• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10387 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 16

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 73 Next
sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
April 02 2015 10:11 GMT
#301
Can someone tell me the name of the map at 3:30?

Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 02 2015 14:17 GMT
#302
On April 02 2015 19:11 sashkata wrote:
Can someone tell me the name of the map at 3:30?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfwPKFr_EE4&index=305&list=PL7E1B393CA1842222

http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153370123

was in an older operation for a few months.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
April 03 2015 13:41 GMT
#303
Sometimes when people talk it is cut off so that I only hear pieces of what they say. Is this a problem on their side (threshold too high) or might it be on my side because at times other people in the game seem to understand them?

Second question. Good players jump into cover really fast when under fire and they have to reload or regroup. But when I try this I'm slow as fuck. How do they do that? Do they duckjump or run first half a meter before jumping? Do you have to switch to the knife? Does this still work when hit by a bullet which slows you down?
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
April 03 2015 17:55 GMT
#304
On April 03 2015 22:41 Yrr wrote:
Sometimes when people talk it is cut off so that I only hear pieces of what they say. Is this a problem on their side (threshold too high) or might it be on my side because at times other people in the game seem to understand them?

Second question. Good players jump into cover really fast when under fire and they have to reload or regroup. But when I try this I'm slow as fuck. How do they do that? Do they duckjump or run first half a meter before jumping? Do you have to switch to the knife? Does this still work when hit by a bullet which slows you down?

Tagging more or less works like that in csgo : the "heavier" the weapon you carry when you get hit by a bullet, the slower you will be. For example, you will get slowed down a lot more when tagged when carrying an AWP compared to a pistol.
Switching to the knife might help a little to get away after regaining your speed, but more than that you need to be aware of where you are running. Try to avoid getting caught in open spaces for no reasons and be sure to be exposed to the fewest angles possible at any time.
Also, as you climb the ranks, "running away" from a fight might become harder and harder because people start to become good at shooting and will kill you right away. Instead, be sure to be prepared for the fight (movement, correctly scanning the angles, crosshair placement).

As for people cutting off, its probably on their side.
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-04 18:37:02
April 04 2015 17:40 GMT
#305
What's the rage with battle-scarred AWP safari meshes lately? I see Taz has one (and someone on TSM/dignitas as well) and I hear it's supposed to look cool. Anybody have any more infos on that? Or a screenshot of how it's supposed to look or what's cool about it?

EDIT: Just bought one to check out, it's just 50 cents so whatever. It's a .65 on the scale which looks pretty cool I guess, for a cheap AWP skin. Guess I'll keep it for some time.
Amorphous
Profile Joined April 2015
United States6 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-05 15:46:53
April 05 2015 15:46 GMT
#306
Hi guys. I'm pretty new to competitive play and pretty awful. I played a bunch of 1.6 and Source when I was younger, but always preferred messing around on weird servers. So my skills are lacking.

Right now, my plan is to queue for one map at a time until I learn at least most of the major callouts. I'm doing Inferno first.

Question: during save rounds, should I still always buy helmet and armor if I can afford it?

Question: I got yelled at last night for running down Inferno's Banana as CT after it looked like a lot of action was going down near A. As CT, is circling the map just not a good idea?
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-05 15:56:59
April 05 2015 15:56 GMT
#307
Hi!

On April 06 2015 00:46 Amorphous wrote:
Question: during save rounds, should I still always buy helmet and armor if I can afford it?


No. If your team calls a save or eco round, look at your money and compare it to how much the rest of the team has. If you have a good chunk more cash then everybody else, you can buy yourself maybe kevlar (without helmet) and/or a better pistol, but only spend money to the point where you're on the cash level of everybody else.

If you don't have significantly more money than everybody else, don't buy anything.


Of course this is an oversimplification, there can be times where everybody has enough money to buy, say, P250s and still have enough money for a full buy next round but I guess that's pretty advanced. So if the only call is ECO and you're low on money/on par with the team money, just full safe and don't get anything but also keep an eye out to see if your teammates are getting maybe better pistols or something regardless. If they do, follow suit.

On April 06 2015 00:46 Amorphous wrote:
Question: I got yelled at last night for running down Inferno's Banana as CT after it looked like a lot of action was going down near A. As CT, is circling the map just not a good idea?


This depends on the actual situation. In general, it's absolutely okay to circle the map and flank Ts from mid so the people yelling at you were probably just idiots.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 05 2015 15:56 GMT
#308
On April 06 2015 00:46 Amorphous wrote:
Hi guys. I'm pretty new to competitive play and pretty awful. I played a bunch of 1.6 and Source when I was younger, but always preferred messing around on weird servers. So my skills are lacking.

Right now, my plan is to queue for one map at a time until I learn at least most of the major callouts. I'm doing Inferno first.

Question: during save rounds, should I still always buy helmet and armor if I can afford it?

Question: I got yelled at last night for running down Inferno's Banana as CT after it looked like a lot of action was going down near A. As CT, is circling the map just not a good idea?

1. No. But it also depends.

During save rounds, you're "saving" money. So you should buy as little as possible so you can afford a full buy (M4 rifle + armor + grenades). As you become more familiar with the economy of the game later on, you'll be able to know where and when you can squeeze an armor buy during save rounds or not. However, it's a good idea to at least buy a different pistol (p250/tec9/57/cz) as your money allows and if you're confident in getting kills with it.

2. It depends.

If T's have committed to A, and most are attacking the A site, running down banana is a good idea as you're retaking the site from different angles. However, if the T's haven't committed and are just outside A site, you could be caught off guard by T's defending the flank and die. Then you open up B site for the opponents to take.

Here's some helpful stuff. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/cs-go/475663-tutorials-helpful-tips
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Amorphous
Profile Joined April 2015
United States6 Posts
April 05 2015 16:26 GMT
#309
Thanks guys. Probably explains why I always ended up being so poor throughout the match.
Roggay
Profile Joined April 2010
Switzerland6320 Posts
April 05 2015 18:26 GMT
#310
On April 06 2015 01:26 Amorphous wrote:
Thanks guys. Probably explains why I always ended up being so poor throughout the match.

I might also add that similar questions have been asked in this thread and in-depth answers already provided. You might want to skim through the thread, you will probably learn a lot of useful things from the questions/answers.
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-05 22:50:31
April 05 2015 22:49 GMT
#311
I have the M4A1-S in my loadout and not the M4A4.
I bought this weapon in a game today approx. 5 times but one time in the same game when I bought from this slot I got a M4A4. That has to be a bug right?
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 05 2015 23:18 GMT
#312
Sometimes your client? disconnects from the steam server that has all your skins saved, but you're still connected to the game. So you will end up with a default m4a4 (affects the usp too). Happens every now and then.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
April 07 2015 13:56 GMT
#313
Any place to get demos or POV vods of pro players with comms included (pref. English) so I can study how pro teams call?
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-07 14:40:18
April 07 2015 14:38 GMT
#314
On April 07 2015 22:56 xxsaznpride wrote:
Any place to get demos or POV vods of pro players with comms included (pref. English) so I can study how pro teams call?

I think best and most recent is to look up VODs on youtube from the most recent major

EDIT: pretty much only leaves you with Cloud9 I guess, and we know how their communication is :D
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
April 07 2015 20:50 GMT
#315
You can try some NiP demos. They had to do some calls in English due to allu being finnish, and only knows some basic swedish.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
b3nd3r
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany158 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-08 14:50:13
April 08 2015 14:48 GMT
#316
On April 08 2015 06:42 Excludos wrote:
Someone tell me the nonsensical thing about not being able to report people after the game is over? Sure you can try to report their steam account, but I don't think that goes through the same system with others being able to watch the report and flagging it. Very few cheats in such a way that its extremely obvious while you're playing. Most of the time I only have a suspicion until I watch the replay myself.


I rather check demos to confirm my suspicion but since you can't report them post-game, as iXphobos said, the only option remaining is to report players about the time you feel suspicious about them - or in score-screen by the ending of a match at the latest. Without demo-confirmation it feels more like witch-hunting but that's the way it goes.
Sweet photons. I don't know if you're waves or particles, but you go down smooth.
lastpuritan
Profile Joined December 2014
United States540 Posts
April 08 2015 23:14 GMT
#317
is awp nerf really sucking on higher level? i watch pro games and aggressive awpers are still doing their job while they cant shoot in close ranges like they do before, which imo, is a good thing.

Arckan
Profile Joined September 2010
243 Posts
April 09 2015 03:51 GMT
#318
New to CS:GO, more interested in getting into the eSports scene spectating than actually playing. Are there any relatively recent primers for newcomers to the scene? Stuff like team histories, any rivalries, which tournaments are the major ones, etc?
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
April 09 2015 03:54 GMT
#319
The tournament's over but we released some relatively in-depth previews for each team that participated. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/cs-go/480235-esl-one-katowice-team-previews

Major tournaments atm are ESL One Katowice, ESL One Cologne and DreamHack Winter.
Writer
Yrr
Profile Joined June 2012
Germany805 Posts
April 11 2015 16:17 GMT
#320
Today I watched one of the ESL Proleague games. On Mirage someone peeked around a corner to see if someone lurks just around that corner. When he saw the shoulder of his enemy he moved back a little to jump out prefiring.
Why didn't the lurker see the shoulder of the peeker?

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
MMR decay is bad, m'kay? | Personal Hero: TerranHwaiting
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings95
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 454
hero 423
BeSt 252
Mind 35
Terrorterran 24
Bale 22
Noble 12
yabsab 10
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King141
Other Games
summit1g10122
ArmadaUGS42
Livibee30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH339
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Rush1354
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 2m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.