• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:01
CEST 16:01
KST 23:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6295 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 25

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 73 Next
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-25 22:36:58
June 25 2015 22:36 GMT
#481
C9 basically plays like every random Faceit or ESEA team. That's really all there is to say.
And they are NA's finest which makes it even more sad.
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
June 30 2015 12:41 GMT
#482
Hey, What's the best way to level up to lvl 3 (so I can play competitively again)? Is some match mode better in terms of exp gain or do I just mindlessly DM?

Looked so much forward to play after 6 months of not being able to play
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
June 30 2015 12:49 GMT
#483
On June 30 2015 21:41 PetrBlaha wrote:
Hey, What's the best way to level up to lvl 3 (so I can play competitively again)? Is some match mode better in terms of exp gain or do I just mindlessly DM?

Looked so much forward to play after 6 months of not being able to play

Try casual, dm has a terrible gain.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
June 30 2015 13:11 GMT
#484
On June 30 2015 21:41 PetrBlaha wrote:
Hey, What's the best way to level up to lvl 3 (so I can play competitively again)? Is some match mode better in terms of exp gain or do I just mindlessly DM?

Looked so much forward to play after 6 months of not being able to play

If you bought the operation, grind the missions. Otherwise, play casual mode and use the weekly bonus exp to help speed things up.

If you have Overwatch, review a bunch of cases until you get a pop up saying you'll get Overwatch exp, then play any game mode to get the exp. The weekly bonus from that is also very nice.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
July 01 2015 02:30 GMT
#485
Hey, quick question: I really really hate my movement skills at the moment, being MGE at 98 games won. I can even do bunny hops every now and then for a little bit but what I'm talking about is in actual game situations I tend to get stuck everywhere. Really hard to explain. Is there any way to train to be more fluent or is it just practice over the years?
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
July 01 2015 03:39 GMT
#486
I usually just have good crosshair placement and move according to where I want to go. You could practice running around in a lobby with no bots or people while having good crosshair placement, that's what I'd probably do if I was having trouble and really wanted to fix it. :p
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
DPK
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada487 Posts
July 01 2015 03:55 GMT
#487
On July 01 2015 11:30 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Hey, quick question: I really really hate my movement skills at the moment, being MGE at 98 games won. I can even do bunny hops every now and then for a little bit but what I'm talking about is in actual game situations I tend to get stuck everywhere. Really hard to explain. Is there any way to train to be more fluent or is it just practice over the years?

I know what you mean, happens to me from time to time and it usually end up in me being killed. I don't think you can really train that other than practice since it's very situational. You're not always in a position where you can get stuck easily.
Desire.Discipline.Dedication
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-01 04:00:08
July 01 2015 03:59 GMT
#488
On July 01 2015 11:30 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Hey, quick question: I really really hate my movement skills at the moment, being MGE at 98 games won. I can even do bunny hops every now and then for a little bit but what I'm talking about is in actual game situations I tend to get stuck everywhere. Really hard to explain. Is there any way to train to be more fluent or is it just practice over the years?

- Plan out your route ahead of time (helps when you play the same spot every time on the map, but I feel it makes you a little one dimensional, in my case at least)
- Watch pros pug and try to mimic/pick up certain jumps/movements
- Make a private server and just jump around in the competitive maps
- Play some kz maps.
- Time (time to do all the above and developing the muscle memory)

Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Latringuden
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden79 Posts
July 01 2015 07:57 GMT
#489
On July 01 2015 11:30 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Hey, quick question: I really really hate my movement skills at the moment, being MGE at 98 games won. I can even do bunny hops every now and then for a little bit but what I'm talking about is in actual game situations I tend to get stuck everywhere. Really hard to explain. Is there any way to train to be more fluent or is it just practice over the years?


One aspect of this is the reaction of wanting to get to cover. When I tried to get out of a situation I couldn't handle I used aim for the wall. I was trying to get close to the wall to get behind it as fast as possible. When you misscalculate your speed or how close you are you'll get stuck in the corner. Instead of this reaction; try to aim past the wall, the wall will be as much of a cover if you're close to it as when your half a meter away from it. Understanding the angles of every map will let you know when you're in cover so you can plan ahead. And for starters: don't jump. Even if it's a bit faster getting stuck will kill you more often then the faster speed will keep you alive. Imho fluid running movement is usually better then fluid jumping movement.
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
July 01 2015 11:01 GMT
#490
Good tips everybody, thanks. I will try out your suggestions and maybe give some kz maps a try.
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
July 01 2015 11:50 GMT
#491
As a console noob, are there any settings that really improve the game experience? If so, what are they?

Which specific skills should be trained in solo queued matchmaking?

All examples refer to de_dust2.
- angles / reaction shots (eg hold stairs on A short standing on the ledge, ready to drop down to ct)
- movement/pathways (eg run to b tunnels, lower tunnels, aim for short, smoke mid, take short)
- refrags (eg one dies at long, you grab the angle to refrag)
- entry frags
- map awareness
- reads (eg. you as ct hold long near door, hear two guys running short - should you just say "ok two guys incoming short/mid" or should you take a second and think "wait, there were two guys b tunnels, might be a b split" - how important is such a conclusion? It feels like especially in solo ranked play, most people simply say "two guys short" and that's it, which doesn't help too much IMHO).

Timings: do timings exist? Thus far in ladder games, I feel like you can't really hit a timing on purpose, it feels more like "I'm lucky he just checked doors when I went through window" (B).



Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
July 01 2015 12:11 GMT
#492
On July 01 2015 20:50 boxerfred wrote:
- reads (eg. you as ct hold long near door, hear two guys running short - should you just say "ok two guys incoming short/mid" or should you take a second and think "wait, there were two guys b tunnels, might be a b split" - how important is such a conclusion? It feels like especially in solo ranked play, most people simply say "two guys short" and that's it, which doesn't help too much IMHO).

First tell what happens (facts), and then your conclusion, but it has to be clear what is fact and what is not. Wrong calls destroy a team faster than you think, so make sure they know it's a conclusion and not fact.
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
July 01 2015 12:22 GMT
#493
On July 01 2015 20:50 boxerfred wrote:
As a console noob, are there any settings that really improve the game experience? If so, what are they?

Which specific skills should be trained in solo queued matchmaking?

All examples refer to de_dust2.
- angles / reaction shots (eg hold stairs on A short standing on the ledge, ready to drop down to ct)
- movement/pathways (eg run to b tunnels, lower tunnels, aim for short, smoke mid, take short)
- refrags (eg one dies at long, you grab the angle to refrag)
- entry frags
- map awareness
- reads (eg. you as ct hold long near door, hear two guys running short - should you just say "ok two guys incoming short/mid" or should you take a second and think "wait, there were two guys b tunnels, might be a b split" - how important is such a conclusion? It feels like especially in solo ranked play, most people simply say "two guys short" and that's it, which doesn't help too much IMHO).

Timings: do timings exist? Thus far in ladder games, I feel like you can't really hit a timing on purpose, it feels more like "I'm lucky he just checked doors when I went through window" (B).




If you mean any specific ones in terms of what you've given as examples, everything listed can be worked on in matchmaking.

Using your references to Dust 2, try to always play a specific area; B site, or cat, or long. Get used to how others try to attack the area you're defending. On T side, try to always work long, or mid, or B tunnels if no one has a set strat they want to do.

Regarding reads, like the person said above, definitely call just the facts first. Using your example, calling two people are short, is actually extremely useful information, you've just found out where almost half the enemy team is. If someone else called there were two lower B, you might want to summarize the known locations of everyone. "two guys short, two tunnels." Assumptions leads to over rotates which leads to deaths which leads to salty teammates.

Not exactly sure what you mean by timings, but they do exist to some extent. With ideal spawn locations, CT's will be able to peek long A faster than T's can peek out long A. Another example, if you're doing a mid to B split, after the middle group starts to head towards B and make contact, you have a certain timing window to peek out B tunnels and pincer the enemy and catch them distracted looking mid before the middle team gets cross-fired and overrun.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Dantak
Profile Joined January 2006
Czech Republic648 Posts
July 01 2015 13:46 GMT
#494
On June 30 2015 21:41 PetrBlaha wrote:
Hey, What's the best way to level up to lvl 3 (so I can play competitively again)? Is some match mode better in terms of exp gain or do I just mindlessly DM?

Looked so much forward to play after 6 months of not being able to play



So 24 hours later, I'm done. The easiest way turned out to be pairing with 1 person and grinding dust2 on terrorist side in casual mode (gets filled with 8 more clueless bots). 400 exp/10 minutes.
"Life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery." - f33red k0r34n z3rg
Gullis
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden740 Posts
July 01 2015 14:44 GMT
#495
Don't really know if this is the right place for this question but whatever,
I got a pretty nice skin that is worth quite a bit, can I play with it and then sell without it loosing any value?

+ Show Spoiler +
M4A1-S Hyper Beast
I would rather eat than see my children starve.
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-07-01 15:01:08
July 01 2015 14:53 GMT
#496
Playing with a skin does not affect the skin at all so yeah. It's not like it gets worse :p
Gullis
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden740 Posts
July 01 2015 14:55 GMT
#497
ok ty!
I would rather eat than see my children starve.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
July 01 2015 21:02 GMT
#498
If demand for the skin lowers because another better looking one comes out, then the value decreases.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Lemartes
Profile Joined June 2015
Austria57 Posts
July 02 2015 22:38 GMT
#499
Hey guys,
I am trying to practice my awping for a bit now. Playing lots auf aim_botz and deathmatch, but in both cases it`s really a lot of flickshots/quickscopes, and no way to practice angles and those defensive stationary shots (hope u know what I mean).
Now when I´m doing competitive I get a lot of close quarter quickscope kills, but I tend to miss the standard shots. Is there any map or tactic to practice angles and stuff other than competitive? cause you get those situations far too seldom there
NaDa | IMMVP | ByuN?
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
July 02 2015 22:39 GMT
#500
Casual. =)
Writer
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1012
WardiTV848
OGKoka 270
Rex148
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 270
Rex 148
ProTech121
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3040
Shuttle 1498
EffOrt 964
BeSt 636
Mini 447
Light 410
firebathero 331
ZerO 299
Stork 284
ggaemo 200
[ Show more ]
Rush 197
Barracks 114
Zeus 85
Shine 73
Killer 64
Hyun 47
Yoon 45
Mong 30
Shinee 30
Sexy 26
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 23
PianO 21
soO 19
sorry 18
Terrorterran 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 10
yabsab 8
HiyA 8
zelot 7
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
qojqva3322
Dendi2031
BananaSlamJamma364
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes501
Other Games
singsing2219
olofmeister1645
hiko993
B2W.Neo780
Lowko371
Pyrionflax232
Sick213
Liquid`VortiX167
ArmadaUGS97
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream545
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH342
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2153
• Nemesis1883
Other Games
• WagamamaTV266
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.