• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:40
CEST 22:40
KST 05:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8017 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 29

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 73 Next
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
August 09 2015 16:33 GMT
#561
On August 09 2015 22:46 b3nd3r wrote:
Can someone give a good explanation on how the values of max_fps 0/xxx, raw_input 0/1 and tripple buffer interact with each other and how to make a sure using the right and most efficient settings in the autoexec?

From what I've read so far the basic seems to be to either use max_fps 0 + raw_input 1 or max_fps xxx + raw_input 0 but I don't really understand why.
For the value of the max_fps a lot of sources recommend to use some kind of "hz*2+1" formula, so for a 60hz display it would end up at max_fps 121. But if you want to play at 128-tick servers it should be at least capped at 128 or higher. Others tell to look out for a stable fps value so it stops bouncing and is more or less fixed at the set fps value.
Most stuff I read told to deactivate tripple buffer for better performance but maybe it's up individually if it helps you or not?


if you have windows 8/10, use
fps_max 0
since the internal timer for the fps is messed up. If you have windows 7, you can do that hz * 2 + 1 or just leave it at default as windows 7's internal timer for the frames is fine
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Adrian_mx
Profile Joined April 2010
Mexico1880 Posts
August 18 2015 22:46 GMT
#562
Where can I find an active forum for csgo? Where do I look to get into competitive
我是冠军
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
August 18 2015 23:42 GMT
#563
Forums:
TL
r/globaloffensive subreddit
hltv.org

Playing competitive:
Get into competitive by playing MM, or play on esea (monthly cost), or play on cevo (free pugs).

If you're interested in joining a team, look either on the esea recruitment forums, or r/recruitcs subreddit.


Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
IMLyte
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada714 Posts
August 20 2015 02:55 GMT
#564
I only played Competitive but I loved it. I took a break for a month and a bit because of Summer School and now it says I need to be level 3 to play competitive. I tried playing Casuals for EXP but it actually hurts to play, 10 vs 10 is just absolutely horrendous and takes away the entire tactical element of CSGO.

What do I do? Is there a way for me to play 5vs5 Competitive style Unranked to get EXP while still having fun?

*I have practically dropped CSGO completely because I can't handle the other game modes, I was Gold Nova 3.
I'ma show you how great I am ~ Muhammed Ali
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
August 20 2015 03:18 GMT
#565
On August 20 2015 11:55 IMLyte wrote:
I only played Competitive but I loved it. I took a break for a month and a bit because of Summer School and now it says I need to be level 3 to play competitive. I tried playing Casuals for EXP but it actually hurts to play, 10 vs 10 is just absolutely horrendous and takes away the entire tactical element of CSGO.

What do I do? Is there a way for me to play 5vs5 Competitive style Unranked to get EXP while still having fun?

*I have practically dropped CSGO completely because I can't handle the other game modes, I was Gold Nova 3.



you can deathmatch, arms race, and do the other modes for the EXP. there is no unranked 5v5 mode for csgo because valve is too busy swimming in sticker monies and letting us down
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-20 09:07:12
August 20 2015 09:06 GMT
#566
On August 20 2015 11:55 IMLyte wrote:
I only played Competitive but I loved it. I took a break for a month and a bit because of Summer School and now it says I need to be level 3 to play competitive. I tried playing Casuals for EXP but it actually hurts to play, 10 vs 10 is just absolutely horrendous and takes away the entire tactical element of CSGO.

What do I do? Is there a way for me to play 5vs5 Competitive style Unranked to get EXP while still having fun?

*I have practically dropped CSGO completely because I can't handle the other game modes, I was Gold Nova 3.


Just play a few DM's when the weekly bonus is active then. It shouldnt take to long. And mostly DM's.

10v10 Casual in my experience in upping a smurf just last week is hell. If you average about 400 points a game it should take about roughly 10 hours of game time that way not including weekly bonuses. I was averaging about 500 in alot of the games so it took me less.

Or spend some money and do the bloodhound missions.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
August 20 2015 09:13 GMT
#567
On August 20 2015 12:18 amazingxkcd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 20 2015 11:55 IMLyte wrote:
I only played Competitive but I loved it. I took a break for a month and a bit because of Summer School and now it says I need to be level 3 to play competitive. I tried playing Casuals for EXP but it actually hurts to play, 10 vs 10 is just absolutely horrendous and takes away the entire tactical element of CSGO.

What do I do? Is there a way for me to play 5vs5 Competitive style Unranked to get EXP while still having fun?

*I have practically dropped CSGO completely because I can't handle the other game modes, I was Gold Nova 3.



you can deathmatch, arms race, and do the other modes for the EXP. there is no unranked 5v5 mode for csgo because valve is too busy swimming in sticker monies and letting us down

Other modes give you jack shit for exp. If you have Overwatch, do some cases, or play the missions if you have the Operation pack.

Summary of XP system.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
blobrus
Profile Joined August 2011
4297 Posts
August 23 2015 05:00 GMT
#568
The last 4 times I've solo queued (from US) I've ended up in a game with 130 ping and people with Russian/eastern European accents. The last time I queued with 2 of my friends we ended up playing in mexico or south america or something with equally high pings. I have my max ping option set to 80. What's going on? Is there some fix to this?
blobrus
Profile Joined August 2011
4297 Posts
August 26 2015 18:56 GMT
#569
But seriously I'd like to be matched with people from my country and not russian children how do I fix this
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
August 26 2015 18:58 GMT
#570
I honestly don't know. Try lowering your ping even more? To like 60.
Writer
blobrus
Profile Joined August 2011
4297 Posts
August 27 2015 18:15 GMT
#571
On August 27 2015 03:58 Souma wrote:
I honestly don't know. Try lowering your ping even more? To like 60.


I finally figured it out, somehow raising it to 100 made every game since on US servers with reasonable ping and people all speaking english. For the first time I since I started I had a solo game I actually enjoyed playing with everyone in.
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
August 27 2015 18:19 GMT
#572
Interesting. Well, glad to see it worked out for you. :>
Writer
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
August 29 2015 07:02 GMT
#573
Is it better to just sell skins that are worth more in market than CSGL? I got skins that're priced +20% higher on market than CSGL but it has nice stickers on it so im a little hesitant
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
August 29 2015 07:31 GMT
#574
On August 29 2015 16:02 TAMinator wrote:
Is it better to just sell skins that are worth more in market than CSGL? I got skins that're priced +20% higher on market than CSGL but it has nice stickers on it so im a little hesitant


remember that valve takes an x% of the sale for themselves, so the market price is not what you get from the sale. It's up to you if you want to deal with the crap on CSGL or play it safe and take the tax hit from valve
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
DerSchober
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria66 Posts
September 04 2015 10:19 GMT
#575
On August 20 2015 11:55 IMLyte wrote:
I only played Competitive but I loved it. I took a break for a month and a bit because of Summer School and now it says I need to be level 3 to play competitive. I tried playing Casuals for EXP but it actually hurts to play, 10 vs 10 is just absolutely horrendous and takes away the entire tactical element of CSGO.

What do I do? Is there a way for me to play 5vs5 Competitive style Unranked to get EXP while still having fun?

*I have practically dropped CSGO completely because I can't handle the other game modes, I was Gold Nova 3.


pretty much the same here. didnt play for months due to work and now i cant play competitve (even tho im a silver noob, its the only modus i really enjoy). so DM is the fastest way to get into competitive again ?
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
September 04 2015 12:20 GMT
#576
IIRc casual is faster then DM

but casual makes me wanna kill myself so.......
WriterXiao8~~
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-04 13:57:59
September 04 2015 13:57 GMT
#577
On September 04 2015 21:20 Kipsate wrote:
IIRc casual is faster then DM

but casual makes me wanna kill myself so.......

Casual in 2 words: Dust2 & awp
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
DerSchober
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria66 Posts
September 04 2015 14:09 GMT
#578
im kinda pissed atm ... okay when i got cs i did my 10 games to be able to play as much as i want (which already sucked cause some weeks i got a lot of time, some weeks i cant play at all, all due to work)
but right now ... i did 1 DM, 2 arms race and im at 500 points but i need 4ksomething to be lvl 2, which means after that i have to play the same amount or even more to be lvl 3 and play competitive again
WHY ?
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
September 04 2015 14:58 GMT
#579
I get 400+ xp (xp + weekly bonus) per round in casual.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
CrimeCat
Profile Joined September 2015
Germany43 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-09-04 16:37:41
September 04 2015 16:37 GMT
#580
Just put on some music or something to watch and grind DM. A game in casual mode usually needs more time to finnish with all the players who are camping and doing other stupid stuff.
"Everyone whose first name begins with an L who isn't hispanic, walk in a circle the same number of times as the square root of your age times teeenn!"
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 229
JuggernautJason105
Nina 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 593
White-Ra 168
firebathero 81
910 41
Trap 25
NaDa 15
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0194
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9347
Liquid`Hasu1782
crisheroes1703
Trikslyr90
Other Games
summit1g5990
Liquid`RaSZi5684
Beastyqt919
shahzam468
B2W.Neo277
Pyrionflax145
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS118
ZombieGrub80
IndyStarCraft 79
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream385
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• Eskiya23 12
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV396
League of Legends
• TFBlade817
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.