• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9082 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 59

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 73 Next
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-16 10:16:39
March 16 2016 10:16 GMT
#1161
Not exp, but you can get drops on Faceit (got a Chroma 2 case yesterday).
LiquipediaWanderer
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
March 16 2016 12:53 GMT
#1162
The AK has some nice looking skins but it also benefits from being a nice looking weapon in general. Vulcan, Aquarmarine etc (I have a Souvenir Safari Mesh with golden Happy sticker n shit now and it looks great). Good looking M4s are hard to come by because the gun itself is just not that pretty imo.
WriterXiao8~~
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
March 16 2016 13:19 GMT
#1163
Maybe this question is silly but sometimes I'm not sure.
Do smokes block or weaken flashbangs?
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
March 16 2016 13:30 GMT
#1164
On March 16 2016 22:19 Yrr wrote:
Maybe this question is silly but sometimes I'm not sure.
Do smokes block or weaken flashbangs?

No.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Branch.AUT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Austria853 Posts
March 17 2016 00:09 GMT
#1165
[image loading]
Why is this happening to me? I am new to the game, finally made level 3 and now I can't play ladder anymore? Why is this?
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
March 17 2016 03:17 GMT
#1166
On March 17 2016 09:09 Branch.AUT wrote:
[image loading]
Why is this happening to me? I am new to the game, finally made level 3 and now I can't play ladder anymore? Why is this?

It's because you're new to the game.

Until you get 10 wins (and a rank), you're limited to playing 2 wins/day.

Sorry, you're a casualty of one of many anti-smurfing/cheating patches.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Branch.AUT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Austria853 Posts
March 17 2016 09:02 GMT
#1167
On March 17 2016 12:17 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 09:09 Branch.AUT wrote:
[image loading]
Why is this happening to me? I am new to the game, finally made level 3 and now I can't play ladder anymore? Why is this?

It's because you're new to the game.

Until you get 10 wins (and a rank), you're limited to playing 2 wins/day.

Sorry, you're a casualty of one of many anti-smurfing/cheating patches.

Anti Cheating and Smurf? I guess thats fair. Thanks for explaining
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
March 17 2016 09:38 GMT
#1168
Technically it's good to prevent some smurfing, but the new players are the first victims of this... :x

That message though... talk about PR bullshit
"We are calibrating, please wait". Lol.
LiquipediaWanderer
Branch.AUT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Austria853 Posts
March 17 2016 13:42 GMT
#1169
Is there another place to play well balanced 5v5 matches on standard maps? All I found is demolition mode with it's small a** maps
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
March 17 2016 14:55 GMT
#1170
On March 17 2016 22:42 Branch.AUT wrote:
Is there another place to play well balanced 5v5 matches on standard maps? All I found is demolition mode with it's small a** maps

No, other options are 3rd party websites that offer the services. FACEIT, ESEA, CEVO.

ESEA costs money

FACEIT, CEVO have free options.

CEVO and ESEA require you to download a client that will connect you to the independent server.

FACEIT is just a browser client.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
March 18 2016 13:42 GMT
#1171
FACEIT has had a lot of (EU at least) server issues this past week I feel. Anyone else experienced that?
LiquipediaWanderer
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
March 18 2016 13:55 GMT
#1172
On March 18 2016 22:42 Ragnarork wrote:
FACEIT has had a lot of (EU at least) server issues this past week I feel. Anyone else experienced that?

I experiences that in Casual and Comeptitve. Lots of rubberbanding for a few minutes and than everything was fine again.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
March 18 2016 16:15 GMT
#1173
On March 18 2016 22:42 Ragnarork wrote:
FACEIT has had a lot of (EU at least) server issues this past week I feel. Anyone else experienced that?


Yeah. I played my first 12ish games on Faceit during the last week or so. I had 4 games with bad servers. Really heavy lag and 90 to 300 ping for all players. Usually only for a few minuts. One of the games, the issues laster a fair bit longer though.

Not really worth it, if this is the standard.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
March 18 2016 17:02 GMT
#1174
Well, it's usually better than that.....

Dunno if it's only faceit or a server update that went wrong or something..
LiquipediaWanderer
Branch.AUT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Austria853 Posts
March 18 2016 17:42 GMT
#1175
Is there a way to reset my MMR for competetitive MM?

After a couple placements I get either GNM matches where I sometimes can hold my own. Or I get MG people and get completely dominated. This is a getting bit frustrating. Especially when I have to repeat every third round that I am playing placement. There's little to no room for experiments.
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
March 18 2016 17:47 GMT
#1176
On March 19 2016 02:42 Branch.AUT wrote:
Is there a way to reset my MMR for competetitive MM?

After a couple placements I get either GNM matches where I sometimes can hold my own. Or I get MG people and get completely dominated. This is a getting bit frustrating. Especially when I have to repeat every third round that I am playing placement. There's little to no room for experiments.


Once you finish your 10 your MMR will put you in a place where you belong, its just a calibration the game is figuring out just like you where you belong.

That having been said you may find GN only games with better players than MG games aswell but thats somewhat exceptional.
Branch.AUT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Austria853 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-18 18:00:41
March 18 2016 17:57 GMT
#1177
On March 19 2016 02:47 Rebs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2016 02:42 Branch.AUT wrote:
Is there a way to reset my MMR for competetitive MM?

After a couple placements I get either GNM matches where I sometimes can hold my own. Or I get MG people and get completely dominated. This is a getting bit frustrating. Especially when I have to repeat every third round that I am playing placement. There's little to no room for experiments.


Once you finish your 10 your MMR will put you in a place where you belong, its just a calibration the game is figuring out just like you where you belong.

That having been said you may find GN only games with better players than MG games aswell but thats somewhat exceptional.

Can't I like just f10 n a couple times in a row? I heard just leaving gives you timouts on queue
EDT: Right now my MMR thinks im GNM, which I don't believe I am.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
March 18 2016 18:07 GMT
#1178
On March 19 2016 02:57 Branch.AUT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2016 02:47 Rebs wrote:
On March 19 2016 02:42 Branch.AUT wrote:
Is there a way to reset my MMR for competetitive MM?

After a couple placements I get either GNM matches where I sometimes can hold my own. Or I get MG people and get completely dominated. This is a getting bit frustrating. Especially when I have to repeat every third round that I am playing placement. There's little to no room for experiments.


Once you finish your 10 your MMR will put you in a place where you belong, its just a calibration the game is figuring out just like you where you belong.

That having been said you may find GN only games with better players than MG games aswell but thats somewhat exceptional.

Can't I like just f10 n a couple times in a row? I heard just leaving gives you timouts on queue
EDT: Right now my MMR thinks im GNM, which I don't believe I am.

No. Resetting your MMR defeats the entire purpose of this process. Valve only has a total of ~10 wins to judge how well it thinks you are. The initial games will definitely have really skewed matches. The more you play, the more "accurate" Valve will be able to match you up. By resetting, you're essentially throwing everything you've done in the past few days out the window.

If you really want to reset, you can, it's called buying another account.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-18 19:42:33
March 18 2016 19:41 GMT
#1179
On March 19 2016 03:07 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2016 02:57 Branch.AUT wrote:
On March 19 2016 02:47 Rebs wrote:
On March 19 2016 02:42 Branch.AUT wrote:
Is there a way to reset my MMR for competetitive MM?

After a couple placements I get either GNM matches where I sometimes can hold my own. Or I get MG people and get completely dominated. This is a getting bit frustrating. Especially when I have to repeat every third round that I am playing placement. There's little to no room for experiments.


Once you finish your 10 your MMR will put you in a place where you belong, its just a calibration the game is figuring out just like you where you belong.

That having been said you may find GN only games with better players than MG games aswell but thats somewhat exceptional.

Can't I like just f10 n a couple times in a row? I heard just leaving gives you timouts on queue
EDT: Right now my MMR thinks im GNM, which I don't believe I am.

No. Resetting your MMR defeats the entire purpose of this process. Valve only has a total of ~10 wins to judge how well it thinks you are. The initial games will definitely have really skewed matches. The more you play, the more "accurate" Valve will be able to match you up. By resetting, you're essentially throwing everything you've done in the past few days out the window.

If you really want to reset, you can, it's called buying another account.


In other words. Dont do it. Just play out a few rough games and the game will put you where you belong. If anything you learn alot more anyway. In 15 years of playing this game every time Ive gotten my ass handed to me Ive come out smarter about the game then I wouldve winning.
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
March 19 2016 04:15 GMT
#1180
On March 19 2016 04:41 Rebs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2016 03:07 Nagisama wrote:
On March 19 2016 02:57 Branch.AUT wrote:
On March 19 2016 02:47 Rebs wrote:
On March 19 2016 02:42 Branch.AUT wrote:
Is there a way to reset my MMR for competetitive MM?

After a couple placements I get either GNM matches where I sometimes can hold my own. Or I get MG people and get completely dominated. This is a getting bit frustrating. Especially when I have to repeat every third round that I am playing placement. There's little to no room for experiments.


Once you finish your 10 your MMR will put you in a place where you belong, its just a calibration the game is figuring out just like you where you belong.

That having been said you may find GN only games with better players than MG games aswell but thats somewhat exceptional.

Can't I like just f10 n a couple times in a row? I heard just leaving gives you timouts on queue
EDT: Right now my MMR thinks im GNM, which I don't believe I am.

No. Resetting your MMR defeats the entire purpose of this process. Valve only has a total of ~10 wins to judge how well it thinks you are. The initial games will definitely have really skewed matches. The more you play, the more "accurate" Valve will be able to match you up. By resetting, you're essentially throwing everything you've done in the past few days out the window.

If you really want to reset, you can, it's called buying another account.


In other words. Dont do it. Just play out a few rough games and the game will put you where you belong. If anything you learn alot more anyway. In 15 years of playing this game every time Ive gotten my ass handed to me Ive come out smarter about the game then I wouldve winning.

This. I remember thinking I was hot shit when I started MM from my years and years of FPS practice. Soon as I started facing better opponents I had to wisen and and start playing smart and learning what I can and can't do without the risk of punishment.
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox384
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5262
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 804
shahzam539
JimRising 418
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe212
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie763
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 15m
Online Event
11h 15m
FEL
16h 15m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.