• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:49
CEST 21:49
KST 04:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7379 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 57

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 73 Next
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 21 2016 10:58 GMT
#1121
On February 21 2016 09:34 Djzapz wrote:
I don't see why you'd try to replicate MM conditions in DM. What does it matter if you pick a fight with an awp at long range with your rifle and lose. Die and try again. And if you want short to mid range engagements which favor you, play in long room, play in tunnels, play in B site, play in cat. Learn the spots. Sometimes you'll have to hit nutty long range shots against awps without utilities. Gotta go in dry sometimes.

Either way you're better on aim maps or on FFA DM where awping is hard because there's people who want to kill you everywhere.


Because I don't play DM to have fun. I play DM to warm up. And the more things that are the same, the more gets transfered. It's pretty basic stuff when it comes to learning.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
February 21 2016 13:12 GMT
#1122
On February 21 2016 19:58 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2016 09:34 Djzapz wrote:
I don't see why you'd try to replicate MM conditions in DM. What does it matter if you pick a fight with an awp at long range with your rifle and lose. Die and try again. And if you want short to mid range engagements which favor you, play in long room, play in tunnels, play in B site, play in cat. Learn the spots. Sometimes you'll have to hit nutty long range shots against awps without utilities. Gotta go in dry sometimes.

Either way you're better on aim maps or on FFA DM where awping is hard because there's people who want to kill you everywhere.


Because I don't play DM to have fun. I play DM to warm up. And the more things that are the same, the more gets transfered. It's pretty basic stuff when it comes to learning.

I don't think you're using the correct term then. If you want to work on the exact things you do in a match, then what you need is practice. If you just want to get your motions fluid and on point, what you want to do is warm up. If you want to play on maps where it's more of the same, not only will you introduce flaws in your game (lack of practice at certain distances, certain angles, etc), you're also not actually playing anything that's the same. As we've said before, no flashes, no nades... It's not like MM, you're just basically getting used to your mouse.

The best way to warm up your mouse IMO is variety, which is why I use FFA DM. The best way to get used to real peeking angles and situations is... MM. And the best way to practice is very debatable but it certainly is not DM on classic maps.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 21 2016 20:58 GMT
#1123
On February 21 2016 22:12 Djzapz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 21 2016 19:58 Mozdk wrote:
On February 21 2016 09:34 Djzapz wrote:
I don't see why you'd try to replicate MM conditions in DM. What does it matter if you pick a fight with an awp at long range with your rifle and lose. Die and try again. And if you want short to mid range engagements which favor you, play in long room, play in tunnels, play in B site, play in cat. Learn the spots. Sometimes you'll have to hit nutty long range shots against awps without utilities. Gotta go in dry sometimes.

Either way you're better on aim maps or on FFA DM where awping is hard because there's people who want to kill you everywhere.


Because I don't play DM to have fun. I play DM to warm up. And the more things that are the same, the more gets transfered. It's pretty basic stuff when it comes to learning.

I don't think you're using the correct term then. If you want to work on the exact things you do in a match, then what you need is practice. If you just want to get your motions fluid and on point, what you want to do is warm up. If you want to play on maps where it's more of the same, not only will you introduce flaws in your game (lack of practice at certain distances, certain angles, etc), you're also not actually playing anything that's the same. As we've said before, no flashes, no nades... It's not like MM, you're just basically getting used to your mouse.

The best way to warm up your mouse IMO is variety, which is why I use FFA DM. The best way to get used to real peeking angles and situations is... MM. And the best way to practice is very debatable but it certainly is not DM on classic maps.


Luckily we don't have to agree. I prefer some of the other maps. And I feel sharper afterwards.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
February 21 2016 21:48 GMT
#1124
I DM on community D2 FFA maps with precise rulesets like no respawn protection, free reload on kill, good spawn points, limited awps on each team etc...
And for that D2 is by far the best map in my opinion.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-22 12:53:40
February 22 2016 12:53 GMT
#1125
My mic has some static.

I've been trying to get it better using this:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7363-ADHL-9648

I'm supposed to test sounds at rate: 2500, 3500, 4500 up to 9999.

But when I enter rate into console it says my rate is 80000. I have no clue what this number is, or why mine is so high, but the guide says most servers have a max and it's well below my number.

Can someone explain what this number is? And why mine is set so high? I've never changed this number before.

I also tested 2500 and up to 9999 in 1000-intervals. They were all worse than the 80000 setting. What to do?


I am using Cloud 1 so it should be good enough to not get that static bs.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 22 2016 13:44 GMT
#1126
I just changed from CD to DVD quality in windows. And all the static is gone. But the mic is very low now. Even though windows is 100%, boost is 10% and all ingame is set to max.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 22 2016 14:01 GMT
#1127
This is strange. Every time I open re-enter a game (even offline vs bots) I get the static again. There must be some sound setting the the executes that exists when the game launches, that are making it go back to static mode. I'm not sure what they are.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
February 22 2016 14:44 GMT
#1128
If you want to do some peeking practice, going on aim_redline dm maps can be an option.

Classic DM has many issues: sometimes you don't run into people (only teammates), you wait a long time before respawning, you don't necessarily take aim duels you mostly shoot in the back, and last but not least, people aren't that good in these, and so you're not really practicing against good people, which doesn't help.

If you need to "warmup" as in "get your mouse movement sharp and fluid", get on csgo_train_map and shoot 200 targets with 0.25 delay and 0.50 timer for targets.
LiquipediaWanderer
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-23 18:07:31
February 23 2016 18:05 GMT
#1129
About mid on Mirage:

I'm MG1 and I play around 50% solo queue and 50% with a team of mostly Polish guys. It's usually the same two and two of a pool of 6-7 other players. From Warowl videos I know that if you play mid on Cache, you don't actually have to challenge, if T has a big presence. You can give up mid control, as long as you have control of highway and some awareness of them going into vents, CT or highway. So if I play mid and I only can afford a scout or famas, I shouldn't take the fight every time. I can try to kill one sure, but I can wait. I can hold from highway, and maybe peek every 15 seconds.

On Mirage: If I usually awp in window, but we don't have money for AWP, should I go connector with M4/famas or scout from window. This is what I usually do. So we play more like 3A 2B, rather than what we normally do: 2A, 2B, 1Mid. This is the standard setup at my level on maps with a mid that is seperate from sites: Dust2, Cache, Mirage. Dust2 is usually 2 long, and one goes back to cover short if mid calls for it. Both on long go A, if they seem to be pushing all short.

Real question:
Should I play connector-jungle-window area without actually challenging the snipers at top MID if I have scout/famas/M4 as mid player?


In generel:
On Inferno we play 2B, 3A (usually two in appartments after the first few rounds)
Overpass we play one A long, one around bathroom to fountain, one connector and two on B.
Cobble we play one drop, 2-3 on B and 1-2 on A. Depending on how T's play. At times we put two in drop against teams who favour going drop.

This is just what is done at my level on EU server. And this is what we do as a team. But is it okay? Are there any other viable options? I heard some guys talking about it being fairly normal to put 3 on B on Overpass, but I have no clue if this is true or BS. I could see two push the monster tunnel if one holds outside connector. That would be a thing.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
February 23 2016 20:48 GMT
#1130
On February 24 2016 03:05 Mozdk wrote:
About mid on Mirage:

I'm MG1 and I play around 50% solo queue and 50% with a team of mostly Polish guys. It's usually the same two and two of a pool of 6-7 other players. From Warowl videos I know that if you play mid on Cache, you don't actually have to challenge, if T has a big presence. You can give up mid control, as long as you have control of highway and some awareness of them going into vents, CT or highway. So if I play mid and I only can afford a scout or famas, I shouldn't take the fight every time. I can try to kill one sure, but I can wait. I can hold from highway, and maybe peek every 15 seconds.

On Mirage: If I usually awp in window, but we don't have money for AWP, should I go connector with M4/famas or scout from window. This is what I usually do. So we play more like 3A 2B, rather than what we normally do: 2A, 2B, 1Mid. This is the standard setup at my level on maps with a mid that is seperate from sites: Dust2, Cache, Mirage. Dust2 is usually 2 long, and one goes back to cover short if mid calls for it. Both on long go A, if they seem to be pushing all short.

Real question:
Should I play connector-jungle-window area without actually challenging the snipers at top MID if I have scout/famas/M4 as mid player?


In generel:
On Inferno we play 2B, 3A (usually two in appartments after the first few rounds)
Overpass we play one A long, one around bathroom to fountain, one connector and two on B.
Cobble we play one drop, 2-3 on B and 1-2 on A. Depending on how T's play. At times we put two in drop against teams who favour going drop.

This is just what is done at my level on EU server. And this is what we do as a team. But is it okay? Are there any other viable options? I heard some guys talking about it being fairly normal to put 3 on B on Overpass, but I have no clue if this is true or BS. I could see two push the monster tunnel if one holds outside connector. That would be a thing.

Yes.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
February 23 2016 21:25 GMT
#1131
On February 24 2016 03:05 Mozdk wrote:
About mid on Mirage:

I'm MG1 and I play around 50% solo queue and 50% with a team of mostly Polish guys. It's usually the same two and two of a pool of 6-7 other players. From Warowl videos I know that if you play mid on Cache, you don't actually have to challenge, if T has a big presence. You can give up mid control, as long as you have control of highway and some awareness of them going into vents, CT or highway. So if I play mid and I only can afford a scout or famas, I shouldn't take the fight every time. I can try to kill one sure, but I can wait. I can hold from highway, and maybe peek every 15 seconds.

On Mirage: If I usually awp in window, but we don't have money for AWP, should I go connector with M4/famas or scout from window. This is what I usually do. So we play more like 3A 2B, rather than what we normally do: 2A, 2B, 1Mid. This is the standard setup at my level on maps with a mid that is seperate from sites: Dust2, Cache, Mirage. Dust2 is usually 2 long, and one goes back to cover short if mid calls for it. Both on long go A, if they seem to be pushing all short.

Real question:
Should I play connector-jungle-window area without actually challenging the snipers at top MID if I have scout/famas/M4 as mid player?


In generel:
On Inferno we play 2B, 3A (usually two in appartments after the first few rounds)
Overpass we play one A long, one around bathroom to fountain, one connector and two on B.
Cobble we play one drop, 2-3 on B and 1-2 on A. Depending on how T's play. At times we put two in drop against teams who favour going drop.

This is just what is done at my level on EU server. And this is what we do as a team. But is it okay? Are there any other viable options? I heard some guys talking about it being fairly normal to put 3 on B on Overpass, but I have no clue if this is true or BS. I could see two push the monster tunnel if one holds outside connector. That would be a thing.


If you are also feeling alot of pressure on top mid, its not a terrible idea to take control. It requires a bit more experience and better understanding but as CT if you control Mid you take a large chunk of the map away from the T side. So if you feel heavy presense top mid you can always have your a and b player rotate and try to challenge for it. Its not something you may be ready to pull off but its worth exploring. Especially for example if an awp is walking up mid by himself he can be exposed quite easily. And at that level I imagine it happens alot.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 25 2016 11:55 GMT
#1132
Hi again.

How do I find pistol DM servers?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
February 25 2016 11:57 GMT
#1133
On February 25 2016 20:55 Mozdk wrote:
Hi again.

How do I find pistol DM servers?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pistol DM servers csgo
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 25 2016 12:46 GMT
#1134
On February 25 2016 20:57 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2016 20:55 Mozdk wrote:
Hi again.

How do I find pistol DM servers?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pistol DM servers csgo


I still have the same question... I don't know how to get to the servers. I've only used in game buttons.

I don't know how to use IP to get to a server.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
February 25 2016 12:58 GMT
#1135
On February 25 2016 21:46 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2016 20:57 Nagisama wrote:
On February 25 2016 20:55 Mozdk wrote:
Hi again.

How do I find pistol DM servers?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pistol DM servers csgo


I still have the same question... I don't know how to get to the servers. I've only used in game buttons.

I don't know how to use IP to get to a server.

You can find the server IP's from the google search, pick one out that you like, and then in the console (default is " ` " tilda key), and then type "connect ipaddress". Alternatively, you can go to "view community servers", it'll pop out a window, go to "favourites" tab and then click on the bottom right, "add server ip", and then paste the ip into that, and it'll be saved into your favourites server list.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
No0n
Profile Joined March 2010
United States355 Posts
February 25 2016 13:19 GMT
#1136
On February 24 2016 03:05 Mozdk wrote:
About mid on Mirage:

I'm MG1 and I play around 50% solo queue and 50% with a team of mostly Polish guys. It's usually the same two and two of a pool of 6-7 other players. From Warowl videos I know that if you play mid on Cache, you don't actually have to challenge, if T has a big presence. You can give up mid control, as long as you have control of highway and some awareness of them going into vents, CT or highway. So if I play mid and I only can afford a scout or famas, I shouldn't take the fight every time. I can try to kill one sure, but I can wait. I can hold from highway, and maybe peek every 15 seconds.

On Mirage: If I usually awp in window, but we don't have money for AWP, should I go connector with M4/famas or scout from window. This is what I usually do. So we play more like 3A 2B, rather than what we normally do: 2A, 2B, 1Mid. This is the standard setup at my level on maps with a mid that is seperate from sites: Dust2, Cache, Mirage. Dust2 is usually 2 long, and one goes back to cover short if mid calls for it. Both on long go A, if they seem to be pushing all short.

Real question:
Should I play connector-jungle-window area without actually challenging the snipers at top MID if I have scout/famas/M4 as mid player?


In generel:
On Inferno we play 2B, 3A (usually two in appartments after the first few rounds)
Overpass we play one A long, one around bathroom to fountain, one connector and two on B.
Cobble we play one drop, 2-3 on B and 1-2 on A. Depending on how T's play. At times we put two in drop against teams who favour going drop.

This is just what is done at my level on EU server. And this is what we do as a team. But is it okay? Are there any other viable options? I heard some guys talking about it being fairly normal to put 3 on B on Overpass, but I have no clue if this is true or BS. I could see two push the monster tunnel if one holds outside connector. That would be a thing.


Honestly there are a lot of options you can do so I'll break it down issue by issue.

Mirage mid: You can play mid with a rifle if you're confident enough to hit your shots. Ideally if you guys are playing mid control on mirage, which I would recommend, you'd flash top mid and two teammates or so would push up mid to take control of the mid area. The number one thing to remember in doing this is to not be afraid to die and get the trades. If you guys end up 4v3 or 3v2 or 5v4 as CT's you have the advantage. It's gonna take a lot of team play though to execute properly. An example would be Virtus Pro vs. Fnatic on Mirage during ESL One Cologne semi finals map 1, round 18.
However, as you said, it's also possible you guys aren't focusing on mid that much and in that case, it's entirely fine to play 3A 2B, but if you choose this route just know that rotates are going to be horrible and the T's can fake out the CTs quite easily.

Inferno: 2B, 3A is pretty normal but it's also possible to play 3B in the beginning of the round, take control of bottom banana, and then rotate 2 back to A to then transform from 3B, 2A into a 4A, 1B setup. It's also possible to smoke in front of mexican mid and push down to take battles in alt mid similar to how you would fight for mid control on CT side mirage. In the case of a 3B setup on inferno, your 2A players would want to play far back in positions such as balcony pit, two pit, truck pit etc.

Overpass: Generally on Overpass CT side you want to choose a site to have 3 players on; either A site or B site. In your case, you're sending 3A to keep control of bathrooms and force the T side to go B, because it's near impossible to execute onto A on Overpass without bathroom control. When you put 3 players on B on Overpass, you're operating a similar setup except on the other side of the map. You're taking control of water/construction to force the T side to execute onto the A site. You're also stopping rotates depending on which site you choose to stack 3 players on because you will have control over the entrance to connector on whichever site you have 3 players on ie bathrooms exit of connector or water exit of connector.

Cobble: Your setup on cobble is pretty standard so nothing really noteworthy to talk about. To be successful on CT side of that map you will have to be able to hold the rush on B plat using your two players on B site using your nades. A team that favors drop down really shouldn't be able to break your man drop easily if he is using his grenade correctly. Ideally, one of your B guys should be rotating between helping your player watching b long and your drop room player. Keeping control of A apts/danger is important because without that area it's impossible for T side to go A and allows you to rotate a man early so that you can stack 4B with no worry. The map is T sided still though because of the fact the Ts can 4v1 your man holding A at any time and then rotate back to B very quickly, tricking your CT side into over rotating towards A.
Park Sang Woo(Sea.Really) Fighting! E-STRO forever.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-25 16:20:54
February 25 2016 16:19 GMT
#1137
On February 25 2016 21:58 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2016 21:46 Mozdk wrote:
On February 25 2016 20:57 Nagisama wrote:
On February 25 2016 20:55 Mozdk wrote:
Hi again.

How do I find pistol DM servers?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pistol DM servers csgo


I still have the same question... I don't know how to get to the servers. I've only used in game buttons.

I don't know how to use IP to get to a server.

You can find the server IP's from the google search, pick one out that you like, and then in the console (default is " ` " tilda key), and then type "connect ipaddress". Alternatively, you can go to "view community servers", it'll pop out a window, go to "favourites" tab and then click on the bottom right, "add server ip", and then paste the ip into that, and it'll be saved into your favourites server list.


You're making it more complicated than needed You can do all that from the in game menu:

Click on "Browse community servers", and filter with "pistol". You could get a bunch of "pistol" only servers up, and you can look through the server name whether they are DM or not. Then simply double click the one you want to join

Edit: if you want to use console you also need to activate it either through the game's launch command line or through one of the options menus
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
February 25 2016 16:23 GMT
#1138
you might as well get acclimated to the console. It's quite a useful tool to have
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 25 2016 16:30 GMT
#1139
On February 25 2016 21:58 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2016 21:46 Mozdk wrote:
On February 25 2016 20:57 Nagisama wrote:
On February 25 2016 20:55 Mozdk wrote:
Hi again.

How do I find pistol DM servers?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pistol DM servers csgo


I still have the same question... I don't know how to get to the servers. I've only used in game buttons.

I don't know how to use IP to get to a server.

You can find the server IP's from the google search, pick one out that you like, and then in the console (default is " ` " tilda key), and then type "connect ipaddress". Alternatively, you can go to "view community servers", it'll pop out a window, go to "favourites" tab and then click on the bottom right, "add server ip", and then paste the ip into that, and it'll be saved into your favourites server list.


Thanks. I didn't even know you could start console from lobby.

I think the command is just connect. That's what I got working anyway.

Is there any way to tell by the number sequence if a server is EU or NA?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
February 25 2016 16:34 GMT
#1140
On February 25 2016 22:19 No0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2016 03:05 Mozdk wrote:
About mid on Mirage:

I'm MG1 and I play around 50% solo queue and 50% with a team of mostly Polish guys. It's usually the same two and two of a pool of 6-7 other players. From Warowl videos I know that if you play mid on Cache, you don't actually have to challenge, if T has a big presence. You can give up mid control, as long as you have control of highway and some awareness of them going into vents, CT or highway. So if I play mid and I only can afford a scout or famas, I shouldn't take the fight every time. I can try to kill one sure, but I can wait. I can hold from highway, and maybe peek every 15 seconds.

On Mirage: If I usually awp in window, but we don't have money for AWP, should I go connector with M4/famas or scout from window. This is what I usually do. So we play more like 3A 2B, rather than what we normally do: 2A, 2B, 1Mid. This is the standard setup at my level on maps with a mid that is seperate from sites: Dust2, Cache, Mirage. Dust2 is usually 2 long, and one goes back to cover short if mid calls for it. Both on long go A, if they seem to be pushing all short.

Real question:
Should I play connector-jungle-window area without actually challenging the snipers at top MID if I have scout/famas/M4 as mid player?


In generel:
On Inferno we play 2B, 3A (usually two in appartments after the first few rounds)
Overpass we play one A long, one around bathroom to fountain, one connector and two on B.
Cobble we play one drop, 2-3 on B and 1-2 on A. Depending on how T's play. At times we put two in drop against teams who favour going drop.

This is just what is done at my level on EU server. And this is what we do as a team. But is it okay? Are there any other viable options? I heard some guys talking about it being fairly normal to put 3 on B on Overpass, but I have no clue if this is true or BS. I could see two push the monster tunnel if one holds outside connector. That would be a thing.


Honestly there are a lot of options you can do so I'll break it down issue by issue.

Mirage mid: You can play mid with a rifle if you're confident enough to hit your shots. Ideally if you guys are playing mid control on mirage, which I would recommend, you'd flash top mid and two teammates or so would push up mid to take control of the mid area. The number one thing to remember in doing this is to not be afraid to die and get the trades. If you guys end up 4v3 or 3v2 or 5v4 as CT's you have the advantage. It's gonna take a lot of team play though to execute properly. An example would be Virtus Pro vs. Fnatic on Mirage during ESL One Cologne semi finals map 1, round 18.
However, as you said, it's also possible you guys aren't focusing on mid that much and in that case, it's entirely fine to play 3A 2B, but if you choose this route just know that rotates are going to be horrible and the T's can fake out the CTs quite easily.

Inferno: 2B, 3A is pretty normal but it's also possible to play 3B in the beginning of the round, take control of bottom banana, and then rotate 2 back to A to then transform from 3B, 2A into a 4A, 1B setup. It's also possible to smoke in front of mexican mid and push down to take battles in alt mid similar to how you would fight for mid control on CT side mirage. In the case of a 3B setup on inferno, your 2A players would want to play far back in positions such as balcony pit, two pit, truck pit etc.

Overpass: Generally on Overpass CT side you want to choose a site to have 3 players on; either A site or B site. In your case, you're sending 3A to keep control of bathrooms and force the T side to go B, because it's near impossible to execute onto A on Overpass without bathroom control. When you put 3 players on B on Overpass, you're operating a similar setup except on the other side of the map. You're taking control of water/construction to force the T side to execute onto the A site. You're also stopping rotates depending on which site you choose to stack 3 players on because you will have control over the entrance to connector on whichever site you have 3 players on ie bathrooms exit of connector or water exit of connector.

Cobble: Your setup on cobble is pretty standard so nothing really noteworthy to talk about. To be successful on CT side of that map you will have to be able to hold the rush on B plat using your two players on B site using your nades. A team that favors drop down really shouldn't be able to break your man drop easily if he is using his grenade correctly. Ideally, one of your B guys should be rotating between helping your player watching b long and your drop room player. Keeping control of A apts/danger is important because without that area it's impossible for T side to go A and allows you to rotate a man early so that you can stack 4B with no worry. The map is T sided still though because of the fact the Ts can 4v1 your man holding A at any time and then rotate back to B very quickly, tricking your CT side into over rotating towards A.


A lot of good info to improve the way I think of the game. Thank you for taking your time to write it.

In generel I'm getting a tiny bit better every day. And I definately have some areas of my play that are lagging behind that I need to grind out. Some of those will help me to achieve what you are writing.

I don't like play AK/M4 vs AWP'ers from window to top mid on Mirage. They will in generel get 2-3 chances to hit their shot before I kill them.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 177
ProTech147
JuggernautJason59
CosmosSc2 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 650
White-Ra 196
Dewaltoss 94
Hyuk 82
firebathero 65
Trap 46
Sacsri 20
Bale 15
Dota 2
Gorgc9203
qojqva1369
Counter-Strike
fl0m1654
Fnx 776
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King96
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3852
Khaldor1231
crisheroes1113
Liquid`Hasu534
Other Games
summit1g6592
FrodaN2831
XBOCT252
C9.Mang0188
shahzam156
ArmadaUGS134
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie954
• Shiphtur299
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 11m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 11m
Online Event
15h 11m
FEL
20h 11m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.