• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:59
CEST 16:59
KST 23:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8048 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 53

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 73 Next
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 23 2016 20:48 GMT
#1041
Haven't played many blatant cheaters. Maybe <10 since I've started CSGO in 2013. Although, I'm usually of the mentality that unless they're running around spinning headshotting people, I'd just like to think they're better than me as opposed to they're cheating, so might lower my amount.

On the contrary, some like to just call hacks instant they get killed, which might make them claim they've played vs lots of "blatant" cheaters. So take anecdotal claims with a grain of salt.

RTS/Moba games somewhat harder to cheat in, because you still have to have the mechanical skill to use those cheats (mainly map hacks) and beat the opponent. Whereas in CS, you can have the cheat also do the aiming and shooting for you, and you just run around while it does all the work.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
January 23 2016 21:43 GMT
#1042
On January 24 2016 05:43 breathinghuman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 03:07 Sent. wrote:
How popular are hacks in cs:go? I played sc2 and LoL and I can't remember the last time I played against an obvious cheater in any of those games but just today I met two blatant wallhackers in a row in casual games. I remember cheating was a big problem in cs 1.6 but didn't expect it to carry over to cs:go. Was I unlucky/paranoid or is wide spread cheating a real thing in this game?

I heard in casual there is a lot of cheaters, but once you get into normal competitive matchmaking there won't really be any cheaters at all.


You heard wrong ;P
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-23 21:51:00
January 23 2016 21:49 GMT
#1043
On January 24 2016 05:48 Nagisama wrote:
Haven't played many blatant cheaters. Maybe <10 since I've started CSGO in 2013. Although, I'm usually of the mentality that unless they're running around spinning headshotting people, I'd just like to think they're better than me as opposed to they're cheating, so might lower my amount.

On the contrary, some like to just call hacks instant they get killed, which might make them claim they've played vs lots of "blatant" cheaters. So take anecdotal claims with a grain of salt.

RTS/Moba games somewhat harder to cheat in, because you still have to have the mechanical skill to use those cheats (mainly map hacks) and beat the opponent. Whereas in CS, you can have the cheat also do the aiming and shooting for you, and you just run around while it does all the work.


It's not that hard to spot a lot of the cheaters. Aimbotting is the more obvious one, but I honestly haven't faced many of those lately in mm, perhaps because of the obvious nature of it. But wallhacking have some major tells too. Prefiring around corners into positions the enemy doesn't usually stand? unreasonable reaction time? (say constantly hitting people through the crack in mid doors dust2. Not the doors, the crack). Always perfectly prepared for any enemy that comes around any corner? Anyone can get lucky sometimes, maybe often. But no one is perfectly lucky every single round.

If you've really only faced less than 10 cheaters since 2013, I wonder what rank and how often you actually play. I'll be the first to admit that some of the people I accuse could possibly just be really good or lucky, but a lot of the time I just face absolutely blatant hackers who do an incredibly poor job of hiding it.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-23 22:32:37
January 23 2016 22:28 GMT
#1044
Gold Nova 2 -> SMFC, 547 MM wins, so probably 1100 MM games on this account.

Unless I'm behind random walls and they're shooting me through it consistently, I find it hard to call wall hacks, but again just my mentality. I only remember about <=10 ish people that got VAC'd after awhile.

To clarify a bit, I've reported more than 10 people for sure, but that was mostly due to salt.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
January 24 2016 03:21 GMT
#1045
Yeah I have a hard time calling hacks too. Its annoying but I'd rather just admit the other guy is better than me. Theres lots of people playing this game. Its not hard to find people better than you.

TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 10:09:46
January 24 2016 10:08 GMT
#1046
I was watching flom's stream and he was reviewing an overwatch case. The guy was so blatantly wall hacking it wasn't even funny, and yet he was bottom fragging for most of the match. He couldn't even time his awp shots correctly on the double door cross at the start of each round when he was on T (dust 2).

The type of people who resort to cheats in games are sub human imo.
Administrator
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 11:51:02
January 24 2016 11:50 GMT
#1047
On January 24 2016 06:49 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2016 05:48 Nagisama wrote:
Haven't played many blatant cheaters. Maybe <10 since I've started CSGO in 2013. Although, I'm usually of the mentality that unless they're running around spinning headshotting people, I'd just like to think they're better than me as opposed to they're cheating, so might lower my amount.

On the contrary, some like to just call hacks instant they get killed, which might make them claim they've played vs lots of "blatant" cheaters. So take anecdotal claims with a grain of salt.

RTS/Moba games somewhat harder to cheat in, because you still have to have the mechanical skill to use those cheats (mainly map hacks) and beat the opponent. Whereas in CS, you can have the cheat also do the aiming and shooting for you, and you just run around while it does all the work.


It's not that hard to spot a lot of the cheaters. Aimbotting is the more obvious one, but I honestly haven't faced many of those lately in mm, perhaps because of the obvious nature of it. But wallhacking have some major tells too. Prefiring around corners into positions the enemy doesn't usually stand? unreasonable reaction time? (say constantly hitting people through the crack in mid doors dust2. Not the doors, the crack). Always perfectly prepared for any enemy that comes around any corner? Anyone can get lucky sometimes, maybe often. But no one is perfectly lucky every single round.

If you've really only faced less than 10 cheaters since 2013, I wonder what rank and how often you actually play. I'll be the first to admit that some of the people I accuse could possibly just be really good or lucky, but a lot of the time I just face absolutely blatant hackers who do an incredibly poor job of hiding it.


It's also not that hard to call "cheating" what is simply good reflex / play. I know that, at my somewhat average level (LE -> MGE after the patch and a dozen of games), I've managed to land quite a few amazing reflex shots.

The example of "constantly hitting players through dust 2 mid doors" is quite telling. There are spots on these doors you can point at and you're sure to hit with the right timing once you see someone cross. Or with just timing. That's one of the least plausible example of hack to me.

I'm of those who consider that reporting should be only available in the replay function.
LiquipediaWanderer
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 12:18:12
January 24 2016 12:12 GMT
#1048
On January 24 2016 20:50 Ragnarork wrote:
The example of "constantly hitting players through dust 2 mid doors" is quite telling. There are spots on these doors you can point at and you're sure to hit with the right timing once you see someone cross. Or with just timing. That's one of the least plausible example of hack to me.


Basically absolutely no one has the ability to hit people jumping through the crack in the doors in dust2 mid with reaction time alone. I specify again, the crack, not through the door itself, which is easy. The way good players do it is that it generally takes 4 seconds to run from ct spawn and jump across, so you can time it and hope to get lucky. Just aiming randomly down there and somehow being lucky enough to kill people again and again and again is the most obvious telling point of a cheater I can think of.

I am willing to be proven wrong on this if you can find me a video of someone doing it regularly.

On January 24 2016 20:50 Ragnarork wrote:
I'm of those who consider that reporting should be only available in the replay function.


This I agree on. Most of my reports are based on suspicions, because I can't report them after I've watched the replay.
Howie_Dewitt
Profile Joined March 2014
United States1416 Posts
January 24 2016 14:17 GMT
#1049
I love smoking off b tunnel then getting headshot through the smoke as I run to the side so much fun
The most common hack I see is walls or being unaffected by smoke/flashes, and usually it's really obvious like someone blindly shooting through apartments on mirage and getting headshots when the terrorists have been shift walking without being seen
Sisyphus had a good gig going, the disappointment was predictable. | Visions of the Country (1978) is for when you're lost.
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
January 24 2016 14:44 GMT
#1050
On January 24 2016 23:17 Howie_Dewitt wrote:
I love smoking off b tunnel then getting headshot through the smoke as I run to the side so much fun
The most common hack I see is walls or being unaffected by smoke/flashes, and usually it's really obvious like someone blindly shooting through apartments on mirage and getting headshots when the terrorists have been shift walking without being seen

There's really no need for a wallhack when you smoke B tunnels and run right through.
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
January 24 2016 19:45 GMT
#1051
To be fair sometimes people are just really lucky. I've hit headshots spraying through smoke multiple times. It's not too hard if you have an idea where people might be playing. Like if the CT smoke off A main on Cache I usually spray towards quad, and I'm pretty sure I have got like 3-4 kills doing that.
Administrator
skftw
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada54 Posts
January 25 2016 02:35 GMT
#1052
most of the time the other player is a smurf. i am guilty of smurfing using my buddy's account to play with my friends and i easily get called a cheater once every 5 games with them. One of the biggest things i have noticed is that i just plainly outaim players and they call cheats when they miss 6 shots to the back and i turn around and headshot them. i remember i solo queued on that account once after the mm distribution update and we had 7 smurfs in the server. The ranks said mg1 but it was clearly a le game with pop flashes and one way smokes.
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2610 Posts
January 25 2016 08:29 GMT
#1053
As I got no proper answer in the Dreamhack thread:

Do you personally get 300 Dollars, when you plant the bomb after the time has run out?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
January 25 2016 09:43 GMT
#1054
On January 25 2016 17:29 chrisolo wrote:
As I got no proper answer in the Dreamhack thread:

Do you personally get 300 Dollars, when you plant the bomb after the time has run out?

Yes
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-25 10:02:52
January 25 2016 10:01 GMT
#1055
Yeah, luck is also a factor. That's why getting completely rekt one time shouldn't be suspicious. Even a few times. When it's consistent, then either it's a smurf (remember, hacks aside, "when luck becomes consistent, it's called skill"), or there's the chance that there's hacks involved.

Like, yesterday, that guy that landed deagle headshots shots all the time (he never even bought any rifle) was quite suspicious. Although I still consider him a smurf that just had good reaction timing and the correct angles/movement (mostly as CT when holding banana, I would think this can be correctly abused when you're good and you're facing average people...).
LiquipediaWanderer
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
January 25 2016 10:19 GMT
#1056
People that dont play every day are super inconsistent as well. I had games with 30+ kills and 50% headshots and a few days later games with <10 kills where a full magazine wasnt enough to kill a single guy.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 25 2016 12:03 GMT
#1057
On January 25 2016 17:29 chrisolo wrote:
As I got no proper answer in the Dreamhack thread:

Do you personally get 300 Dollars, when you plant the bomb after the time has run out?

Yes, but only personally.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-26 18:05:50
January 26 2016 18:04 GMT
#1058
I think for the people who claim they don't meet a lot of hackers: do some overwatch cases. Consider how many people you report to overwatch because they're slightly suspicious but you don't know for sure (which most people do), and then the fact that like half the overwatch cases are blatant hackers who aims at people through the walls and snaps onto targets. I'm sure there's a system in place that quickly tosses out a report once a couple of people have reported "insufficient evidence", which skews the numbers a bit. But still, there is just absolutely tons of hackers on the ladder.

Come to think of it: I've only seen overwatch cases for ladder matches. Does overwatch not exist for casual or dm? What about hackers that only play in those modes? Do they simply just never get caught?
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-26 18:26:52
January 26 2016 18:22 GMT
#1059
On January 27 2016 03:04 Excludos wrote:
I think for the people who claim they don't meet a lot of hackers: do some overwatch cases. Consider how many people you report to overwatch because they're slightly suspicious but you don't know for sure (which most people do), and then the fact that like half the overwatch cases are blatant hackers who aims at people through the walls and snaps onto targets. I'm sure there's a system in place that quickly tosses out a report once a couple of people have reported "insufficient evidence", which skews the numbers a bit. But still, there is just absolutely tons of hackers on the ladder.

Come to think of it: I've only seen overwatch cases for ladder matches. Does overwatch not exist for casual or dm? What about hackers that only play in those modes? Do they simply just never get caught?


I do overwatch cases all the time. I also go watch games where I got completely crushed because if anything I can learn things. I have never had any reason to suspect anyone that has handed my ass to me and it wasnt already obvious to all people on the server that the guy was cheating.

Most of the overwatch cases where I saw blatant hacking, didnt really even need overwatch. I wouldve been able to tell ingame. I do insufficient evidence more often than not.

I think in the last 10 or so cases Ive had maybe like 1 was blatant. The rest I all let pass because they just simply werent. Unless they were all very clever and purposely walked by people to get shot in the back, among other obvious signs that they werent.. In that case there isnt much you can do.

Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 26 2016 19:03 GMT
#1060
Overwatch is primarily for blatant hacking that isn't caught by VAC fast enough. You can't/shouldn't be convicting someone that's only suspiciously cheating.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Prev 1 51 52 53 54 55 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1334
ComeBackTV 637
SteadfastSC476
TaKeTV 391
LamboSC2263
IndyStarCraft 139
Rex138
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 476
LamboSC2 263
ProTech143
IndyStarCraft 139
Rex 138
BRAT_OK 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41777
Shuttle 2548
EffOrt 869
Horang2 785
Light 774
Mini 714
Soma 429
firebathero 349
Stork 344
BeSt 326
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 287
Snow 249
Rush 245
ggaemo 223
ZerO 167
Leta 153
Pusan 78
hero 75
Sharp 56
Killer 54
Shinee 39
sorry 39
Mind 37
Shine 32
Mong 31
ToSsGirL 30
Yoon 30
Bale 25
Trap 23
soO 22
Sexy 21
Terrorterran 19
Free 17
Sacsri 13
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9512
Dendi957
qojqva727
Fuzer 204
420jenkins144
Counter-Strike
markeloff712
fl0m331
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1991
crisheroes1264
XaKoH 172
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo921
Liquid`VortiX196
Hui .193
ArmadaUGS152
QueenE103
Mew2King94
Trikslyr24
Railgan20
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile114
• Gemini_19 10
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2173
League of Legends
• Nemesis2685
• Jankos2353
• TFBlade880
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
• Shiphtur64
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 1m
Stellar Fest
22h 1m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.