• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:20
CEST 11:20
KST 18:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9069 users

Fire Emblem - Page 17

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 171 Next
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 04:11:40
March 05 2016 04:11 GMT
#321
After all these playthroughs, I just finally noticed that you can change who your dual attack partner is with the R button.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
March 05 2016 04:17 GMT
#322
Yeah it's a nice feature but the later into runs I get the less I use dual attacks at all. Defense seems paramount when taking on equal level units with the extra stats/full damage block.
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
March 05 2016 04:28 GMT
#323
I've been using dual attack more the later into the run I get, because the game throws more situations where you just need to break through with all out offense. Low accuracy on some enemies also gives you an incentive to hedge your bets with as many hits as possible. It's still a lot less useful than dual guard.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
March 05 2016 05:16 GMT
#324
Yeah its still tough either way. Right now I have my core team with pair ups so most of my paired units aren't that strong to be on their own.

Conquest Endgame is beating me up some atm.+ Show Spoiler +
I get to Turn 6 then am entirely surrounded by all the reinforcements. I am about halfway through the map at this point clearly out all the normal units that were already there but dislike losing units even if its endgame. My main frontline units are Xander, Effie, and the Avatar but they can't be every where at once.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 05:26:47
March 05 2016 05:25 GMT
#325
If it's Endgame, you can rescue-cheese it. Both endgames are designed in a way that encourages 1-2 turn cheesing the map, which is kind of disappointing.

Conquest Endgame on hard's fine, it's just Lunatic goes way overboard with the bullshit staff users.
Moderator
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
March 05 2016 05:40 GMT
#326
Balancing your team is probably the hardest part of Conquest. This is the first time that Lunatic has felt easier than Hard, just because knowing ahead of time what you need on your team is where most of the difficulty lies. Being prepared on Lunatic is significantly easier than finding out you're screwed on Hard. Of course, being screwed in Lunatic means you're screwed beyond belief.

+ Show Spoiler +
Not sure if there's a good way to beat it short of just rushing it as fast as possible. Slow pushing means you'll eventually get screwed over by Takumi's attack and reinforcements simultaneously. If you've been saving up arms scrolls, this is a good chance to use them for the S rank weapons if you have the right classes. I like the tome because it doesn't have a drawback on enemies that aren't counter-attacking. If you managed to save your stronger staves, this is definitely the chapter to use them all.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 05:53:08
March 05 2016 05:49 GMT
#327
Conquest does give you a decent number of very good prepromotes that can pretty much always fit into your team right away. Shura in particular functions well in pretty much all of his reclass options, so he's especially good for patching up deficiencies in your team at the halfway point.

Of course, this won't help the kind of player who neglects prepromotes.
Moderator
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 06:31:19
March 05 2016 06:31 GMT
#328
By the time you realize you need Shura's skill set, it can be too late though. If you had him benched because you were doing okay without him, you eventually realize you still want pass or kunai breaker when you hit chapter 25.

The game gives you plenty of resources, but you need to know ahead of time to leverage it correctly. Going into the game naively can set you up for some rough time where you only have like 3 or 4 units that are able to really contribute and are actually punished for it. I think overall this is a good thing, because it adds a lot of depth compared to previous games where everyone eventually turns out about the same in the end.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 07:07:32
March 05 2016 07:02 GMT
#329
On March 05 2016 14:49 TheYango wrote:
Conquest does give you a decent number of very good prepromotes that can pretty much always fit into your team right away. Shura in particular functions well in pretty much all of his reclass options, so he's especially good for patching up deficiencies in your team at the halfway point.

Of course, this won't help the kind of player who neglects prepromotes.


Guilty as charged!

Also when you guys are talking about balanced teams, do you mean having teams where everyone can do their share, or do you mean having a team that has a good variety of classes?

I guess what I'm asking if I'll get boned for having like two armor knights and only one horse rider, but have two fliers. Because that would be less than pleasant (if I got boned for my class composition).

I'm really expecting Hard Mode Conquest to bone me due to lack of planning or knowing what's ahead. I think the units I'm using are pretty good though so I don't know what'll happen.

EDIT: If I can beat hard mode without restarting my run I'm going to attribute my success to you guys in this thread. Seriously you've been very helpful!
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 08:09:31
March 05 2016 08:07 GMT
#330
On March 05 2016 15:31 chocorush wrote:
By the time you realize you need Shura's skill set, it can be too late though. If you had him benched because you were doing okay without him, you eventually realize you still want pass or kunai breaker when you hit chapter 25.

Right, I sort of meant in the context of someone who already was using Shura from the get-go--he can play the role of a switch-hitter where if you need him to be a zerker, a staffbot, or a Bow Knight depending on what you need so long as you're raising him (E-rank Axes is a problem if you don't Arms Scroll him, but the Ninja hell chapter that follows his recruitment is actually ok for training his Axe rank).

I don't think the possibility of someone just using him is really outrageous since a lot of experienced FE players do know the value of prepromotes. Especially given how good his bases are, I think he'd be pretty appealing to use for a blind-playthrough player.

On March 05 2016 16:02 Frudgey wrote:
I guess what I'm asking if I'll get boned for having like two armor knights and only one horse rider, but have two fliers. Because that would be less than pleasant (if I got boned for my class composition).

I hope that 2nd armor knight is your avatar and not Benny, lol.
Moderator
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 08:11:40
March 05 2016 08:08 GMT
#331
Mainly want to just make sure you have good offense throughout the game, to handle the common and particularly tricky situations that you will face. Not so much variety is needed, as much as enough of certain resources to manage.

Conquest throws a lot of situations where brute force is necessary and you'll need at least one way to just quickly clear everything. A good example is large waves of units with snake venom and/or lunge, where even Xander or Effie will quickly die if you weren't able to kill them in one round. There are several ways to approach this, but you need to have some sort of overall plan for your team. One approach for example is to just have a character fast and strong enough to tank and kill everything Enemy Phase and not take poison. Another way would be to have high mobility and enough power to clear everything Player Phase. Regardless, you're going to want to develop some strategy in team building to take these hordes on.

As a personal playstyle, mounted units are very important, as the mobility helps you clear areas more effectively, and flying units are even better. The one thing to note is that there is a chapter where every unit has effective damage on beasts, and will be a complete bitch if you don't have either solid foot units or a bunch of flying units. Of the normally obtained flying units though, Belka and Luna are pretty weak, so the rest of the team has to pick up the slack.

You want at least one good user of the magic axes/swords so you can double attack at 1-2 range. Normal mages are too frail to do serious tanking, and there are enough situations where your team is split so only one Xander isn't enough. Camila is good if you didn't class change to dragon master, but Avatar is the other good easy option if you use +mag. Otherwise, plan on feeding all your spirit dusts to someone for this purpose, and possibly save enough gold to buy two of the bolts axes for forging.

Also, having at least one unit with Kunai breaker is very helpful for a specific late game chapter. Niles is such a good unit though that you should probably not ignore him regardless.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 08:32:06
March 05 2016 08:11 GMT
#332
Ch. 19 is a stupid chapter, but it's also the payoff for raising Percy and why I advocate changing Camilla to Wyvern Lord. Having D rank lances to use the Beast Killer on your two Wyverns makes this chapter much less of a pain. She can change back to Malig Knight lategame, but I still usually like to have her on Wyvern long enough to do this.

Also, the biggest problem for a slow unmounted team in lategame Conquest is the status staff users, which pretty much demand fast player-phase offense to handle. Entrap/Enfeeble make turtley EP-focused strategies very hard.

Leo's pretty much made to fill that bulky mage role, but takes investment to get there. Felicia S-rank and the Horse God from Ophelia's paralogue go a long way to getting there (giving him +8 Spd combined), though he needs some luck from his 50% Spd growth too.

Note that Leo, like Camilla, is treated as an early promote for the purposes of XP gains--Camilla gains XP as a level 16 unit at level --/1, while Leo gains XP as a level 20 unit at level --/2. If you're using him, he can be raised a little ahead of your normal units' levels just like Camilla.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 08:34:42
March 05 2016 08:31 GMT
#333
On March 05 2016 17:07 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2016 16:02 Frudgey wrote:
I guess what I'm asking if I'll get boned for having like two armor knights and only one horse rider, but have two fliers. Because that would be less than pleasant (if I got boned for my class composition).

I hope that 2nd armor knight is your avatar and not Benny, lol.

It's actually Ignatius, although I did consider using Benny. I'm using Ignatius because he has aptitude, so I'm curious if he's going to be able to surpass EFFIE!

I also forgot about my avatar being able to reclass into an armor knight. This is going to be a dream come true being able to use three armored units!

I also know what you mean about the Entrap/Enfeeble thing. I had my first experience with that on chapter 14 and I can see how that'd cause problems for low mobility units.

I'm also not using Niles at all so I feel like I'm going to be in for a good time later.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 08:41:40
March 05 2016 08:36 GMT
#334
It's not as bad on Hard as it is on Lunatic, and if you didn't raise Niles, this is something you can use Shura as a switch-hitter for, as I mentioned. Niles IS better due to having support growth with people other than the avatar, but Shura is acceptable for this role. Just reclass him to Bow Knight and start using him with the rest of your team.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
March 05 2016 08:41 GMT
#335
I think my biggest concern is that the game will punish me for not using specific characters.

I'm hoping that on hard mode you can use whoever you want, as long as you put some thought into it. Lunatic I understand that you really need to use specific characters. Hard mode I'm hoping that my team is going to be fine as long as I do my moves carefully as the game progresses.

I'm okay with having an easier time if I do use X characters, but I don't think that you must use X characters to win the game. (At least on hard mode) To me, that feels like deceptive and cheap game design, but I'm fully willing to admit that I'm biased on this one so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
March 05 2016 08:42 GMT
#336
You can use whoever you want and still beat the game so long as you don't break your 3DS in rage at the Ninja Hell chapters before you get there.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
March 05 2016 08:49 GMT
#337
On March 05 2016 17:42 TheYango wrote:
You can use whoever you want and still beat the game so long as you don't break your 3DS in rage at the Ninja Hell chapters before you get there.

Well I look forward to posting my solutions to those Ninja levels.

I'm going to bet it's going to be much different than what you guys did though.

Given how I didn't know how the DV could break the pots in chapter 12, I think that's a fair assessment
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
BlackMagister
Profile Joined October 2008
United States5834 Posts
March 05 2016 14:33 GMT
#338
Goddamn it's always some new item or ability that I don't read that screws me over. Ch 14 clear map except for boss+minions. Move my guys closer but out of range of attacks, but not out of range of staff have Camilla get warped near boss + archer think "fuck Camila is going to die gonna have to reset" nope Camilla will get two attacks on boss it will fill her guard gauge. So Camilla will survive great, but she crits boss killing him and ending mission making me miss a chest. I'm sure like people are saying staff bullshit increases, but at least there is no berserk staff in this game.
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
March 05 2016 15:27 GMT
#339
On March 05 2016 17:11 TheYango wrote:
Leo's pretty much made to fill that bulky mage role, but takes investment to get there. Felicia S-rank and the Horse God from Ophelia's paralogue go a long way to getting there (giving him +8 Spd combined), though he needs some luck from his 50% Spd growth too.

Note that Leo, like Camilla, is treated as an early promote for the purposes of XP gains--Camilla gains XP as a level 16 unit at level --/1, while Leo gains XP as a level 20 unit at level --/2. If you're using him, he can be raised a little ahead of your normal units' levels just like Camilla.


My Leo is eternally speed and skill screwed, and he unfortunately needs quite a bit of speed just to get on par, let alone double. It's just sad sticking him next to a unit and seeing 80% hit and getting doubled back @_@. You do get enough money to chug speed tonics at least. Camila is just a lot easier to work around and I like using her more. She can kill almost any thing in one round the chapter you can buy a bolt axe and it stays like that for the rest of the game.

Maybe one day I'll work on getting ophelia. Odin's bases are like Mozume bad except he starts with a tome, and I've ditched him for Nyx every time so far as she just has better bases to nuke things by the time she's available.
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-05 16:10:24
March 05 2016 16:09 GMT
#340
I have a problem with the moment you have to choose your path

+ Show Spoiler +
Im not sure how anyone can choose going back to Nohr (obviously, from a story point of view, not gameplay) instead of staying with Hoshido, like you must be mad to do it considering what you know so far... i mean you cant seriously trust in a king with that kind of looks and that just made yourself a walking trap, its almost impossible


Otherwise the game is great so far, you guys are right that birthright its like Awakening but much much better.
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 762
Soulkey 313
Larva 261
Soma 186
Zeus 181
Mini 133
Horang2 92
Mind 71
ZerO 65
Sexy 65
[ Show more ]
scan(afreeca) 26
soO 25
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
zelot 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe149
League of Legends
JimRising 510
Other Games
gofns22950
singsing1721
Coldzera 707
Pyrionflax95
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
BasetradeTV228
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Jankos2350
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
40m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
2h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Patches Events
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.