• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:00
CEST 16:00
KST 23:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6219 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 26

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 73 Next
DPK
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada487 Posts
July 03 2015 23:50 GMT
#501
Hey guys, got a quick question, not really related to cs but here it is. I was wondering if it's common that monitors allows you to switch from fullscreen to aspect ratio directly from the monitor itself and not changing it from the GPU control panel? I found that out recently while messing with my monitor settings and was wondering if it's something common. Also, is there any difference between changing it from the control panel instead of monitor?

To get a resolution with black bars from the nvidia control panel, in the "Adjust desktop size and position" tab, I have to set the "Perform scaling on" option to GPU instead of display. So since the scaling is done by the GPU, I guess it put some unnecessary load on it? I'm asking because I did some minor testing and it seems like there's no difference at all, especially when it comes to performance.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Let me know if I should post this in the Tech Support subforum instead.
Desire.Discipline.Dedication
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
July 04 2015 00:53 GMT
#502
that's a good question. I have an AMD card so i've been doing my scaling from my GPU card so I don't have a definitive answer. I hope the nvidia users can chime in on that question and answer it for you
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
July 04 2015 17:58 GMT
#503
I ranked back down to MG1 after losing a buncha games against MGEs and badges. The apparent difference in skill leaves me satisfied with my rank, but I'm also not looking to stagnate, so what methods would you guys recommend for practicing raw aim? I already do the 360 aim/reflex map and the longer-range version for awp practice, and another bot map (the one modeled after the doors on dust2) and the recoil master map on top of those, but it doesn't feel like it's enough.

I play on x1080, 800dpi, sens 2.5, rawinput_1, and mostly move with my wrist if it matters for a question like this.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
July 04 2015 19:19 GMT
#504
Crosshairs placement, reaction time, game sense, practice/experience/time, and unfortunately at this point, decent teammates.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
July 04 2015 21:09 GMT
#505
That's a pretty high sens, lower your sens if you have trouble keeping your crosshair steady at head level. I'd recommend something between 1 and 2. Otherwise as Nagi told you, practice aim in DM and aim maps, but don't forget to just play competitive too to get better gamesense and get used to playing in that environment (which is actually a pretty big issue for most players).
No0n
Profile Joined March 2010
United States355 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-04 23:10:05
July 04 2015 23:09 GMT
#506
OK if you're looking just for aim practice only go for headshots in FFA DM for ~2 hours a day. So if you can only play 1 hour play dm for that whole hour. Only aim for head, only spray at head. Also a lower sens is probably beneficial to improving yoru aim.

Edit: Not HS only deathmatch, but regular deathmatch just you go for heads only.
Park Sang Woo(Sea.Really) Fighting! E-STRO forever.
Rebs
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Pakistan10726 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-04 23:26:51
July 04 2015 23:21 GMT
#507
On July 05 2015 02:58 xxsaznpride wrote:
I ranked back down to MG1 after losing a buncha games against MGEs and badges. The apparent difference in skill leaves me satisfied with my rank, but I'm also not looking to stagnate, so what methods would you guys recommend for practicing raw aim? I already do the 360 aim/reflex map and the longer-range version for awp practice, and another bot map (the one modeled after the doors on dust2) and the recoil master map on top of those, but it doesn't feel like it's enough.

I play on x1080, 800dpi, sens 2.5, rawinput_1, and mostly move with my wrist if it matters for a question like this.


Honestly, Ive only played about 40 odd games and my skill level is well below par (+ Show Spoiler +
doenst help im playing on a 15 inch laptop
but I got to MG2 in a couple of weeks since I started playing the game and have won my first few at MG2 aswell quite comfortably+ Show Spoiler +
(had good teams aswell fortunately)


I have been comfortably carrying alot of the wins, just using game sense and being smarter from my experience playing 1.6 competitively. Every player has tendencies and things they like even in pickup.

I usually start slow but take a few rounds to read the game, focus on problem solving round by round and ill go from a 0-5 start to a 30 bomb just because I spent some time gathering information and studying tendencies. You'd be surprised how little raw aim matters if you already know where you need to point and shoot.
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
July 05 2015 08:06 GMT
#508
Ok I am pretty sure I do the correct thing but since I get flamed for it every single time I play soloq dust2 by people with 5 times my hours played I better ask here.
Scenario is: Dust2, 2-1-2 as CT, I hold A short at close range, long player dies.
Only info is: "long", no info about numbers, no info from mid player if someone is going short.

Now usually I just continue to hold short if I have it smoked or go for a flash and peek in mid to make sure it is clear so that I don't get backstabbed.

And that is usually the moment the long player goes "omg retard, long, report, report!"...
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-05 10:11:08
July 05 2015 10:05 GMT
#509
On July 05 2015 17:06 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
Ok I am pretty sure I do the correct thing but since I get flamed for it every single time I play soloq dust2 by people with 5 times my hours played I better ask here.
Scenario is: Dust2, 2-1-2 as CT, I hold A short at close range, long player dies.
Only info is: "long", no info about numbers, no info from mid player if someone is going short.

Now usually I just continue to hold short if I have it smoked or go for a flash and peek in mid to make sure it is clear so that I don't get backstabbed.

And that is usually the moment the long player goes "omg retard, long, report, report!"...

I played like that for a longer time too but it makes no sense when your teammates are decent in my oppinion. If they kill the single guy at long you are screwed.
Short should be covered by the guy in middle, so you go with the other guy to long. Two people can hold long pretty decent. If the guy in middle doesnt say anything and stays alive short and mid should be safe.
If they split attack A you have a good chance to defend long and In case they reach A you have the ability to attack A from multiple sides superfast.

PS: I have no Idea if this is the best thing to do but it is what I do lately (MG1).
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
July 05 2015 12:50 GMT
#510
On July 05 2015 17:06 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
Ok I am pretty sure I do the correct thing but since I get flamed for it every single time I play soloq dust2 by people with 5 times my hours played I better ask here.
Scenario is: Dust2, 2-1-2 as CT, I hold A short at close range, long player dies.
Only info is: "long", no info about numbers, no info from mid player if someone is going short.

Now usually I just continue to hold short if I have it smoked or go for a flash and peek in mid to make sure it is clear so that I don't get backstabbed.

And that is usually the moment the long player goes "omg retard, long, report, report!"...

It's never the right thing to suicide into an unknown number of T's pushing long. I assume you're talking about below LE/DMG rank. It's pretty common to get flamed for doing the right thing on these ranks.
If people know how to rotate it's generally easier to go for 2 guys at long and only 1 on B.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
July 05 2015 13:56 GMT
#511
On July 05 2015 17:06 REDBLUEGREEN wrote:
Ok I am pretty sure I do the correct thing but since I get flamed for it every single time I play soloq dust2 by people with 5 times my hours played I better ask here.
Scenario is: Dust2, 2-1-2 as CT, I hold A short at close range, long player dies.
Only info is: "long", no info about numbers, no info from mid player if someone is going short.

Now usually I just continue to hold short if I have it smoked or go for a flash and peek in mid to make sure it is clear so that I don't get backstabbed.

And that is usually the moment the long player goes "omg retard, long, report, report!"...

Normally if you're playing 2-1-2, you don't have to play short A close range, because the middle person should be calling for those coming up short. You'd play 2 long and hold some sort of cross fire setup.

However, if you're already in the situation you described, if he dies long, quickly peek into lower tunnels/on top mid. If no one is there, play up the stairs on short and watch the cross, while waiting for the rotate to help. Ideally the rotate should cut through mid to prevent later lurks onto cat.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
July 06 2015 00:20 GMT
#512
What're the majors in 2015? I can't find anywhere that says which tournaments are majors. Also, when are they?
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
July 06 2015 00:32 GMT
#513
On July 06 2015 09:20 Kluey wrote:
What're the majors in 2015? I can't find anywhere that says which tournaments are majors. Also, when are they?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/counterstrike/Premier_Tournaments
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
artk1n
Profile Joined July 2013
4 Posts
July 06 2015 16:14 GMT
#514
Do i have to change a lot/learn new things compared to 1.6? (memorizing recoil patterns doesnt seem like fun??)
I enjoyed 20 vs 20 casual pubs on low //average skill; is there something similar or just 5on5 MM all about that rating, all the time?
cheers
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
July 06 2015 17:05 GMT
#515
On July 07 2015 01:14 artk1n wrote:
Do i have to change a lot/learn new things compared to 1.6? (memorizing recoil patterns doesnt seem like fun??)
I enjoyed 20 vs 20 casual pubs on low //average skill; is there something similar or just 5on5 MM all about that rating, all the time?
cheers

Depends how much you want to be into the game. Not much to learn if you just want to go around shooting stuff and playing for fun. Recoil patterns are mostly learn once, and practice until muscle memory, not so much "memorizing".

There are 10v10 official valve casual servers, but the players are random because you're randomly assigned the servers. There are community servers that will have more people, and maybe more consistent people. I don't play those so I'm not sure where to direct you except to just go to the community server browser.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Striker.superfreunde
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany1120 Posts
July 06 2015 18:26 GMT
#516
^
Like nagi said. The community servers work like they work in 1.6. Valve's official servers are a very good addition to them... oh vice versa
'Your ak is pretty... uhm... dank!'
BeeLz
Profile Joined December 2014
Belgium52 Posts
July 06 2015 19:30 GMT
#517
On July 07 2015 01:14 artk1n wrote:
Do i have to change a lot/learn new things compared to 1.6? (memorizing recoil patterns doesnt seem like fun??)
I enjoyed 20 vs 20 casual pubs on low //average skill; is there something similar or just 5on5 MM all about that rating, all the time?
cheers


depends on the level you played at 1.6.
I switched from 1.6 to csgo right away and it was okay. Obviously, most people got better but you the transition shouldn't be that hard, Hitboxes are more detailed, spraying is harder, wallbanging is as good as gone but in the end map awareness, aim and experience are enough to reach a decent level
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
July 09 2015 20:10 GMT
#518


wallbang love is alive and well!
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
July 10 2015 00:05 GMT
#519
In my TL site preferences, Other Games is crossed out. How do I re-enable this?
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
July 10 2015 00:33 GMT
#520
There's a 'Customize Sidebar' button below the sidebar.
Writer
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1012
WardiTV848
OGKoka 270
Rex148
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 270
Rex 148
ProTech121
Codebar 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2631
Shuttle 2213
Horang2 1289
EffOrt 957
BeSt 623
Mini 413
Light 409
firebathero 325
Stork 307
ZerO 290
[ Show more ]
Rush 232
ggaemo 201
Barracks 118
Zeus 85
Shine 84
Sea.KH 66
Killer 59
Hyun 50
Shinee 32
Sexy 27
Mong 27
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
Aegong 25
sorry 20
soO 20
PianO 20
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 11
yabsab 10
HiyA 8
zelot 7
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
qojqva3322
Dendi2031
BananaSlamJamma364
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes501
Other Games
singsing2219
olofmeister1645
hiko993
B2W.Neo780
Lowko371
Pyrionflax232
Sick187
Liquid`VortiX174
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream536
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH307
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2153
• Nemesis1470
Other Games
• WagamamaTV266
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h
Afreeca Starleague
20h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.