• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:48
CEST 02:48
KST 09:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6445 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 36

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 73 Next
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 14 2015 23:20 GMT
#701
Those cases I get. Operation phoenix and breakout. Is there any way to get a key without actually buying a key? Can you get a key drop? I really don't want to spend anything on skins.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
October 14 2015 23:22 GMT
#702
On October 15 2015 08:20 Mozdk wrote:
Those cases I get. Operation phoenix and breakout. Is there any way to get a key without actually buying a key? Can you get a key drop? I really don't want to spend anything on skins.

Nope. You can sell those cases but they arent worth more than 1 or 2 cents due to steam taxes.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 14 2015 23:24 GMT
#703
I have two skins so far, but it's for weapons I never use. It's for the Nova shotgun and for the Five Seven
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
October 14 2015 23:31 GMT
#704
On October 15 2015 08:24 Mozdk wrote:
I have two skins so far, but it's for weapons I never use. It's for the Nova shotgun and for the Five Seven


Well for starters the five seven is op so I would use it if you have spare cash on a save. Secondly I dont open cases and stuff either and all the skins I have are for shitty guns aswell. The system is kinda rigged that way. You get a skin everytime you level (experience) but its usually pissy ones no one care about.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 14 2015 23:40 GMT
#705
On October 15 2015 08:31 Rebs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2015 08:24 Mozdk wrote:
I have two skins so far, but it's for weapons I never use. It's for the Nova shotgun and for the Five Seven


Well for starters the five seven is op so I would use it if you have spare cash on a save. Secondly I dont open cases and stuff either and all the skins I have are for shitty guns aswell. The system is kinda rigged that way. You get a skin everytime you level (experience) but its usually pissy ones no one care about.


Well I go for tec9 on T side and P250 or deagle as CT.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
October 15 2015 00:12 GMT
#706
The 5-7 is sooo much better than a p250, I've had 89 in 1 with the p250 way too many times than I would wish.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 15 2015 00:34 GMT
#707
Does the 5-7 kill in one HS?

I'm 5 wins 1 loss.

Last game was with a mix of Master Guardian 1 + 2 + Elite.

Seems strange if I get placed that high. I doubt I will. Still a good kill to death ratio.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
October 15 2015 00:55 GMT
#708
On October 15 2015 09:34 Mozdk wrote:
Does the 5-7 kill in one HS?

I'm 5 wins 1 loss.

Last game was with a mix of Master Guardian 1 + 2 + Elite.

Seems strange if I get placed that high. I doubt I will. Still a good kill to death ratio.

Depends on range.
http://i.imgur.com/83z94bS.jpg
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
October 15 2015 00:56 GMT
#709
On October 15 2015 09:34 Mozdk wrote:
Seems strange if I get placed that high. I doubt I will. Still a good kill to death ratio.


You're going to get placed at whatever rank you're playing with.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 15 2015 01:09 GMT
#710
On October 15 2015 09:56 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2015 09:34 Mozdk wrote:
Seems strange if I get placed that high. I doubt I will. Still a good kill to death ratio.


You're going to get placed at whatever rank you're playing with.


Well I might not be playing with these guys if I start losing more matches. I still need 5 wins to be set free afterall.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
October 15 2015 03:13 GMT
#711
Phew finally got my last placement out of the way and got placed in Silver Elite Master. Dunno if that's considered good or bad for a beginner placement but I'm happy with it either way.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
October 15 2015 03:34 GMT
#712
Any rank is a good starting place for a beginner, stay happy!
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-15 07:04:40
October 15 2015 07:04 GMT
#713
Will do! Won my first game at SEM, even though I was placed on a team of 4 Russians that refused to speak English to me even though they clearly could (they said a few words at the beginning and end, sounding reasonably fluent.)

Question - At what point do you consider topping up your armor to be a priority? <50? <70? I'm not really sure how the damage reduction is calculated, but I've seen some good cs players just leaving their armor <50 round after round.

porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
October 15 2015 07:10 GMT
#714
Probably <25 or so. Although I've never really looked into it and it so rarely happens that it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
October 15 2015 08:09 GMT
#715
So you reckon just top it up whenever you have the money?
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
October 15 2015 08:37 GMT
#716
On October 15 2015 04:39 Souma wrote:
Dust 2 is decently T sided if people know how to play the map.

Cobblestone is T sided.

Mirage/Cache pretty balanced.

Inferno's the most CT-sided map in the pool atm, but not as CT sided as many people like to believe.

Overpass is CT sided.

Train I have no clue. I still feel like people have yet to really understand the map.


I thought Mirage/Train is slightly CT sided by low skill first hand experience.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Latringuden
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden79 Posts
October 15 2015 08:50 GMT
#717
On October 15 2015 17:09 jtype wrote:
So you reckon just top it up whenever you have the money?


nah, only when your armor is below like 20. Tbh I don't know if I've ever had my armor depleted to 0. I think it's pretty safe to say that you never should rebuy armor if you have already bought armor + helmet.
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
October 15 2015 08:54 GMT
#718
On October 15 2015 17:50 Latringuden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2015 17:09 jtype wrote:
So you reckon just top it up whenever you have the money?


nah, only when your armor is below like 20. Tbh I don't know if I've ever had my armor depleted to 0. I think it's pretty safe to say that you never should rebuy armor if you have already bought armor + helmet.


there was a calculation where armor should be replenished under 40ish something but you need to stay alive like 5-6 rounds to achieve that number.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
October 15 2015 10:50 GMT
#719
On October 15 2015 12:13 jtype wrote:
Phew finally got my last placement out of the way and got placed in Silver Elite Master. Dunno if that's considered good or bad for a beginner placement but I'm happy with it either way.


You shouldn't really care about the rank you're given after placement. It'll change really fast once you start piling up victories, and I'm sure you will as you look really into it, asking many questions and trying to figure out how things work.

SEM is relatively low, but you should get out of it quickly.

As for what it means, there's been comparison with other games' ranking systems, but that's quite hard to really compare.

If you're familiar with SC2, I like these matches:
- Bronze: Silvers + early novas (1/2/3)
- Silver: Nova Master, MG1, MG2
- Gold: MGE/DMG
- Platinum:LE/LEM
- Diamond: Lower SFMC
- Masters: Bottom of Global Elite, Upper SFMC
- Grand Masters: Top of Global Elite

But seriously, that's really inaccurate (iirc that's a fixed system, once you go over a threshold you rank up) and pointless (there's people in GE with just a really good aim but average gamesense, and vice versa). This is just a very very rough comparison :p

In my case, I often find I can have really good ideas and mindgame my way out of clutch/no info situations. But I'm so terrible at aiming that most of the time I lose my duels at my level, or even easy pickoffs that I must get and just fail.
LiquipediaWanderer
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-15 13:28:43
October 15 2015 13:01 GMT
#720
On October 15 2015 17:54 Laserist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2015 17:50 Latringuden wrote:
On October 15 2015 17:09 jtype wrote:
So you reckon just top it up whenever you have the money?


nah, only when your armor is below like 20. Tbh I don't know if I've ever had my armor depleted to 0. I think it's pretty safe to say that you never should rebuy armor if you have already bought armor + helmet.


there was a calculation where armor should be replenished under 40ish something but you need to stay alive like 5-6 rounds to achieve that number.


You lose up 1 armor for every 2 hp (50% armor pen). So I would top it off at anything below 50 (If I wasn't broke, and probably wouldn't be if I survived 2-3 turns to get it down to 50 in the first place)
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2541
Artosis 711
White-Ra 107
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever739
NeuroSwarm206
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv291
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe172
Other Games
summit1g8269
JimRising 601
shahzam564
C9.Mang0301
ArmadaUGS58
RuFF_SC232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick781
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream335
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 13m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.