• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:53
CEST 13:53
KST 20:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9728 users

General Discussion - Page 174

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
Stratos_speAr
Profile Joined May 2009
United States6959 Posts
May 06 2016 17:33 GMT
#3461
On May 07 2016 01:26 Latham wrote:
Playing this solo with random people is the closest thing to torture/wasting your time you can actually get to, maybe aside from watching paint dry. This is worse than dota solo. Never have I felt so powerless when having retards on my team.

I have half a mind to demand a refund solely based on solo queue and how punishing it is. =/


I find it funny that every time a team-based game comes out this same exact thing is said.

I don't know what people expect from the internet. Every team-based game ever made is absolutely awful when you're solo queuing. Your random teammate is almost always a useless lemming that doesn't know how to coordinate, will auto-pick Reaper or McCree, and will run straight into the Bastion every time.
A sound mind in a sound body, is a short, but full description of a happy state in this World: he that has these two, has little more to wish for; and he that wants either of them, will be little the better for anything else.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
May 06 2016 17:41 GMT
#3462
On May 07 2016 01:26 Latham wrote:
Playing this solo with random people is the closest thing to torture/wasting your time you can actually get to, maybe aside from watching paint dry. This is worse than dota solo. Never have I felt so powerless when having retards on my team.

I have half a mind to demand a refund solely based on solo queue and how punishing it is. =/

I'll disagree, I play a ton of solo and its far less infuriating than any other team game. I rarely get angry at Overwatch. And if you do get on a shitty team, its ten minutes if that, where Dota can be an hour.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
May 06 2016 17:43 GMT
#3463
On May 07 2016 02:41 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2016 01:26 Latham wrote:
Playing this solo with random people is the closest thing to torture/wasting your time you can actually get to, maybe aside from watching paint dry. This is worse than dota solo. Never have I felt so powerless when having retards on my team.

I have half a mind to demand a refund solely based on solo queue and how punishing it is. =/

I'll disagree, I play a ton of solo and its far less infuriating than any other team game. I rarely get angry at Overwatch. And if you do get on a shitty team, its ten minutes if that, where Dota can be an hour.


How long have you been playing? I felt like that my first week or so of playing where I was still learning myself but once you get a basic competency it is very, very frustrating having team mates making bone headed decisions and plays.
Wat
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-06 18:08:25
May 06 2016 18:07 GMT
#3464
Anyone else having issues with group voice chat? Friend can join, speak and hear everything but after 30 seconds he just drops from the group voice chat. Wondering what would cause that.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
candapat
Profile Joined November 2015
6 Posts
May 06 2016 18:43 GMT
#3465
Hey! I'm a long time cs player (all the way back from the first beta) that has played on a very high level for several years. I started playing Overwatch today and must say I believe the game has great potential - just looking at how it flows and how complex I think it can be regarding counter-picking and ulti-combos etc.

The one downside I see is from an e-sport point of view where I doubt the "watch-ability" of the game. The high tempo, the complex environments and the sheer number of battles that are taking place simultaneously should make it hard for the viewers to both see the bigger picture and at the same time see highlights (as in cs or sc, for example). Hopefully this is something that can be solved with good casting, but I wanted to hear what peoples thoughts are on this matter?
Hider
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Denmark9448 Posts
May 06 2016 18:45 GMT
#3466
I don't know what people expect from the internet. Every team-based game ever made is absolutely awful when you're solo queuing


Ever tried CS:GO?
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-06 18:58:08
May 06 2016 18:57 GMT
#3467
On May 07 2016 03:45 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
I don't know what people expect from the internet. Every team-based game ever made is absolutely awful when you're solo queuing


Ever tried CS:GO?


Are you saying CSGO is better? I wasn't even playing a ranked game of CSGO just trying to see what it was all about and the amount of flaming was insanity. I wouldn't call it a great solo experience.
Wat
Deleted User 26513
Profile Joined February 2007
2376 Posts
May 06 2016 19:00 GMT
#3468
On May 07 2016 03:45 Hider wrote:
Show nested quote +
I don't know what people expect from the internet. Every team-based game ever made is absolutely awful when you're solo queuing


Ever tried CS:GO?

What about it ? The solo experience is even worse than Overwatch, imho. That is why I stopped playing it. Nobody I know plays it and solo it is not fun.
NEOtheONE
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2233 Posts
May 06 2016 19:13 GMT
#3469
On May 06 2016 16:34 riotjune wrote:
Tanking with no healing for idiots who enjoy repeatedly becoming bastion's gatling fodder, then said idiots telling me off "they don't need no tank". We lost in less than a minute gee I wonder why


And this is why Bastion is ez mode. Though, on offense, I'm usually the frustrated Mercy spamming group up because my idiot teammates keep running in without me and dying to the torbjorn or Bastion.
Abstracts, the too long didn't read of the educated world.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
May 06 2016 19:35 GMT
#3470
On May 07 2016 02:43 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 07 2016 02:41 jmbthirteen wrote:
On May 07 2016 01:26 Latham wrote:
Playing this solo with random people is the closest thing to torture/wasting your time you can actually get to, maybe aside from watching paint dry. This is worse than dota solo. Never have I felt so powerless when having retards on my team.

I have half a mind to demand a refund solely based on solo queue and how punishing it is. =/

I'll disagree, I play a ton of solo and its far less infuriating than any other team game. I rarely get angry at Overwatch. And if you do get on a shitty team, its ten minutes if that, where Dota can be an hour.


How long have you been playing? I felt like that my first week or so of playing where I was still learning myself but once you get a basic competency it is very, very frustrating having team mates making bone headed decisions and plays.

I mean, that happens in every team game. That happens in gym class. Also I think this issue is greatly exaggerated right now since its a fresh open beta. The majority of players are brand new.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
zeross
Profile Joined September 2010
France310 Posts
May 06 2016 20:48 GMT
#3471
when people say "fuck the game lets have fun"

[image loading]


the last one was actualy junkeart too but switched just when i took the sreen

then we gone though a lot a 6man team like all reandarth in turtle formation, didn't work well;
all witson was fun, struggling until ult then all the ult at the same time to take the last control point and just push them out
all soldier 66 was kinda crazy because they had them too, was chaotic

it was really fun tho
LaNague
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany9118 Posts
May 06 2016 21:06 GMT
#3472
i really enjoy the roadhog tank, maybe its because i cant aim.

i dont get any of the attack heroes, i dont enjoy them. especially when i play the soldier guy i need ages to kill someone when the bow guy from the defence heroes needs 2 shots.
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
May 06 2016 21:18 GMT
#3473
Bastion kills things by himself faster than 3 attack heroes can. I can play him with one hand, look at me mom
+ Show Spoiler +
Play of the Game: riotjune as BASTION
Play of the Game: riotjune as BASTION
Play of the Game: riotjune as BASTION
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13425 Posts
May 06 2016 21:49 GMT
#3474
The mod team and I have had some discussions. We will try running the forum without a lounge type gen thread.

Please see the note above. I suggest we attempt to open new threads now during the 24 hour transition period. I will rename the stickied PotG thread to be awesome moments later today. This way you can recount experiences without capturing your PotG and using screenshots or plain text.

We have a question thread, we have a rage thread, we can cover off what most discussion in here falls into. We will also be opening live report threads for tournaments so we can all talk tournies as they happen as well.

Self-promotion, as always, is limited to your stream thread under user streams. If the community really wants a way to discuss self promotion in the future for content we can discuss that when the time comes, use website feedback for that kind of large comment and discussion.

Sounds good?

hope so!

Lets make this new forum the best it can be. I want to be a place where we can have fruitful discussion as well as fun. Let's focus on being a great alternative to the PotG repository that is reddit/overwatch right now :D
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Faruko
Profile Joined April 2013
Chile34173 Posts
May 06 2016 21:55 GMT
#3475
rip genji (200 -> 150hp) and bastion
Ross was right // "Jesus Christ nahaz is doing shots before my eyes" (Sn0_Man, 2018)
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-06 21:58:38
May 06 2016 21:56 GMT
#3476
On May 06 2016 05:58 Thezzy wrote:

Bastion is just stupid if you don't have long-range high-damage heroes and I won't even go into detail on Tank mode other than that Tank mode shots deal atleast 200 damage since I've been one-shotted by him often whilst playing 200 health characters. Double or triple Bastion is just no fun to play against if you are attacker, especially if they have Reinhardt for shielding and a Mercy for rezzing if you do manage to kill one. Atleast Soldier is decent against him thanks to his alt-fire rockets.


190 damage for direct hits and its has high area splash damage.

Yeah it's kinda stupid.

On May 07 2016 06:55 Faruko wrote:
rip genji (200 -> 150hp) and bastion



There's balance changes ? Where ?
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
May 06 2016 22:03 GMT
#3477
Genji at 150hp has been warranted for a while now.
Skol
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
May 06 2016 22:06 GMT
#3478
Link the balance changes if possible, haven't seen anything
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 06 2016 22:08 GMT
#3479
Yeah, can't find anything either, and I'm a decent google user. Be helpful people.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
May 06 2016 22:11 GMT
#3480
On May 07 2016 06:49 ZeromuS wrote:
The mod team and I have had some discussions. We will try running the forum without a lounge type gen thread.

Please see the note above. I suggest we attempt to open new threads now during the 24 hour transition period. I will rename the stickied PotG thread to be awesome moments later today. This way you can recount experiences without capturing your PotG and using screenshots or plain text.

We have a question thread, we have a rage thread, we can cover off what most discussion in here falls into. We will also be opening live report threads for tournaments so we can all talk tournies as they happen as well.

Self-promotion, as always, is limited to your stream thread under user streams. If the community really wants a way to discuss self promotion in the future for content we can discuss that when the time comes, use website feedback for that kind of large comment and discussion.

Sounds good?

hope so!

Lets make this new forum the best it can be. I want to be a place where we can have fruitful discussion as well as fun. Let's focus on being a great alternative to the PotG repository that is reddit/overwatch right now :D


amen
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV353
Rex76
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko395
ProTech132
Rex 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31988
Hyuk 1095
Soma 787
Jaedong 708
actioN 583
Horang2 381
Larva 362
Soulkey 335
BeSt 312
Mini 255
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 221
910 215
Stork 212
Light 203
Last 184
Snow 153
ggaemo 102
Pusan 92
Rush 92
ZerO 75
Yoon 59
Killer 50
Mind 48
Creator 40
Mong 38
Shinee 34
hero 31
Sharp 25
Bale 25
Free 23
sorry 22
HiyA 16
yabsab 15
Noble 11
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc7508
Dendi345
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1535
markeloff88
kRYSTAL_51
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2777
Khaldor976
Other Games
gofns32665
singsing1599
B2W.Neo327
XBOCT295
Pyrionflax262
DeMusliM231
Mew2King88
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 49
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH318
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1322
Other Games
• WagamamaTV166
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 7m
The PondCast
22h 7m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.