• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:10
CEST 03:10
KST 10:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8678 users

General Discussion - Page 133

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 29 2016 18:55 GMT
#2641
“Excuse me while I use my platform of 2 million subscribers to belittle the opinion of this one poster who’s name happens to be linked directly to their blizzard account. What would go wrong? All my subscribers are good, honest people that would never do anything to harm or intimated someone I disagree with. That has never happened before in my history.”

Classic.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 19:00:15
March 29 2016 18:59 GMT
#2642
I imagine the poster would of thought about the risks when posting it on a public forum in the first place.

Whereas i respect anyone's opinion they surely would of known it would cause controversy beforehand, especially after blizzard took action.
bardtown
Profile Joined June 2011
England2313 Posts
March 29 2016 19:03 GMT
#2643
On March 30 2016 03:23 ZasZ. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 03:05 bardtown wrote:
I won't be buying anymore. I hope others who say the same will stick to it and other developers will learn that we want developers to show integrity. So tired of seeing pandering tech companies cow to vocal minorities without a leg to stand on, and so relieved to see gamers having the awareness to stand up to nonsensical censorship.


Here we go, these are the arguments I am talking about. Maybe your definition of integrity differs from mine, but accepting feedback, admitting you didn't get it right the first time around, and changing definitely does not show lack of integrity to me. You may call it pandering, but is there something fundamentally wrong with attempting to reach a new audience? Just because gamer bros are the majority, should Blizzard avoid trying to reach out to non-gamer bros?

Did you actually care about this pose before this post was made (or even now), or are you just rebelling against "PC Culture?" I'm not a big fan of the outrage machine myself, but whenever these things pop up in spheres I actually care about I try to approach them on a case-by-case basis. In this case, I don't actually play Tracer, and if I did I probably wouldn't have used the pose. I don't care if they remove it, and if they do, I don't really care what there reasons were. This woman obviously did care about the pose, and I would be shocked if you could find someone that was as passionate about it from the other side before yesterday.

It's also not censorship if the developer decides to make the change. No one is forcing Blizzard to act on this, and as you can see there is more pressure to reverse the decision than implement it. Who is censoring who now?

And don't kid yourself. 99 percent of those claiming to boycott the game due to this molehill will be playing with everyone else on launch day. If people didn't get an erection every time they hear "PC Culture," this would have been a non-story other than Kaplan directly responded to this woman's post.


Different individuals have different understandings of integrity, sure. This is, ultimately, a subjective issue, so it's not a case of being 'fundamentally wrong'. You're welcome to see this as a positive decision, and we can just leave it at this: we have completely different ideas about what integrity entails.

And yes, for me it's about PC culture, not the pose. The pose is as benign as can be, and it is optional. I am concerned with the principle; withdrawing the option from all players because one doesn't like it. The pose is obviously not the problem; context is everything, hence why so many people are upset about it. They've been arguing for so long against censorship in the industry, and are being ignored.

Blizzard is welcome to do as it pleases. They have a choice, and so do consumers. I won't buy the game. I don't really care if Blizzard is targeting a new audience. My hope is that other developers will see the backlash and won't make the same mistakes.
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
March 29 2016 19:07 GMT
#2644
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
March 29 2016 19:11 GMT
#2645
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days



+1

I feel people are just generally over sensitive these days, its a common occurrence. I put it down to people having too much free time on their hands. It's only caused so much of an uproar because blizzard acted upon it though.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 19:13:07
March 29 2016 19:12 GMT
#2646
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17897 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 19:20:05
March 29 2016 19:15 GMT
#2647
Blizzard took a hard turn down the P.C. path in 2014 as outlined nicely in this article.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/09/mike-morhaime-apologizes-for-lack-of-diversity-in-blizzard-games/

all that aside....

within any single game there is a certain level or range of playful, superfluous sexuality that the creator is comfortable with.
its a shooting game not a sex game. its Blizzard's call to make. just like they have to determine how much "dancing" is put in Starcraft unit celebrations and how much detail goes into the critters that run around on Starcraft maps. these are extraneous fun to have add-on touches.

i play Starcraft for teh game play. i don't need or want sexuality shoved in my face at every turn. i want to play an intense strategy game. therefore, there is a limit to how much needless sexual crap is put into the game before i'll start to squawk. that same process is going on with this in development title. every person's "limit" in this area is different. Blizzard more or less keeps things at a level i approve of in their titles. So I buy their games.

I can see how Red Alert 3 might tip the scale against some people buying the game.

Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
NonY
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
8751 Posts
March 29 2016 19:18 GMT
#2648
I actually agree with them removing it to make Tracer's personality more specialized. But it's Kaplan's choice of rhetoric that I find surprising. I can believe that the OP of that thread was naive but Kaplan certainly isn't. The OP might come from a social sphere that uses some of that language and floats around those ideas but the feedback itself is not that crazy and the OP might not be that crazy or internet-forum-savvy and know all about the social justice movement etc. But Kaplan thought it was worth it to use his response to score some points with that demographic when I think he should have stayed neutral and kept it about game design.

Maybe he thought it wasn't gonna blow up like it did and he is just happy whenever he gets to tell someone that their feedback is going to result in a change in the game and he wanted to be as encouraging as possible to the OP. And that involved some mirroring of their personality. I don't know. But now it did blow up and people don't know who Kaplan is anymore.
"Fucking up is part of it. If you can't fail, you have to always win. And I don't think you can always win." Elliott Smith ---------- Yet no sudden rage darkened his face, and his eyes were calm as they studied her. Then he smiled. 'Witness.'
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 19:19:34
March 29 2016 19:18 GMT
#2649
There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter.


And clearly disagreed with most of the arguments in the OP post, which is the issue. There was overwhelming feedback in the other direction. The poster was pretty nice, but there was some issues like it being about about her very young daughter playing the game which is rated Teen.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 19:21:49
March 29 2016 19:20 GMT
#2650
Clearly Kaplan is someone who does lot love digital booty, which is enough to make some people question buying the team based shooter known as Overwatch.

On March 30 2016 04:18 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter.


And clearly disagreed with most of the arguments in the OP post, which is the issue. There was overwhelming feedback in the other direction. The poster was pretty nice, but there was some issues like it being about about her very young daughter playing the game which is rated Teen.

Blizzard is the one and only deciding vote in that discussion. It’s their game. People petition for many things, but that doesn’t mean they get their way.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17897 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 19:27:33
March 29 2016 19:24 GMT
#2651
On March 30 2016 04:18 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter.


And clearly disagreed with most of the arguments in the OP post, which is the issue. There was overwhelming feedback in the other direction. The poster was pretty nice, but there was some issues like it being about about her very young daughter playing the game which is rated Teen.


every issue in a developing game is a matter of vote by a forum mob?
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
March 29 2016 19:27 GMT
#2652
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.
ZasZ.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2911 Posts
March 29 2016 19:33 GMT
#2653
On March 30 2016 04:03 bardtown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 03:23 ZasZ. wrote:
On March 30 2016 03:05 bardtown wrote:
I won't be buying anymore. I hope others who say the same will stick to it and other developers will learn that we want developers to show integrity. So tired of seeing pandering tech companies cow to vocal minorities without a leg to stand on, and so relieved to see gamers having the awareness to stand up to nonsensical censorship.


Here we go, these are the arguments I am talking about. Maybe your definition of integrity differs from mine, but accepting feedback, admitting you didn't get it right the first time around, and changing definitely does not show lack of integrity to me. You may call it pandering, but is there something fundamentally wrong with attempting to reach a new audience? Just because gamer bros are the majority, should Blizzard avoid trying to reach out to non-gamer bros?

Did you actually care about this pose before this post was made (or even now), or are you just rebelling against "PC Culture?" I'm not a big fan of the outrage machine myself, but whenever these things pop up in spheres I actually care about I try to approach them on a case-by-case basis. In this case, I don't actually play Tracer, and if I did I probably wouldn't have used the pose. I don't care if they remove it, and if they do, I don't really care what there reasons were. This woman obviously did care about the pose, and I would be shocked if you could find someone that was as passionate about it from the other side before yesterday.

It's also not censorship if the developer decides to make the change. No one is forcing Blizzard to act on this, and as you can see there is more pressure to reverse the decision than implement it. Who is censoring who now?

And don't kid yourself. 99 percent of those claiming to boycott the game due to this molehill will be playing with everyone else on launch day. If people didn't get an erection every time they hear "PC Culture," this would have been a non-story other than Kaplan directly responded to this woman's post.


Different individuals have different understandings of integrity, sure. This is, ultimately, a subjective issue, so it's not a case of being 'fundamentally wrong'. You're welcome to see this as a positive decision, and we can just leave it at this: we have completely different ideas about what integrity entails.

And yes, for me it's about PC culture, not the pose. The pose is as benign as can be, and it is optional. I am concerned with the principle; withdrawing the option from all players because one doesn't like it. The pose is obviously not the problem; context is everything, hence why so many people are upset about it. They've been arguing for so long against censorship in the industry, and are being ignored.

Blizzard is welcome to do as it pleases. They have a choice, and so do consumers. I won't buy the game. I don't really care if Blizzard is targeting a new audience. My hope is that other developers will see the backlash and won't make the same mistakes.


I don't see it as a positive decision because I don't care about the pose. The OP, however, probably will see it as a positive decision. There are also apparently thousands of people who see it as a negative decision, I just can't understand why. If game developers never made any decisions without the approval of a majority of their player base, game development would be a boring place.

Your last paragraph reveals the real motive behind all of this backlash. You are upset that game developers are no longer catering 100 percent to you and people like you. I get it, I'm getting old enough that games aren't catering to me either, but it's disingenuous to pretend this is about Blizzard's "integrity."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 29 2016 19:33 GMT
#2654
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.

No one said you were required to agree with the criticism, I was just informing you how it took place. There was no uproar until Blizzard decided they would follow through with their plans to remove the pose. You are entitled to think they did it wrong, but at the end of the day its their decision.

The drama is currently the debate if Blizzard is supporting self censorship by removing digital booty. Well not removing, as much as changing the pose on a single character to feature it less. And if this is an affront to the god given right to view the digital booty in game.

Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 19:36:46
March 29 2016 19:34 GMT
#2655

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last


This sort of thing snowballs very quickly because people look at previous examples and they know that absolutely nothing will change unless they make a storm over it. Blizzard has been known to roll back changes that the majority of the community disagrees with, but only when they are extremely unpopular and cost a huge amount of money. If it's anything less, it won't be mentioned.

Your last paragraph reveals the real motive behind all of this backlash. You are upset that game developers are no longer catering 100 percent to you and people like you.


I doubt that's true for the previous poster and it's not true for me.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
March 29 2016 19:43 GMT
#2656
On March 30 2016 04:33 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.


Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.


I don't want the internets version of a sexed up Tracer. Would be afraid to see the terrible creations they'd come up with.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 29 2016 19:45 GMT
#2657
On March 30 2016 04:43 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 04:33 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.


Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.


I don't want the internets version of a sexed up Tracer. Would be afraid to see the terrible creations they'd come up with.

Well Blizzard has made it clear they don’t want to be your source, so you must risk the terrible word of fan art. Be brave and try not to judge them to harshly.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
ZasZ.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2911 Posts
March 29 2016 19:46 GMT
#2658
On March 30 2016 04:34 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last


This sort of thing snowballs very quickly because people look at previous examples and they know that absolutely nothing will change unless they make a storm over it. Blizzard has been known to roll back changes that the majority of the community disagrees with, but only when they are extremely unpopular and cost a huge amount of money. If it's anything less, it won't be mentioned.

Show nested quote +
Your last paragraph reveals the real motive behind all of this backlash. You are upset that game developers are no longer catering 100 percent to you and people like you.


I doubt that's true for the previous poster and it's not true for me.


Do you play Tracer a lot and were you using this pose? If not, why is this a big deal? Specifically this change, not the PC culture boogeyman. I don't buy the argument that you must make a stand here in order to prevent massive PC takeover, because there are plenty of games coming out with sexualized female characters. And that's fine! Does Overwatch need all of its characters to have sexy poses? Apparently they think not. The reality is that this change literally only affects that poster and everyone who was using this pose as Tracer, which I don't think numbers in the thousands. Everybody else is mad about "what it represents," and what it represents is a developer deciding that Tracer's perfect ass is not the part of the character they are most proud of.
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 19:53:20
March 29 2016 19:52 GMT
#2659
On March 30 2016 04:45 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 04:43 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:33 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.


Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.


I don't want the internets version of a sexed up Tracer. Would be afraid to see the terrible creations they'd come up with.

Well Blizzard has made it clear they don’t want to be your source, so you must risk the terrible word of fan art. Be brave and try not to judge them to harshly.


Not my source, more like the source for the people who actually care enough to turn this into an uproar. I literally don't care if they keep it or remove it. I just think there was nothing wrong with the pose. Besides, I don't need digital booty when I have real booty.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 29 2016 19:58 GMT
#2660
On March 30 2016 04:52 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 04:45 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:43 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:33 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:27 Disengaged wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:12 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 04:07 Disengaged wrote:
I had no idea what supposed god awful pose people were talking about when I first saw it brought up in this thread. So, I go to the Overwatch forums in hopes of trying to find out, no luck there, although there were links I simply don't click links from random people. I go to youtube and type in tracer poses.

I see the pose people are talking about and all I could do was facepalm. That is the pose causing such an uproar? I do not see a problem with it whatsoever. Funny thing is that this pose does fit in with the character so that makes it even more funny that its an issue. Also, don't some male characters have the same kind of pose? Might as well remove those poses as well lol

They should've just left it alone. Better yet, keep the pose and add in that other pose they were talking about. Theres murdering going on in Overwatch and a simple pose is the thing that causes a problem LOL people these days

The pose causes no uproar. Blizzard asked for feedback. A single poster responded and said the pose seemed out of character for Tracer. There was a 13 page thread where people discussed the matter. Blizzard agreed and has since said they were considering removing the pose and replacing it anyways.

The outrage is directly related to people being mad that a sexy pose was removed for reasons. That someone’s opinion that differed from theirs was listened to by Blizzard and that made them grumpy.

At the end of the day, its Blizzard’s game. They won’t mind if you don’t buy it.


The pose itself is not even sexy. Yeah, her butt is the first thing you see, but its not a sexy pose.

Now, if the pose was her sitting down in a seductive way with her legs split apart, then I would see the point.

Still, this isn't the first time that people get into an uproar over something silly and it won't be the last. The WoW forums are infested with things like this. Blizzard did go about it the wrong way though. If they asked for feedback and they listened to the one person who had a different opinion then the majority then they are doing it wrong. The Overwatch guys do seem to listen to the community, but in this case, they did it wrong.


Because lets be clear, if you want sexed up Tracer, the internet will provide that to you.


I don't want the internets version of a sexed up Tracer. Would be afraid to see the terrible creations they'd come up with.

Well Blizzard has made it clear they don’t want to be your source, so you must risk the terrible word of fan art. Be brave and try not to judge them to harshly.


Not my source, more like the source for the people who actually care enough to turn this into an uproar. I literally don't care if they keep it or remove it. I just think there was nothing wrong with the pose. Besides, I don't need digital booty when I have real booty.

Lets be real, Blizzard has zero concerns about losing any reasonable number of sale over the removal of the digital booty. People care just enough to post online about how it’s removal ruins the game for them and that is it. They could have kept it and I doubt much would change either, but they wanted to change it.

Much to do about nothing.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings86
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1847
GuemChi 1601
Artosis 690
910 58
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm155
League of Legends
Doublelift3550
Counter-Strike
taco 132
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox307
Other Games
summit1g7578
shahzam619
JimRising 535
C9.Mang0343
PiGStarcraft277
Maynarde138
CosmosSc2 35
Day[9].tv7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP80
• davetesta24
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv7
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 50m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 50m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 50m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.