• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:48
CEST 02:48
KST 09:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6445 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 37

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 73 Next
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-15 13:18:08
October 15 2015 13:17 GMT
#721
On October 15 2015 17:54 Laserist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2015 17:50 Latringuden wrote:
On October 15 2015 17:09 jtype wrote:
So you reckon just top it up whenever you have the money?


nah, only when your armor is below like 20. Tbh I don't know if I've ever had my armor depleted to 0. I think it's pretty safe to say that you never should rebuy armor if you have already bought armor + helmet.


there was a calculation where armor should be replenished under 40ish something but you need to stay alive like 5-6 rounds to achieve that number.

http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Kevlar_+_Helmet#Rebuying_Armor
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1dzj8h/when_should_i_rebuy_a_kevlarhelmet/c9vewtr
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
October 15 2015 13:36 GMT
#722
Oh sweet, that clears it up very nicely! Thanks.
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
October 15 2015 14:26 GMT
#723
On October 15 2015 17:54 Laserist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2015 17:50 Latringuden wrote:
On October 15 2015 17:09 jtype wrote:
So you reckon just top it up whenever you have the money?


nah, only when your armor is below like 20. Tbh I don't know if I've ever had my armor depleted to 0. I think it's pretty safe to say that you never should rebuy armor if you have already bought armor + helmet.


there was a calculation where armor should be replenished under 40ish something but you need to stay alive like 5-6 rounds to achieve that number.


well if your an entry player that survives 3 rounds you can normal take enough of a beating. I let it go down to like 17 once. Just to see what happens but it was a pretty fail experiment because nothing really did or I didnt notice anything.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 15 2015 14:46 GMT
#724
On October 15 2015 23:26 Rebs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2015 17:54 Laserist wrote:
On October 15 2015 17:50 Latringuden wrote:
On October 15 2015 17:09 jtype wrote:
So you reckon just top it up whenever you have the money?


nah, only when your armor is below like 20. Tbh I don't know if I've ever had my armor depleted to 0. I think it's pretty safe to say that you never should rebuy armor if you have already bought armor + helmet.


there was a calculation where armor should be replenished under 40ish something but you need to stay alive like 5-6 rounds to achieve that number.


well if your an entry player that survives 3 rounds you can normal take enough of a beating. I let it go down to like 17 once. Just to see what happens but it was a pretty fail experiment because nothing really did or I didnt notice anything.


Nothing happens until your armor reaches 0
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
October 15 2015 15:43 GMT
#725
All that money I've wasted refilling armor when it dropped like at 80...
LiquipediaWanderer
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
October 15 2015 18:57 GMT
#726
This is a pretty good explanation of how you should buy armor.

http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Kevlar_+_Helmet#Rebuying_Armor

If they just full saved and you got knocked down to like ~30 armor and they are gonna buy full ak's and awps, then you don't even need to rebuy. Before I just used the general <50 rule and rebought anything below that, but now maybe its something to consider more carefully, $650 is a lot of money to be spending for no reason.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-15 22:59:10
October 15 2015 22:55 GMT
#727
Playing with MGE, DMG and LE now. Getting absolutely rekt.

If my team wins but I do poorly, does it take that into account when placing me?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 15 2015 23:13 GMT
#728
On October 16 2015 07:55 Mozdk wrote:
Playing with MGE, DMG and LE now. Getting absolutely rekt.

If my team wins but I do poorly, does it take that into account when placing me?


Most likely theory is that MVP grants more mmr. So if you do poorly but still win, you wont be losing any mmr, but you wont be gaining as much as if you had been playing well. Like I mentioned earlier, Valve will never release or confirm how their ladder system works in fear of people gaming the system, but they have hinted to the correctness of it.
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
October 16 2015 03:20 GMT
#729
On October 16 2015 00:43 Ragnarork wrote:
All that money I've wasted refilling armor when it dropped like at 80...


I don't want to even think about it. I rarely let it get below like 70 because I vaguely recalled reading somewhere that it drops in efficiency. >_>
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 16 2015 09:11 GMT
#730
Two game mechanic questions:

If I plant the bomb after a game is won, will we still get extra dollars?

When a bomb carrier is killed, CT can see the bomb on the minimap. Can they also see it if it just gets dropped by a player? I ask because I assumed this, but I see pros leave the bomb at times, so whoever rotates, can pick it up. Especially when they know CT will eco.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-16 09:17:22
October 16 2015 09:16 GMT
#731
On October 16 2015 18:11 Mozdk wrote:
Two game mechanic questions:

If I plant the bomb after a game is won, will we still get extra dollars?

When a bomb carrier is killed, CT can see the bomb on the minimap. Can they also see it if it just gets dropped by a player? I ask because I assumed this, but I see pros leave the bomb at times, so whoever rotates, can pick it up. Especially when they know CT will eco.

1. Only the planter gets $300.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
This is a bit outdated, but it only affects team kill. Team kill is -$300, not -$3300 any more. Everything else still applies.


2. CT can see the bomb if they see the carrier. Doesn't have to be dropped. Pro's leave the bomb in safe spots because if they go in for picks, they don't want to die, and leave the bomb in a difficult to recover position, essentially throwing away the round because CTs will see the bomb, and rotate everyone to it to defend it.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-16 09:21:34
October 16 2015 09:20 GMT
#732
You get 300$ the rest of the team gets nothing extra.

CTs see the bomb on the minimap when one of them has free line of sight towards the bomb. Everything else doesnt matter.


edit: I'm halfway sure its possible to kill a bombcarrier without seeing the bomb, for example if you see the head but not the body.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 16 2015 09:20 GMT
#733
On October 16 2015 18:11 Mozdk wrote:
Two game mechanic questions:

If I plant the bomb after a game is won, will we still get extra dollars?

When a bomb carrier is killed, CT can see the bomb on the minimap. Can they also see it if it just gets dropped by a player? I ask because I assumed this, but I see pros leave the bomb at times, so whoever rotates, can pick it up. Especially when they know CT will eco.


No, you personally get 300 ekstra dollars, but your teammates share none of it.

If a CT has direct view of the bomb, it will show up on his team's minimap, whether its dropped purposely, someone died, or the T is still carrying it.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 16 2015 10:03 GMT
#734
Okay. That cleared up everything
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
October 16 2015 13:04 GMT
#735
Pros leave bomb also for not giving away the bomb information since the other team couldn't rotate before seeing the bomb.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
October 16 2015 15:29 GMT
#736
On October 16 2015 18:20 Yrr wrote:

edit: I'm halfway sure its possible to kill a bombcarrier without seeing the bomb, for example if you see the head but not the body.


That'd be an interesting thing to test, I've never thought of that, I always just assumed that seeing the bombcarrier = bomb showing up on map.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-16 15:33:40
October 16 2015 15:33 GMT
#737
On October 17 2015 00:29 -Celestial- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2015 18:20 Yrr wrote:

edit: I'm halfway sure its possible to kill a bombcarrier without seeing the bomb, for example if you see the head but not the body.


That'd be an interesting thing to test, I've never thought of that, I always just assumed that seeing the bombcarrier = bomb showing up on map.

I had situations where the bomb carrier was shot but noone noticed he had the bomb. But it is possible we just missed that.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 16 2015 19:30 GMT
#738
On October 17 2015 00:33 Yrr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2015 00:29 -Celestial- wrote:
On October 16 2015 18:20 Yrr wrote:

edit: I'm halfway sure its possible to kill a bombcarrier without seeing the bomb, for example if you see the head but not the body.


That'd be an interesting thing to test, I've never thought of that, I always just assumed that seeing the bombcarrier = bomb showing up on map.

I had situations where the bomb carrier was shot but noone noticed he had the bomb. But it is possible we just missed that.


Yeah, it's not like you have time to watch the minimap as you're busy holding off the enemies. I have no idea if this is possible, but presume it isn't due to the bomb replacing the dot of the player holding it, instead of just being on top of it. Would be neat to test out tho.
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 17 2015 03:39 GMT
#739
I still have one win before I am ranked, but I've definately found my level around MG1, plus the rank above and below. That is where I belong atm.

I'll hopefully improve over time.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
October 17 2015 05:51 GMT
#740
on average how long do ranked games (I know there's probably not a clean average but like how many games can you get through in say 3-4 hours) take and does it vary that much depending on rank?
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2541
Artosis 711
White-Ra 107
910 49
Dota 2
monkeys_forever739
NeuroSwarm206
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv291
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe172
Other Games
summit1g8269
JimRising 601
shahzam564
C9.Mang0301
ArmadaUGS58
RuFF_SC232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick781
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream335
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 121
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 13m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.