• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:39
CEST 10:39
KST 17:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9896 users

Fire Emblem - Page 15

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 171 Next
lestye
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4243 Posts
March 02 2016 18:52 GMT
#281
Have you guys tried the DLC (the small bits, not the alternate routes)
"You guys are just edgelords. Embrace your inner weeb desu" -Zergneedsfood
TL+ Member
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
March 02 2016 19:45 GMT
#282
On March 03 2016 03:52 lestye wrote:
Have you guys tried the DLC (the small bits, not the alternate routes)

Only the free one, it was okay, but the ninja combos were somewhat obnoxious
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
March 02 2016 20:02 GMT
#283
Someone was asking about the captured units before, but the lancers with S rank lances and 3 rallies in chapter 23 Lunatic Conquest look like pretty good additions to a team if you still have dead weight at that point.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
March 02 2016 20:03 GMT
#284
On March 02 2016 18:33 TheYango wrote:
23 just punishes you for having slow foot units. At that point in the game almost all of my army was mounted or paired with a mounted unit (Tsubaki, Hinoka, Silas, DK avatar, Paladin Ryoma, Falcoknight Sakura, Sophie, Shigure, etc.) , so moving between the safe zones did not take long enough for it to be a problem. The distance between the safe zones in the middle stretch is such that a mounted unit can pretty much always cross between them in 2 turns of movement (and therefore only take 1 turn of damage from the DV), but a foot unit will probably take 3.

Even if you have slow foot units, you can probably use them to bait and kill the reinforcements that trickle in behind you, as long as you don't try to make them cross the wide middle stretch and have sufficient mounted units to advance and kill Camilla.



I actually found Chapter 23 Birthright very straight forward.

I died once because of not realizing the fireballs destroyed the debris and got my takumi killed.

Once I got it together though it was pretty easy. Jakob was insane on this map because of Live to Serve (I kept him as a butler) so he was able to heal anyone + himself at the same time. Also having everyone with vulneraries the only hard part was luring the retainers out without bringing Camilla herself. I did that by getting her to use the left dragon vein and then putting Ryoma in range of the pair so he would just ace them in one round. Got Camilla in range and Takumi just is a beast.

I'll try Conquest 24 again tonight and see how I do. The fight itself is pretty nice and I have a good first few turns that clear out the bottom half of the map very consistently. I will definitely think to use beast killer though I forgot that it does bonus to her because of her passive that makes Bows not do bonus.
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
March 02 2016 20:25 GMT
#285
On March 03 2016 04:45 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 03:52 lestye wrote:
Have you guys tried the DLC (the small bits, not the alternate routes)

Only the free one, it was okay, but the ninja combos were somewhat obnoxious

I can confirm this.

Ninja combos can make it difficult to farm support conversations sometimes.

Ninja + Defense Seal combo puts me in frowny town.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 02 2016 21:17 GMT
#286
As someone who has enjoyed all of the American-released Fire Emblem games, is it worth it to buy only one of these or am I going to get blue balled?
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
March 02 2016 21:42 GMT
#287
Since the other routes come at a discount (buy them as DLC, not separate cartridges), I think it turns out to be a pretty good deal if you like the game, especially if Revelations comes at 10 dollars instead of 20.

If you must live with only one, Conquest is a lot more interesting, as the Birthright maps are pretty uninspired. If the base game was just Conquest alone, I would probably have considered it satisfactory, while I probably wouldn't have felt the same about Birthright.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
March 02 2016 22:03 GMT
#288
If you liked the series as a whole, Conquest alone is fine.

If you liked Awakening, Birthright's more or less a straight improvement over Awakening but inherits more of its problems than Conquest does.
Moderator
yookstah
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia655 Posts
March 03 2016 00:12 GMT
#289
Didn't really see til now that the Western version doesn't have Jap voices as opposed to Awakening. Disappointing, especially considering I'd be able to get the basic gist down of what the characters are saying as opposed to the horrible localization dialogue.
"I'm saying that you are all the time aggressive. I say to you choose situations to be aggressive and not aggressive. I'm talking it" - Cooller
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
March 03 2016 00:24 GMT
#290
There's an undub patch if you're on a 3ds firmware version that supports homebrew.
Moderator
yookstah
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia655 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-03 00:37:52
March 03 2016 00:37 GMT
#291
mfw you need a damn patch when there was jap audio in Awakening :|
"I'm saying that you are all the time aggressive. I say to you choose situations to be aggressive and not aggressive. I'm talking it" - Cooller
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
March 03 2016 00:51 GMT
#292
The question mainly is: Is Conquest alone a full Fire Emblem game (i.e. about the length of Awakening, Radiant Dawn, or Sacred Stones), and will it just give me a bullshit To Be Continued when I beat it? Because those are the 2 things I'm concerned about before I spend my gift cards from Christmas on it.
Alventenie
Profile Joined July 2007
United States2147 Posts
March 03 2016 01:02 GMT
#293
I have completed Birthright and almost completed Conquest, but both Conquest and Birthright are ~27 chapters long.

This is in good relation to Awakening, but is shorter than Radiant Dawn (39 Chapters). It definitely is a full story, although there are references to like a what would have happened if you picked the other path.

Conquest is pretty challenging if you dont wish to lose characters because you don't get extra missions to grind characters up outside of paralogues, although the hardest part I found was definitely in the early/mid game before you have a core team. Late game for what I have seen is just making the right moves and having your right people in the right spot (or getting screwed by numbers, but thats always a chance).
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-03 02:48:43
March 03 2016 02:22 GMT
#294
That's playing off Radiant Dawn as being longer relative to the others than it actually is. It has 39 chapters but no Gaidens/Paralogues, so you actually play a similar number of maps in all 3 games.

Comparing the lengths of the games mentioned:

Awakening is 25 chapters + 17 paralogues = 42 maps
Radiant Dawn is 39 chapters, no gaidens or paralogues
Sacred Stones is 21 chapters + 6 chapters on the alternate route + 1 gaiden chapter + 8 Tower of Valni floors + 10 Lagdou Ruins floors = 46 maps

Conquest and Birthright are each 27 chapters + 14 paralogues = 41 maps

Others:

Path of Radiance is 28 chapters, no gaidens or paralogues
Binding Blade is 24 chapters + 6 chapters on the alternate route + 7 gaiden chapters (though 2 are spread across the route split) = 37 maps

I deliberately didn't include the SpotPass paralogues for Awakening because we don't have all the free DLC for Fates released yet, and those are essentially equivalent. I also didn't run the numbers for Blazing Sword because there's a significant amount of redundancy in maps across Eliwood and Hector mode, and I didn't want to bother going through the semantics of how much change constitutes a new map between the two routes. If you count map differences as strictly as possible it's 32 HM chapters + 7 gaidens + 2 HM-only gaidens + 2 EM-only chapters = 43 maps.

EDIT: Forgot Tower of Valni/Lagdou Ruins maps in FE8.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
March 03 2016 02:27 GMT
#295
On March 03 2016 09:51 deth2munkies wrote:
The question mainly is: Is Conquest alone a full Fire Emblem game (i.e. about the length of Awakening, Radiant Dawn, or Sacred Stones), and will it just give me a bullshit To Be Continued when I beat it? Because those are the 2 things I'm concerned about before I spend my gift cards from Christmas on it.

Each of them is plenty long. Especially if plan on luna runs.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
imBLIND
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2626 Posts
March 03 2016 06:46 GMT
#296
I'm on chapter 10 classic/hard and I unlocked paralogue 2 for kana...I want to use the map to grind up some of my characters, but I'm having a horrible time surviving the waves where the snipers keep reinforcing from the south and the west. Does anyone know exactly how many waves there are and if there's a way you're supposed to end them?
im deaf
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
March 03 2016 06:54 GMT
#297
almost done with nohr, gonna start revelations tomorrow!
can i get my estro logo back pls
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
March 03 2016 08:15 GMT
#298
On March 03 2016 15:46 imBLIND wrote:
I'm on chapter 10 classic/hard and I unlocked paralogue 2 for kana...I want to use the map to grind up some of my characters, but I'm having a horrible time surviving the waves where the snipers keep reinforcing from the south and the west. Does anyone know exactly how many waves there are and if there's a way you're supposed to end them?

You actually usually don't want to recruit kids that early. Some of the paralogues with promoted units are inordinately hard if you do them early, and there's no real benefit to recruiting most of the kids early.
Moderator
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
March 03 2016 16:53 GMT
#299
On March 03 2016 15:46 imBLIND wrote:
I'm on chapter 10 classic/hard and I unlocked paralogue 2 for kana...I want to use the map to grind up some of my characters, but I'm having a horrible time surviving the waves where the snipers keep reinforcing from the south and the west. Does anyone know exactly how many waves there are and if there's a way you're supposed to end them?

I killed the 2 berserkers and the last original wave guy all at once. No extra waves spawn...otherwise, its a lot...
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
March 03 2016 18:30 GMT
#300
I didn't even know that there were reinforcements on that map. Turn based reinforcements are so rare in this game.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 976
Soulkey 331
Soma 220
Larva 152
Mind 68
ZerO 47
soO 29
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 6
League of Legends
JimRising 571
Counter-Strike
edward399
Other Games
summit1g8194
singsing1432
Coldzera 682
WinterStarcraft630
Sick197
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
BasetradeTV234
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2228
League of Legends
• Jankos1741
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
1h 21m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
3h 21m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.