• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:21
CEST 04:21
KST 11:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8489 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 44

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 73 Next
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
October 28 2015 16:29 GMT
#861
On October 29 2015 00:33 Yrr wrote:
Yes because if you win you keep the armor for the next rounds.

This has nothing to do with helm. I never buy helm if I know they all have AK/AWP.
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-28 16:33:29
October 28 2015 16:33 GMT
#862
On October 29 2015 01:29 Epoxide wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2015 00:33 Yrr wrote:
Yes because if you win you keep the armor for the next rounds.

This has nothing to do with helm. I never buy helm if I know they all have AK/AWP.


Like I stated on last page, you absolutely should have helmet if you can afford it. If its between a mp7 and full armor, or a famas and only body armor, absolutely go for the famas. But fights in this game tends to be messy, and pistols are involved regularly, even if the enemy has AKs and awps. Not having head armor limits your effectiveness in those situations greatly. It also lowers the damage you take vs HE nades.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-28 16:36:15
October 28 2015 16:35 GMT
#863
You can skimp on head armor in gun rounds if you're low on money, but remember to buy it if you've won a round or two in a row after that buy, because that means the T's are going to be saving soon. You'll need to have head armor when glocks/tec9s start rushing you.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Epoxide
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Magic Woods9326 Posts
October 28 2015 16:36 GMT
#864
On October 29 2015 01:35 Nagisama wrote:
You can skimp on head armor in gun rounds if you're low on money, but remember to buy it if you've won a round or two in a row after that buy, because that means the T's are going to be saving soon. You'll need to have head armor when glocks/tec9s start rushing you.

This pretty much.
LiquipediaSouma: EU MM is just Russian Roulette. Literally.
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
October 28 2015 17:01 GMT
#865
On October 29 2015 01:29 Epoxide wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2015 00:33 Yrr wrote:
Yes because if you win you keep the armor for the next rounds.

This has nothing to do with helm. I never buy helm if I know they all have AK/AWP.

It does. If you win a round with armor+helmet you dont have to pay anything the next round. If you have only bodyarmor and get a hit you have to pay the full 1000 to get the helmet.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-28 17:24:15
October 28 2015 17:23 GMT
#866
On October 29 2015 02:01 Yrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2015 01:29 Epoxide wrote:
On October 29 2015 00:33 Yrr wrote:
Yes because if you win you keep the armor for the next rounds.

This has nothing to do with helm. I never buy helm if I know they all have AK/AWP.

It does. If you win a round with armor+helmet you dont have to pay anything the next round. If you have only bodyarmor and get a hit you have to pay the full 1000 to get the helmet.


This is true, and sucks majorly when you come off pistol round with body armor, and have to pay 1000 because someone scratched you for 2 dmg
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 28 2015 20:09 GMT
#867
If I use the command:

voice_enable 0

Will it still be enable (meaning no voices) in the next game?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
No0n
Profile Joined March 2010
United States355 Posts
October 28 2015 20:20 GMT
#868
Yes, voice_enable 0 will not change state from game to game.
Park Sang Woo(Sea.Really) Fighting! E-STRO forever.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 28 2015 22:01 GMT
#869
And to turn them on again I just type:

voice_enable 1

Right?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Latringuden
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden79 Posts
October 28 2015 22:23 GMT
#870
Right.
BeeLz
Profile Joined December 2014
Belgium52 Posts
November 02 2015 04:01 GMT
#871
On October 29 2015 01:35 Nagisama wrote:
You can skimp on head armor in gun rounds if you're low on money, but remember to buy it if you've won a round or two in a row after that buy, because that means the T's are going to be saving soon. You'll need to have head armor when glocks/tec9s start rushing you.


Exactly my thought but I see a lot of pro's not even bothering to upgrade their armor, even in the last round of a side.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
November 02 2015 12:32 GMT
#872
On November 02 2015 13:01 BeeLz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2015 01:35 Nagisama wrote:
You can skimp on head armor in gun rounds if you're low on money, but remember to buy it if you've won a round or two in a row after that buy, because that means the T's are going to be saving soon. You'll need to have head armor when glocks/tec9s start rushing you.


Exactly my thought but I see a lot of pro's not even bothering to upgrade their armor, even in the last round of a side.


I guess they find that one smoke or flash more valuable than head armor vs a bunch of AKs.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
November 02 2015 13:00 GMT
#873
On November 02 2015 21:32 Excludos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 13:01 BeeLz wrote:
On October 29 2015 01:35 Nagisama wrote:
You can skimp on head armor in gun rounds if you're low on money, but remember to buy it if you've won a round or two in a row after that buy, because that means the T's are going to be saving soon. You'll need to have head armor when glocks/tec9s start rushing you.


Exactly my thought but I see a lot of pro's not even bothering to upgrade their armor, even in the last round of a side.


I guess they find that one smoke or flash more valuable than head armor vs a bunch of AKs.


I would think the same. If they don't see you, they'll most likely hit the chest than the head.
LiquipediaWanderer
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
November 02 2015 18:49 GMT
#874
It's me again.

I heard or saw in some video, that some players use a setting that allows your mouse to respond in the same way zoomed as unzoomed. Meaning if you are looking at a wall, and move the mouse crosshair one metre on the wall, it will take the same movement to move it back, if you zoom in. That is not the default setting.

My question is: What is best to use? What do the pros use?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
November 02 2015 19:21 GMT
#875
zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse x. I'm not sure what # would result in the 1:1 distance traveled but that would be how you would do it. As far as I know this is a preference thing and some pros like lowering it compared to their regular sens while some just keep it the at 1.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
SpiZe
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada3640 Posts
November 03 2015 02:34 GMT
#876
Speaking of sensibility...

Is it a problem if I have a high DPI with very low in game sens ? Should I aim for 1000dpi and 1 in game sens or 500dpi/2 ? Currently I have 1500 DPI, which suits my needs for every game I play and everything I do with my computer except CS. I am always reluctant to lower my ingame sens further because I feel as if the disparity between my high dpi and low sens is somehow bad... don't know where that belief comes from.

So my question... can I safely lower my sens to sub 1 without lowering my DPI without having any unwanted effect ?
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
November 03 2015 03:37 GMT
#877
On November 03 2015 11:34 SpiZe wrote:
Speaking of sensibility...

Is it a problem if I have a high DPI with very low in game sens ? Should I aim for 1000dpi and 1 in game sens or 500dpi/2 ? Currently I have 1500 DPI, which suits my needs for every game I play and everything I do with my computer except CS. I am always reluctant to lower my ingame sens further because I feel as if the disparity between my high dpi and low sens is somehow bad... don't know where that belief comes from.

So my question... can I safely lower my sens to sub 1 without lowering my DPI without having any unwanted effect ?


most people would say that they would recommend 400dpi/2 sens as a starting point. that belief with the disparity between high dpi and low sens isnt grounded in anything so I wouldn't worried about it. So, in all, yes you should be able to lower your sens to sub 1 if you're playing at 1500 dpi but 400 dpi is easier to work the sens number.
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
November 03 2015 12:35 GMT
#878
On November 03 2015 12:37 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2015 11:34 SpiZe wrote:
Speaking of sensibility...

Is it a problem if I have a high DPI with very low in game sens ? Should I aim for 1000dpi and 1 in game sens or 500dpi/2 ? Currently I have 1500 DPI, which suits my needs for every game I play and everything I do with my computer except CS. I am always reluctant to lower my ingame sens further because I feel as if the disparity between my high dpi and low sens is somehow bad... don't know where that belief comes from.

So my question... can I safely lower my sens to sub 1 without lowering my DPI without having any unwanted effect ?


most people would say that they would recommend 400dpi/2 sens as a starting point. that belief with the disparity between high dpi and low sens isnt grounded in anything so I wouldn't worried about it. So, in all, yes you should be able to lower your sens to sub 1 if you're playing at 1500 dpi but 400 dpi is easier to work the sens number.


Doesn't high dpi and low sense result in pixeljumping? Or was that only in sc2?
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
November 03 2015 14:32 GMT
#879
For sc2 pixel skipping happens either because windows mouse setting isn't on 6/11 or mouse acceleration is on. There's also something about mouse sensitivity itself in sc2 options where you shouldn't put sensitivity on multiples of 5. High dpi and low sensitivity has nothing to do with it. Mainly speaking, pixel skipping is a result of the mouse using prediction, which can occur because the mouse is bad, or if the dpi for the mouse is set above its real dpi.
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
November 03 2015 17:51 GMT
#880
Regarding sensitivity, there is a CS:GO player setup doc, which contains their DPIs and sensitivity: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UaM765-S515ibLyPaBtMnBz7xiao0HL5f-F1zk_CSF4/htmlview?sle=true
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft497
CranKy Ducklings73
EnkiAlexander 33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft497
RuFF_SC2 113
CosmosSc2 62
Nina 48
-ZergGirl 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2231
Artosis 584
yabsab 9
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto9
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1137
taco 351
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox591
Other Games
summit1g8557
JimRising 659
Day[9].tv488
C9.Mang0385
ViBE152
Maynarde149
Livibee113
WinterStarcraft50
ArmadaUGS35
Sick3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1109
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream136
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
• OhrlRock 4
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv488
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 39m
Stellar Fest
10h 39m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.