• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:59
CEST 16:59
KST 23:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8048 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 49

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 73 Next
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-22 18:14:21
December 22 2015 18:13 GMT
#961
On December 23 2015 01:08 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 23:56 Rebs wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:55 decemberscalm wrote:
I'm loving the shorter bomb timer in MM. Sucks for the pros, but for us MM heroes its one step closer to making the game feel a little more strategic.

I wish they would put in this timer for the lower half of the MM population, and use pro timers for the upper half
.


Thats actually a really good idea now that I think about it.


It looks like something with too many variables and things to consider that its implementation would be quite impossible...

The idea is nice, but I cannot see how it could be implemented correctly without a lot of edge cases and/or complete nonsense (like someone from a lower rank playing in a game with the upper ranks timer).


I don't see the issue. Just have a straight cutoff. If anyone in your game is on or above that rank, the timer goes down. Which means that people right below the cutoff rank will be playing every other game with higher and lower bomb timer, which sucks, but it's really the only implementation you can do
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-22 20:02:29
December 22 2015 19:58 GMT
#962
On December 23 2015 03:13 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 23 2015 01:08 Ragnarork wrote:
On December 22 2015 23:56 Rebs wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:55 decemberscalm wrote:
I'm loving the shorter bomb timer in MM. Sucks for the pros, but for us MM heroes its one step closer to making the game feel a little more strategic.

I wish they would put in this timer for the lower half of the MM population, and use pro timers for the upper half
.


Thats actually a really good idea now that I think about it.


It looks like something with too many variables and things to consider that its implementation would be quite impossible...

The idea is nice, but I cannot see how it could be implemented correctly without a lot of edge cases and/or complete nonsense (like someone from a lower rank playing in a game with the upper ranks timer).


I don't see the issue. Just have a straight cutoff. If anyone in your game is on or above that rank, the timer goes down. Which means that people right below the cutoff rank will be playing every other game with higher and lower bomb timer, which sucks, but it's really the only implementation you can do


And its not that bad a deal, because if you want to get to that higher level then adjusting to those things should be a relevant factor.

Honestly having games with MG2's and LE's in the same game is way more stupid than people having to deal with bomb and round timers. And if your stacking with friends etc, then you just deal with it.


On December 23 2015 01:08 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2015 23:56 Rebs wrote:
On December 22 2015 20:55 decemberscalm wrote:
I'm loving the shorter bomb timer in MM. Sucks for the pros, but for us MM heroes its one step closer to making the game feel a little more strategic.

I wish they would put in this timer for the lower half of the MM population, and use pro timers for the upper half
.


Thats actually a really good idea now that I think about it.


It looks like something with too many variables and things to consider that its implementation would be quite impossible...

The idea is nice, but I cannot see how it could be implemented correctly without a lot of edge cases and/or complete nonsense (like someone from a lower rank playing in a game with the upper ranks timer).


Thats not really alot of edge cases. Thats one of a few edge cases, and Excludos addressed it nicely. Before the patch I dont remember any game I played that wasnt all LE/LEM unless people were qued together. Its a very recent thing and probably something to do with how they adjusted the MMR, it should balance out (hopefully)
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-23 07:01:57
December 23 2015 06:58 GMT
#963
Have it default to whatever the highest rank is. If lower level players are going to play with people in a rank with higher bomb timers, they will need to step it up and start getting used to the big boy clock.

When a lower level player enters a game with a shorter bomb timer, his goal is to graduate to the higher ranked skill group anyways. There will be a transition of how a player needs to step up his game bomb timer change or not. (Unless we're talking one super high ranked guy queing with his awful awful buddies, but we need unranked for that horrible mess)

Have it display during warmup and start of the game what the bomb timer will be set to. EZ PZ.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
December 23 2015 16:46 GMT
#964
I've been more or less offline for 10 days because I was moving. I just set up my computer yesterday and started playing again insta (CS and SC2).

Just to be completely sure:

The rifle changes have been rolled back right?

I played as far as the r8 getting nerfed. Did the pistols get rolled back too?

Is there anything else I should know?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
b3nd3r
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany158 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-23 17:07:30
December 23 2015 17:03 GMT
#965
On December 24 2015 01:46 Mozdk wrote:
The rifle changes have been rolled back right?

Yes

On December 24 2015 01:46 Mozdk wrote:
I played as far as the r8 getting nerfed. Did the pistols get rolled back too?

Yes

On December 24 2015 01:46 Mozdk wrote:
Is there anything else I should know?

Ranking system was adjusted.

Valve's statement:
+ Show Spoiler +
"We did initiate a slow shift of the Skill Group boundaries recently, due to an increase in players and a substantial upward drift over time in the skill groups distribution. While this won’t impact the quality of your matches (you are matched based on an underlying rank value and not the visible Skill Group), many players will experience a change in their Skill Group as the distribution returns to a bell curve centered approximately at Gold Nova 4. We also shipped a recent update that will automatically monitor and maintain consistency of the players skill groups distribution. That should eliminate the need to make such disruptive boundary adjustments in the future."

---
For full details on the recent changes: http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/category/updates/
Sweet photons. I don't know if you're waves or particles, but you go down smooth.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
December 23 2015 17:11 GMT
#966
Thanks b3nd3r. You're a saint!
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
December 23 2015 21:48 GMT
#967
On December 24 2015 01:46 Mozdk wrote:
I've been more or less offline for 10 days because I was moving. I just set up my computer yesterday and started playing again insta (CS and SC2).

Just to be completely sure:

The rifle changes have been rolled back right?

I played as far as the r8 getting nerfed. Did the pistols get rolled back too?

Is there anything else I should know?


Both rifles and pistols got rolled back. The r8 nerf is still in effect tho.
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2610 Posts
December 27 2015 21:18 GMT
#968
I just started to play. Now I reached Rank 3, but I am too afraid of Competetive (lol..). Anyone got tips for the first competetive games? I am coming originally from CS1.6 and I feel sooo noobish compared to 1.6. I would rofl-stomp (16-0) my CS:GO skill in 1.6, so I am just unsure of my own skill.

Man it is so frustrating to feel so utterly trash, when you were kind of decent before.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
December 27 2015 21:38 GMT
#969
On December 28 2015 06:18 chrisolo wrote:
I just started to play. Now I reached Rank 3, but I am too afraid of Competetive (lol..). Anyone got tips for the first competetive games? I am coming originally from CS1.6 and I feel sooo noobish compared to 1.6. I would rofl-stomp (16-0) my CS:GO skill in 1.6, so I am just unsure of my own skill.

Man it is so frustrating to feel so utterly trash, when you were kind of decent before.



Just go with it. It's just a MM, many people don't even take that seriously. If you want to do well, just try to communicate with your team properly, hold angles, don't do stupid stuff you won't do in 1.6. And most importantly, have fun
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
December 27 2015 21:50 GMT
#970
On December 28 2015 06:18 chrisolo wrote:
I just started to play. Now I reached Rank 3, but I am too afraid of Competetive (lol..). Anyone got tips for the first competetive games? I am coming originally from CS1.6 and I feel sooo noobish compared to 1.6. I would rofl-stomp (16-0) my CS:GO skill in 1.6, so I am just unsure of my own skill.

Man it is so frustrating to feel so utterly trash, when you were kind of decent before.

Just play.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-30 09:09:44
December 30 2015 09:06 GMT
#971
It happend twice in a row but I still cant believe it. Is it impossible to throw a smoke through a molotov?
My smoke goes off prematurely and smokes the wrong area. It's a wallbang next to the fire.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
December 30 2015 09:57 GMT
#972
On December 30 2015 18:06 Yrr wrote:
It happend twice in a row but I still cant believe it. Is it impossible to throw a smoke through a molotov?
My smoke goes off prematurely and smokes the wrong area. It's a wallbang next to the fire.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but a smoke pops when it hits a molotov.
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
December 30 2015 09:59 GMT
#973
On December 30 2015 18:57 iXphobos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2015 18:06 Yrr wrote:
It happend twice in a row but I still cant believe it. Is it impossible to throw a smoke through a molotov?
My smoke goes off prematurely and smokes the wrong area. It's a wallbang next to the fire.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but a smoke pops when it hits a molotov.

Yeah thats what I meant. thx.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-30 10:19:23
December 30 2015 10:17 GMT
#974
Makes me think of that awesome (yet quite overkill) molotov Anders showed on Inferno: basically, you molly the roof around banana so that the smoke thrown from CT pops on the roof instead of cutting banana's entry. :>

+ Show Spoiler +
LiquipediaWanderer
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
December 30 2015 12:33 GMT
#975
On December 30 2015 18:59 Yrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2015 18:57 iXphobos wrote:
On December 30 2015 18:06 Yrr wrote:
It happend twice in a row but I still cant believe it. Is it impossible to throw a smoke through a molotov?
My smoke goes off prematurely and smokes the wrong area. It's a wallbang next to the fire.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but a smoke pops when it hits a molotov.

Yeah thats what I meant. thx.

It's supposed to? A smoke grenade is supposed to put out a molotov. If a smoke grenade touches a molotov, it'll go off early, and put out the fire. If the fire still stays below the smoke, then that's a bug.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
December 30 2015 12:48 GMT
#976
On December 30 2015 21:33 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2015 18:59 Yrr wrote:
On December 30 2015 18:57 iXphobos wrote:
On December 30 2015 18:06 Yrr wrote:
It happend twice in a row but I still cant believe it. Is it impossible to throw a smoke through a molotov?
My smoke goes off prematurely and smokes the wrong area. It's a wallbang next to the fire.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but a smoke pops when it hits a molotov.

Yeah thats what I meant. thx.

It's supposed to? A smoke grenade is supposed to put out a molotov. If a smoke grenade touches a molotov, it'll go off early, and put out the fire. If the fire still stays below the smoke, then that's a bug.

I didnt know that a smoke goes off early in such a case.
In my situation I want to wallbang a smoke around a corner. But the Smoke goes off when it hits the wall because there is a molotov burning on the ground next to the wall. I dont care about the fire I want to block an angle with my smoke. Maybe I have to hit the wall a little higher to circumwent the flames.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
December 30 2015 22:11 GMT
#977
Anyone else DC'ing like crazy atm?

I just played a match and everything was fine for everyone, and now I joined a new game, and all 10 players are DC'ing. Happened 3 times during warm up.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
January 03 2016 13:47 GMT
#978
Quick question: Is there a way to get CS:GO matches on the sidebar in TL?
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
January 03 2016 13:54 GMT
#979
scroll all the way down. At the bottom of the sidebar is a settings button.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Loanshark
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
China3094 Posts
January 03 2016 20:25 GMT
#980
On January 03 2016 22:54 Yrr wrote:
scroll all the way down. At the bottom of the sidebar is a settings button.


Thanks! But I guess there's no way to do it on LiquidDota, which is what I usually browse?
No dough, no go. And no mercy.
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1334
ComeBackTV 637
SteadfastSC476
TaKeTV 391
LamboSC2263
IndyStarCraft 139
Rex138
EnkiAlexander 55
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 476
LamboSC2 263
ProTech143
IndyStarCraft 139
Rex 138
BRAT_OK 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41777
Shuttle 2548
EffOrt 869
Horang2 785
Light 774
Mini 714
Soma 429
firebathero 349
Stork 344
BeSt 326
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 287
Snow 249
Rush 245
ggaemo 223
ZerO 167
Leta 153
Pusan 78
hero 75
Sharp 56
Killer 54
Shinee 39
sorry 39
Mind 37
Shine 32
Mong 31
ToSsGirL 30
Yoon 30
Bale 25
Trap 23
soO 22
Sexy 21
Terrorterran 19
Free 17
Sacsri 13
zelot 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Noble 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9512
Dendi957
qojqva727
Fuzer 204
420jenkins144
Counter-Strike
markeloff712
fl0m331
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1991
crisheroes1264
XaKoH 172
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo921
Liquid`VortiX196
Hui .193
ArmadaUGS152
QueenE103
Mew2King94
Trikslyr24
Railgan20
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile114
• Gemini_19 10
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 16
• FirePhoenix9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2173
League of Legends
• Nemesis2685
• Jankos2353
• TFBlade880
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
• Shiphtur64
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 1m
Stellar Fest
22h 1m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.