• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:03
CEST 22:03
KST 05:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11222 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 47

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 76 Next
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
August 29 2011 17:33 GMT
#921
On August 29 2011 23:22 Vaelone wrote:
I have couple questions regarding how different choises played out to people.

+ Show Spoiler +
Also theres the sidequest involving Megan's mother, I opted to give her Megans bracelet. If I had kept it, would it have played a role in meeting Megan again? As the game completely forgot about Megans and Adams relationship while being busy saving the world.


You get an achievement if you keep it. I didn't have anything else happen besides that.
exKid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom118 Posts
August 29 2011 19:17 GMT
#922
On August 29 2011 23:49 s3rp wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +
Megan and the Researchers will just fly out in a chopper themselves , Malik died in my game i was just too lazy to try and save her i jus sneaked right past everyone i didn't have any weapon that could've killed that mech at the time either so.




+ Show Spoiler +

Use the exploding barrels or the EMP grenade that are lying around. Like everything else in this game, no planing is needed, any item you might need in a situation is put in your lap *sigh*.

Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
August 29 2011 19:24 GMT
#923
Anyone else having FPS problems? I'm on a laptop but the same laptop can handle SC2 medium/high @ 60fps, SF4AE @ 60fps, Crysis, Oblivion, Black Ops, etc. all at 1440x900 or higher.

In this it's really struggling so far.

Even at 800x480 (lol) with everything off, there's a bit of input lag and frame loss, which is gamebreaking in an FPS game. I know it shouldn't be taxing my system, are there any tweaks or optimizations found yet?
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 19:43:39
August 29 2011 19:40 GMT
#924
On August 30 2011 04:24 Jibba wrote:
Anyone else having FPS problems? I'm on a laptop but the same laptop can handle SC2 medium/high @ 60fps, SF4AE @ 60fps, Crysis, Oblivion, Black Ops, etc. all at 1440x900 or higher.

In this it's really struggling so far.

Even at 800x480 (lol) with everything off, there's a bit of input lag and frame loss, which is gamebreaking in an FPS game. I know it shouldn't be taxing my system, are there any tweaks or optimizations found yet?

Game is poorly optimized.

Athlon II x4 620, 4870 512mb 4GB ram, i have almost everything at the lowest and i still have some lag in the open areas.
Oh and obviously i can't play in 1920 x 1080.

I think you need a 1Gb+ GPU and higher freqs for the cpu, my athlon is probably a bit low with 2.6 Ghz.

Game runs good on the new i-5 Sandy ????
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
August 29 2011 20:46 GMT
#925
On August 30 2011 04:40 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2011 04:24 Jibba wrote:
Anyone else having FPS problems? I'm on a laptop but the same laptop can handle SC2 medium/high @ 60fps, SF4AE @ 60fps, Crysis, Oblivion, Black Ops, etc. all at 1440x900 or higher.

In this it's really struggling so far.

Even at 800x480 (lol) with everything off, there's a bit of input lag and frame loss, which is gamebreaking in an FPS game. I know it shouldn't be taxing my system, are there any tweaks or optimizations found yet?

Game is poorly optimized.

Athlon II x4 620, 4870 512mb 4GB ram, i have almost everything at the lowest and i still have some lag in the open areas.
Oh and obviously i can't play in 1920 x 1080.

I think you need a 1Gb+ GPU and higher freqs for the cpu, my athlon is probably a bit low with 2.6 Ghz.

Game runs good on the new i-5 Sandy ????

I'm on a e8400, 4870 512mb, 4gb ram and I run fine at 1920x1080 on medium/high settings. Some occasional lag but nothing terrible.
Sermokala
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States14211 Posts
August 29 2011 20:49 GMT
#926
I agree this game is poorly optimized. Its giveing my SLI GTX 560 set up a work out and its crashed a couple times. still working out whats best but its really made me
A wise man will say that he knows nothing. We're gona party like its 2752 Hail Dark Brandon
Skilledblob
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3392 Posts
August 29 2011 20:57 GMT
#927
turning off the usual suspects like vsync should help.
hijt
Profile Joined August 2010
106 Posts
August 29 2011 21:01 GMT
#928
+ Show Spoiler +
what the hell you can really save malik? i thought it was intended that she dies :D
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
August 29 2011 21:22 GMT
#929
Personally I could run the game just fine on my GTS250 and AMD Athlon II x2 245 2.91GhZ. All I turned off was Anti-aliasing, not sure if the game disabled something automatically.

On August 30 2011 06:01 hijt wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
what the hell you can really save malik? i thought it was intended that she dies :D


+ Show Spoiler +
I thought so at first as well but I was dedicated to keep her alive, wasn't sure whether it was possible but I wasn't going to let her die! Anyway you just need to take down all enemies really fast or she dies. Managed to do it non-lethally after quite a few failures.
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
August 29 2011 23:28 GMT
#930
On August 30 2011 04:40 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2011 04:24 Jibba wrote:
Anyone else having FPS problems? I'm on a laptop but the same laptop can handle SC2 medium/high @ 60fps, SF4AE @ 60fps, Crysis, Oblivion, Black Ops, etc. all at 1440x900 or higher.

In this it's really struggling so far.

Even at 800x480 (lol) with everything off, there's a bit of input lag and frame loss, which is gamebreaking in an FPS game. I know it shouldn't be taxing my system, are there any tweaks or optimizations found yet?

Game is poorly optimized.

Athlon II x4 620, 4870 512mb 4GB ram, i have almost everything at the lowest and i still have some lag in the open areas.
Oh and obviously i can't play in 1920 x 1080.

I think you need a 1Gb+ GPU and higher freqs for the cpu, my athlon is probably a bit low with 2.6 Ghz.

Game runs good on the new i-5 Sandy ????


athlon 2 x3 455 with same videocard and ram I have no real lag, maybe some jitters after loading a big area, but clears up in less then a second at 1600x1050 with most shit on medium

I dont know what you guys are doing, but same specs and tis working fine for me
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
HoldenR
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands256 Posts
August 30 2011 00:05 GMT
#931
On August 30 2011 04:17 exKid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 23:49 s3rp wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +
Megan and the Researchers will just fly out in a chopper themselves , Malik died in my game i was just too lazy to try and save her i jus sneaked right past everyone i didn't have any weapon that could've killed that mech at the time either so.




+ Show Spoiler +

Use the exploding barrels or the EMP grenade that are lying around. Like everything else in this game, no planing is needed, any item you might need in a situation is put in your lap *sigh*.



Are you seriously complaining the game isn't HARDK0RE enough for you because it doesn't make you plan ahead for an event you have no way of knowing about, with enemies you have no way of knowing about, by reloading five saves back to a hub to buy random items?

+ Show Spoiler +
God I'm sick of you children whining that a game isn't hard enough. I got these same retarded replies elsewhere when I complained about bosses needing you to carry weapons(and a lot of ammo) due to having to be killed despite being on a knockout only run. It isn't "the game making it easy" on you by putting weapons in the first boss' room, it's the game giving you an ability to do something that you have no way of planning for. Shush it.
eburnsdaniel
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom69 Posts
August 30 2011 01:28 GMT
#932
im on core i7 2600k / 5770 @ 1080p with everything maxed and also get occasional lags, momentary stutters, other than that its fine.

Graphics aren't exactly great (athough I notice shiny surfaces and certain textures (on clothes etc) look great) but I think the level design is fantastic.

One of the best games i've played in years...it was like a more refined, more absorbing, more compelling version of Mass Effect 2. I think the stealth stuff probably came about because of optimizing for consoles, which normally does not bode well for pc games, but it worked out .

I'm surprised at people saying it wasnt hard enough, I played on normal difficulty and found it posed quite a challenge, I died hundreds of times, mainly because I was playing straight up - trying to metal gear solid my way around. When I started sarging it however, it became much easier. You can easily camp in certain places and take out entire buildings of enemies. You die very fast in this game, so anything that compromises your position and you'll die. If you want the challenge, play on hard, and complete all the side quests and special achievements

its worth watching the credits to the end also, you get an achievement and little extra.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 01:31:18
August 30 2011 01:30 GMT
#933
On August 30 2011 04:40 Boblion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2011 04:24 Jibba wrote:
Anyone else having FPS problems? I'm on a laptop but the same laptop can handle SC2 medium/high @ 60fps, SF4AE @ 60fps, Crysis, Oblivion, Black Ops, etc. all at 1440x900 or higher.

In this it's really struggling so far.

Even at 800x480 (lol) with everything off, there's a bit of input lag and frame loss, which is gamebreaking in an FPS game. I know it shouldn't be taxing my system, are there any tweaks or optimizations found yet?

Game is poorly optimized.

Athlon II x4 620, 4870 512mb 4GB ram, i have almost everything at the lowest and i still have some lag in the open areas.
Oh and obviously i can't play in 1920 x 1080.

I think you need a 1Gb+ GPU and higher freqs for the cpu, my athlon is probably a bit low with 2.6 Ghz.

Game runs good on the new i-5 Sandy ????

Hm... I set the aspect ratio manually, dropped FoV and it's actually running better now. Right now it's 1440x900, DX11, normal shadows, edge AA, normal SSAO, postprocessing on, trilinear filtering, vsync off, triple buffering on, tesselation on. It's running better now than before at 800x480 with everything off. ;o

The mouse movements still don't feel great. Upping the FPS helped, but I have X and Y sensitivity set differently too.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
August 30 2011 01:32 GMT
#934
On August 30 2011 05:57 Skilledblob wrote:
turning off the usual suspects like vsync should help.


Turning off vysync was pretty much 5-8 more FPS for me. Quite a lot if you're around 20ish. =S

Laptops. <3
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
eburnsdaniel
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom69 Posts
August 30 2011 01:33 GMT
#935
+ Show Spoiler +
god that second boss was a nightmare, I played the game for several hours straight up to that point and hit a snag, I didnt realise you could get the electricity augmentation at the time so it took me ages to kill her.
KezseN
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Singapore1450 Posts
August 30 2011 01:38 GMT
#936
On August 30 2011 10:33 eburnsdaniel wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
god that second boss was a nightmare, I played the game for several hours straight up to that point and hit a snag, I didnt realise you could get the electricity augmentation at the time so it took me ages to kill her.


+ Show Spoiler +
Run and gun is what i did as a last resort,, n it works :D though its kinda funny chasing tht boss down. It almost looks like a merry go round
To Skeleton King: "Have you considered employment at Apple?"
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 01:48:36
August 30 2011 01:48 GMT
#937
On August 30 2011 10:33 eburnsdaniel wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
god that second boss was a nightmare, I played the game for several hours straight up to that point and hit a snag, I didnt realise you could get the electricity augmentation at the time so it took me ages to kill her.



+ Show Spoiler +

Interrupt her charge with a stungun or PEPS and she'll stand there spazzing out instead of hurting you. Change to a weapon and unload on her face, rinse and repeat and she'll soon die.
Ansinjunger
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2451 Posts
August 30 2011 03:42 GMT
#938
On August 30 2011 10:33 eburnsdaniel wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
god that second boss was a nightmare, I played the game for several hours straight up to that point and hit a snag, I didnt realise you could get the electricity augmentation at the time so it took me ages to kill her.


+ Show Spoiler +

She was actually the easiest of the three for me, although not by much. Having help from the other person in the room was really nice. I just jumped a lot to reduce the floor damage somewhat. Evading her with sprint was relatively simple, and just turn and unload on her after the third charge.


By the way, I freaking love Lazarus, the political talk show radio guy. I also adore all of the little details in the game, particularly all the clutter that make it come alive. Maybe it's because I haven't played a First person game like this (not just the DX specific genre, but a game where you're walking around a world looking at beautiful environment) since like, WoW or DX:IW.

Stealth play is a huge adrenaline rush. I almost wish I went gun'n'run the first play through as I'm not sure it will satisfy quite the same. My 2nd play I'm just trying to stealth better ^^
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
August 30 2011 04:09 GMT
#939
Just finished it on hard, great game. Gotta do a speed run now for the other choices/achievements I missed. Anyway, regarding the final encounter;

+ Show Spoiler +
Is there anything significant about the young women strapped into the Hyron? Who are they and what are they doing there. I didnt pay enough attention to figure it out o.o
exKid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom118 Posts
August 30 2011 05:51 GMT
#940
On August 30 2011 09:05 HoldenR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2011 04:17 exKid wrote:
On August 29 2011 23:49 s3rp wrote:

+ Show Spoiler +
Megan and the Researchers will just fly out in a chopper themselves , Malik died in my game i was just too lazy to try and save her i jus sneaked right past everyone i didn't have any weapon that could've killed that mech at the time either so.




+ Show Spoiler +

Use the exploding barrels or the EMP grenade that are lying around. Like everything else in this game, no planing is needed, any item you might need in a situation is put in your lap *sigh*.



Are you seriously complaining the game isn't HARDK0RE enough for you because it doesn't make you plan ahead for an event you have no way of knowing about, with enemies you have no way of knowing about, by reloading five saves back to a hub to buy random items?

+ Show Spoiler +
God I'm sick of you children whining that a game isn't hard enough. I got these same retarded replies elsewhere when I complained about bosses needing you to carry weapons(and a lot of ammo) due to having to be killed despite being on a knockout only run. It isn't "the game making it easy" on you by putting weapons in the first boss' room, it's the game giving you an ability to do something that you have no way of planning for. Shush it.


Yup! That's exactly what I'm complaining about. If you don't keep a few EMP grenades handy and various types of weapons and ammo for possible upcoming situations then quite frankly you deserve to struggle through certain parts of the game.

You see "us children" remember games of a decade or so ago where you weren't mollycoddled by developers and you generally had to use your brain.
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 444
IndyStarCraft 301
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22024
Calm 2233
Shuttle 338
Mini 163
White-Ra 163
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 73
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6136
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1503
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4481
Liquid`Hasu586
Other Games
summit1g6794
Liquid`RaSZi2302
FrodaN1522
fl0m1483
RotterdaM879
olofmeister855
B2W.Neo750
Beastyqt353
crisheroes295
Livibee229
Pyrionflax135
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
angryscii 19
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki46
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1491
• Shiphtur699
• WagamamaTV349
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 57m
Replay Cast
2h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.