• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:54
CEST 07:54
KST 14:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9453 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 71

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 76 Next
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
September 25 2011 04:12 GMT
#1401
Something else worth nothing

How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
September 25 2011 04:33 GMT
#1402
Why were his augmentations disabled, why'd he lose his weapons and why does he still have the HUD that's part of his augmentations?

I know that's picky and the reasons are obvious, but they really should've picked a better topic and less farfetched idea for the DLC. It's not really the Missing Link. It's the Link They Created Out of Nowhere and Jammed into a Completed Story. Oh well, I just hope you can throw people off the boat.

ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
September 25 2011 04:43 GMT
#1403
On September 25 2011 13:33 Jibba wrote:
Why were his augmentations disabled, why'd he lose his weapons and why does he still have the HUD that's part of his augmentations?

I know that's picky and the reasons are obvious, but they really should've picked a better topic and less farfetched idea for the DLC. It's not really the Missing Link. It's the Link They Created Out of Nowhere and Jammed into a Completed Story. Oh well, I just hope you can throw people off the boat.


I get you man. When I played through the game, I didn't for a second think we were missing anything over those days he went silent. I wish they had expanded on other parts of the game like Talion A.D. or even Jensen's origins.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
September 25 2011 04:47 GMT
#1404
I would cream my pants if they had done a DLC of Gunther's assassination mission (which happens during the timeline of DX3.)
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 06:09:37
September 25 2011 06:08 GMT
#1405
On September 25 2011 13:47 Jibba wrote:
I would cream my pants if they had done a DLC of Gunther's assassination mission (which happens during the timeline of DX3.)

The stuff that happens in the novel, Icarus Effect?

EDIT: Maybe they didn't remove his retinal augs, so he still has HUD. Removing peoples eyes isn't fun, is it?
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
Hoon
Profile Joined December 2010
Brazil891 Posts
September 25 2011 07:18 GMT
#1406
On September 25 2011 13:33 Jibba wrote:
Why were his augmentations disabled, why'd he lose his weapons and why does he still have the HUD that's part of his augmentations?

I know that's picky and the reasons are obvious, but they really should've picked a better topic and less farfetched idea for the DLC. It's not really the Missing Link. It's the Link They Created Out of Nowhere and Jammed into a Completed Story. Oh well, I just hope you can throw people off the boat.


The part where he loses all his weapons and augs is now the new missing link.
SEn Fanclub: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=170834
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
September 25 2011 18:00 GMT
#1407
On September 25 2011 13:33 Jibba wrote:
Why were his augmentations disabled, why'd he lose his weapons and why does he still have the HUD that's part of his augmentations?

I know that's picky and the reasons are obvious, but they really should've picked a better topic and less farfetched idea for the DLC. It's not really the Missing Link. It's the Link They Created Out of Nowhere and Jammed into a Completed Story. Oh well, I just hope you can throw people off the boat.


Screw the HUD, how can he even move with disabled augs anyway? But let's say that thanks to Adam's special DNA, his augs weren't completely disabled after all...

Anyway, seems like the whole idea is inspired by the UNATCO imprisonment in the original, so while skeptical, I'll probably pick it up...if their stupid patching won't make the game unplayble till then. Seriously the last two patches just made the game lag like hell for me.
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
September 25 2011 18:12 GMT
#1408
On September 25 2011 15:08 DisaFear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 25 2011 13:47 Jibba wrote:
I would cream my pants if they had done a DLC of Gunther's assassination mission (which happens during the timeline of DX3.)

The stuff that happens in the novel, Icarus Effect?

EDIT: Maybe they didn't remove his retinal augs, so he still has HUD. Removing peoples eyes isn't fun, is it?

But they also remove the other eye augmentations like being able to see when guards give up, MGS style, so why would his HUD still be in there, or why wouldn't he have those augs?
blowfish
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria238 Posts
September 25 2011 18:32 GMT
#1409
I will still buy it - just to force them to make even a better sequel if they see that the interest is there.
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
September 25 2011 18:53 GMT
#1410
The best part about the game was + Show Spoiler +
blowing everyone up at the end.


I really did not like the story - at all. It felt like you were thrown here and there at random, and just "thin" in general. For example, with Sarif... after act 1 he basically just freaking dissapeared untill the last hour of the game -.-. That's the general impression of the game - just too much stuff in the story that never really goes deep into, characters and plots introduced and then basically never mentioned again, only vaguely refered too.
I hated it. It could've been SO MUCH BETTER.
England will fight to the last American
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
September 25 2011 22:13 GMT
#1411
I just bought Deus Ex from steam and installed it. My computer can only just run it with absolute minimum settings and even then still is a little laggy, which makes me sad.

Any suggestions as to what I should prioritise for augmentations, whether actually looking around for those points that give you free augmentations (I forget the name) is worth it, etc?
Moderator
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
September 26 2011 00:31 GMT
#1412
Get hacking level for lots of bonus XP. Get wall breaking for lots of freebies, get social aug for cool convos, get jump and super strength for access to parts of the map. Get larger inventory to carry more stuff.
Psiven
Profile Joined May 2010
United States148 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-26 01:13:41
September 26 2011 01:13 GMT
#1413
I finally completed my (first) playthrough at somewhere around 40 hours. Disappointed that I missed a book for Doctorate, so I'll keep a checklist on my next playthrough. I'm pretty sure I screwed up Foxiest of the Hounds in the first mission, and Pacifist during the Prologue (so I killed a few people later on as well).

+ Show Spoiler +
I enjoyed the story, but the ending with the 4 buttons to choose was ridiculous. We couldn't have at least had conversation options?

Apart from the 3rd boss fight, the combat got way too easy later on. I easily stockpiled as much ammo as I cared to for the heaviest weapons available, but the entire last level is full of harmless crazy people who I didn't want to shoot. I played through the Hyron fight without using the laser cheese because it was already way too easy, and throughout the game I refused to take the Typhoon and delayed Cloak until I had nothing else to get.

On the subject of augmentations, being thorough gets you enough XP that you run out of useful augs to get halfway through. I finished the game with 180k XP, and had put my last 20 Praxis into mostly-to-completely worthless upgrades. I also had 30k credits (after buying every Praxis kit) and was disappointed that there weren't any additional augs to buy or anything worthwhile beyond the standard 2x Praxis per clinic.
KasdaTheEmperor
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Croatia239 Posts
September 26 2011 18:11 GMT
#1414
This was the first time I played Deus Ex and i've gotta say that i am pleasantly surprised. Didn't play a game like this a looong time. I liked everything from the gameplay, storyline, design, graphics and so on. The ending was mind blowing and thought provoking. Excellent game. 10/10
''Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in raising up everytime we fall''
Casta
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark234 Posts
September 26 2011 19:10 GMT
#1415
Only just completed the game. A lot of the story and general gameplay really gives tribute to deus ex 1 which is awesome. If I didn't like the first game so much I probably wouldn't have liked dx3 nearly as much as I do.

Lot of stuff could have been better especially the kind of boring augmentations compared to J.C. Dentons kick ass nano augs. They are supposed to be inferior story wise, but I would have liked to play around with some more complicated and less cutscene-ish stuff than these. I played hard difficulty and it felt fitting, not too easy and not too frustrating.

Anyway a very good game, especially for fans of the genre/universe.
Punkstar
Profile Joined July 2010
Slovakia522 Posts
September 26 2011 19:42 GMT
#1416
Its funny to see how mech augs are literally everywhere, whereas in Deus ex 1 every1 consider them obsolete and terrible in general
When in doubt, just drone up.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
September 26 2011 19:49 GMT
#1417
You don't want a skull-gun ?
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Firebolt145
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Lalalaland34507 Posts
September 26 2011 21:53 GMT
#1418
I'm just getting into the FEMA facility and I...can't say I'm enjoying this game too much. Maybe it's because I prefer being told a story and I've spent so much time completing relatively plot-less side quests but this game feels waaaay too slow and open ended for me. I know the combat is supposed to be less combative and more of tactical stealthy approaches but jesus I just want to go from point A to point B without having to figure out how to stealthily drop this guard so that other guard doesn't see me...

Maybe I should just go read a book.
Moderator
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
September 26 2011 21:59 GMT
#1419
^
You will love Panchea ( lol ).
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
September 26 2011 22:01 GMT
#1420
On September 27 2011 06:53 Firebolt145 wrote:
I'm just getting into the FEMA facility and I...can't say I'm enjoying this game too much. Maybe it's because I prefer being told a story and I've spent so much time completing relatively plot-less side quests but this game feels waaaay too slow and open ended for me. I know the combat is supposed to be less combative and more of tactical stealthy approaches but jesus I just want to go from point A to point B without having to figure out how to stealthily drop this guard so that other guard doesn't see me...

Maybe I should just go read a book.


Funny to see both ends of spectrum with Jibbas comments about maybe being too smart to appreciate the game and yours about the game not doing enough work for you and that having to figure out things on your own is annoying.

I think the game has found a nice middleground between being too dumbed down or being overly open ended , which is why I liked it so much.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
Prev 1 69 70 71 72 73 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 310
Mind 67
Bale 34
sorry 31
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 693
Other Games
summit1g7496
Coldzera 717
WinterStarcraft639
C9.Mang0303
Sick126
febbydoto11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2150
League of Legends
• Rush1319
Other Games
• Shiphtur607
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 6m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 6m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.