• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:00
CEST 07:00
KST 14:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6090 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 47

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 73 Next
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-25 23:55:41
November 25 2015 23:55 GMT
#921
I think the issue with MR5 is that it's way longer to determine a winner, especially if you go to double OT.

While with an MR3, it's quite faster, and not that different (money is more a concern, but that will mostly affect the last buy IF a team lose two in a row, and depending on how many people died). Even a double MR3 OT is quite fast to play.

And yes, as a tournament organiser, MR3 will always be better schedule-wise (unless you want to afford MR5).
LiquipediaWanderer
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-11-28 08:33:36
November 28 2015 08:33 GMT
#922
Is there a way to find and watch replays from your own games that took place before the last on your recent games list? Or maybe a tool like SC2gears that keeps track of them?
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
November 28 2015 08:53 GMT
#923
This is a real noob question, but is it even possible to get StatTrak drops? I mean without opening cases. Just as pure weapon drops.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
November 28 2015 09:07 GMT
#924
On November 28 2015 17:33 jtype wrote:
Is there a way to find and watch replays from your own games that took place before the last on your recent games list? Or maybe a tool like SC2gears that keeps track of them?

No.
On November 28 2015 17:53 Mozdk wrote:
This is a real noob question, but is it even possible to get StatTrak drops? I mean without opening cases. Just as pure weapon drops.

No.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
November 28 2015 16:36 GMT
#925
What are some practice maps y'all recommend?

I already have a few, but just wanna ask in case I'm missing any good ones.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
lIlIlIlIlIlI
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Korea (South)3851 Posts
November 28 2015 20:13 GMT
#926
--- Nuked ---
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
November 28 2015 20:47 GMT
#927
On November 29 2015 05:13 randomKo_Orean wrote:
The game won't let me confirm a match (no accept button, and then I get kicked out of matchmaking).

Tried changing setting->in-game->ping shit, resetting the router, and putting the +27007 shit. Nothing's working. Any other ideas?

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3ua750/current_issues_with_mmnovember_2526/#notice
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
lIlIlIlIlIlI
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Korea (South)3851 Posts
November 28 2015 20:54 GMT
#928
--- Nuked ---
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
November 28 2015 21:30 GMT
#929
If I only have a pistol and walk over an SMG or rifle my guy picks it up and equips. Is there a setting to stop the auto-equip. I die to this a lot.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
November 28 2015 21:35 GMT
#930
cl_autowepswitch 0
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
November 28 2015 21:37 GMT
#931
On November 29 2015 01:36 xxsaznpride wrote:
What are some practice maps y'all recommend?

I already have a few, but just wanna ask in case I'm missing any good ones.

Aim botz on the workshop is my personal favorite
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
November 28 2015 22:14 GMT
#932
On November 29 2015 06:35 Nagisama wrote:
cl_autowepswitch 0


Thank you sir.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
November 29 2015 01:16 GMT
#933
On November 29 2015 07:14 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2015 06:35 Nagisama wrote:
cl_autowepswitch 0


Thank you sir.


There's an option for this in the menu as well: "Auto switch on pickup" on or off
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
November 29 2015 01:32 GMT
#934
On November 29 2015 10:16 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2015 07:14 Mozdk wrote:
On November 29 2015 06:35 Nagisama wrote:
cl_autowepswitch 0


Thank you sir.


There's an option for this in the menu as well: "Auto switch on pickup" on or off


I just used the scribt thing. It worked, so there is no need.


A whole other sort of question.


When I play dust2, mariage, cache: I always feel like a have a real chance to clutch 1v3 on either side. But somehow inferno (and cobble), I always feel like I can't. Like there is no chance of win 1v3. There is something about Inferno, that make these situations much harder. What is it?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
December 02 2015 01:19 GMT
#935
A map can be made in such a way that it exacerbates advantages that the Xv1 gets in clutch scenarios.

So when you're clutching, best case scenario is taking everyone on 1v1 where you are pre-aiming their angle. You have the best chance at killing each person so it makes it seem possible. The easiness of the clutch depends on how readily you can force those situations to happen.

Dust2 is simple, simple angles, and very well known passive spots (aka 'gay spots'). In contrast, Inferno is much more complex with little pockets to hide in. And the sites (where a clutch is most likely to happen) have a ton of passives spots to hide and they force you to go into more potential cross fires. B is just a nightmare 1v2+, and if your enemy has pit on A then you will have to fight them before getting more favorable angles.

It's not really a simple question, and I don't think making the answer any more complex would be appropriate for this thread. There are multiple types of clutches that are determined by which side you are on, whether bomb is planted, where your enemies are, and how much information you have, but that gets really granular. Each one can be addressed for each map, and most of it comes from experience. I don't think its a coincidence that dust2 and cache or comfortable for you, because those are the most popular maps at the time.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Artesimo
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany627 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-03 05:01:05
December 03 2015 04:49 GMT
#936
Any idea why I seem to be unable to get stable 140+ fps? My system:
CPU: i7 860 @ 2.93Ghz
GPU: GTX 980 (way overpowered compared to my CPU I know, but I got it for the same price taht I would have paid for the card I wanted to buy initially)
OS: Win 8.1
RAM: 8GB

I know that my CPU is quite old and that GO is more CPU-focused, but still... I got stable 135FPS before and the only thing I changed was going from 1680x1050 to 1920x1080 which I assumed would only put more weight on my GPU.

My settings:
global shadow quality = high
shader detail = high
multicore rendering = activated (already tried switching it off, no effect)
AA : 2x MSAA (occacionally get weird flickering on textures in the distance if I deactivate it)
texture filtering: trilinear (weirdly gives me better max fps than bilinear)

I have no clue whats up with my fps since they tend to drop at the most random times, while spectating it is the worst:
Guy looks towards pit from goose on d2 -> solid 135fps+
Guy looks at the ground -> drop in fps, had it go below 100 on occacions.

I already tried tinkering around with "-threads X", I use "cl_forcepreload 1" and "-high"
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
December 03 2015 06:27 GMT
#937
On November 29 2015 10:32 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2015 10:16 Excludos wrote:
On November 29 2015 07:14 Mozdk wrote:
On November 29 2015 06:35 Nagisama wrote:
cl_autowepswitch 0


Thank you sir.


There's an option for this in the menu as well: "Auto switch on pickup" on or off


I just used the scribt thing. It worked, so there is no need.


A whole other sort of question.


When I play dust2, mariage, cache: I always feel like a have a real chance to clutch 1v3 on either side. But somehow inferno (and cobble), I always feel like I can't. Like there is no chance of win 1v3. There is something about Inferno, that make these situations much harder. What is it?

Like Camail said, design of the map, or maybe you're not as comfortable in how enemies may approach certain situations. Depending on the situation, there's more one and done spots that just makes clutching harder. More angles to check, and more complicated angles (running into crossfires, poor visibility tri/new box/emo/dark corner/pit/dark room in Inferno, etc).

On December 03 2015 13:49 Artesimo wrote:
Any idea why I seem to be unable to get stable 140+ fps? My system:
CPU: i7 860 @ 2.93Ghz
GPU: GTX 980 (way overpowered compared to my CPU I know, but I got it for the same price taht I would have paid for the card I wanted to buy initially)
OS: Win 8.1
RAM: 8GB

I know that my CPU is quite old and that GO is more CPU-focused, but still... I got stable 135FPS before and the only thing I changed was going from 1680x1050 to 1920x1080 which I assumed would only put more weight on my GPU.

My settings:
global shadow quality = high
shader detail = high
multicore rendering = activated (already tried switching it off, no effect)
AA : 2x MSAA (occacionally get weird flickering on textures in the distance if I deactivate it)
texture filtering: trilinear (weirdly gives me better max fps than bilinear)

I have no clue whats up with my fps since they tend to drop at the most random times, while spectating it is the worst:
Guy looks towards pit from goose on d2 -> solid 135fps+
Guy looks at the ground -> drop in fps, had it go below 100 on occacions.

I already tried tinkering around with "-threads X", I use "cl_forcepreload 1" and "-high"

The fps from res change is also affected by your CPU, just because it's CPU bottlenecked game. Can't say exactly what else might be the prob. The video setting sections say what each setting affects (CPU/GPU). Ttry lowering those that depend on CPU.

Otherwise, not really sure. Maybe try your luck over at http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/tech-support/
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-03 10:04:03
December 03 2015 10:02 GMT
#938
On December 03 2015 13:49 Artesimo wrote:
Any idea why I seem to be unable to get stable 140+ fps? My system:
CPU: i7 860 @ 2.93Ghz
GPU: GTX 980 (way overpowered compared to my CPU I know, but I got it for the same price taht I would have paid for the card I wanted to buy initially)
OS: Win 8.1
RAM: 8GB

I know that my CPU is quite old and that GO is more CPU-focused, but still... I got stable 135FPS before and the only thing I changed was going from 1680x1050 to 1920x1080 which I assumed would only put more weight on my GPU.

My settings:
global shadow quality = high
shader detail = high
multicore rendering = activated (already tried switching it off, no effect)
AA : 2x MSAA (occacionally get weird flickering on textures in the distance if I deactivate it)
texture filtering: trilinear (weirdly gives me better max fps than bilinear)

I have no clue whats up with my fps since they tend to drop at the most random times, while spectating it is the worst:
Guy looks towards pit from goose on d2 -> solid 135fps+
Guy looks at the ground -> drop in fps, had it go below 100 on occacions.

I already tried tinkering around with "-threads X", I use "cl_forcepreload 1" and "-high"

Like Nagi said it's your CPU. Changing the res caused the frame drop cause your CPU is bottlenecking even more.
Why not go back to 1680? I mean the difference in quality is minimal and you have your +144 fps. (that you need for your 144Hz monitor i assume)
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-12-03 10:04:18
December 03 2015 10:03 GMT
#939
doublepost
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
December 04 2015 16:25 GMT
#940
Sometimes if I tab during loading of map, I end up with no radar in game. Is there anywhere to make it come back, or am I stuck without a radar for the whole game. It has not happened in competitive yet, but it must be a known bug, as often as it has happened to me. At least 5 times.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft406
RuFF_SC2 194
Nina 89
-ZergGirl 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2067
sorry 39
Bale 26
910 17
yabsab 13
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
NotJumperer 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1122
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox784
Other Games
summit1g7971
WinterStarcraft353
C9.Mang0262
Livibee161
Sick129
Maynarde127
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Stunt405
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h
Stellar Fest
8h
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.