16 (active) skills, there are though. You have up to 16 hotkeys for actions, 1 of them would be town portal and maybe 1 or 2 skills coming from items, there is room for making effective skill builds that use the remaining 13 or 14 keys like Sorc based on chain lightning + meteor + thunderstorm + hydra (using telekinesis energy shield frozen armor static field teleport enchant etc) or amazon using a combination of spear + bow with lightning strike + fend + strafe + some enchanted arrow and passive skills including inner sight etc. Done similar with druid or necro I think all characters in D2 can actually build with a lot of skills effectively just gotta find the balance and pick your items ofc. Because of 1.10 synergies and runewords its kinda easy to build with only a few skills and be effective since 1.10 though.


I don't think having 50 skills on your skill bar is beneficial in any way. Even if you have so many there's still usually just a handful that you'll be cycling through to have the most impact. I really like the GW approach here, where you have a gazillion skills that you can also mix and match by having 2 classes effectively (similar to Grim Dawn) and of those skills you can pick only 8 (1 of them elite) but you can switch your skills and attributes whenever you're in town (can't do it outside of town when doing missions). Come to think of it, GW is pretty much an ARGPG at this point since you can solo all of the game content and areas are instanced to your team so it's not open world (only town hubs are open and serve as a sort of a lobby).

On June 08 2020 15:53 Harris1st wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2020 06:09 Gorsameth wrote:
On June 06 2020 21:44 Latham wrote:
On June 06 2020 05:34 Emnjay808 wrote:
Meh I keep rewatching the gameplay video hoping I can change my mind. Still looks like a reskin of D3. Too little too late imo.

I’m gonna wait for what D2 remaster will offer. I hope it can be heavily modded.


You're still hopeful after what happened to WC3 Remaster? Jesus, I wish I'd have 1/8th of your optimism.
Why does WC3 matter when D4 will have an (entirely) different team working on it?



Still the same executives who shoed a very unfinished game out the door to make some quick buck

It could be interesting to go down a route where not only clearspeed matters.
Imagine instead of 100 mobs on screen which all are pretty much oneshot but instead only very few with meaningful attacks, buff, debuffs, ... where every fight is a "small boss" fight. Like an isometric dark soul meets D2 kinda game. It be totally down for that


Yeah, that's also what I want. This tension when you start running out of mana or some other vital resource, your health is plummeting and your opponent is on the verge of death but you're uncertain if you can take it down, you have to position yourself, do some kiting, side-stepping etc. and when you finally come out on top it feels like an actual accomplishment.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
June 08 2020 12:19 GMT
#193
Wasn't the guy I quoted talking about a D2 remaster? I'm 100% sure they'll find a way to fuck that up...
as for D4? I dunno, it's still very much up in the air... I have no opinion on that topic.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
aseq
Profile Joined January 2003
Netherlands4019 Posts
June 08 2020 19:09 GMT
#194
I think we shouldn't underestimate the age impact. No matter what they do, I'm not going to be super excited about D4, even if has the best system ever. The excitement isn't there like I was younger. I'm never going to feel the same as I did when I found my first Stormshield in solo D2. Nowadays, we look up the dropping odds for the item, feel bored during putting in the hours and blame the RPG gods when it doesn't drop.

And the story was never that interesting. The atmosphere was.
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
June 09 2020 01:27 GMT
#195
On June 09 2020 04:09 aseq wrote:
I think we shouldn't underestimate the age impact. No matter what they do, I'm not going to be super excited about D4, even if has the best system ever. The excitement isn't there like I was younger. I'm never going to feel the same as I did when I found my first Stormshield in solo D2. Nowadays, we look up the dropping odds for the item, feel bored during putting in the hours and blame the RPG gods when it doesn't drop.

And the story was never that interesting. The atmosphere was.



that's just you. i'm still as exited or even more so then when i was younger.
depends on what you value in life.
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
ProMeTheus112
Profile Joined December 2009
France2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-09 01:48:52
June 09 2020 01:37 GMT
#196
On June 08 2020 21:03 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2020 06:32 ProMeTheus112 wrote:
Said it before but something I really like and that's important to me is to get to play more complex characters (as well as highly customizable), so characters that may use many skills, over 12 skills, or over 20 or even more. It really is playable, in wow characters have close to 50 skills.. when well balanced it's just awesome. (You can just switch your keybind "pages" using 1 2 3 4 5 and use keys around WASD for skills and actions for example). With open playstyle, not a pre written playstyle. This and complex mechanics and stat system etc. Quality > quantity but to bring more depth and quality, quantity can matter : P
It's something D2 has to a good extent, but it's tricky to find the builds that work well with up to 16 (active) skills, there are though. You have up to 16 hotkeys for actions, 1 of them would be town portal and maybe 1 or 2 skills coming from items, there is room for making effective skill builds that use the remaining 13 or 14 keys like Sorc based on chain lightning + meteor + thunderstorm + hydra (using telekinesis energy shield frozen armor static field teleport enchant etc) or amazon using a combination of spear + bow with lightning strike + fend + strafe + some enchanted arrow and passive skills including inner sight etc. Done similar with druid or necro I think all characters in D2 can actually build with a lot of skills effectively just gotta find the balance and pick your items ofc. Because of 1.10 synergies and runewords its kinda easy to build with only a few skills and be effective since 1.10 though.


I don't think having 50 skills on your skill bar is beneficial in any way. Even if you have so many there's still usually just a handful that you'll be cycling through to have the most impact. I really like the GW approach here, where you have a gazillion skills that you can also mix and match by having 2 classes effectively (similar to Grim Dawn) and of those skills you can pick only 8 (1 of them elite) but you can switch your skills and attributes whenever you're in town (can't do it outside of town when doing missions). Come to think of it, GW is pretty much an ARGPG at this point since you can solo all of the game content and areas are instanced to your team so it's not open world (only town hubs are open and serve as a sort of a lobby).

Show nested quote +
On June 08 2020 15:53 Harris1st wrote:
On June 07 2020 06:09 Gorsameth wrote:
On June 06 2020 21:44 Latham wrote:
On June 06 2020 05:34 Emnjay808 wrote:
Meh I keep rewatching the gameplay video hoping I can change my mind. Still looks like a reskin of D3. Too little too late imo.

I’m gonna wait for what D2 remaster will offer. I hope it can be heavily modded.


You're still hopeful after what happened to WC3 Remaster? Jesus, I wish I'd have 1/8th of your optimism.
Why does WC3 matter when D4 will have an (entirely) different team working on it?



Still the same executives who shoed a very unfinished game out the door to make some quick buck

It could be interesting to go down a route where not only clearspeed matters.
Imagine instead of 100 mobs on screen which all are pretty much oneshot but instead only very few with meaningful attacks, buff, debuffs, ... where every fight is a "small boss" fight. Like an isometric dark soul meets D2 kinda game. It be totally down for that


Yeah, that's also what I want. This tension when you start running out of mana or some other vital resource, your health is plummeting and your opponent is on the verge of death but you're uncertain if you can take it down, you have to position yourself, do some kiting, side-stepping etc. and when you finally come out on top it feels like an actual accomplishment.


I think for sure that more skills isn't necessarily better, but in wow played a lot of druid wpvp and you can actually make use of almost all of your skills effectively there (even on a single fight). Wow does have something with cooldowns and some design where your playstyle may be sorta defined by for example very strong skills on a cooldown that you just have to use, crowd controls or the ability to heal a lot etc. Anyway for a ARPG I don't think 50 skills is necessary but I definitely want to be able to use for example 12 or more, and be rewarded for that. Also like to play with quite a bunch of stats and skills values etc.

Also the point about clearspeed I really agree, if only the speed of killing matters there is a depth problem and a difficulty problem. If you just slow down a bit it's easy, if you want to do a playstyle that doesn't kill the fastest it's suboptimal etc. That's part of why I'd suggest looking at ways to reward or punish for things like getting hit less over a longer period of time. In my opinion one of D2's biggest flaw is the mega incentive to RUSH like crazy. That's amplified by the ability to get XP from mobs killed by higher leveled characters, but also because the rewards for rushing are big and there isn't much of a penalty to doing some stuff better or worse if you just don't die. I played a lot of D2 completely avoiding to rush and instead building up by doing extra areas and I've had a lot lot more fun playing that way (actually is one way to make the high skill count builds work, by getting more gear at each level so you can avoid maxing some skill early and instead start branching out etc).
frontliner2
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Netherlands844 Posts
June 09 2020 05:34 GMT
#197
Looks like a reskin of D3. Blizzard USA openly fascist to the enemies of the CCP.

D3 was a disaster, WC3R a train wreck. Killed both Brood War and WC3 classics deliberately, just to bully us to buy their shit. Outsources to cheap dev teams in Asia.

Fires 800 ppl after a record year, pays low wages, caters to genocidal communists and rushes to defend their honor. Kotick enriches himself disproportionally. Announces d3 immortal unironically. Announces shifting all major devs to mobile projects. Kotick is an Epstein pedo buddy.

Doesn't care about games at all, just wants to milk IP and mice on. Exists solely for profits and share holders / company value.

Why would anyone like or trust anything from them now? Why?
I had a bad dream. Don't be afraid, bad dreams are only dreams. What a time you chose to be born in...
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
June 09 2020 11:03 GMT
#198
After 10k hours on PoE I have gotten a bit into D3 lately. Blizzard's D4 trailer was - like usually, incredible. I like that they have returned to origin with a gritty look, but other than that, I expect another dumbed down experience like D3, but maybe it isn't so bad. Maybe this is Blizzard's greatest strength of making something very accessible. That said, I really hope they move away from set items. Hope they expand on the cube thing, as that adds some flexibility to your build, which is desperately needed in the Diablo franchise.

Probably 3-4 years away, so a lot can happen.
LiangHao
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-09 11:17:05
June 09 2020 11:11 GMT
#199
On June 09 2020 14:34 frontliner2 wrote:
Looks like a reskin of D3. Blizzard USA openly fascist to the enemies of the CCP.

D3 was a disaster, WC3R a train wreck. Killed both Brood War and WC3 classics deliberately, just to bully us to buy their shit. Outsources to cheap dev teams in Asia.

Fires 800 ppl after a record year, pays low wages, caters to genocidal communists and rushes to defend their honor. Kotick enriches himself disproportionally. Announces d3 immortal unironically. Announces shifting all major devs to mobile projects. Kotick is an Epstein pedo buddy.

Doesn't care about games at all, just wants to milk IP and mice on. Exists solely for profits and share holders / company value.

Why would anyone like or trust anything from them now? Why?
I feel they have done well with Overwatch. I really fancy that game. HS is a bit of a cash grab, but I haven't found a card game that suits my needs as well as it does.

I am not saying it is okay, but the whole world outsources to Asia, because the labour is like a bowl of rice. I wish it was just USA, but it isn't. Quality is really hard to come by and truth be told, I only trust Scandinavian quality, but it is also vastly decreasing with the notion of "optimising profits", and the population are manipulated into buy-and-toss-away, so not build to last, works well. And in this information age, nobody really knows anything and craftmanship and the pride with it are a dated notions.

Capitalism does what it can get away with. It is the consumers that vote with their wallets, and if they are voting for the lowest common denominator, that is what they will get.
LiangHao
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7413 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-09 11:23:46
June 09 2020 11:23 GMT
#200
On June 09 2020 20:03 Dracolich70 wrote:
... I like that they have returned to origin with a gritty look, but other than that, I expect another dumbed down experience like D3, but maybe it isn't so bad. Maybe this is Blizzard's greatest strength of making something very accessible....


That is, in essence, what Blizzard always was. Combined with the "easy to learn, hard to master" credo all gamers love is what made Blizzard big.
Besides the obvious flaws and bugs, Blizzard games are still very accessible, but they are now "easy to learn, something boring to something profit"
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 129 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1040
WardiTV767
OGKoka 298
Rex147
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 298
Rex 147
ProTech132
Codebar 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2299
Shuttle 2097
Horang2 1386
EffOrt 833
Jaedong 832
BeSt 535
Light 389
Mini 308
Stork 294
firebathero 283
[ Show more ]
ZerO 265
Rush 241
ggaemo 153
Barracks 97
Zeus 89
Shine 74
Killer 65
Hyun 54
Yoon 38
ToSsGirL 31
Shinee 30
Sexy 28
Mong 26
Bale 24
sorry 23
Aegong 21
soO 21
PianO 21
Terrorterran 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 12
zelot 10
HiyA 9
Icarus 7
Noble 7
yabsab 7
Dota 2
qojqva3011
Dendi2101
BananaSlamJamma311
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin390
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes424
Other Games
singsing2255
olofmeister1401
hiko825
B2W.Neo735
Lowko349
Sick210
Pyrionflax201
Liquid`VortiX166
ArmadaUGS90
Mew2King38
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream495
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• Nemesis1165
Other Games
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.