• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10987 users

Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 101 102 103 Next
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
April 25 2014 09:12 GMT
#41
It is indeed (because it was [and is?] the most annoying gamey-ist thing in the world). However, it may still be in the code.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Ultraliskhero
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
April 27 2014 14:24 GMT
#42
Does the sailing ability allow your army to cross a water province even if you don't control it? I just had a Berytos army cross the water even though the water province was still indy.
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
April 27 2014 17:55 GMT
#43
I'm a noob just learning the game against the AI atm. How do you effectively attack water provinces if you aren't a water nation? I understand you can find a province that can make those murlock guys, but they look terrible.

And how significant is the morale bonus commanders give to troops? I read the manual and it didn't seem like too big of a deal to have 1-3 less morale?
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-27 19:28:45
April 27 2014 19:10 GMT
#44
On April 27 2014 23:24 Ultraliskhero wrote:
Does the sailing ability allow your army to cross a water province even if you don't control it? I just had a Berytos army cross the water even though the water province was still indy.

Yes. Depends on the map which can affect the distance (hover over it) but you can move 2 water provinces. It doesn't care about who owns the water provinces.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-27 19:28:19
April 27 2014 19:14 GMT
#45
Also,
You have items that give waterbreathing to commanders and armies, summons that are amphibious (water mostly), and a global enchantment (blessing of thetis) that allows all land troops to enter the water.

On morale, id say its pretty huge. Every point below 10 makes the chance of routing on damage for the whole squad much higher. It makes your troops susceptible to fear/awe effects. If you have low morale, a Dom10 Dragon (picking Dom10 in pretender select confers an an awe bonus) will be impervious to all your troops, because massive fear (reduces your troops morale further)+morale check necessary to attack, and your troops are likely to auto-rout without attacking once.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Ultraliskhero
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
April 29 2014 05:32 GMT
#46
My first ever MP game is heating up as an enemy army attacked and is now right beside one of my forts, and I'm assuming he will attack me at that fort the next turn, so I got a series of questions regarding my situation.

1. I just want to confirm that any unit that I want to use to fight his army at my fort province must have the patrol command right? If they're on defend, or research or whatever, they won't actually fight? Also, the new units recruited that turn will not be able to fight right? (since they're garrisoned inside)

2. I have an army beside my fort province, and also another one ( my main force) 2 provinces away, both of which I will move to the fort to defend. I want to confirm that my army moving into the fort province will fight the enemy moving in? Also, both of these armies moving in should be combined together along with my patrolling force, and they'll all fight the battle together? as opposed to each army fighting the enemy army in sequential order? (be really bad if this is the case lol)

3. In the event that the enemy didn't attack my fort, and instead attacked a province that my main force is crossing while moving back to my fort, would these armies battle?

Lastly, any tips on fighting EA Sauromantia as Pangaea? The army attacking me consists of a large number of Sauromantian archers and Androphag archers, along with a decent number of Oiorpatias. I have a decent number of centaur warriors that I think I can tell to attack archer to kill all their archers? other than that I have a squad of satyr warriors, along with some horned serpents and very few minotaurs that i'm thinking of using to hold the line against the Oiorpatias, perhaps my centaurs will route the archers and then turn around for the Oiorpatias? I'm kind of scared of the Oiorpatias because they're W9 blessed with a total of 24 Def.

I'm also kinda of scared about their archers hitting my commanders, which would be pretty bad. Any tips on how to best prevent my Pan from getting unluckly sniped? Also, I could potentially bring 5 dryads to the fight, which I think would help decently by casting tangle vines on the Oiorpatias, but I scared that they will die to arrow fire.

Thanks TL!
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
April 29 2014 09:56 GMT
#47
All fights happen after movement if I'm not mistaken so he won't catch your army like that. Also, use plenty of archer bait guys with shields. That's all I got
knuckle
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
April 29 2014 10:45 GMT
#48
1) Yes. Patrol only will fight outside the castle.
2) If you use the move and patrol command, yes. If just regular move, theyll defend inside the keep. Also no, there is no sequential order fights. The fight will take place with them combined, provided the movement wasn't disrupted by thugs using rituals (magic movement and battles occur before normal movement and battles).
3) No.
4) I'm too tired to give anything coherent atm. Can't remember what Sauro even has.
5) give them some cheap E1 or N1 shields, thats all I got atm.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
April 29 2014 11:15 GMT
#49
I'm also kinda of scared about their archers hitting my commanders, which would be pretty bad. Any tips on how to best prevent my Pan from getting unluckly sniped? Also, I could potentially bring 5 dryads to the fight, which I think would help decently by casting tangle vines on the Oiorpatias, but I scared that they will die to arrow fire.


cast mossbody, and put pockets of isolated soldiers (satyrs maybe) with the guard commander order, sometimes archers will shoot at them instead of the mass of soldiers.

[image loading]

Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-29 18:57:25
April 29 2014 18:56 GMT
#50
That's one method of archer decoys. It only works reliably against indies, because players can always script around the decoys if they go for something other than attack closest.

Once you learn the system, you realize there's plenty of great tricks you can pull off with the new formations too.


Also, how many of you would be interested in a TL Dom4 game?
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
April 29 2014 20:37 GMT
#51
I'd play if we get 24hrs+ per move.
HeatEXTEND
Profile Joined October 2012
Netherlands836 Posts
April 29 2014 21:11 GMT
#52
1 turn per day and I'm in.
knuckle
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
April 29 2014 21:41 GMT
#53
1 turn per day is pretty standard unless you blitzing or hotseating
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Ultraliskhero
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada249 Posts
April 30 2014 01:14 GMT
#54
I'm down to play.

also. damm I asked all those questions and planned out my battle well, only to forget the "move and patrol" command...
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
April 30 2014 08:08 GMT
#55
I'm in.

On April 30 2014 10:14 Ultraliskhero wrote:

also. damm I asked all those questions and planned out my battle well, only to forget the "move and patrol" command...


rofl



Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
April 30 2014 19:10 GMT
#56
Confirmed to Tolkien in a PM but just for completeness, I'm in for the tl game as well :3
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
April 30 2014 20:29 GMT
#57
we are 6 now, enough number to have a game.

define age and map to create the pretender and go :p
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
April 30 2014 20:40 GMT
#58
I'm going to leave the informal recruitment open for a little while longer since I can't do shit until the weekend lol, but

MA, Peliwyr

Also: Worthy Heroes 1.21 for mods. Because better heroes are never bad.

Get things prepped up and I'll get the game settings started sometime tonight/tomorrow.
"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
Skirmjan
Profile Joined October 2012
Italy190 Posts
April 30 2014 20:43 GMT
#59
i'm probably unable to play for the rest of this week and the next, but i'm in as a sub if someone needs to drop out after that, or for a TL game #2
Capresis
Profile Joined September 2008
United States518 Posts
April 30 2014 21:36 GMT
#60
Okay, I think I downloaded the map/mod to the right place and am ready whenever lol. So who else really sucks?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 101 102 103 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 569
ProTech140
UpATreeSC 130
Nina 55
JuggernautJason50
MindelVK 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28987
Calm 2750
Mini 158
firebathero 121
Dewaltoss 107
soO 48
HiyA 27
Bale 24
Hyun 24
NaDa 21
[ Show more ]
Aegong 18
PianO 18
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8716
XaKoH 302
canceldota18
monkeys_forever0
League of Legends
Doublelift843
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1616
fl0m1446
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu750
Other Games
FrodaN2168
B2W.Neo680
Beastyqt575
mouzStarbuck299
ToD193
Livibee180
KnowMe143
C9.Mang0118
Trikslyr117
RotterdaM101
Mew2King42
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen122
Other Games
• imaqtpie1147
• Shiphtur839
• WagamamaTV233
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 37m
Replay Cast
3h 22m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.