• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:45
CEST 22:45
KST 05:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8221 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 31

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 73 Next
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-01 16:21:13
October 01 2015 16:20 GMT
#601
On October 02 2015 01:19 waffelz wrote:
Did the requirements for overwatch change? I recall that when I started with GO, you had to be DMG and having 100 wins and a few hundred hours playtime. I got 140 wins by now, about 600hrs playtime and I am Global, but still no overwatch. Could it be because I only play occasionally and even get unranked at times because of it?


It's 150 games now from what I'm being told. I think that might've changed about a year ago but not sure. The rank required is Gold Nova 1, not sure if that's always been like that.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
October 01 2015 16:23 GMT
#602
How do investigators get selected?

Investigators are selected based on their CS:GO activity (competitive wins, account age, hours played, Skill Group, low report count, etc.) and, if applicable, prior Overwatch participation level and score (a function of their accuracy as an investigator). Community members who maintain both a high level of activity and high Overwatch scores will receive more cases to elect to participate in.

How do I become an investigator?

Currently, the best approach is to play lots of matches in our official Competitive Matchmaking. We are slowly adding players to the pool of investigators, and randomly pick them with consideration to their playtime and skill level. The goal is to invite as many skilled reviewers as possible.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
waffelz
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Germany711 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-01 17:05:01
October 01 2015 17:04 GMT
#603
On October 02 2015 01:23 porkRaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
How do investigators get selected?

Investigators are selected based on their CS:GO activity (competitive wins, account age, hours played, Skill Group, low report count, etc.) and, if applicable, prior Overwatch participation level and score (a function of their accuracy as an investigator). Community members who maintain both a high level of activity and high Overwatch scores will receive more cases to elect to participate in.

How do I become an investigator?

Currently, the best approach is to play lots of matches in our official Competitive Matchmaking. We are slowly adding players to the pool of investigators, and randomly pick them with consideration to their playtime and skill level. The goal is to invite as many skilled reviewers as possible.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/


Guess I never get overwatch xD
RIP "The big travis CS degree thread", taken from us too soon | Honourable forum princess, defended by Rebs-approved white knights
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
October 01 2015 19:37 GMT
#604
I seem to have never ending overwatch cases. I guess I have a fairly accurate overwatch score or something.
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
October 01 2015 19:47 GMT
#605
On October 02 2015 04:37 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
I seem to have never ending overwatch cases. I guess I have a fairly accurate overwatch score or something.

I did 4 today and still have another one pending.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
BeeLz
Profile Joined December 2014
Belgium52 Posts
October 01 2015 21:20 GMT
#606
Has anyone got a proper solution for game [FILE]pak_..vpk errors?

Have been getting these ones again weekly since a few weeks. Verifying game solves this but it gives me a ban everytime since I can't reconnect in time.
Anyone knows how to avoid these errors?
Kotreb
Profile Joined June 2011
Croatia1392 Posts
October 01 2015 22:37 GMT
#607
On October 02 2015 06:20 BeeLz wrote:
Has anyone got a proper solution for game [FILE]pak_..vpk errors?

Have been getting these ones again weekly since a few weeks. Verifying game solves this but it gives me a ban everytime since I can't reconnect in time.
Anyone knows how to avoid these errors?

I have them also on regular basis. From what i've gathered it can be your RAM, HDD, maybe even windows, although i'm not really convinced (because i get the same arror even after buying completely new pc).

"Best" way to deal with it is to either check files before you enter the game or check files, copy them from you cs folder onto desktop and when you get that error just paste them back into cs folder. Just remember to do that after every update.

Valve doesn't care about this problem and i haven't got a straight answer even after 5-6 tickets i wrote to them :/
If you don't sin Jesus died for nothing.
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 03 2015 19:54 GMT
#608
Anyone knows how to remove the location text top left above the radar? I honestly don't know if I've always had it there, but I noticed it after changing around with some config scripts. Yet no matter how much I google I can't seem to find a way to remove it. I really don't need the game to tell me where I'm at, and its just taking up extra space on my screen.

And before anyone tries, no "hideradar" hides the entire radar, not just the text like many sites claim.
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
October 03 2015 20:09 GMT
#609
It's always been there, and if you haven't found a way then I'm willing to believe that there is no way to remove it.

To ease your sorrows though, it doesn't actually make a difference in terms of objective gameplay. Considering how little screen real estate people have with low resolutions and still play at high levels, the upper left corner isn't really valuable for its viewing space. So if you can start ignoring it again then you'll be fine.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 08 2015 15:26 GMT
#610
This is a super long shot, and definitely not a "simple question", but I don't feel it's worth opening a seperate thread for.

Is anyone familiar with the process of exporting textures to .vtf files for upload? I can't get the transparency in my textures to work properly. It just shows up as white in the workbench. If I offset the texture a bit tho, the texture shows up transparent in the right places on the gun (but wrongplaces in the texture), so the alpha level must be working in some fashion. Been scratching my head with this for several hours now
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 08 2015 19:02 GMT
#611
On October 09 2015 00:26 Excludos wrote:
This is a super long shot, and definitely not a "simple question", but I don't feel it's worth opening a seperate thread for.

Is anyone familiar with the process of exporting textures to .vtf files for upload? I can't get the transparency in my textures to work properly. It just shows up as white in the workbench. If I offset the texture a bit tho, the texture shows up transparent in the right places on the gun (but wrongplaces in the texture), so the alpha level must be working in some fashion. Been scratching my head with this for several hours now


Nvm, issue resolved..even though I have no idea how exactly. Think Valve might be treating alpha levels opposite of normal or something.
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
October 08 2015 19:18 GMT
#612
I'm just trying to learn counterstrike and I've been doing deathmatch. now I'm trying to get better but casuals kind of a mess. Is my best bet just to go into ranked and figure out as I go?
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
October 08 2015 19:18 GMT
#613
Yeeep, that and watch streams.

Godspeed!
Writer
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-08 19:23:50
October 08 2015 19:20 GMT
#614
On October 09 2015 04:18 Souma wrote:
Yeeep, that and watch streams.

Godspeed!


k thanks. I suppose I could also ask my friend whos global rank for advice.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
October 08 2015 20:39 GMT
#615
On October 09 2015 04:20 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2015 04:18 Souma wrote:
Yeeep, that and watch streams.

Godspeed!


k thanks. I suppose I could also ask my friend whos global rank for advice.


There's also a ton of guides on youtube you can watch when you're bored:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWarOwl/videos

For an example. He has quite a lot of them, and goes through short videos of other people playing to see what they could improve upon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2BdjE3neOf57xZRRnWgdUg/videos

This guy has a ton of tutorial videos, as well as videos showing good smoke/nade spots on every popular map.
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-10-08 23:31:19
October 08 2015 22:28 GMT
#616
On October 09 2015 04:20 Karis Vas Ryaar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2015 04:18 Souma wrote:
Yeeep, that and watch streams.

Godspeed!


k thanks. I suppose I could also ask my friend whos global rank for advice.


Advice is nice and all, but you need to be a certain level of understanding and skill to appreciate plain advice. Watching streams is the best or POV vods. You learn alot of little things. And just play. play alot of competitive, die to things, get owned, pre fired, wall banged, smoked off, pop flashed, flanked, caught by a lurker on rotate all that good stuff and just keep problem solving till you get better thats when you can ask your friend for advice on specific situations, not just stuff like

"how do I play long as CT on D2?" There is no real specific answer to that sort of question but specifics of situations you've experienced and how to tackle them playing long on D2 as Ct you can ask anyone here even and people will offer all sorts of great advice.

It might even be information overload and maybe the odd bad advice but that corrects itself quickly since we have alot of knowledgeable people here.

I think this is something more people should do because it helps stimulate forum activity and organic learning.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
October 08 2015 22:43 GMT
#617
pretty much this ^
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
October 09 2015 02:24 GMT
#618
thanks for all the advice
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
October 09 2015 02:48 GMT
#619
I hear buying a lot of skins makes you better too.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Camail
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1030 Posts
October 09 2015 04:14 GMT
#620
I would also say that improving via DMing is itself a skill you need to learn. At first it's just about getting any kill you can, but the quality of the kills begins to matter, without proper thought put behind the training it is very very easy to develop bad habits. Overaggression and taking wide angles are among the most common results of too much brainless DMing.

There's also aim maps that are more focused on smaller cursor movement as well as peeking and prefiring and other misc body movements.
http://i.imgur.com/IPxgv.png
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 221
JuggernautJason107
Nina 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 608
White-Ra 168
firebathero 82
910 43
Trap 23
NaDa 16
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0194
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9538
Liquid`Hasu1909
crisheroes1739
Trikslyr90
Other Games
summit1g5990
Liquid`RaSZi5579
Beastyqt815
shahzam474
B2W.Neo264
Pyrionflax157
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS98
ZombieGrub84
IndyStarCraft 79
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream400
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• Eskiya23 17
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV396
League of Legends
• TFBlade1012
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 15m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.