• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:40
CEST 16:40
KST 23:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6762 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 28

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 73 Next
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
August 06 2015 18:48 GMT
#541
On July 03 2015 07:38 Lemartes wrote:
Hey guys,
I am trying to practice my awping for a bit now. Playing lots auf aim_botz and deathmatch, but in both cases it`s really a lot of flickshots/quickscopes, and no way to practice angles and those defensive stationary shots (hope u know what I mean).
Now when I´m doing competitive I get a lot of close quarter quickscope kills, but I tend to miss the standard shots. Is there any map or tactic to practice angles and stuff other than competitive? cause you get those situations far too seldom there

Join an aim map that allows you to use the awp.
Just look down to the other side of the map and hold an angle.
Rinse and repeat.
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
August 06 2015 20:01 GMT
#542
anyone knows how to fix the "failed to connect to match" issue?

i got this problem since i play this game. back when i just played a bit 2 years ago and still now that im trying to get more into it.

atleast 50% of my casual/deathmatch whatever tries ends in that error message. for competitive sometimes the "accept" button just doesnt show up

i tired pretty much evrything i found on google. game cache,reinstall,server pings to 5k/250 etc etc.


does anyone here know the actual reason?

i could ignore it more or less but seems like this also makes it REALLY hard to play with friends since 95% of the time they can connect fine from a lobby just im stuck failing to connect.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-07 04:52:15
August 07 2015 04:07 GMT
#543
So I upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop + Show Spoiler +
(just moved from DC to Toronto and my pc has been lying there since before I started playing and I wont have a chance to get it for a while.
and I cant get the stretch 4:3 fullscreen in cs. The nvidia panel graphics options to scale that stuff are gone. Im considering removing the drivers and putting something from 8.1 and maybe look around because Im sure im not the only one. But if anyone has a working solution that would be great.

I only have time to play a few games a week and its bad enough playing on a 15 inch with mediocre fps now its like playing on a 10 inch screen. Quite annoying.
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2610 Posts
August 07 2015 08:22 GMT
#544
What is the biggest community site for CS:GO? I started watching it and I like to watch streams, but I also like to read in threads during events. This subsection isn't really active. So where are all the active CS forums?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-07 08:28:37
August 07 2015 08:27 GMT
#545
When I watched cs:go a couple of months ago, I had the impression that the top teams played in some tournament at least a couple of times per week (often on-line qualifiers and such). But when I go to hltv now I almost never see top teams play, or at least almost never top teams play against each other. Is it just me having bad luck, or is it a difference in the way they play or the tournament system?

I guess top teams focus more on bigger tournaments now when there are more of them and the prize pools are bigger?

On August 07 2015 17:22 chrisolo wrote:
What is the biggest community site for CS:GO? I started watching it and I like to watch streams, but I also like to read in threads during events. This subsection isn't really active. So where are all the active CS forums?

HLTV.org Its a horrible forum full of 13 year old racist trolls though.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
August 07 2015 10:49 GMT
#546
On August 07 2015 17:22 chrisolo wrote:
What is the biggest community site for CS:GO? I started watching it and I like to watch streams, but I also like to read in threads during events. This subsection isn't really active. So where are all the active CS forums?

This is pretty much the only active CS:GO froum you can read.
mki
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Poland882 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-07 11:32:03
August 07 2015 11:31 GMT
#547
On August 07 2015 19:49 iXphobos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2015 17:22 chrisolo wrote:
What is the biggest community site for CS:GO? I started watching it and I like to watch streams, but I also like to read in threads during events. This subsection isn't really active. So where are all the active CS forums?

This is pretty much the only active CS:GO froum you can read.


Not true. The most active is HLTV.org by a longshot, HOWEVER, the forum is mostly unmoderated and extremely toxic compared to TeamLiquid. However it's much more active when it comes to CS:GO and is the largest CS:GO website.
Head of New Business at Team Kinguin :: https://www.teamkinguin.com
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
August 07 2015 12:31 GMT
#548
csgo reddit is pretty big, but it's also a pretty big circle jerk =\ https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
chrisolo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany2610 Posts
August 08 2015 09:01 GMT
#549
I sadly don't like reddits way of showing posts (meaning by upvotes instead of chronically). So this is no option for me. I'll try HLTV.org.

Thanks guys!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - aka cReAtiVee
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
August 08 2015 09:13 GMT
#550
On August 07 2015 20:31 mki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2015 19:49 iXphobos wrote:
On August 07 2015 17:22 chrisolo wrote:
What is the biggest community site for CS:GO? I started watching it and I like to watch streams, but I also like to read in threads during events. This subsection isn't really active. So where are all the active CS forums?

This is pretty much the only active CS:GO froum you can read.


Not true. The most active is HLTV.org by a longshot, HOWEVER, the forum is mostly unmoderated and extremely toxic compared to TeamLiquid. However it's much more active when it comes to CS:GO and is the largest CS:GO website.

It is true. Beacuse you simply can't read on HLTV. There's 10 new threads every second and roughly 90% of all post are just pure immature bullshit.
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
August 08 2015 09:14 GMT
#551
On August 08 2015 18:13 iXphobos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2015 20:31 mki wrote:
On August 07 2015 19:49 iXphobos wrote:
On August 07 2015 17:22 chrisolo wrote:
What is the biggest community site for CS:GO? I started watching it and I like to watch streams, but I also like to read in threads during events. This subsection isn't really active. So where are all the active CS forums?

This is pretty much the only active CS:GO froum you can read.


Not true. The most active is HLTV.org by a longshot, HOWEVER, the forum is mostly unmoderated and extremely toxic compared to TeamLiquid. However it's much more active when it comes to CS:GO and is the largest CS:GO website.

It is true. Beacuse you simply can't read HLTV. There's 10 new threads every second and roughly 90% of all post are just pure immature bullshit.

iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
August 08 2015 09:15 GMT
#552
On August 07 2015 17:22 chrisolo wrote:
Not true. The most active is HLTV.org by a longshot, HOWEVER, the forum is mostly unmoderated and extremely toxic compared to TeamLiquid. However it's much more active when it comes to CS:GO and is the largest CS:GO website.

It is true. Beacuse you simply can't read HLTV. There's 10 new threads every second and roughly 90% of all post are just pure immature bullshit.
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
August 08 2015 09:16 GMT
#553
Wow. WTF is going on ???
Sorry for the repost spam ?
Is this a known problem of the new design ?
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
August 08 2015 11:26 GMT
#554



My fps is mostly between 200 and 300 but my monitors frequency is 60Hz.
Framedrops usually lead to microstutter, so is it better to cap the framerate to generate a fixed framerate (120-150 range) or is the more the better?
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
oZe
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden492 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-08 18:08:08
August 08 2015 18:05 GMT
#555
I've recently installed. Found out I was a complete shitter at this game. I don't mind losing but it's just not fun being a big fat lead weight for my team. I get 1-3 kills in 15 rounds. I mean I am so bad people might report me for trolling.

In casual I get matched with 5 year veterans who pop me before I even see them. How do I get matched with scrubs on my level so I can at least feel like I'm not ruining the game for everyone? Maybe even get a kill every third round or so

Ps. Leveling up so I can play ranked and get where I belong will take like a month at the rate I get exp now....

edit: plz pm me your response
The worst kinds of organized crime are religion & government.
oZe
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden492 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-09 07:20:45
August 09 2015 07:19 GMT
#556
On August 08 2015 20:26 Yrr wrote:



My fps is mostly between 200 and 300 but my monitors frequency is 60Hz.
Framedrops usually lead to microstutter, so is it better to cap the framerate to generate a fixed framerate (120-150 range) or is the more the better?


You should lock it on monitor frequency, turn on tripple buffering and the option for vertical synch. There is simply no point in rendering frames that you will never see anyway. Unless you want to make your computer die to heat fatigue faster ;-)

Since you don't seem to know how it works. A 60hz monitor shows you 60 frames per second. If you render 420 frames you can still only see 60 of them. The rest are just wasted and it's even worse although hardly noticeable. If you render random numbers of frames. Say your fps travels between 155-197 during play depending on how advanced the scene rendered currently is. You will not get coherent frames with the same time duration between them. I am not sure a human can see this but it exists. Think of it as skipping forward a second here and there and randomly pausing for a second while watching a movie.
The worst kinds of organized crime are religion & government.
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
August 09 2015 08:18 GMT
#557
anyone else experience a bug on St Marc's. where if you jump into the boat a certain way, you will suicide?
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
August 09 2015 12:06 GMT
#558
On August 09 2015 16:19 oZe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2015 20:26 Yrr wrote:



My fps is mostly between 200 and 300 but my monitors frequency is 60Hz.
Framedrops usually lead to microstutter, so is it better to cap the framerate to generate a fixed framerate (120-150 range) or is the more the better?


You should lock it on monitor frequency, turn on tripple buffering and the option for vertical synch. There is simply no point in rendering frames that you will never see anyway. Unless you want to make your computer die to heat fatigue faster ;-)

Since you don't seem to know how it works. A 60hz monitor shows you 60 frames per second. If you render 420 frames you can still only see 60 of them. The rest are just wasted and it's even worse although hardly noticeable. If you render random numbers of frames. Say your fps travels between 155-197 during play depending on how advanced the scene rendered currently is. You will not get coherent frames with the same time duration between them. I am not sure a human can see this but it exists. Think of it as skipping forward a second here and there and randomly pausing for a second while watching a movie.

tripple buffered leaves me with 60 fps. It feels different, turning fast feels a little delayed compared to disabled with 200-300 fps.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
b3nd3r
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany158 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-09 13:46:56
August 09 2015 13:46 GMT
#559
Can someone give a good explanation on how the values of max_fps 0/xxx, raw_input 0/1 and tripple buffer interact with each other and how to make a sure using the right and most efficient settings in the autoexec?

From what I've read so far the basic seems to be to either use max_fps 0 + raw_input 1 or max_fps xxx + raw_input 0 but I don't really understand why.
For the value of the max_fps a lot of sources recommend to use some kind of "hz*2+1" formula, so for a 60hz display it would end up at max_fps 121. But if you want to play at 128-tick servers it should be at least capped at 128 or higher. Others tell to look out for a stable fps value so it stops bouncing and is more or less fixed at the set fps value.
Most stuff I read told to deactivate tripple buffer for better performance but maybe it's up individually if it helps you or not?
Sweet photons. I don't know if you're waves or particles, but you go down smooth.
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
August 09 2015 15:22 GMT
#560
Never ever ever enable Vsync in Source Engine games. It's like playing with a 400 ping.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 931
WardiTV853
OGKoka 263
Rex141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 263
ProTech156
Rex 141
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2840
Shuttle 1733
EffOrt 845
BeSt 695
Light 390
Mini 337
firebathero 314
Stork 276
ZerO 268
ggaemo 257
[ Show more ]
Rush 179
Barracks 111
Zeus 85
Sea.KH 70
Shine 65
Killer 61
sorry 44
Hyun 40
Mong 34
Yoon 33
Aegong 29
Sexy 28
ToSsGirL 27
Shinee 27
Bale 24
Terrorterran 21
soO 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 13
yabsab 10
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dewaltoss 1
Dota 2
qojqva4079
Dendi1861
BananaSlamJamma388
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes540
Other Games
singsing2298
hiko1074
B2W.Neo883
Liquid`RaSZi555
Lowko354
Pyrionflax223
Sick213
Liquid`VortiX205
ArmadaUGS121
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream540
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
lovetv 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2262
• Nemesis1867
• TFBlade518
Other Games
• WagamamaTV281
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.