• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8975 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 50

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 73 Next
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 03 2016 20:27 GMT
#981
Don't think so.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
DeliverNamA
Profile Joined January 2016
7 Posts
January 04 2016 03:29 GMT
#982
What are some absolute monster guns you pretty much use to play for fun with and not competitively? Are there any Gatling gun-esque guns or any Gatling guns I can use?
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 04 2016 03:44 GMT
#983
You can buy the Negev on rounds where you have 7K+. Pretty silly though.
Writer@WriterYamato
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
January 04 2016 12:02 GMT
#984
Is there some sort of key bind I can make that can set my mic sensitivity from 100 to 12 or so?

Can`t think of any other potential ways to counter the CSGO mic sens bug.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 04 2016 14:35 GMT
#985
mic sens bug? iirc csgo mic is only push to talk.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
January 04 2016 23:54 GMT
#986
As in when you open CSGO and your Windows mic sens (from the system tray`s recording device settings menu) jumps from X to 100 and everyone you`re on Skype with goes deaf.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 05 2016 00:40 GMT
#987
oh right. i don't think i've ever had that problem, although i do know friends who have that problem, idk how they fixed it though.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Nixer
Profile Joined July 2011
2774 Posts
January 05 2016 15:06 GMT
#988
It should've been fixed ages ago, the old solution was to change the "voice_mixer_volume" value to > 1. It should be voice_mixer_volume "1" or something in the config file, you can change the value to whatever percentage you want (eg. 66% - "0.66").
Graphics
Howie_Dewitt
Profile Joined March 2014
United States1416 Posts
January 05 2016 23:13 GMT
#989
1. Is buying the AUG/SG worth the extra money for a new player to look down the sights compared to an ak or m4? I enjoy it a lot, but I'm worried that relying on the sights will screw with my accuracy on other guns.
2. When should I be walking vs running? If I don't know where people are, should I go slowly or just hope they don't hear me?
3. How do I get past an AWP with a good hiding spot? Whenever I go to smoke or flash, I get shot; should I go in through a different entrance or just give up?
4. Are any guns super accurate while moving? My keys are always sticking and cleaning them isn't really an option since it's a laptop. The only one that seems to be okay when running is the dual berettas so far.

Since I'm new and terrible, I would like simple answers.
Sisyphus had a good gig going, the disappointment was predictable. | Visions of the Country (1978) is for when you're lost.
waffelz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Germany711 Posts
January 05 2016 23:24 GMT
#990
On January 06 2016 08:13 Howie_Dewitt wrote:
3. How do I get past an AWP with a good hiding spot? Whenever I go to smoke or flash, I get shot; should I go in through a different entrance or just give up?


Don't run immediately after the smoke/flash. When I awp and get flashed/smoked off, I shoot when I think my opponent is running out and I get way to many kills that way. Also make sure that the awper is really flashed and not for just one second and the smoke covers your way properly.
RIP "The big travis CS degree thread", taken from us too soon | Honourable forum princess, defended by Rebs-approved white knights
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
January 06 2016 08:19 GMT
#991
On January 06 2016 08:13 Howie_Dewitt wrote:
1. Is buying the AUG/SG worth the extra money for a new player to look down the sights compared to an ak or m4? I enjoy it a lot, but I'm worried that relying on the sights will screw with my accuracy on other guns.
2. When should I be walking vs running? If I don't know where people are, should I go slowly or just hope they don't hear me?
3. How do I get past an AWP with a good hiding spot? Whenever I go to smoke or flash, I get shot; should I go in through a different entrance or just give up?
4. Are any guns super accurate while moving? My keys are always sticking and cleaning them isn't really an option since it's a laptop. The only one that seems to be okay when running is the dual berettas so far.

Since I'm new and terrible, I would like simple answers.


1. It probably doesn't matter a whole lot but if you want to get good with the ak/m4 use them instead.
2. Walk when people don't know where you are and you want to get a jump on them. You should run when you don't need
to hide your position. Also you should run when you are peeking a position.
3. Play more and learn all the common positions awps will be and learn how to throw a good flash to hit that position. Try to throw nades behind cover and don't expose yourself when throwing them if you can avoid it.
4. The smgs are probably what you're looking for. The p90 is an okay gun. Pistols are alright as well but probably not good enough for when you are on a buy round.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
January 06 2016 11:33 GMT
#992
On January 06 2016 08:13 Howie_Dewitt wrote:
1. Is buying the AUG/SG worth the extra money for a new player to look down the sights compared to an ak or m4? I enjoy it a lot, but I'm worried that relying on the sights will screw with my accuracy on other guns.
2. When should I be walking vs running? If I don't know where people are, should I go slowly or just hope they don't hear me?
3. How do I get past an AWP with a good hiding spot? Whenever I go to smoke or flash, I get shot; should I go in through a different entrance or just give up?
4. Are any guns super accurate while moving? My keys are always sticking and cleaning them isn't really an option since it's a laptop. The only one that seems to be okay when running is the dual berettas so far.

Since I'm new and terrible, I would like simple answers.


1) I`d give this one a solid maybe. The AUG got nerfed so its recoil is about as bad as the AK`s. People used it a lot before because its scope combined with its easy-to-control spray made it really strong, but right now the "best" CT gun is the M4A4 despite the AUG and the M4 costing similar amounts of money. The SG`s recoil pattern is outright retarded in that it goes diagonally down and left before evening out IIRC. Both the SG and the AK kill in one headshot, but the AK`s first 10 bullets are a lot easier to spray. The SG is also costs $600 more.

I`d say there`s more worth in just using the AK and M4.

PorkRaven covered 2 and 3 pretty well, but I`d like to add that, since you`re new and probably therefore in a lower skill bracket, you`re gonna get used to players not listening for noises or not having sound altogether. This`ll happen with people you`re with and against, but don`t get sucked into their antics and just play it smart.

4) I want to say the Mac-10/MP9 and MP7 are good while moving at close and close-mid range and that their damage deteriorates drastically as you get further away, but I`m really just not sure. The biggest thing about the CQB and the MP9 is that you move stupid fast while you have those guns out, which is pretty great if you throw that on top of their move-and-shoot accuracy.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
January 06 2016 11:47 GMT
#993
On January 06 2016 08:13 Howie_Dewitt wrote:
1. Is buying the AUG/SG worth the extra money for a new player to look down the sights compared to an ak or m4? I enjoy it a lot, but I'm worried that relying on the sights will screw with my accuracy on other guns.
2. When should I be walking vs running? If I don't know where people are, should I go slowly or just hope they don't hear me?
3. How do I get past an AWP with a good hiding spot? Whenever I go to smoke or flash, I get shot; should I go in through a different entrance or just give up?
4. Are any guns super accurate while moving? My keys are always sticking and cleaning them isn't really an option since it's a laptop. The only one that seems to be okay when running is the dual berettas so far.

Since I'm new and terrible, I would like simple answers.

1. no. they're not as cost effective as the ak/m4, but personal preference, and at low levels, cost effectiveness might not really matter. the sights aren't accurate once recoil kicks in anyways.
2. walk to be sneaky beaky like, run to be yolo like. the more you play, the more you'll get a feel of where are safe areas to walk, and where are safe areas to run. also, as a pet peeve, pls stop walking after you kill someone... it's no point (under most circumstances) because you've already given away your location by firing a weapon and killing the guy. maybe after a few seconds and you've fallen back to a safer location, you can walk again to be sneaky beaky like.
3. be more accurate than the awper, or flood it with bodies. how to face an awp usually doesn't result in a simple answer =\ just play more, or watch pros play and see how they deal with awps.
4. p90 all day errday!!!
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
January 06 2016 19:50 GMT
#994
Hi.

I have two steam accounts, and I'd like to add one of my friends from my main to my alt. How do I do that? How do I actually find them to add them. I have has profile loaded up on main, but I have no clue how to "link" it.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-06 20:00:47
January 06 2016 19:54 GMT
#995
Log in to your alt. Go to your main account profile. Look at friends list. Add friend. It helps if your alt is friends with your main.

Alternately you can post the link. There is an option to show the address bar which will allow you to copy paste.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-06 20:00:37
January 06 2016 20:00 GMT
#996
On January 07 2016 04:54 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Log in to your alt. Go to your main account profile. Look at friends list. Add friend.

It helps if your alt is friends with your main.


How do I go to my main account from my alt? How do I add my my alt to my main's friends list? I have no idea how to connect them without a link.

Essentially it's the exact same problem.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-06 20:13:15
January 06 2016 20:08 GMT
#997
On January 07 2016 05:00 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2016 04:54 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Log in to your alt. Go to your main account profile. Look at friends list. Add friend.

It helps if your alt is friends with your main.


How do I go to my main account from my alt? How do I add my my alt to my main's friends list? I have no idea how to connect them without a link.

Essentially it's the exact same problem.


Is there a reason you aren't just using the add friend button?

http://steamcommunity.com/search/users/

search name. Add friend.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
January 06 2016 20:14 GMT
#998
Because I can't be on their profile page without a link. My main already has them added.

Add friend can't work without a way of my alt to actually get to be on their profile page, or randomly hits them in solo queue. Do you get it now?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-06 20:16:46
January 06 2016 20:16 GMT
#999
On January 07 2016 05:14 Mozdk wrote:
Because I can't be on their profile page without a link. My main already has them added.

Add friend can't work without a way of my alt to actually get to be on their profile page, or randomly hits them in solo queue. Do you get it now?


[image loading]

the link above gets you to the same place
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
January 06 2016 20:20 GMT
#1000
I've found out how to do it now.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech116
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 378
Hyuk 290
Leta 123
Shinee 110
ZerO 90
actioN 77
soO 57
Mong 56
EffOrt 52
Zeus 50
[ Show more ]
Killer 45
Mind 44
ToSsGirL 34
sorry 30
Aegong 25
Bale 23
PianO 23
HiyA 17
ZergMaN 13
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Soma 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe102
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss465
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King239
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1682
Other Games
summit1g8026
gofns5147
olofmeister1325
singsing1059
ceh9583
Happy311
crisheroes290
ArmadaUGS110
Livibee100
ZerO(Twitch)6
DeMusliM1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick555
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream245
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH206
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Jankos1535
• Rush1317
• Stunt563
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
58m
OSC
3h 58m
Stellar Fest
3h 58m
OSC
14h 58m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.