• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:14
CEST 21:14
KST 04:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7880 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 73 Next
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 11 2015 18:14 GMT
#621
Can team mates hear me when I am dead? Over mic.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
October 11 2015 18:20 GMT
#622
On October 12 2015 03:14 Mozdk wrote:
Can team mates hear me when I am dead? Over mic.

In competitive, yes.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 11 2015 18:31 GMT
#623
And what happens in a comp game if someone leaves? You play 5v4 or what?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 11 2015 18:36 GMT
#624
On October 12 2015 03:31 Mozdk wrote:
And what happens in a comp game if someone leaves? You play 5v4 or what?


An easy bot takes over the position. If someone dies before the bot, he can press "e" to take control over it.
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
October 11 2015 18:39 GMT
#625
Why easy ? Isn't everyone in competitive largely better than expert bots ?^^ (I'm not )
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 11 2015 18:41 GMT
#626
Sounds good. I need 80% more of rank 2 to 3. I wonder how often someone will leave. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 11 2015 18:44 GMT
#627
On October 12 2015 03:39 corumjhaelen wrote:
Why easy ? Isn't everyone in competitive largely better than expert bots ?^^ (I'm not )


Exactly because most people in lower ranks aren't better than expert bots, and they chose just one difficulty for everyone instead of gradually giving teams better bots as they rank up, which could cause other complications.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-11 18:49:39
October 11 2015 18:46 GMT
#628
On October 12 2015 03:41 Mozdk wrote:
Sounds good. I need 80% more of rank 2 to 3. I wonder how often someone will leave. But I guess I'll just have to wait and see.


It depends a bit on the rank, but you'll encounter people leaving or getting kicked quite frequently. Especially if the game is one-sided. A lot of people get frustrated and give up instead of trying to claw back a win.

A thing to note is that most valid theory right now is that every round gives mmr. If you lose the round, you lose mmr and vice versa. Leaving will make you automatically losing the remaining rounds, while the remaining 4 players will lose less mmr because they are now 4v5. So staying in the game is optimal if you want to regain some mmr, while if someone else leaves, you'll at least lose less every remaining round. This is unconfirmed, but Valve employees have hinted to the correctness of it (They can't release info on exactly how the mmr works, as it opens up for gaming the system)
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 12 2015 12:36 GMT
#629
Hmm

I've been watching some pro games, but they were a bit old. Some even from 2014. A lot of CT used M4A1's. But now I am watching something more recent, and the commentators say it has been nerfed.

Does this mean that the M4A4 is the go-to now for CT?
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
O-ops
Profile Joined February 2009
United States4236 Posts
October 12 2015 13:18 GMT
#630
On October 12 2015 21:36 Mozdk wrote:
Hmm

I've been watching some pro games, but they were a bit old. Some even from 2014. A lot of CT used M4A1's. But now I am watching something more recent, and the commentators say it has been nerfed.

Does this mean that the M4A4 is the go-to now for CT?


They nerfed the firing rate, which does hurt your damage output quite a bit in close range fights. Some people also noted that the recoil pattern seems a bit weirder.

I personally take the a4 now but my goal with it is to kill someone with an AK and take that instead anyhow.
Fan of the Jangbanger
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-12 13:47:46
October 12 2015 13:46 GMT
#631
On October 12 2015 21:36 Mozdk wrote:
Hmm

I've been watching some pro games, but they were a bit old. Some even from 2014. A lot of CT used M4A1's. But now I am watching something more recent, and the commentators say it has been nerfed.

Does this mean that the M4A4 is the go-to now for CT?


Many people, like me, can't get a proper feel for the A4. Meanwhile a lower firerate means that the A1 is much easier to hit with, which makes it great on semi long distances. Up close tho it's garbage compared to the A4. It's a shame one can't choose between them in game depending on the situation.

I also strive to pick up an AK47 now. It's much better in every way. Recoil seems similar to the A4, you can oneshot headshot, and you don't get those frustrating "97 dmg in 4 hits" situations you now get with both M4s (which they should fix tbh).
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 12 2015 14:28 GMT
#632
I guess I'll have to use M4A4 for the last 2k points.

And yeah it seems like a switch to AK is preferred whenever possible.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
A.Kmicic
Profile Joined March 2004
Poland89 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-12 16:14:50
October 12 2015 16:14 GMT
#633
Is there a server where you get auto respawn in starting point (CT or T) every time you die?

There was one in CS:Source, the map was Dust 2 (edited in an interesting way)
[Kmeetcheetz]
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
October 12 2015 16:25 GMT
#634
On October 12 2015 23:28 Mozdk wrote:
I guess I'll have to use M4A4 for the last 2k points.

And yeah it seems like a switch to AK is preferred whenever possible.


Some kind of answer to your question would be "use the A4 if you can control it well (as in, spray, etc), A1 otherwise".

For now, I'm not used to the A4 really well (I train, but I'm nowhere near my A1 control), and I just suck with it. Close range A1 is still frustrating, so I aim on switching when I'm comfortable.

But anyway, the best advice would be "try both and see for yourself". There was already a choice before the nerf, slightly better damage and control, or a decent magazine size (but most people used the A1). Now add the distance difference to the mix.
LiquipediaWanderer
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 12 2015 18:22 GMT
#635
On October 13 2015 01:25 Ragnarork wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2015 23:28 Mozdk wrote:
I guess I'll have to use M4A4 for the last 2k points.

And yeah it seems like a switch to AK is preferred whenever possible.


Some kind of answer to your question would be "use the A4 if you can control it well (as in, spray, etc), A1 otherwise".

For now, I'm not used to the A4 really well (I train, but I'm nowhere near my A1 control), and I just suck with it. Close range A1 is still frustrating, so I aim on switching when I'm comfortable.

But anyway, the best advice would be "try both and see for yourself". There was already a choice before the nerf, slightly better damage and control, or a decent magazine size (but most people used the A1). Now add the distance difference to the mix.


It's the only gun in the game I can't get a feel for. It feels like something is off, but I can't put my finger on what exactly. It feelslike I'm shooting a low damage rapid firing sniper rifle with massive recoil and no scope
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
October 12 2015 18:50 GMT
#636
How does sniper rifle figure into it?
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 12 2015 19:17 GMT
#637
On October 13 2015 03:50 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
How does sniper rifle figure into it?


Mostly recoil. Like the autosnipers, after the first shot, the bullets go absolutely everywhere :p
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 13 2015 02:41 GMT
#638
Just hit rank 3. Where can I see what level I am starting at?

And is it still true that I can only play two comp games a day? I heard that in some video.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
evaunit01
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States512 Posts
October 13 2015 02:59 GMT
#639
On October 13 2015 11:41 Mozdk wrote:
Just hit rank 3. Where can I see what level I am starting at?

And is it still true that I can only play two comp games a day? I heard that in some video.


It takes Valve 10 WINS to actually give you a rank. Before this happens. you can only win 2 times until you get a 20 hour wait lock, this is so system can more accurately rank your skill level. This happens until you reach 10 wins. After 10 wins you can play as many games a day as you want.
Gamertag: William T. Riker - My life for Aiur!
Mozdk
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark6989 Posts
October 13 2015 03:49 GMT
#640
On October 13 2015 11:59 evaunit01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2015 11:41 Mozdk wrote:
Just hit rank 3. Where can I see what level I am starting at?

And is it still true that I can only play two comp games a day? I heard that in some video.


It takes Valve 10 WINS to actually give you a rank. Before this happens. you can only win 2 times until you get a 20 hour wait lock, this is so system can more accurately rank your skill level. This happens until you reach 10 wins. After 10 wins you can play as many games a day as you want.



Okay. I won the first one. We did very well as CT on Dust2, but it was close in the end. We won 16-14, and I did a fair bit better than average on my team. So that's a good start. Time for a break.
"It's really hard to Protoss" - White-Ra |||| "Apedts are dfucking amazing" - Lorning
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TKL 326
TaKeTV 309
IndyStarCraft 211
BRAT_OK 99
ZombieGrub47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 916
TKL 326
IndyStarCraft 211
MaxPax 165
BRAT_OK 99
UpATreeSC 94
JuggernautJason48
ZombieGrub47
Nathanias 34
EmSc Tv 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 697
ggaemo 160
White-Ra 146
firebathero 92
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 27
Bale 25
Trap 24
Shine 21
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 15
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva5457
Counter-Strike
Fnx 762
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1752
Liquid`Hasu1612
Trikslyr62
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4047
summit1g2405
singsing1382
Beastyqt800
ceh9605
shahzam439
B2W.Neo366
C9.Mang0148
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe124
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream419
Other Games
BasetradeTV211
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 20
EmSc2Tv 20
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 172
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 23
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2132
• TFBlade989
Other Games
• Shiphtur316
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.