• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:34
CEST 16:34
KST 23:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7959 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 42

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 73 Next
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 25 2015 14:23 GMT
#821
I saw a video from 3kliksphilip about video settings for a wider target. How commonly is this used by the average high level player (non-pro)?

I tried it, but it looked very ugly to me, but if it's something, that is absolutely needed to compete, I might as well get used to it. Not that I have any ambitions, but I like to do my best.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-25 14:32:05
October 25 2015 14:30 GMT
#822
On October 25 2015 23:23 Mozdk wrote:
I saw a video from 3kliksphilip about video settings for a wider target. How commonly is this used by the average high level player (non-pro)?

I tried it, but it looked very ugly to me, but if it's something, that is absolutely needed to compete, I might as well get used to it. Not that I have any ambitions, but I like to do my best.


Please don't. It hasn't been a thing since 1.6. You lose too much information/sideview by playing 4:3. Nothing is more frustrating than spectating someone who can't see any of the enemies because "I play 4:3".
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
October 25 2015 15:13 GMT
#823
On October 25 2015 23:23 Mozdk wrote:
I saw a video from 3kliksphilip about video settings for a wider target. How commonly is this used by the average high level player (non-pro)?

I tried it, but it looked very ugly to me, but if it's something, that is absolutely needed to compete, I might as well get used to it. Not that I have any ambitions, but I like to do my best.

It's personal preference. Some pros "use 4:3" because that's how they're used to playing even back in CS 1.6. Sure some heads are larger if you play 4:3 stretched on a widescreen monitor, but then you run into situations like this
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 25 2015 15:17 GMT
#824
Great guys. I'm just happy I can continue playing as I do.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
October 25 2015 17:13 GMT
#825
I play 4:3. Although that's mostly because I play on a shitty laptop. And 4:3 is still very much a thing.
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-25 17:33:08
October 25 2015 17:30 GMT
#826
I play 4:3 as well. I like bigger heads and less distraction on the sides.
That Allu thing is super rare, because you should properly check every corner anyways. (beside that Allu is just blind in that situation)
I think it's worng to tell people not not play 4:3. It's totally a preference thing. Just try it out and use the one you like better.
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-25 17:32:43
October 25 2015 17:32 GMT
#827
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 25 2015 18:03 GMT
#828
On October 26 2015 02:30 iXphobos wrote:
I play 4:3 as well. I like bigger heads and less distraction on the sides.
That Allu thing is super rare, because you should properly check every corner anyways. (beside that Allu is just blind in that situation)
I think it's worng to tell people not not play 4:3. It's totally a preference thing. Just try it out and use the one you like better.


I don't disagree completely, but the amount of times I've seen people ignore enemies they should have seen because of 4:3 is just astonishing. If you have the computer and screen to play in proper resolution, and you don't carry a baggage of having played 4:3 all your life, I don't support starting it now just because some pro's do it.
shin_toss
Profile Joined May 2010
Philippines2589 Posts
October 26 2015 09:10 GMT
#829
How to get rid of choke? I've been playing CS:GO for 2 + years. but I started getting this choke just this past few weeks, sometimes i get up to 15%. I have low ping and doesnt lag in other games. sometimes when I even have lag its pretty tolerable, but choke is not, it even affects my own model movement. Could it be my router??
AKMU / IU
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
October 26 2015 09:33 GMT
#830
On October 26 2015 03:03 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2015 02:30 iXphobos wrote:
I play 4:3 as well. I like bigger heads and less distraction on the sides.
That Allu thing is super rare, because you should properly check every corner anyways. (beside that Allu is just blind in that situation)
I think it's worng to tell people not not play 4:3. It's totally a preference thing. Just try it out and use the one you like better.


I don't disagree completely, but the amount of times I've seen people ignore enemies they should have seen because of 4:3 is just astonishing. If you have the computer and screen to play in proper resolution, and you don't carry a baggage of having played 4:3 all your life, I don't support starting it now just because some pro's do it.

I really have to disagree now. "Astonishing" is quite an exaggeration. I can't recall a single time where this happened to me or my freinds (a lot of them play 4:3 as well) in the last months or so. A few points for you to consider:

1. the smaller image keeps your focus on the crosshair where it (95% of the time) should be
2. and it helps you to check corners properly
3. wider player models are easier to aim at
4. on maps like Dust2 or Inferno there are almost zero spots or situations in which a widescreen resolution would help you spot a player you would miss on 4:3
5. on ~LEM and above it doesn't matter if you spot an enemy on the edge of your screen anyways, because you should be dead immediately

When it comes to graphics and resolution there's a lot of pros and cons for various settings. Of course there are some total no-goes (Vsync i'm looking at you), but a lot comes down to personal preference.
Similar to finding your optimal key binds i recommend testing some settings and in the end stick with the one you feel most comfortable with.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-26 11:00:44
October 26 2015 10:56 GMT
#831
I still think it comes mostly to a tradeoff between bigger models (though that's not a real increase, because the image is stretched, dunno how that plays out), and a bigger FoV, and I would definitely prefer the second one. I disagree that you're never in situation where you'd be dead anyway, or where it'd be pointless to have it.

As already said: I see no reason to go for 4:3 when you start CS:GO, except if you're coming from earlier CS on which you played with 4:3. And as for many other thing: test it. There's no better way to find out which configuration suits you the best.
LiquipediaWanderer
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-26 14:09:00
October 26 2015 14:07 GMT
#832
On October 26 2015 18:33 iXphobos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2015 03:03 Excludos wrote:
On October 26 2015 02:30 iXphobos wrote:
I play 4:3 as well. I like bigger heads and less distraction on the sides.
That Allu thing is super rare, because you should properly check every corner anyways. (beside that Allu is just blind in that situation)
I think it's worng to tell people not not play 4:3. It's totally a preference thing. Just try it out and use the one you like better.


I don't disagree completely, but the amount of times I've seen people ignore enemies they should have seen because of 4:3 is just astonishing. If you have the computer and screen to play in proper resolution, and you don't carry a baggage of having played 4:3 all your life, I don't support starting it now just because some pro's do it.

I really have to disagree now. "Astonishing" is quite an exaggeration. I can't recall a single time where this happened to me or my freinds (a lot of them play 4:3 as well) in the last months or so. A few points for you to consider:

1. the smaller image keeps your focus on the crosshair where it (95% of the time) should be
2. and it helps you to check corners properly
3. wider player models are easier to aim at
4. on maps like Dust2 or Inferno there are almost zero spots or situations in which a widescreen resolution would help you spot a player you would miss on 4:3
5. on ~LEM and above it doesn't matter if you spot an enemy on the edge of your screen anyways, because you should be dead immediately

When it comes to graphics and resolution there's a lot of pros and cons for various settings. Of course there are some total no-goes (Vsync i'm looking at you), but a lot comes down to personal preference.
Similar to finding your optimal key binds i recommend testing some settings and in the end stick with the one you feel most comfortable with.


I disagree with this entire post. I'm not above personal preference,
But none of the things you listed up are objectively true.

1. The logical conclusion of this is that it would be best to play with a screen exactly big enough to fit h3 crosshair in.. It's stupid to say you should only focus on your crosshair. That's the stuff that leads to tunnelvision.

2. I...what..?

3. The models don't become wider, your screen gets stretched.

4. And yet it happens all the time. Inferno has tons of parallel paths, hiding places, corridors etc where the extra bit of screen helps tremendously. Besides there are other maps in the pool than Dust2 and Inferno.

5. Thats bs. Just because you don't see the enemy doesn't mean he has seen you, or that they have a perfect line of fire to kill you.

I would tell you to spectate from first person view more often and see how often people miss obvious enemies at the edge of their screen, but obviously that won't work if you're on 4:3 yourself.

If you're used to 4:3, by all means continue using it. It's really difficult to get rid of a habit or change your playstyle after all. But if you're not, please don't start.
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 26 2015 14:26 GMT
#833
video settings is all preferences, nothing more nothing less.

I currently play 4:3 bb because i have a shit computer so thats what im used to. and if i had a beast computer, i would still play 4:3 bb because thats what im used to
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
October 26 2015 14:31 GMT
#834
On October 26 2015 18:10 shin_toss wrote:
How to get rid of choke? I've been playing CS:GO for 2 + years. but I started getting this choke just this past few weeks, sometimes i get up to 15%. I have low ping and doesnt lag in other games. sometimes when I even have lag its pretty tolerable, but choke is not, it even affects my own model movement. Could it be my router??


The issue is probably not on your end, lots of people have been having issues with routing to valve official servers lately from what I've read. I'm getting random ping spikes too and sometimes choke, while I have no issues whatsoever on other games. Two friends that live ~700km away from me and have different ISP also have these issues, but not at the same time as me or on the same servers.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
October 26 2015 16:24 GMT
#835
A lot of pro people play 4:3 iirc because its a carryover thing from 1.6, similairely people who used to play a lot of Dota 1 still use Legacy keys in Dota 2 even though QWER or the like is arguably superior.

If it works for you it works.
WriterXiao8~~
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-26 16:27:00
October 26 2015 16:26 GMT
#836
On October 26 2015 23:07 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2015 18:33 iXphobos wrote:
On October 26 2015 03:03 Excludos wrote:
On October 26 2015 02:30 iXphobos wrote:
I play 4:3 as well. I like bigger heads and less distraction on the sides.
That Allu thing is super rare, because you should properly check every corner anyways. (beside that Allu is just blind in that situation)
I think it's worng to tell people not not play 4:3. It's totally a preference thing. Just try it out and use the one you like better.


I don't disagree completely, but the amount of times I've seen people ignore enemies they should have seen because of 4:3 is just astonishing. If you have the computer and screen to play in proper resolution, and you don't carry a baggage of having played 4:3 all your life, I don't support starting it now just because some pro's do it.

I really have to disagree now. "Astonishing" is quite an exaggeration. I can't recall a single time where this happened to me or my freinds (a lot of them play 4:3 as well) in the last months or so. A few points for you to consider:

1. the smaller image keeps your focus on the crosshair where it (95% of the time) should be
2. and it helps you to check corners properly
3. wider player models are easier to aim at
4. on maps like Dust2 or Inferno there are almost zero spots or situations in which a widescreen resolution would help you spot a player you would miss on 4:3
5. on ~LEM and above it doesn't matter if you spot an enemy on the edge of your screen anyways, because you should be dead immediately

When it comes to graphics and resolution there's a lot of pros and cons for various settings. Of course there are some total no-goes (Vsync i'm looking at you), but a lot comes down to personal preference.
Similar to finding your optimal key binds i recommend testing some settings and in the end stick with the one you feel most comfortable with.


I disagree with this entire post. I'm not above personal preference,
But none of the things you listed up are objectively true.

1. The logical conclusion of this is that it would be best to play with a screen exactly big enough to fit h3 crosshair in.. It's stupid to say you should only focus on your crosshair. That's the stuff that leads to tunnelvision.

2. I...what..?

3. The models don't become wider, your screen gets stretched.

4. And yet it happens all the time. Inferno has tons of parallel paths, hiding places, corridors etc where the extra bit of screen helps tremendously. Besides there are other maps in the pool than Dust2 and Inferno.

5. Thats bs. Just because you don't see the enemy doesn't mean he has seen you, or that they have a perfect line of fire to kill you.

I would tell you to spectate from first person view more often and see how often people miss obvious enemies at the edge of their screen, but obviously that won't work if you're on 4:3 yourself.

If you're used to 4:3, by all means continue using it. It's really difficult to get rid of a habit or change your playstyle after all. But if you're not, please don't start.

The points i stated were just for consideration. I never claimed them to be the only truth.
1. - 3. are clearly just personal views of the matter. Considering the 4th point i still think it's super rare that you get in an advantageous posotion because of 16: 9/10. And number 5 refers of course to situations where you get peeked from a corner, because the other thing is not really an issue imho (see 4.).
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-26 19:49:33
October 26 2015 19:27 GMT
#837
a quick question : i linked my steam account to my twitch account, do i have to do something else now or i just have to watch while being connected with my twitch account ?
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
October 26 2015 20:53 GMT
#838
just watch with twitch.


speaking of that, i have yet ot get a drop :/
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
October 26 2015 22:02 GMT
#839
just multibox with 5 accounts, I know some who are doing that

not me tho lol.
WriterXiao8~~
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 27 2015 01:59 GMT
#840
Hey again.

Is it possible for me to play on NA server from EU?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Codebar 14
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 987
Soma 878
Mini 813
ggaemo 418
Rush 388
Horang2 365
BeSt 310
Light 310
actioN 297
Stork 284
[ Show more ]
Larva 277
Snow 230
hero 186
Barracks 166
Killer 129
firebathero 112
Zeus 102
Sea.KH 74
JYJ 64
Mong 63
Aegong 56
Sharp 49
ToSsGirL 38
Shinee 36
soO 28
Sexy 26
Bale 24
zelot 20
Shine 18
sorry 17
Terrorterran 17
Rock 13
Sacsri 12
Icarus 10
Dewaltoss 9
JulyZerg 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7158
qojqva1511
Dendi825
XaKoH 464
420jenkins53
Counter-Strike
Fnx 692
kRYSTAL_676
edward79
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4724
Khaldor417
Other Games
gofns48842
singsing1739
B2W.Neo905
byalli550
Lowko391
DeMusliM231
Liquid`VortiX172
mouzStarbuck155
Livibee144
ArmadaUGS108
KnowMe104
amsayoshi22
Chillindude19
Railgan17
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV279
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream170
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• mYiSmile116
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV372
League of Legends
• Nemesis2199
• Jankos1813
• TFBlade603
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 26m
Kung Fu Cup
20h 26m
The PondCast
1d 19h
OSC
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.