• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:20
CEST 21:20
KST 04:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12739 users

Deus Ex 3!? - Page 45

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 76 Next
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-28 16:48:49
August 28 2011 16:24 GMT
#881
On August 29 2011 00:31 Skilledblob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 00:05 Airact wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:02 Chibithor wrote:
Could he have been a heavy? I've experienced this too, only with the heavy guys. I'm guessing the tranquilizer needs bigger doses on bigger guys/doesn't penetrate the heavy armor, so you need multiple shots.

Possibly.
I just find it weird that I shoot a dude to the back of his head from 5-10m range where bullet evelation shouldn't happen when he has no head armor, or headgear in general and nothing happens... not even alertness.

Well... I don't know how powerful Tranquilizer rifles are but I feel it's a bit silly if the dart would fall down when I shoot to 10m.


the heavy soldiers from the guys who wear those face masks dont have helmets but they still got the armor. Same thing with the Harversters, their heavy guys got only a face protection but the back of their head is armored as well.

To kill robots you guys just have to throw one EMP grenade at them that kills every robot instantly.


Just finished the game and when you watch the credits until the end there is a little video sequence. Can anyone tell me what it is about? To me it felt like an homage to Deus Ex 1 but I never played that game


+ Show Spoiler +
If you don't want to read a spoiler of the first game, don't read on.
+ Show Spoiler +
Bob Page was one of the villains from the first game. He was part of the illuminati who would go on to create the Gray Death, a virus that was used to control the population by also controlling it's cure, a vaccine called Ambrosia. According to that cutscene, apparently Dr. Reed became involved in its creation. DUN DUN DUNNNN


As for augs

+ Show Spoiler +

I favoured augs that gave me more options for exploration. Similar to how I tend to play the first game.

Smashing through walls gives you access to new areas and sometimes ammo, upgrades and praxis kits in quite a few places, although beware; if you're playing for Pacifist, if you smash a wall and there's a guy on the other side, you break his neck. Really annoying since there's a wall up the fire escape in the DRB area I can't get through. There's a guy standing on the other side who won't move

Picking up large objects is very handy. Plenty of places you can use that to access new areas.

Inventory space is incredibly nice. Doesn't help you really do anything, but makes life a lot easier if you want to use more than a couple of guns and not have to leave ammo behind. Plus, carry more stuff to vendor! Although, money is easy to accumulate if you're meticulous about exploring and hacking. Not once did I reach a LIMB clinic without the 10k to purchase both Praxis kits.

High-jump was pretty useless as an exploration tool. The one place I remember I literally couldn't reach without it just revealed a vent to an area I already accessed. Silent run/walk was similarly useless since you can just crawl through most areas no problem.

See-through-walls was incredibly useful. I used that a ton of times to plan ahead and avoid things, plus it helps you spot invisible guys. Tracking targets is kind of useless if you have this. The Radar upgrade was also handy, since you didn't need to get a visual to have people show up on it.

Faster sprinting/longer sprinting is more of a luxury. Wasn't anything you couldn't access without it that I could see.

Immunity to EMP and Gas was pretty handy, since some areas are filled with EMP or gas that can block you.

Hacking is absolutely essential for exploration since there's tons of things you can't do without it. Fortify is pretty useless. Mostly you just want the ones that reduce detection, so you can steal half of the grid before the computer wakes up. It's easy street from there. In my new game (hardest difficulty, Pacifist, trying to find all the books, completing some secret achievements I missed etc.) my first Praxis points all went into hacking access and reducing detection and its been going fine.

The double knockout is actually really handy. There are a surprising number of places where you can make use of it.

More batteries were kind of meh, since you have to use those consumables to charge them up, but more recharge speed is very nice.

Naturally you'll want reduced recoil and reticle bloom if you like to run and gun.

I didn't even get Cloak until the very end, but it would definitely be useful for a Pacifist later.

Icarus Parachute is good for those stupid slip-up moments and to get from point A to point B quickly. Plus, I think the ground slam knocks guys out and doesn't cost a charge.

Social enhancer is nothing you can't accomplish without a reload if you're determined to win the arguments, plus it takes all the fun out of figuring out what the person wants to hear.

Finally, Typhoon seems like suicide, but would be fun to combine with Cloak.
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-28 16:44:42
August 28 2011 16:44 GMT
#882
On August 29 2011 01:24 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 00:31 Skilledblob wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:05 Airact wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:02 Chibithor wrote:
Could he have been a heavy? I've experienced this too, only with the heavy guys. I'm guessing the tranquilizer needs bigger doses on bigger guys/doesn't penetrate the heavy armor, so you need multiple shots.

Possibly.
I just find it weird that I shoot a dude to the back of his head from 5-10m range where bullet evelation shouldn't happen when he has no head armor, or headgear in general and nothing happens... not even alertness.

Well... I don't know how powerful Tranquilizer rifles are but I feel it's a bit silly if the dart would fall down when I shoot to 10m.


the heavy soldiers from the guys who wear those face masks dont have helmets but they still got the armor. Same thing with the Harversters, their heavy guys got only a face protection but the back of their head is armored as well.

To kill robots you guys just have to throw one EMP grenade at them that kills every robot instantly.


Just finished the game and when you watch the credits until the end there is a little video sequence. Can anyone tell me what it is about? To me it felt like an homage to Deus Ex 1 but I never played that game


+ Show Spoiler +
If you don't want to read a spoiler of the first game, don't read on.
+ Show Spoiler +
Bob Page was one of the villains from the first game. He was part of the illuminati who would go on to create the Gray Death, a virus that was used to control the population by also controlling it's cure, a vaccine called Ambrosia. According to that cutscene, apparently Dr. Reed became involved in its creation. DUN DUN DUNNNN


+ Show Spoiler +
He's also talking to Morgan Everett (another villian) about searching panchea for things they can use for morpheus, which turns into the Daedalus ai in the original
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
August 28 2011 17:32 GMT
#883
Finished the game just a moment ago, for some reason it didn't credit me Pacifist, even though I never used lethal weapon and always checked that target wouldn't drop or fall over into water/waste or whatever. + Show Spoiler +
I beat bosses with mines only aside from last one where I had to shoot the mines chucked on her with trang dart to activate. Seriously I pretty much used every template I found and looted all the mines in path ways :D


Planned on starting another kind of playthrough to go through more dialogue options and alternate approaches, but for some reason my graphics card started to drop a black screen on me, yet I can sitll open the menu window that asks for quit.
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
August 28 2011 17:36 GMT
#884
I feel like the strategy you should take with the power recycler aug is to either pick more batteries or faster recharge and stick with it, not some of both. The first battery will always recharge so you want that to be fast, or you can just have more so that you don't need to have fast charge. The more batteries option means you need consumables but it also gives you more freedom. I dunno.
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
August 28 2011 17:43 GMT
#885
Saving + Show Spoiler +
Malik after being shot down
using non-lethal means was pretty intense.

I'm at the point now where I have to + Show Spoiler +
save the chinese dudes son on my second visit to shangai and still haven't killed anyone par tutorial and bosses, kind a regret not attempting to do tutorial without killing anyone but then again I had no idea it was doable back then. Game was essentially telling you to kill them by handing you a lethal weapon etc.

Also seem to have missed a few sidequests...
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
August 28 2011 18:08 GMT
#886
On August 29 2011 01:24 Bibdy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 00:31 Skilledblob wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:05 Airact wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:02 Chibithor wrote:
Could he have been a heavy? I've experienced this too, only with the heavy guys. I'm guessing the tranquilizer needs bigger doses on bigger guys/doesn't penetrate the heavy armor, so you need multiple shots.

Possibly.
I just find it weird that I shoot a dude to the back of his head from 5-10m range where bullet evelation shouldn't happen when he has no head armor, or headgear in general and nothing happens... not even alertness.

Well... I don't know how powerful Tranquilizer rifles are but I feel it's a bit silly if the dart would fall down when I shoot to 10m.


the heavy soldiers from the guys who wear those face masks dont have helmets but they still got the armor. Same thing with the Harversters, their heavy guys got only a face protection but the back of their head is armored as well.

To kill robots you guys just have to throw one EMP grenade at them that kills every robot instantly.


Just finished the game and when you watch the credits until the end there is a little video sequence. Can anyone tell me what it is about? To me it felt like an homage to Deus Ex 1 but I never played that game


+ Show Spoiler +
If you don't want to read a spoiler of the first game, don't read on.
+ Show Spoiler +
Bob Page was one of the villains from the first game. He was part of the illuminati who would go on to create the Gray Death, a virus that was used to control the population by also controlling it's cure, a vaccine called Ambrosia. According to that cutscene, apparently Dr. Reed became involved in its creation. DUN DUN DUNNNN


As for augs

+ Show Spoiler +

I favoured augs that gave me more options for exploration. Similar to how I tend to play the first game.

Smashing through walls gives you access to new areas and sometimes ammo, upgrades and praxis kits in quite a few places, although beware; if you're playing for Pacifist, if you smash a wall and there's a guy on the other side, you break his neck. Really annoying since there's a wall up the fire escape in the DRB area I can't get through. There's a guy standing on the other side who won't move

Picking up large objects is very handy. Plenty of places you can use that to access new areas.

Inventory space is incredibly nice. Doesn't help you really do anything, but makes life a lot easier if you want to use more than a couple of guns and not have to leave ammo behind. Plus, carry more stuff to vendor! Although, money is easy to accumulate if you're meticulous about exploring and hacking. Not once did I reach a LIMB clinic without the 10k to purchase both Praxis kits.

High-jump was pretty useless as an exploration tool. The one place I remember I literally couldn't reach without it just revealed a vent to an area I already accessed. Silent run/walk was similarly useless since you can just crawl through most areas no problem.

See-through-walls was incredibly useful. I used that a ton of times to plan ahead and avoid things, plus it helps you spot invisible guys. Tracking targets is kind of useless if you have this. The Radar upgrade was also handy, since you didn't need to get a visual to have people show up on it.

Faster sprinting/longer sprinting is more of a luxury. Wasn't anything you couldn't access without it that I could see.

Immunity to EMP and Gas was pretty handy, since some areas are filled with EMP or gas that can block you.

Hacking is absolutely essential for exploration since there's tons of things you can't do without it. Fortify is pretty useless. Mostly you just want the ones that reduce detection, so you can steal half of the grid before the computer wakes up. It's easy street from there. In my new game (hardest difficulty, Pacifist, trying to find all the books, completing some secret achievements I missed etc.) my first Praxis points all went into hacking access and reducing detection and its been going fine.

The double knockout is actually really handy. There are a surprising number of places where you can make use of it.

More batteries were kind of meh, since you have to use those consumables to charge them up, but more recharge speed is very nice.

Naturally you'll want reduced recoil and reticle bloom if you like to run and gun.

I didn't even get Cloak until the very end, but it would definitely be useful for a Pacifist later.

Icarus Parachute is good for those stupid slip-up moments and to get from point A to point B quickly. Plus, I think the ground slam knocks guys out and doesn't cost a charge.

Social enhancer is nothing you can't accomplish without a reload if you're determined to win the arguments, plus it takes all the fun out of figuring out what the person wants to hear.

Finally, Typhoon seems like suicide, but would be fun to combine with Cloak.

Typhoon is the best. Dont need nades to kill robots + Show Spoiler +
However it doesn't work on the robots in the hanger when you're getting out of the tower building in china i sprinted up to one and used it, and its like LAWL and pwnt me spent the next 20 minutes searching around till i finally found the one emp grenade in the room and had to coax both of them together to kill them. pretty stressful D:


I have so much fun with typhoon tho. You shoot a bit, they come around the corner slowly. typhoon into GG. Only problem is you have the judge the range right. because you step out of cover to do it, if you dont get all the bad guys you can die pretty fast once it goes back into first person mode.

my biggest gripe with the game atm is theres no quick save button. everytime i'm doing something risky i have to go into the menu and save, a real pain
Writer
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
August 28 2011 18:28 GMT
#887
On August 29 2011 03:08 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 01:24 Bibdy wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:31 Skilledblob wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:05 Airact wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:02 Chibithor wrote:
Could he have been a heavy? I've experienced this too, only with the heavy guys. I'm guessing the tranquilizer needs bigger doses on bigger guys/doesn't penetrate the heavy armor, so you need multiple shots.

Possibly.
I just find it weird that I shoot a dude to the back of his head from 5-10m range where bullet evelation shouldn't happen when he has no head armor, or headgear in general and nothing happens... not even alertness.

Well... I don't know how powerful Tranquilizer rifles are but I feel it's a bit silly if the dart would fall down when I shoot to 10m.


the heavy soldiers from the guys who wear those face masks dont have helmets but they still got the armor. Same thing with the Harversters, their heavy guys got only a face protection but the back of their head is armored as well.

To kill robots you guys just have to throw one EMP grenade at them that kills every robot instantly.


Just finished the game and when you watch the credits until the end there is a little video sequence. Can anyone tell me what it is about? To me it felt like an homage to Deus Ex 1 but I never played that game


+ Show Spoiler +
If you don't want to read a spoiler of the first game, don't read on.
+ Show Spoiler +
Bob Page was one of the villains from the first game. He was part of the illuminati who would go on to create the Gray Death, a virus that was used to control the population by also controlling it's cure, a vaccine called Ambrosia. According to that cutscene, apparently Dr. Reed became involved in its creation. DUN DUN DUNNNN


As for augs

+ Show Spoiler +

I favoured augs that gave me more options for exploration. Similar to how I tend to play the first game.

Smashing through walls gives you access to new areas and sometimes ammo, upgrades and praxis kits in quite a few places, although beware; if you're playing for Pacifist, if you smash a wall and there's a guy on the other side, you break his neck. Really annoying since there's a wall up the fire escape in the DRB area I can't get through. There's a guy standing on the other side who won't move

Picking up large objects is very handy. Plenty of places you can use that to access new areas.

Inventory space is incredibly nice. Doesn't help you really do anything, but makes life a lot easier if you want to use more than a couple of guns and not have to leave ammo behind. Plus, carry more stuff to vendor! Although, money is easy to accumulate if you're meticulous about exploring and hacking. Not once did I reach a LIMB clinic without the 10k to purchase both Praxis kits.

High-jump was pretty useless as an exploration tool. The one place I remember I literally couldn't reach without it just revealed a vent to an area I already accessed. Silent run/walk was similarly useless since you can just crawl through most areas no problem.

See-through-walls was incredibly useful. I used that a ton of times to plan ahead and avoid things, plus it helps you spot invisible guys. Tracking targets is kind of useless if you have this. The Radar upgrade was also handy, since you didn't need to get a visual to have people show up on it.

Faster sprinting/longer sprinting is more of a luxury. Wasn't anything you couldn't access without it that I could see.

Immunity to EMP and Gas was pretty handy, since some areas are filled with EMP or gas that can block you.

Hacking is absolutely essential for exploration since there's tons of things you can't do without it. Fortify is pretty useless. Mostly you just want the ones that reduce detection, so you can steal half of the grid before the computer wakes up. It's easy street from there. In my new game (hardest difficulty, Pacifist, trying to find all the books, completing some secret achievements I missed etc.) my first Praxis points all went into hacking access and reducing detection and its been going fine.

The double knockout is actually really handy. There are a surprising number of places where you can make use of it.

More batteries were kind of meh, since you have to use those consumables to charge them up, but more recharge speed is very nice.

Naturally you'll want reduced recoil and reticle bloom if you like to run and gun.

I didn't even get Cloak until the very end, but it would definitely be useful for a Pacifist later.

Icarus Parachute is good for those stupid slip-up moments and to get from point A to point B quickly. Plus, I think the ground slam knocks guys out and doesn't cost a charge.

Social enhancer is nothing you can't accomplish without a reload if you're determined to win the arguments, plus it takes all the fun out of figuring out what the person wants to hear.

Finally, Typhoon seems like suicide, but would be fun to combine with Cloak.

Typhoon is the best. Dont need nades to kill robots + Show Spoiler +
However it doesn't work on the robots in the hanger when you're getting out of the tower building in china i sprinted up to one and used it, and its like LAWL and pwnt me spent the next 20 minutes searching around till i finally found the one emp grenade in the room and had to coax both of them together to kill them. pretty stressful D:


I have so much fun with typhoon tho. You shoot a bit, they come around the corner slowly. typhoon into GG. Only problem is you have the judge the range right. because you step out of cover to do it, if you dont get all the bad guys you can die pretty fast once it goes back into first person mode.

my biggest gripe with the game atm is theres no quick save button. everytime i'm doing something risky i have to go into the menu and save, a real pain

isn't there a rocket launcher right on some crates in the hanger in china?

and yeah autosave would be nice :S
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
August 28 2011 18:40 GMT
#888
I just bought it, going to take about 5 hours to download, probably more since I'm watching MLG and my UK internet is in the stoneage,oh well
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
August 28 2011 18:44 GMT
#889
Just press F5
Chibithor
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil514 Posts
August 28 2011 18:44 GMT
#890
On August 29 2011 03:08 Kiante wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 01:24 Bibdy wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:31 Skilledblob wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:05 Airact wrote:
On August 29 2011 00:02 Chibithor wrote:
Could he have been a heavy? I've experienced this too, only with the heavy guys. I'm guessing the tranquilizer needs bigger doses on bigger guys/doesn't penetrate the heavy armor, so you need multiple shots.

Possibly.
I just find it weird that I shoot a dude to the back of his head from 5-10m range where bullet evelation shouldn't happen when he has no head armor, or headgear in general and nothing happens... not even alertness.

Well... I don't know how powerful Tranquilizer rifles are but I feel it's a bit silly if the dart would fall down when I shoot to 10m.


the heavy soldiers from the guys who wear those face masks dont have helmets but they still got the armor. Same thing with the Harversters, their heavy guys got only a face protection but the back of their head is armored as well.

To kill robots you guys just have to throw one EMP grenade at them that kills every robot instantly.


Just finished the game and when you watch the credits until the end there is a little video sequence. Can anyone tell me what it is about? To me it felt like an homage to Deus Ex 1 but I never played that game


+ Show Spoiler +
If you don't want to read a spoiler of the first game, don't read on.
+ Show Spoiler +
Bob Page was one of the villains from the first game. He was part of the illuminati who would go on to create the Gray Death, a virus that was used to control the population by also controlling it's cure, a vaccine called Ambrosia. According to that cutscene, apparently Dr. Reed became involved in its creation. DUN DUN DUNNNN


As for augs

+ Show Spoiler +

I favoured augs that gave me more options for exploration. Similar to how I tend to play the first game.

Smashing through walls gives you access to new areas and sometimes ammo, upgrades and praxis kits in quite a few places, although beware; if you're playing for Pacifist, if you smash a wall and there's a guy on the other side, you break his neck. Really annoying since there's a wall up the fire escape in the DRB area I can't get through. There's a guy standing on the other side who won't move

Picking up large objects is very handy. Plenty of places you can use that to access new areas.

Inventory space is incredibly nice. Doesn't help you really do anything, but makes life a lot easier if you want to use more than a couple of guns and not have to leave ammo behind. Plus, carry more stuff to vendor! Although, money is easy to accumulate if you're meticulous about exploring and hacking. Not once did I reach a LIMB clinic without the 10k to purchase both Praxis kits.

High-jump was pretty useless as an exploration tool. The one place I remember I literally couldn't reach without it just revealed a vent to an area I already accessed. Silent run/walk was similarly useless since you can just crawl through most areas no problem.

See-through-walls was incredibly useful. I used that a ton of times to plan ahead and avoid things, plus it helps you spot invisible guys. Tracking targets is kind of useless if you have this. The Radar upgrade was also handy, since you didn't need to get a visual to have people show up on it.

Faster sprinting/longer sprinting is more of a luxury. Wasn't anything you couldn't access without it that I could see.

Immunity to EMP and Gas was pretty handy, since some areas are filled with EMP or gas that can block you.

Hacking is absolutely essential for exploration since there's tons of things you can't do without it. Fortify is pretty useless. Mostly you just want the ones that reduce detection, so you can steal half of the grid before the computer wakes up. It's easy street from there. In my new game (hardest difficulty, Pacifist, trying to find all the books, completing some secret achievements I missed etc.) my first Praxis points all went into hacking access and reducing detection and its been going fine.

The double knockout is actually really handy. There are a surprising number of places where you can make use of it.

More batteries were kind of meh, since you have to use those consumables to charge them up, but more recharge speed is very nice.

Naturally you'll want reduced recoil and reticle bloom if you like to run and gun.

I didn't even get Cloak until the very end, but it would definitely be useful for a Pacifist later.

Icarus Parachute is good for those stupid slip-up moments and to get from point A to point B quickly. Plus, I think the ground slam knocks guys out and doesn't cost a charge.

Social enhancer is nothing you can't accomplish without a reload if you're determined to win the arguments, plus it takes all the fun out of figuring out what the person wants to hear.

Finally, Typhoon seems like suicide, but would be fun to combine with Cloak.

Typhoon is the best. Dont need nades to kill robots + Show Spoiler +
However it doesn't work on the robots in the hanger when you're getting out of the tower building in china i sprinted up to one and used it, and its like LAWL and pwnt me spent the next 20 minutes searching around till i finally found the one emp grenade in the room and had to coax both of them together to kill them. pretty stressful D:


I have so much fun with typhoon tho. You shoot a bit, they come around the corner slowly. typhoon into GG. Only problem is you have the judge the range right. because you step out of cover to do it, if you dont get all the bad guys you can die pretty fast once it goes back into first person mode.

my biggest gripe with the game atm is theres no quick save button. everytime i'm doing something risky i have to go into the menu and save, a real pain

If you're playing on PC, F5 is quicksave, F8 is quickload.
NeonFlare
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Finland1307 Posts
August 28 2011 18:46 GMT
#891
+ Show Spoiler +
You can also get to the computer above the robots and disable them by hacking, the room also has rocket launcher and some other weapons all around


I love the amount of options you have, just started a new playthrough and decided to pick other dialogue options and generally go with other solutions. Early on it's pretty boring to try and fight the enemies with the low ammunition, so I'm still going semi-stealthy and actually using the takedown. I barely used it instead of stungun in my first run.

Already founded few new routes in places I didn't seemingly check well enough last time.
Hakker
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1360 Posts
August 28 2011 19:01 GMT
#892
Can anyone tell me what upgrade im missing? Im trying to get the 'Fully upgrade a weapon' achievement for my tranq gun, so far i have the reload speed and the tracking one but cant find another that fits.
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
August 28 2011 19:09 GMT
#893
On August 29 2011 04:01 Hakker wrote:
Can anyone tell me what upgrade im missing? Im trying to get the 'Fully upgrade a weapon' achievement for my tranq gun, so far i have the reload speed and the tracking one but cant find another that fits.

damage, probably? or laser? ammo capacity probably doesn't apply to that one
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
August 28 2011 19:19 GMT
#894
On August 29 2011 03:46 NeonFlare wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
You can also get to the computer above the robots and disable them by hacking, the room also has rocket launcher and some other weapons all around


I love the amount of options you have, just started a new playthrough and decided to pick other dialogue options and generally go with other solutions. Early on it's pretty boring to try and fight the enemies with the low ammunition, so I'm still going semi-stealthy and actually using the takedown. I barely used it instead of stungun in my first run.

Already founded few new routes in places I didn't seemingly check well enough last time.

+ Show Spoiler +
LOL i totally didn't see the rocket launcher or anything all i could find was an emp grenade in a drawer. As for hacking, i didn't have the robot hacking. when i hacked it and i was like OH I CAN JUST DISABLE I HAVE A FREE PRAXIS. but it turns out you need to buy turret disable before robot disable so yeah lol.


You're right though, the amount of alternate solutions makes this game so cool. My favourite thing to do at the moment is to shoot some dudes, run through a vent and get behing them and rock them with the heavy machine gun ^_^
Writer
exKid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom118 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-28 19:27:28
August 28 2011 19:25 GMT
#895
On August 28 2011 22:36 Hakker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2011 13:45 exKid wrote:
Blargh, just finished. Overall good game, especially compared to the shit coming out atm, but not happy about many things throughout really.


Either way, question about stuff not explained:
+ Show Spoiler +

Why is Adam's DNA special? VersaLife experimented on him/his parents and then they set the place on fire. I got that much. But what kind of experiments? how? why?... I'm pretty sure i didn't miss anything major, but this, along with Reeds true allegiances, seem to be just brushed over. (Like much of the game really)


+ Show Spoiler +
Adams dna is important because it doesnt reject aug's, and Megan is using his DNA to develop the nanite-level augments that we saw in the first game. At the end of the game its pretty obvious what happened to Megan, she joins Bob Page (villian from the first game) to develop the Gray Death.


Yeah sorry I didn't make that very clear. I got the obvious reason WHY it was special, I meant to ask HOW it got that way + Show Spoiler +
from VL. Also, after further deliberation and re-doing the intro part, it's pretty obvious Megan didn't join at the end, she was always in on everything.


I can't believe people have ammo problems. All I can say is, your doing it wrong. Dart gun 1 shot kill, stun gun 1 shot kill, infinite take downs for free. Hell, even most weapons are 1 shot kills in the face for most of the game. I was rather annoyed at the over saturation of guns and ammo through out the whole game, but especially in the case of the stupid hand holding before and during boss fights.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
August 28 2011 19:27 GMT
#896
real men dont use tranqs.
or aim.
Writer
viletomato
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada277 Posts
August 28 2011 20:07 GMT
#897
I LOVE the heavy rifle, the way it spins + powerup sound makes me feel so powerful. The recoil aug does wonders for that gun.
Tomatoes, the king of fruits
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
August 28 2011 20:24 GMT
#898
haha yeah. i was walking down the street in china and saw a bunch of the police dudes cordoning off an intersection for no obvious reason (i tried talking to everyone there to see if there was a sidequest) so i just whipped it out and sprayed them down.

then spent the next 5 minutes killing the police who came as backup lawl
Writer
exKid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom118 Posts
August 28 2011 21:56 GMT
#899
Oh, ANOTHER question to anyone who went mainly lethal about the ending:
+ Show Spoiler +

I was non-lethal for the most part and in every ending Adam says a line about "more often than not i refused temptation to kill" or "i fought the temptation to abuse my power". Does he still say this if you killed pretty much everyone? or does the script change?

Thanks
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
August 28 2011 22:30 GMT
#900
On August 29 2011 06:56 exKid wrote:
Oh, ANOTHER question to anyone who went mainly lethal about the ending:
+ Show Spoiler +

I was non-lethal for the most part and in every ending Adam says a line about "more often than not i refused temptation to kill" or "i fought the temptation to abuse my power". Does he still say this if you killed pretty much everyone? or does the script change?

Thanks


Same thing I got, but I was lethal almost all the way. Always killed with takedowns, only rarely used the stun gun. I never killed innocents or random civilians for no reason or anything, though.
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1244
TKL 438
IndyStarCraft 269
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1244
ByuN 480
TKL 438
IndyStarCraft 269
Reynor 262
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24918
Calm 2405
Shuttle 373
Mini 170
White-Ra 133
firebathero 87
ZZZero.O 76
scan(afreeca) 23
soO 13
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc11115
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1230
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3865
Liquid`Hasu530
MindelVK8
Other Games
summit1g4568
Liquid`RaSZi2217
fl0m1783
FrodaN1293
B2W.Neo723
olofmeister697
Khaldor481
Beastyqt366
Livibee187
crisheroes162
Mew2King68
ToD55
Pyrionflax30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
BasetradeTV223
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 32
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach36
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• 80smullet 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1233
• Shiphtur662
• WagamamaTV469
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 41m
Replay Cast
3h 41m
OSC
16h 41m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.