• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:59
CEST 17:59
KST 00:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8008 users

General Discussion - Page 134

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 20:02:15
March 29 2016 20:01 GMT
#2661
Nony is right. The pose is cringe worthy honestly and I was never a fan of it to begin with, but the way Kaplan words it just got everyone triggered. But this will blow over eventually.
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
March 29 2016 20:05 GMT
#2662
On March 30 2016 04:58 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 04:52 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:45 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:43 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:33 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.


Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.


I don't want the internets version of a sexed up Tracer. Would be afraid to see the terrible creations they'd come up with.

Well Blizzard has made it clear they don’t want to be your source, so you must risk the terrible word of fan art. Be brave and try not to judge them to harshly.


Not my source, more like the source for the people who actually care enough to turn this into an uproar. I literally don't care if they keep it or remove it. I just think there was nothing wrong with the pose. Besides, I don't need digital booty when I have real booty.

Lets be real, Blizzard has zero concerns about losing any reasonable number of sale over the removal of the digital booty. People care just enough to post online about how it’s removal ruins the game for them and that is it. They could have kept it and I doubt much would change either, but they wanted to change it.

Much to do about nothing.


Still, I find it silly that people would cancel their preorders because they can't get 2-3 seconds of digital booty. Even less digital booty because you'd have to get play of the game in order to even see it. Or did they change it so you see poses in stuff other then the start of play of the game?
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 29 2016 20:12 GMT
#2663
On March 30 2016 05:05 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 04:58 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:52 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:45 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:43 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:33 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.


Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.


I don't want the internets version of a sexed up Tracer. Would be afraid to see the terrible creations they'd come up with.

Well Blizzard has made it clear they don’t want to be your source, so you must risk the terrible word of fan art. Be brave and try not to judge them to harshly.


Not my source, more like the source for the people who actually care enough to turn this into an uproar. I literally don't care if they keep it or remove it. I just think there was nothing wrong with the pose. Besides, I don't need digital booty when I have real booty.

Lets be real, Blizzard has zero concerns about losing any reasonable number of sale over the removal of the digital booty. People care just enough to post online about how it’s removal ruins the game for them and that is it. They could have kept it and I doubt much would change either, but they wanted to change it.

Much to do about nothing.


Still, I find it silly that people would cancel their preorders because they can't get 2-3 seconds of digital booty. Even less digital booty because you'd have to get play of the game in order to even see it. Or did they change it so you see poses in stuff other then the start of play of the game?

Its the victory pose at the end of a match from what i have seen. I don't know if appears anyplace else.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 20:16:38
March 29 2016 20:16 GMT
#2664
Hero highlights is different than victory pose. Victory pose is when your team wins. Hero highlights is when you get play of the game over the other 11 players.
Skol
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 20:21:19
March 29 2016 20:18 GMT
#2665
On March 30 2016 05:05 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 04:58 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:52 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:45 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:43 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:33 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.


Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.


I don't want the internets version of a sexed up Tracer. Would be afraid to see the terrible creations they'd come up with.

Well Blizzard has made it clear they don’t want to be your source, so you must risk the terrible word of fan art. Be brave and try not to judge them to harshly.


Not my source, more like the source for the people who actually care enough to turn this into an uproar. I literally don't care if they keep it or remove it. I just think there was nothing wrong with the pose. Besides, I don't need digital booty when I have real booty.

Lets be real, Blizzard has zero concerns about losing any reasonable number of sale over the removal of the digital booty. People care just enough to post online about how it’s removal ruins the game for them and that is it. They could have kept it and I doubt much would change either, but they wanted to change it.

Much to do about nothing.


Still, I find it silly that people would cancel their preorders because they can't get 2-3 seconds of digital booty. Even less digital booty because you'd have to get play of the game in order to even see it. Or did they change it so you see poses in stuff other then the start of play of the game?


It's not about seeing the booty, it's about a vocal minority telling everybody else what they can and can't see or have as a cosmetic option.

The majority standing up and saying "no, that's not what we wanted" is not only expected but fine. I would expect nothing less from a playerbase of my own game.

--

There were two occasions with WoW recently where blizzard did something and there was a huge outrage because around 65-95% of the community did not want the change, so they apologised for the bad change and rolled it back.

The first one (95% against) was way more obvious and took a matter of hours to days; the second one was months with continued discussion and an eventual compromise.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 29 2016 20:31 GMT
#2666
On March 30 2016 05:18 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 05:05 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:58 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:52 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:45 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:43 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:33 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.


Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.


I don't want the internets version of a sexed up Tracer. Would be afraid to see the terrible creations they'd come up with.

Well Blizzard has made it clear they don’t want to be your source, so you must risk the terrible word of fan art. Be brave and try not to judge them to harshly.


Not my source, more like the source for the people who actually care enough to turn this into an uproar. I literally don't care if they keep it or remove it. I just think there was nothing wrong with the pose. Besides, I don't need digital booty when I have real booty.

Lets be real, Blizzard has zero concerns about losing any reasonable number of sale over the removal of the digital booty. People care just enough to post online about how it’s removal ruins the game for them and that is it. They could have kept it and I doubt much would change either, but they wanted to change it.

Much to do about nothing.


Still, I find it silly that people would cancel their preorders because they can't get 2-3 seconds of digital booty. Even less digital booty because you'd have to get play of the game in order to even see it. Or did they change it so you see poses in stuff other then the start of play of the game?


It's not about seeing the booty, it's about a vocal minority telling everybody else what they can and can't see or have as a cosmetic option.

The majority standing up and saying "no, that's not what we wanted" is not only expected but fine. I would expect nothing less from a playerbase of my own game.

--

There were two occasions with WoW recently where blizzard did something and there was a huge outrage because around 65-95% of the community did not want the change, so they apologised for the bad change and rolled it back.

The first one (95% against) was way more obvious and took a matter of hours to days; the second one was months with continued discussion and an eventual compromise.

You assume that it is the minority. Or that it if a minority matters. You don’t own the creative process for Overwatch and just because you can find a bunch of like minded people don’t change that fact. Blizzard can listen to whoever they want and it doesn’t have to be the largest number of people.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
March 29 2016 20:33 GMT
#2667
On March 30 2016 05:31 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 05:18 Cyro wrote:
On March 30 2016 05:05 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:58 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:52 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:45 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:43 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:33 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
[quote]
The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.


Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.


I don't want the internets version of a sexed up Tracer. Would be afraid to see the terrible creations they'd come up with.

Well Blizzard has made it clear they don’t want to be your source, so you must risk the terrible word of fan art. Be brave and try not to judge them to harshly.


Not my source, more like the source for the people who actually care enough to turn this into an uproar. I literally don't care if they keep it or remove it. I just think there was nothing wrong with the pose. Besides, I don't need digital booty when I have real booty.

Lets be real, Blizzard has zero concerns about losing any reasonable number of sale over the removal of the digital booty. People care just enough to post online about how it’s removal ruins the game for them and that is it. They could have kept it and I doubt much would change either, but they wanted to change it.

Much to do about nothing.


Still, I find it silly that people would cancel their preorders because they can't get 2-3 seconds of digital booty. Even less digital booty because you'd have to get play of the game in order to even see it. Or did they change it so you see poses in stuff other then the start of play of the game?


It's not about seeing the booty, it's about a vocal minority telling everybody else what they can and can't see or have as a cosmetic option.

The majority standing up and saying "no, that's not what we wanted" is not only expected but fine. I would expect nothing less from a playerbase of my own game.

--

There were two occasions with WoW recently where blizzard did something and there was a huge outrage because around 65-95% of the community did not want the change, so they apologised for the bad change and rolled it back.

The first one (95% against) was way more obvious and took a matter of hours to days; the second one was months with continued discussion and an eventual compromise.

You assume that it is the minority. Or that it if a minority matters. You don’t own the creative process for Overwatch and just because you can find a bunch of like minded people don’t change that fact. Blizzard can listen to whoever they want and it doesn’t have to be the largest number of people.


And the people who Blizzard ignore can continue talking. You really don't add anything to the discussion by replying to every single post with 'Blizzard can do whatever they want' or words to that effect.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 20:38:53
March 29 2016 20:34 GMT
#2668
You assume that it is the minority


I know that it's a minority because the poll in the official discussion thread had 93% of over 4000 people voting the other way.

Blizzard can listen to whoever they want and it doesn’t have to be the largest number of people.


They can, but it's not in their best interest to. They have demonstrated that they believe and understand this time and time again.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
March 29 2016 20:41 GMT
#2669
On March 30 2016 05:34 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
You assume that it is the minority


I know that it's a minority because the poll in the official discussion thread had 93% of over 4000 people voting the other way.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-selection_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-response_bias

There's a reason people don't really care about internet polls.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 20:42:46
March 29 2016 20:42 GMT
#2670
On March 30 2016 05:34 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
You assume that it is the minority


I know that it's a minority because the poll in the thread had 93% of over 4000 people voting the other way.

Show nested quote +
Blizzard can listen to whoever they want and it doesn’t have to be the largest number of people.


They can, but it's not in their best interest to. They have demonstrated that they believe and understand this time and time again.

Blizzards lowest selling games sell 4 million copies. Their highest move around 30 million. That doesn’t count WoW either, that is just boxed games 4000 people in an online pool is nothing. And the number in that group with will not buy the game due to this change is likely less than 1% of that 4000.

Those 4000 people only represent the people willing to take that poll. Nothing more.

On March 30 2016 05:41 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 05:34 Cyro wrote:
You assume that it is the minority


I know that it's a minority because the poll in the official discussion thread had 93% of over 4000 people voting the other way.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-selection_bias
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-response_bias

There's a reason people don't really care about internet polls.


Also this, which shows that online polls are worthless in almost every way.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 29 2016 20:42 GMT
#2671
It's a poll on the official thread asking for feedback from every angle on the matter, you can't do much better than that and you also cannot ignore every single indication because it's not perfect evidence.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
March 29 2016 20:44 GMT
#2672
Is there a poll where I can petition the hideous Hero skins? Serious question guys.
Skol
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 20:45:08
March 29 2016 20:44 GMT
#2673
Next thing you will tell me is that steam and yelp reviews are 100% accurate all the time.

On March 30 2016 05:44 Emnjay808 wrote:
Is there a poll where I can petition the hideous Hero skins? Serious question guys.


This man is getting to the core of the real issues.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
March 29 2016 20:49 GMT
#2674
Next thing you will tell me is that steam and yelp reviews are 100% accurate all the time.


Who's saying that? I stated that the best form of evidence is better than no evidence, even if the quality isn't ideal.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 20:53:28
March 29 2016 20:52 GMT
#2675
Oh god I love the Internet...people having opinons and arguments about insignificant s**t to prove their point... But in the end all the pages of inults and whining really proof, is that it's a huge pile of nonsense about nothing! Nothing at all!
Everthing is racist, sexist, misogynist, or even facist these days.
Remember the times when you could just tell a joke for the sake of a joke and nobody got offended?!
When did we become a society of cry babies....I better stop, before I offen....arrhhHHHhhh!!!!
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
March 29 2016 20:54 GMT
#2676
On March 30 2016 05:52 thePunGun wrote:
Oh god I love the Internet...people having opinons and arguments about insignificant s**t to prove their point... But in the end all the pages of inults and whining really proof, is that it's a huge pile of nonsense about nothing! Nothing at all!
Everthing is racist, sexist, misogynist, or even facist these days.
Remember the times when you could just tell a joke for the sake of a joke and nobody got offended?!
When did we become a society of cry babies....I better stop, before I offen....arrhhHHHhhh!!!!



I like you
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 20:59:57
March 29 2016 20:55 GMT
#2677
On March 30 2016 05:49 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
Next thing you will tell me is that steam and yelp reviews are 100% accurate all the time.


Who's saying that? I stated that the best form of evidence is better than no evidence, even if the quality isn't ideal.

You have evidence of 4000 people taking a pool that is, in no way, reflective of the entire Blizzard community or potential buyers of Overwatch. That is it. The evidence that exists is useless.

On March 30 2016 05:52 thePunGun wrote:
Oh god I love the Internet...people having opinons and arguments about insignificant s**t to prove their point... But in the end all the pages of inults and whining really proof, is that it's a huge pile of nonsense about nothing! Nothing at all!
Everthing is racist, sexist, misogynist, or even facist these days.
Remember the times when you could just tell a joke for the sake of a joke and nobody got offended?!
When did we become a society of cry babies....I better stop, before I offen....arrhhHHHhhh!!!!

Those never existed. The argument we are currently has been going on forever in different forms. When people told offensive jokes, its just that you were not aware of the people who took offense. The internet made you aware they existed, so now everyone is mad forever. Also social media exists, which speeds up the process and reduces everything to a "hot take". That part does not help.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
March 29 2016 20:57 GMT
#2678
On March 30 2016 05:54 Reaps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 05:52 thePunGun wrote:
Oh god I love the Internet...people having opinons and arguments about insignificant s**t to prove their point... But in the end all the pages of inults and whining really proof, is that it's a huge pile of nonsense about nothing! Nothing at all!
Everthing is racist, sexist, misogynist, or even facist these days.
Remember the times when you could just tell a joke for the sake of a joke and nobody got offended?!
When did we become a society of cry babies....I better stop, before I offen....arrhhHHHhhh!!!!



I like you


Thanks bud! I had to stop myself before it turned into a rant.
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 21:01:12
March 29 2016 21:01 GMT
#2679
You have evidence of 4000 people taking a pool that is, in no way, reflective of the entire Blizzard community or potential buyers of Overwatch. That is it. The evidence that exists is useless.


It's the sample of people in the discussion thread; best anyone can do. It's about to hit 6000 forum-goers by now
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
March 29 2016 21:03 GMT
#2680
On March 30 2016 05:42 Cyro wrote:
It's a poll on the official thread asking for feedback from every angle on the matter, you can't do much better than that and you also cannot ignore every single indication because it's not perfect evidence.


It's not about it being less-than-perfect evidence, it's about it being incredibly flawed evidence. You've got layers upon layers of self-selection occurring on top of the fact that are far more people read forums than post/respond in them.

Moreover you've got internet personalities like TotalBiscuit weighing in, and it's silly to think that's not going to break the poll. On top of that few people on the original poster's side are going to care because they're already getting what they want.

You fundamentally cannot cite that poll of indicative of anything other than that there are people who are incensed about the pose's removal.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4368
Shuttle 1199
Bisu 1136
Stork 541
BeSt 402
EffOrt 363
Mini 354
actioN 285
Rush 265
Horang2 257
[ Show more ]
hero 134
Mind 131
Light 113
910 88
Zeus 74
Mong 73
Snow 58
Shinee 54
sorry 53
Barracks 45
JYJ 37
Bale 25
Killer 24
Sexy 24
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 23
HiyA 21
yabsab 15
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5592
qojqva2859
Dendi1317
Counter-Strike
fl0m3547
Fnx 710
Other Games
singsing2560
TKL 1018
hiko945
ceh9349
Livibee340
XBOCT285
Hui .223
Liquid`VortiX170
Beastyqt165
XaKoH 159
Trikslyr23
Chillindude15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 11
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2790
Other Games
• Shiphtur89
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1m
TaKeTV 67
Replay Cast
7h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 1m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
19h 1m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.