• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:21
CEST 05:21
KST 12:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6594 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 40

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 73 Next
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 22 2015 02:10 GMT
#781
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 22 2015 02:34 GMT
#782
On October 22 2015 11:10 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)


5 definately feels off. Isn't "f" already bound?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-22 04:23:41
October 22 2015 04:23 GMT
#783
On October 22 2015 11:34 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 11:10 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)


5 definately feels off. Isn't "f" already bound?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/cs-go/253890-counter-strike-global-offensive?page=978#19543

Another option.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 22 2015 06:37 GMT
#784
On October 22 2015 13:23 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 11:34 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 11:10 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)


5 definately feels off. Isn't "f" already bound?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/cs-go/253890-counter-strike-global-offensive?page=978#19543

Another option.


That's advanced :D
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-22 08:15:30
October 22 2015 08:14 GMT
#785
On October 22 2015 13:23 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 11:34 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 11:10 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)


5 definately feels off. Isn't "f" already bound?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/cs-go/253890-counter-strike-global-offensive?page=978#19543

Another option.

Just keep reading from there. Some of us posted our layout there.
You get used to it pretty fast, don't worry.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
October 22 2015 08:51 GMT
#786
On October 22 2015 15:37 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 13:23 Nagisama wrote:
On October 22 2015 11:34 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 11:10 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)


5 definately feels off. Isn't "f" already bound?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/cs-go/253890-counter-strike-global-offensive?page=978#19543

Another option.


That's advanced :D


There's more in the post. There's a lot of room around WASD to play with to add shortcuts. I typically use Q for flashbangs, esp. because that's sometimes a grenade that needs to be pulled really quickly (e.g. you got a frag, but they were two pushing, need to grab it fast, right click and get the hell out ^_^)
LiquipediaWanderer
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 22 2015 11:06 GMT
#787
On October 22 2015 17:51 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 15:37 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 13:23 Nagisama wrote:
On October 22 2015 11:34 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 11:10 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)


5 definately feels off. Isn't "f" already bound?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/cs-go/253890-counter-strike-global-offensive?page=978#19543

Another option.


That's advanced :D


There's more in the post. There's a lot of room around WASD to play with to add shortcuts. I typically use Q for flashbangs, esp. because that's sometimes a grenade that needs to be pulled really quickly (e.g. you got a frag, but they were two pushing, need to grab it fast, right click and get the hell out ^_^)


I like what Q does on default. And my hands are very used to it.

F for fashes seems like something I will learn fast. I have to use my brain when I flash now, but it comes fairly natural actually. So it will be on the backbone in no time.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 22 2015 11:33 GMT
#788
On October 22 2015 11:34 Mozdk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 11:10 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)


5 definately feels off. Isn't "f" already bound?


F is by default bound to "inspect weapon". While I understand that flipping your balisong around totally makes you a better player (;p), you really don't need it in the immediate vicinity of wasd, so you can safely move it a bit further away.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 22 2015 11:36 GMT
#789
On October 22 2015 13:23 Nagisama wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 11:34 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 11:10 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)


5 definately feels off. Isn't "f" already bound?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/cs-go/253890-counter-strike-global-offensive?page=978#19543

Another option.


I like this one too. Not like scroll is used for anything sensible either unless you're a surf player.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 22 2015 12:46 GMT
#790
On October 22 2015 20:33 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2015 11:34 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 11:10 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:50 Mozdk wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:33 Excludos wrote:
On October 22 2015 09:20 Mozdk wrote:
Do people use separate binds for flashes, smokes and HE's?


Yes. Especially for the flash if none of the others.


Yeah that was how it came up. Was trying double flashes on long and b on dust2, but couldn't really get it right.

I guess I will try to bind flashes to 5 in stead.


I'm not going to tell you how to play, but 5 is really far away, and in an fps like cs:go you're basically not using any of the buttons around wasd except for q to quickswap, r to reload, g to drop and e to interact. That leaves you a ton of buttons for voicechat and nades (f for flash for an example is what I use. Inspect weapon doesn't need to be within fingers reach in a firefight)


5 definately feels off. Isn't "f" already bound?


F is by default bound to "inspect weapon". While I understand that flipping your balisong around totally makes you a better player (;p), you really don't need it in the immediate vicinity of wasd, so you can safely move it a bit further away.


yeah I just moved inspect to h, which afaik isn't used.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
October 22 2015 16:09 GMT
#791
Inspect weapon is bound to T in my case. I don't even remember what's the default action for Q though :x
LiquipediaWanderer
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 22 2015 16:25 GMT
#792
On October 23 2015 01:09 Ragnarork wrote:
Inspect weapon is bound to T in my case. I don't even remember what's the default action for Q though :x


Fast weapon switch, one of the more useful buttons in my opinion.
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
October 22 2015 16:59 GMT
#793
On October 23 2015 01:25 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 01:09 Ragnarork wrote:
Inspect weapon is bound to T in my case. I don't even remember what's the default action for Q though :x


Fast weapon switch, one of the more useful buttons in my opinion.


Its a pretty staple thing its actually previous weapon. Every hotkey is technically a fast weapon switch :p
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-22 21:42:00
October 22 2015 21:40 GMT
#794
On October 23 2015 01:59 Rebs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2015 01:25 Excludos wrote:
On October 23 2015 01:09 Ragnarork wrote:
Inspect weapon is bound to T in my case. I don't even remember what's the default action for Q though :x


Fast weapon switch, one of the more useful buttons in my opinion.


Its a pretty staple thing its actually previous weapon. Every hotkey is technically a fast weapon switch :p


If you practice not using it, I'm sure you can be as quick as with it, however the fact that you can bind any weapon to Q by simply switching to it beforehand is really useful in my opinion.

But yeh, it's previous weapon. Dunno why I call it anything else :p
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
October 22 2015 21:45 GMT
#795
I know seangares unbound quick switch, it leaves room for error(ex. if you forgot your last weapon was your knife and you needed your pistol). So it's not a universally beneficial input.

I've made it a habit that whenever I switch to my primary I press 2 then 1 so my quick switch is always to my pistol, unless I'm awping and want the knife for movement between shots.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
October 22 2015 23:29 GMT
#796
On October 23 2015 06:45 Camail wrote:
I know seangares unbound quick switch, it leaves room for error(ex. if you forgot your last weapon was your knife and you needed your pistol). So it's not a universally beneficial input.

I've made it a habit that whenever I switch to my primary I press 2 then 1 so my quick switch is always to my pistol, unless I'm awping and want the knife for movement between shots.


Well Sean Gares isnt something you want to aspire to mechanically. Ive never had the problem of quick switching into something I dont want tbh. I dont think thats a common concern.

Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 23 2015 01:25 GMT
#797
I heard in some random video, that after 40 levels, you can reset it. Will this mean that I have to get rank 3 again to be able to play comp? It wont right?`

And if I do not reset, will I still get skins/cases?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-23 01:47:02
October 23 2015 01:45 GMT
#798
(Wiki)
On October 23 2015 10:25 Mozdk wrote:
I heard in some random video, that after 40 levels, you can reset it. Will this mean that I have to get rank 3 again to be able to play comp? It wont right?`

And if I do not reset, will I still get skins/cases?


Rank doesn't impact drops whatsoever, and no, you won't have to rank up to rank 3 to play comp again. All it does is give you a 2015 service badge that you can flaunt to your friends.

Edit: If you don't reset, since 40 is max, you wont get a random drop at the end of every level anymore..so there is literally no reason not to do it
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
October 23 2015 08:53 GMT
#799
Sweet, I'm level 35 already.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 23 2015 17:24 GMT
#800
From 3-12 at half to 10-15 to 14-15 to 14-16. So disappointing!!

T side on Cache seems good. At least in that game it was OP.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2393
NotJumperer 12
Noble 10
Dota 2
monkeys_forever919
NeuroSwarm196
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft297
Other Games
summit1g6944
Coldzera 773
JimRising 657
C9.Mang0397
PiGStarcraft249
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1039
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream328
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo750
• Rush411
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 40m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 40m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.