• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10987 users

Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 101 102 103 Next
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
April 30 2014 21:39 GMT
#61
peliwyr is too big for 6players IMO

any map with 15+ provinces per player is too much.
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
April 30 2014 22:24 GMT
#62
No way I'll be getting my first turn in before friday night, from then on its a go .

knuckle
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-01 06:04:49
May 01 2014 06:00 GMT
#63
On May 01 2014 06:39 xuanzue wrote:
peliwyr is too big for 6players IMO

any map with 15+ provinces per player is too much.

Fair enough.

How about Biddyn?
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/biddyn-849-wraparound

Any other suggestions before I roll it out?

On May 01 2014 05:43 Skirmjan wrote:
i'm probably unable to play for the rest of this week and the next, but i'm in as a sub if someone needs to drop out after that, or for a TL game #2

We can roll out a second TL only game sometime then.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
May 01 2014 07:23 GMT
#64
im tempted to join but because I am still extremely noob I think id like to watch a game unfold and maybe get in on the next one.
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-01 08:23:40
May 01 2014 08:17 GMT
#65
On May 01 2014 16:23 PassiveAce wrote:
im tempted to join but because I am still extremely noob I think id like to watch a game unfold and maybe get in on the next one.


just join the game.

about the map, I agree.
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
May 01 2014 08:56 GMT
#66
On May 01 2014 16:23 PassiveAce wrote:
im tempted to join but because I am still extremely noob I think id like to watch a game unfold and maybe get in on the next one.

I think most of us on this forum are newbie.

I think I, heatExtend and xuanzue have more experience but, speaking for myself, I haven't won a multiplayer game of Dominions in...12 games or something? :O
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 01 2014 09:13 GMT
#67
I am extremely noob too, this is going to be my first multiplayer game. We are natural allies, PassiveAce! :D

Just to make sure about the rules, what are the standards regarding exploits (like having undisciplined units have commands, not sure if it hasn't been fixed ? but things like that) and diplomacy? Or are we going to play a no-diplo game?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-01 16:39:37
May 01 2014 16:36 GMT
#68
On May 01 2014 18:13 Scip wrote:
We are natural allies, PassiveAce! :D


And so it begins.....



I've played a couple MP games and participated in a blitz tourney (Really fun but the logistics were hell ) a couple years ago, but then RL kicked down the door. Turns out trying to play FPS, Fighters, RPG's and 4X games all while still "having a life" gets kinda hard, and Dom had to go . So I have some experience, but that's about it .

For rules I'd say:

Machiavellian diplo, alliances/non-aggression pacts aren't binding.
Binding trades, "thanks for those brands but I won't be sending those gems" is a nono.
No rollbacks, ever, under any circumstance, once a turn gets processed, that's it.
Time extensions where needed, no obnoxious stalling. This will be up to the admin to.......admin .
Obviously no exploits etc. I have no clue about exploits/bugs in Dom 4 but when something strange comes up, google, and we should all trust each other to do the same.

Anything else ?
knuckle
PassiveAce
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States18076 Posts
May 01 2014 18:29 GMT
#69
shit...
Just remembered that I only have a pirated copy right now because I dont have 35 bucks to drop.
When I get the money together Il join, hopefully in the next game. Il be watching this one very eagerly though!
Call me Marge Simpson cuz I love you homie
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
May 01 2014 21:28 GMT
#70
So I've only played like five small games, and only halfway through. And only during early age. So I have a few questions.

How different is middle era compared to early era?

What's the easiest early era race to play?

Is it okay to have a fountain or tree god dude that just sits there and makes your lands better? How bad do you need a god that can move around and kill things?

Should I generally try to make the max amount of sacred troops from my captial every turn?
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
May 01 2014 22:31 GMT
#71
1: later era's have less magic sites/more armored troops available (as a very general guideline)
2: just avoid blood nations and astral nations
3: this really depends on what you're going for
4: this also depends on what your going for
knuckle
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
May 01 2014 23:13 GMT
#72
dammit, game too complicated.
Ultraliskhero
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
May 02 2014 01:50 GMT
#73
As noob as I am I think I can answer the last one.

Only make sacred troops if they're good. Like I'm playing EA Pangaea in my MP game, and they're sacreds are White Centaurs who aren't that much better than regular centaur warriors, so I never make them.
Also if you do decide to focus on sacred troops, you probably want to have your pretender take good blessings for them,
taurum
Profile Joined April 2009
Germany43 Posts
May 02 2014 10:04 GMT
#74
Is the game already going? Otherwise i would be interested as well
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
May 02 2014 14:18 GMT
#75
I'm guessing it'll be a little while before we are actually rolling so I'm sure you're welcome to join still
knuckle
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
May 02 2014 20:25 GMT
#76
On May 02 2014 08:13 Capricis wrote:
dammit, game too complicated.


It really isn't, you just have to get over that "bump", as with any sweet game .
knuckle
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-03 17:02:26
May 03 2014 17:02 GMT
#77
So, when are we gonna get started Lord Tolkien? I am excited like a little girl :3
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
May 03 2014 17:18 GMT
#78
I have created a game in the llama

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=teamliquid1

all the conditions are standard, and needs 7/7 thrones to declare victory

it allow 8 slots max because the new people interested but we can start it with just 6/7 players

please revise that all is ok.
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
May 03 2014 19:02 GMT
#79
I assume 10 HoF entries? Not like it matters much anyway :3
how do I join? Can't find the join button anywhere
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
May 03 2014 20:59 GMT
#80
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35160 explains everything u need to know
knuckle
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 101 102 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 569
ProTech140
UpATreeSC 130
Nina 55
JuggernautJason50
MindelVK 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28987
Calm 2750
Mini 158
firebathero 121
Dewaltoss 107
soO 48
HiyA 27
Bale 24
Hyun 24
NaDa 21
[ Show more ]
Aegong 18
PianO 18
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8716
XaKoH 302
canceldota18
monkeys_forever0
League of Legends
Doublelift843
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1616
fl0m1446
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu750
Other Games
FrodaN2168
B2W.Neo680
Beastyqt575
mouzStarbuck299
ToD193
Livibee180
KnowMe143
C9.Mang0118
Trikslyr117
RotterdaM101
Mew2King42
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen122
Other Games
• imaqtpie1147
• Shiphtur839
• WagamamaTV233
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 37m
Replay Cast
3h 22m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.