• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:45
CEST 08:45
KST 15:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10678 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 18

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 73 Next
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-22 08:49:52
April 22 2015 08:47 GMT
#341
On April 22 2015 15:59 KristofferAG wrote:
I'm guessing by walk peek you mean I should crouch before peeking or?

NEVER EVER crouch peek unless you're at least in the AK ranks.
Most guys at you're level have problems with crosshair placement. Usually aiming too low to avoid shooting over their enemies heads. By crouch peeking a corner you basically crouch into their headshot range.
Just peek the corner with normal speed. Try to guess the angle where the enemy could be and get that strafe shooting down. (Nagis video is very helpful in this regard)
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
April 22 2015 16:11 GMT
#342
Just don't crouch peek ever. The rank doesn't matter. If they are have the ability for head crosshair placements, then they are certainly good enough to just shoot you when they see you so much earlier. Only exception being AWP.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 22 2015 21:28 GMT
#343
Crouch peeking at higher levels is more than just holding crouch and turning the corner with your gun super slowly.

You are still moving at running speed, with the exception that the second just before your body turns the corner, you crouch, lowering your head to cause the opponent holding that angle to whiff their shot (because they're pre-aimed at standing head level), or over adjust and consequently whiff because same reason.

This only works if your opponent is properly aiming at standing head level which many DMG+ should already be doing (some still don't but w/e).
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
April 22 2015 23:30 GMT
#344
Hey, last night I had a couple of fairly frustrating games with a bunch of EU TL people and it felt like my hit registration was off (in addition to me being bad at aiming). I compiled a video showing some of the situations that had me doubting the server/game performance in this video:





Could you take a look and let me know if I might actually suffer from some technical issue here? Or is this completely normal and expected? Am I just fucking up every spray?

Thanks ahead of time!
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 22 2015 23:49 GMT
#345
turn net_graph 1 and start paying attention to your choke and loss %
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
April 22 2015 23:51 GMT
#346
I always have 0% choke and loss! From playing on a laptop over wifi I know how much it sucks to have choke/loss problems! But here I'm playing from home on a wired connection, never saw choke/loss go over 0% and I get 20-30ms ping. I have net_graph aliased to show when I hit tab to show scores and checked it out periodically. Also played for months with constant net_graph on, again, never saw any choke/loss.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 22 2015 23:58 GMT
#347
On April 23 2015 08:30 NihiLStarcraft wrote:
Hey, last night I had a couple of fairly frustrating games with a bunch of EU TL people and it felt like my hit registration was off (in addition to me being bad at aiming). I compiled a video showing some of the situations that had me doubting the server/game performance in this video:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBApRHCQkA


Could you take a look and let me know if I might actually suffer from some technical issue here? Or is this completely normal and expected? Am I just fucking up every spray?

Thanks ahead of time!

Should watch the demo with sv_showimpacts on. Then it'll show when the server/client regs you as hitting them.

Most of it looks like bullets tracing the person. Regarding your third clip where you say server and client side blood spatter is different, it's not any more. Valve made a change awhile back saying the server now does your bullet registration, and then tells your client what was and was not a hit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/2p1o1i/bug_accuracy_desynced_after_12122014_update/cmsotlr

Inferno one looks like bad server reg. Hard to tell w/o showimpacts on.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
April 23 2015 00:00 GMT
#348
Hey, thanks! That's a good idea with the demos. Will do that asap and make a follow-up vid I guess!

Didn't know that about the blood splatter. Figured they were desynced from the server because the impacts now are.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
April 27 2015 08:49 GMT
#349
when do enemy ranks show up at the end of match? i swear i've seen it happen before, but not in my recent games
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
April 27 2015 09:54 GMT
#350
On April 27 2015 17:49 ahswtini wrote:
when do enemy ranks show up at the end of match? i swear i've seen it happen before, but not in my recent games


Usually ~10 seconds after the final scoreboard is displayed.
LiquipediaWanderer
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
April 27 2015 09:54 GMT
#351
On April 27 2015 17:49 ahswtini wrote:
when do enemy ranks show up at the end of match? i swear i've seen it happen before, but not in my recent games

They show up every time. Just before you disconnect automatically. If you leave before that you don't get to see them.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 27 2015 14:02 GMT
#352
Don't think it will show if the other team surrenders though.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-27 22:00:22
April 27 2015 20:33 GMT
#353
Halp. I have a ghost crosshair haunting me when I'm trying to take screenies in Spectator mode.

[image loading]

How do I get it out? =/

Edit: nvm got it.
Writer
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
April 27 2015 23:38 GMT
#354
you also use cl_crosshairstyle 1 ?

nice!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
April 27 2015 23:45 GMT
#355
I use tarik's crosshair, whatever that is lol.
Writer
penguinpoopy
Profile Joined January 2013
United States18 Posts
April 28 2015 18:08 GMT
#356
I recently ranked up to GN3 but I've been in the silvers for the longest time. I usually solo queue and I've accepted that there's going to be a lot of bm and immaturity in-game. Does it get better in the higher ranks? I'm assuming higher ranked players are more serious in playing the game and maybe more mature?
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
April 28 2015 19:23 GMT
#357
On April 29 2015 03:08 penguinpoopy wrote:
I recently ranked up to GN3 but I've been in the silvers for the longest time. I usually solo queue and I've accepted that there's going to be a lot of bm and immaturity in-game. Does it get better in the higher ranks? I'm assuming higher ranked players are more serious in playing the game and maybe more mature?

Hahahahahaha ... No!
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 28 2015 19:49 GMT
#358
On April 29 2015 03:08 penguinpoopy wrote:
I recently ranked up to GN3 but I've been in the silvers for the longest time. I usually solo queue and I've accepted that there's going to be a lot of bm and immaturity in-game. Does it get better in the higher ranks? I'm assuming higher ranked players are more serious in playing the game and maybe more mature?

No.

Maturity of players is independent of ranks. At all ranks, you're going to get the whiner, bm'er, rager, tryhard, serious person, nice person, helpful person, quiet person, no mic, too much mic, etc.

Might even be worse at higher ranks, because now you have the ego associated with said ranks. Sorry to burst your bubble. But you can always hope, you'll occasionally get that good MM game while solo queuing, and add them to friends so you can stack with them next time instead of rolling the dice.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
April 28 2015 19:51 GMT
#359
penguinpoopy I recommend joining us for TL community nights. You'll be able to find friends fast. =)
Writer
Kamari
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden87 Posts
April 29 2015 11:41 GMT
#360
On April 29 2015 04:49 Nagisama wrote:
tryhard, serious person

What's the difference between these two?
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 643
hero 564
BeSt 272
Hyuk 83
Mind 35
Bale 24
Noble 18
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1027
XaKoH 225
League of Legends
JimRising 611
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g9360
ceh9238
Livibee69
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick530
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH381
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 15m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.