• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:36
CEST 08:36
KST 15:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8386 users

General Discussion - Page 135

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 29 2016 21:04 GMT
#2681
On March 30 2016 06:01 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
You have evidence of 4000 people taking a pool that is, in no way, reflective of the entire Blizzard community or potential buyers of Overwatch. That is it. The evidence that exists is useless.


It's the sample of people in the discussion thread; best anyone can do. It's about to hit 6000 forum-goers by now

You can feel free to cite it all you want, but people have pointed out that as a survey, it is hopelessly flawed and provides little insight into the topic. The best that is available is super shit.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 21:05:18
March 29 2016 21:04 GMT
#2682
On March 30 2016 05:55 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 05:49 Cyro wrote:
Next thing you will tell me is that steam and yelp reviews are 100% accurate all the time.


Who's saying that? I stated that the best form of evidence is better than no evidence, even if the quality isn't ideal.

You have evidence of 4000 people taking a pool that is, in no way, reflective of the entire Blizzard community or potential buyers of Overwatch. That is it. The evidence that exists is useless.

Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 05:52 thePunGun wrote:
Oh god I love the Internet...people having opinons and arguments about insignificant s**t to prove their point... But in the end all the pages of inults and whining really proof, is that it's a huge pile of nonsense about nothing! Nothing at all!
Everthing is racist, sexist, misogynist, or even facist these days.
Remember the times when you could just tell a joke for the sake of a joke and nobody got offended?!
When did we become a society of cry babies....I better stop, before I offen....arrhhHHHhhh!!!!

Those never existed. The argument we are currently has been going on forever in different form. When people old offensive jokes, its just that you were not aware of the people who took offense. The internet made you aware they existed.


Remember the 90s? We had internet back then...Remember a song called "Baby got back" which was also released in the 90s and nobody made a fuss out of it? (except people over 50 maybe)
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 29 2016 21:08 GMT
#2683
On March 30 2016 06:04 thePunGun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 05:55 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 05:49 Cyro wrote:
Next thing you will tell me is that steam and yelp reviews are 100% accurate all the time.


Who's saying that? I stated that the best form of evidence is better than no evidence, even if the quality isn't ideal.

You have evidence of 4000 people taking a pool that is, in no way, reflective of the entire Blizzard community or potential buyers of Overwatch. That is it. The evidence that exists is useless.

On March 30 2016 05:52 thePunGun wrote:
Oh god I love the Internet...people having opinons and arguments about insignificant s**t to prove their point... But in the end all the pages of inults and whining really proof, is that it's a huge pile of nonsense about nothing! Nothing at all!
Everthing is racist, sexist, misogynist, or even facist these days.
Remember the times when you could just tell a joke for the sake of a joke and nobody got offended?!
When did we become a society of cry babies....I better stop, before I offen....arrhhHHHhhh!!!!

Those never existed. The argument we are currently has been going on forever in different form. When people old offensive jokes, its just that you were not aware of the people who took offense. The internet made you aware they existed.


Remember the 90s? We had internet back then...Remember a song called "Baby got back" which was also released in the 90s and nobody made a fuss out of it? (except people over 50 maybe)

I was in high school in the 90s, the internet was very different back then. Anyone who claims otherwise wasn’t paying attention. And people had these discussion in the 90s. They made a whole movie about PC culture, mocking it, but also pointing out it was productive and helpful. It was called PCU.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 21:19:13
March 29 2016 21:14 GMT
#2684
On March 30 2016 06:08 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 06:04 thePunGun wrote:
On March 30 2016 05:55 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 05:49 Cyro wrote:
Next thing you will tell me is that steam and yelp reviews are 100% accurate all the time.


Who's saying that? I stated that the best form of evidence is better than no evidence, even if the quality isn't ideal.

You have evidence of 4000 people taking a pool that is, in no way, reflective of the entire Blizzard community or potential buyers of Overwatch. That is it. The evidence that exists is useless.

On March 30 2016 05:52 thePunGun wrote:
Oh god I love the Internet...people having opinons and arguments about insignificant s**t to prove their point... But in the end all the pages of inults and whining really proof, is that it's a huge pile of nonsense about nothing! Nothing at all!
Everthing is racist, sexist, misogynist, or even facist these days.
Remember the times when you could just tell a joke for the sake of a joke and nobody got offended?!
When did we become a society of cry babies....I better stop, before I offen....arrhhHHHhhh!!!!

Those never existed. The argument we are currently has been going on forever in different form. When people old offensive jokes, its just that you were not aware of the people who took offense. The internet made you aware they existed.


Remember the 90s? We had internet back then...Remember a song called "Baby got back" which was also released in the 90s and nobody made a fuss out of it? (except people over 50 maybe)

I was in high school in the 90s, the internet was very different back then. Anyone who claims otherwise wasn’t paying attention. And people had these discussion in the 90s. They made a whole movie about PC culture, mocking it, but also pointing out it was productive and helpful. It was called PCU.

Social media did not exist back then, people were not sharing their opinions on anything and anyone...people love to put themselves above others. This whole "You're doing it wrong!" culture is cancer for any sane mind....and yes I said cancer...did I offend you?
edit: Offening you is not the intention here..it's just an example how fast things get toxic these days for no reason really..

edit2: and look here we are..having this discussion.. about nothing....
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 21:24:27
March 29 2016 21:23 GMT
#2685
On March 30 2016 06:14 thePunGun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2016 06:08 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 06:04 thePunGun wrote:
On March 30 2016 05:55 Plansix wrote:
On March 30 2016 05:49 Cyro wrote:
Next thing you will tell me is that steam and yelp reviews are 100% accurate all the time.


Who's saying that? I stated that the best form of evidence is better than no evidence, even if the quality isn't ideal.

You have evidence of 4000 people taking a pool that is, in no way, reflective of the entire Blizzard community or potential buyers of Overwatch. That is it. The evidence that exists is useless.

On March 30 2016 05:52 thePunGun wrote:
Oh god I love the Internet...people having opinons and arguments about insignificant s**t to prove their point... But in the end all the pages of inults and whining really proof, is that it's a huge pile of nonsense about nothing! Nothing at all!
Everthing is racist, sexist, misogynist, or even facist these days.
Remember the times when you could just tell a joke for the sake of a joke and nobody got offended?!
When did we become a society of cry babies....I better stop, before I offen....arrhhHHHhhh!!!!

Those never existed. The argument we are currently has been going on forever in different form. When people old offensive jokes, its just that you were not aware of the people who took offense. The internet made you aware they existed.


Remember the 90s? We had internet back then...Remember a song called "Baby got back" which was also released in the 90s and nobody made a fuss out of it? (except people over 50 maybe)

I was in high school in the 90s, the internet was very different back then. Anyone who claims otherwise wasn’t paying attention. And people had these discussion in the 90s. They made a whole movie about PC culture, mocking it, but also pointing out it was productive and helpful. It was called PCU.

Social media did not exist back then, people were not sharing their opinions on anything and anyone...people love to put themselves above others. This whole "You're doing it wrong!" culture is cancer for any sane mind....and yes I said cancer...did I offend you?

No, I am not offended by the use of cancer. But it tells me a lot that you have degraded into the “you mad bro” section of this discussion. This is some high level shit here.

The internet is different. It has become more accessible to more people. People are online all the time due to smart phones. There are different groups that have obtained internet access in the last 10 years that traditionally did not. And there are people on the interent not used to conflicting opinions that might issues like "women's bodies" or "sexualization" in their given hobby.

And it was the fanboys of comics that perfected the “If you do not love the thing I love for the exact reasons I love it, you are doing it wrong” mode of gate keeping. That naturally has had cross over into games. The endless, whining objections of entrenched fans to have a product created only for them is nothing new. And of course, the main focus of this outrage normally centers of the depiction of women and if a developer decides to tone down the T&A. Then the angry threads and posts about Anime titties and booty arrive.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 21:31:47
March 29 2016 21:27 GMT
#2686
[image loading]

It's almost an outright lie to say that this is overly sexualized and thus unsuitable for a girl character because of that.

It's not at all IMO. It's a female body - big deal. Go outside, look around and you will see dozens of them everywhere.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 21:35:36
March 29 2016 21:31 GMT
#2687
Bottom line is we are talking about a female character in yoga pants looking over her shoulder....
My gf goes to the gym in yoga pants once a week. Does she show off her butt intentionally? Yes she does. Are people offended? Maybe. Does she care? No.
edit: These are the answers I got when I showed her the picture fyi
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 21:36:13
March 29 2016 21:32 GMT
#2688
Bro, I sleep next to one every night, I don't even need to go outside. And you misrepresented my argument to make your point. No one said sexualization was bad or couldn't be done. But every character doesn't need to be like that. That is why Blizzard removed the pose. They didn't want to focus on that aspect of Tracer when there are other characters with that trait.

And once again, you can't compare real, live people with agency to a dress up doll that is a video game character. Women can wear whatever they want. Video game characters don't make choices, they are not real. They have no agency.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 21:38:12
March 29 2016 21:33 GMT
#2689
Even if people wanted to edit the yoga pants i would get that and there is compromise to be made. If you think the character is overly sexualized (which is a stretch IMO, she's pretty tame & playful) then that's the thing to edit.

The pose doesn't even show the butt in other skins.

I think it's wrong to strip what little sexuality she has, there is an outside force here pressing all female characters into acting & dressing a certain way to the point of being inhuman. As a progressive (and a human) i find that quite offensive.
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
March 29 2016 21:34 GMT
#2690
OMFG I was in a intense Torbjorn game then Overwatch DC'd me. FUADSFKASDFLASFD

YOU CANT DO THAT TO ME BLIZZ.

I feel so goddamn blueballed right now.
Skol
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
March 29 2016 21:34 GMT
#2691
I still didn't get into Beta.







Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 29 2016 21:35 GMT
#2692
On March 30 2016 06:34 Emnjay808 wrote:
OMFG I was in a intense Torbjorn game then Overwatch DC'd me. FUADSFKASDFLASFD

YOU CANT DO THAT TO ME BLIZZ.

I feel so goddamn blueballed right now.

You continue to bring the content in this thread that I am looking for. I need to be in this beta. Or the one in May, but really right now would be better.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
March 29 2016 21:42 GMT
#2693
I feel for the bros who didnt get the beta. This is the most fun from a game that I've had in a while. And the past couple years I thought I was just too old and jaded to enjoy video games anymore.

I think a critical element that plays into me having so much fun is how the games are extremely fast paced. And that I dont have to commit a serious amount of time to get a good game in. Also if Im in a bad game then I dont have to wait longer than 5 minutes for it to finish then I can move on to the next one.
Skol
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
March 29 2016 21:47 GMT
#2694
On March 30 2016 06:42 Emnjay808 wrote:
I feel for the bros who didnt get the beta. This is the most fun from a game that I've had in a while. And the past couple years I thought I was just too old and jaded to enjoy video games anymore.

I think a critical element that plays into me having so much fun is how the games are extremely fast paced. And that I dont have to commit a serious amount of time to get a good game in. Also if Im in a bad game then I dont have to wait longer than 5 minutes for it to finish then I can move on to the next one.



Bold part is why i like TF2 and cant wait for Overwatch, also why i dislike CS.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-29 22:14:11
March 29 2016 22:03 GMT
#2695
Hmm I found that pose actually a good representation for Tracer, especially in the victory screen together with some other poses, it really went into that got your back direction. Looked weird on its own though. So doesn't matter much to me, especially since its Tracer. But people really find that pose sexy, good to know ! I'll make sure to never look behind my back now >.> .

But I really dislike that rage Winston pose out of TBs video. Oh on reddit someone is trying to change the Secret Keeper Pose by copying the Tracer thread !
Heyjoray
Profile Joined September 2015
240 Posts
March 29 2016 22:52 GMT
#2696
Only 1 week until this bullshit is over. I cant wait for it. Its borderline retarded: They are open about things and people abuse that for cheap youtube presence and copy/paste opinions. Its gonna be great: Their next beta is gonna be under NDA because you guys go crazy over this shit
flipstar
Profile Joined January 2011
226 Posts
March 29 2016 22:54 GMT
#2697
0 shits was given about the bootypose from this user. That said, I thought the pose was pretty cool and reflected her speedy nature.
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
March 29 2016 23:41 GMT
#2698
I still haven't gotten in the beta either
jxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil307 Posts
March 30 2016 00:23 GMT
#2699
I could care less as well about that pose or whatever the hell they do with it. I just want to play! :D
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
March 30 2016 00:27 GMT
#2700
Even as a ass man I find it hard to give a single fuck about this matter. I guess Kaplan could have phrased the initial post better.

Then again I still don't even have an invite.
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 253
ProTech127
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 185
Dewaltoss 132
Bale 35
sSak 32
ZergMaN 21
NotJumperer 11
Noble 11
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 652
Other Games
summit1g10849
Sick200
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick793
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1237
• Lourlo1110
• Stunt622
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 24m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 24m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 24m
Replay Cast
16h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.