• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:38
CEST 00:38
KST 07:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War355.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8180 users

Fire Emblem - Page 10

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 171 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-25 23:45:25
February 25 2016 23:45 GMT
#181
You're not a real elitist till you've played Gaiden.

+ Show Spoiler +
Please don't subject yourself to playing Gaiden.
Moderator
TomatoBisque
Profile Joined March 2013
United States6290 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-25 23:52:11
February 25 2016 23:46 GMT
#182
I played and beat gaiden

it was bad

e: Rather, the NES games didn't really age very well
rip
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-26 00:20:08
February 26 2016 00:10 GMT
#183
I mean, even if you ignore the game being dated and the experimental game mechanics it still has the worst map design in the series by a wide margin.

Like, I'm not sure map design in an FE game can actually get worse than this:
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
Moderator
TomatoBisque
Profile Joined March 2013
United States6290 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-26 00:14:11
February 26 2016 00:13 GMT
#184
You didn't like wide open spaces with like 4-5 enemies on them?
rip
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
February 26 2016 00:27 GMT
#185
Man that ship is giving me flash backs to the Ghost Ship level in FE8. I think it was one of the few legitimately difficult levels in that game.

Also I feel like out of the older Fire Emblem games pre FE6, Genealogy of the Holy War was the only one worth playing. And Thracia 776 if you liked a challenge. I can't weigh in personally on this, these are just the opinions I've come across.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-26 00:32:17
February 26 2016 00:32 GMT
#186
I remember fog

yeah fuck fog, have to bring torches or you can get fuuuucked.
WriterXiao8~~
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-26 00:47:40
February 26 2016 00:39 GMT
#187
I actually disagree with that. FE3 is actually a lot more fun to play than Shadow Dragon/New Mystery, IMO. Though that has more to do with Shadow Dragon and New Mystery not being particularly good, more than FE3 having aged exceptionally well.

Also, even though FE4 is my personal favorite game in the series, I actually think Thracia is the best game in the series from a level design standpoint. Most of what could be deemed problems stem largely from the fact that it never got a particularly good translation so it's easy to get burned by unfamiliar mechanics because they're not sufficiently explained in the fan translations. Though it does have a few "fuck you" moments that are really frustrating.

Thracia also has one of the best systems to combat lowmanning and staff abuse in the series.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
February 26 2016 01:11 GMT
#188
On February 26 2016 09:39 TheYango wrote:
Thracia also has one of the best systems to combat lowmanning and staff abuse in the series.

I know what you mean, but missing with staves seems... cruel. I mean I get why they did it but that's brutal.

I would also say that logically it doesn't add up, but I think you could argue that several things in Fire Emblem don't line up logically.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TomatoBisque
Profile Joined March 2013
United States6290 Posts
February 26 2016 01:12 GMT
#189
I liked New Mystery but that might be more because I loved lunatic and the blind playthrough I did as soon as we got the ROM was probably the most fun I ever had with FE
rip
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
February 26 2016 01:21 GMT
#190
On February 26 2016 08:38 imBLIND wrote:
I love the FE series, but my biggest complaint is that these games don't have much replayability. I'm not exactly willing to fork over an extra $20 for another story line, and I haven't heard too much about how the DLC and multiplayer affects the main story. Could anyone give their opinion as to how well the new multiplayer system works and if its worth the money?


Multiplayer is probably all right if you're playing it casually and play against other casuals. Try hard multiplayer is a grindfest getting capped stats, and all of the busted skills on every character like Replicate and Warp. The game is simply not balanced for PvP play, and playing it isn't really the FE experience.

That being said, 60 dollars for 2 routes and 80 dollars (revelations might drop to 10 dollars eventually like in Japan) is still pretty good for close to a 100 hours of content just running through the game once in each route. You'll get close to double that if you go for lunatic afterwards.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
February 26 2016 01:22 GMT
#191
On February 26 2016 09:39 TheYango wrote:
I actually disagree with that. FE3 is actually a lot more fun to play than Shadow Dragon/New Mystery, IMO. Though that has more to do with Shadow Dragon and New Mystery not being particularly good, more than FE3 having aged exceptionally well.

Also, even though FE4 is my personal favorite game in the series, I actually think Thracia is the best game in the series from a level design standpoint. Most of what could be deemed problems stem largely from the fact that it never got a particularly good translation so it's easy to get burned by unfamiliar mechanics because they're not sufficiently explained in the fan translations. Though it does have a few "fuck you" moments that are really frustrating.

Thracia also has one of the best systems to combat lowmanning and staff abuse in the series.

I think I enjoyed every single FE.
The GC-Wii (radiant down and...path of radiance ?) were good but too easy sadly compared to what a FE should be (imo), but I enjoyed those too
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-26 01:32:26
February 26 2016 01:31 GMT
#192
On February 26 2016 10:11 Frudgey wrote:
I know what you mean, but missing with staves seems... cruel. I mean I get why they did it but that's brutal.

Staff missing is stupid. Hit rates flooring at 1% and capping at 99% is also stupid.

I was referring to fatigue, which ticks people off when they first encounter it but it largely exists in the game to discourage degenerate play patterns like the ones I mentioned and does so fairly successfully.
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
February 26 2016 01:36 GMT
#193
On February 26 2016 10:31 TheYango wrote:
I was referring to fatigue, which ticks people off when they first encounter it but it largely exists in the game to discourage degenerate play patterns like the ones I mentioned and does so fairly successfully.

Oh.

I'll show myself out now.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-26 01:44:43
February 26 2016 01:42 GMT
#194
On February 26 2016 10:12 TomatoBisque wrote:
I liked New Mystery but that might be more because I loved lunatic and the blind playthrough I did as soon as we got the ROM was probably the most fun I ever had with FE

The thing I dislike about Shadow Dragon/New Mystery is that they simply made the game more of a chore to play.

The beauty of FE3 is that it's a fundamentally really simple and straightforward game. There's no weapon triangle yet, XP gains are static rather than scaled against your level, it uses the Weapon Level mechanic rather than weapon ranks, etc. And yet it manages to be strategically interesting solely on having solid level design.

SD and New Mystery take the base formula and just complicate everything with the modern FE stuff but without actually making the game any more satisfying to play. It's still the same game in a lot of ways but now there's all this new stuff that complicates playing the game it just becomes more of a chore to play and less fun overall IMO.

If you're going to add new gameplay systems, they work best when you design your levels to take advantage of them. Conquest and its utilization of the Dragon Vein mechanic is a good example of what happens when this works. SD and New Mystery add all these modern FE mechanics (including the really new stuff like reclassing and a playable avatar), but retain the level design from a game that didn't have them, and so they just feel tacked on and don't contribute positively to the experience.
Moderator
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
February 26 2016 01:47 GMT
#195
On February 26 2016 10:22 MrCon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2016 09:39 TheYango wrote:
I actually disagree with that. FE3 is actually a lot more fun to play than Shadow Dragon/New Mystery, IMO. Though that has more to do with Shadow Dragon and New Mystery not being particularly good, more than FE3 having aged exceptionally well.

Also, even though FE4 is my personal favorite game in the series, I actually think Thracia is the best game in the series from a level design standpoint. Most of what could be deemed problems stem largely from the fact that it never got a particularly good translation so it's easy to get burned by unfamiliar mechanics because they're not sufficiently explained in the fan translations. Though it does have a few "fuck you" moments that are really frustrating.

Thracia also has one of the best systems to combat lowmanning and staff abuse in the series.

I think I enjoyed every single FE.
The GC-Wii (radiant down and...path of radiance ?) were good but too easy sadly compared to what a FE should be (imo), but I enjoyed those too


Path of Radiance was unfortunately gimped in localization where they removed maniac mode and added an easy mode. Overall difficulty, it's probably close to Hector Hard mode from FE7, but without the rng bullshit of Luna druids.

Radiant Dawn is pretty difficult for most of the game because of availability and poor base stats on the dawn's brigade team. I just hated how they removed the enemy movement markers for no good reason. The american version managed to make it harder by upping the activation level on Wrath, causing Eddie to get way too many crits in the early chapters.

Of the post FE6 generation, the gamecube/wii games are probably the least offenders as far as overly easy gameplay goes. I do have a black hole of memory of the DS games though, because I just stopped playing after warp staffing through a ton of maps.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-26 01:50:45
February 26 2016 01:49 GMT
#196
Regardless of the level of difficulty by design, PoR's problem in practice is that IS hadn't ironed out how to make BEXP work in a fair way. So the game is broken in half by just BEXP dumping someone after chapter 8 and steamrolling the rest of the game.

If you don't use BEXP it's probably fine, but the PoR iteration of BEXP is massively overtuned and negatively affects the difficulty of the game.
Moderator
chocorush
Profile Joined June 2009
696 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-26 01:53:31
February 26 2016 01:53 GMT
#197
Maniac Mode BEXP triples the cost and halves the amount gained per level iirc. It's almost a non factor as far as to how much easier it makes the game. The real issue with the game for me is that Titania is completely busted, as is Haar in FE10, but Seth and Marcus are pretty bad too in that respect.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 26 2016 01:55 GMT
#198
Seth's honestly the 2nd most broken unit in the history of the series, tbh.

First would be FE4 Sigurd aka the lord that is his own Jeigan (but still gains XP normally).
Moderator
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
February 26 2016 01:55 GMT
#199
I think my biggest beef with Shadow Dragon was that it did away with all of the support conversations.

I don't know about you guys, but I LIVE for supports. I feel that it actually makes the characters, you know, people.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
February 26 2016 01:58 GMT
#200
Strictly speaking they didn't "do away with" support conversations since the originals didn't have them.

IS can and should be faulted for not adding them though.
Moderator
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 171 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
ProTech132
ViBE87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12872
910 78
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever351
canceldota123
League of Legends
Doublelift3945
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4165
Other Games
summit1g5132
C9.Mang0316
Liquid`Hasu301
JimRising 257
ToD181
JuggernautJason23
PPMD23
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• poizon28 40
• musti20045 28
• RyuSc2 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21769
League of Legends
• Scarra990
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
• Shiphtur588
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
OSC
22m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.