• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:22
CEST 15:22
KST 22:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War465.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7821 users

Path of Exile - Page 1351

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-24 21:47:20
December 24 2017 21:11 GMT
#27001
On December 25 2017 04:53 Duvon wrote:
How do you handle the ~3sec 10% hp per sec dot without overleech from slayer?

After/ between fights that is.

At character lvl 90. 45% per second, reduced by max fire rest which you can easily bring to 79% or 80%.
So you need about 9% life regen to counter it. Should not be that hard.

EDIT: I am trying to come up with Molten Strike build for Oni, but since I got 0 experience with that skill I go no idea what kind of numbers I should be looking for in PoB or how to make sure multiple balls hit same target.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-24 23:26:12
December 24 2017 22:31 GMT
#27002
Well, you'll want Molten Strike + Ancestral Call + Multistrike + WED + Ele Focus + Conc Effect usually to scale the balls.

My build will end up with about 80-100k Standard Boss dps per Ball according to PoB until lvl 90 depending on what choice I'll make and assuming 6L, Frenzy, Onslaught, Golem, Blood Rage, Point Blank (10 travel distance, dunno how far they actually travel) and Ancestral Protector as well as Anger + Herald of Ash. Also activated Wise Oak. I'm using two Grelwood Shank so I'm shooting lots of balls, 11 without Dying Sun and Helmet enchmant and more thanks to Ancestral Call.

Just for you to compare, even doing half of what I'm doing should feel great. Currently at lvl 86 and the damage is much better than with my last 2 builds (Storm Call, Ice Shot /w Blast Rain for ST). Everything melts, did T14 Daresso pretty easily (but I had to micro to not die ofc).
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-25 00:44:54
December 25 2017 00:38 GMT
#27003
On December 25 2017 07:31 HolydaKing wrote:
Well, you'll want Molten Strike + Ancestral Call + Multistrike + WED + Ele Focus + Conc Effect usually to scale the balls.

My build will end up with about 80-100k Standard Boss dps per Ball according to PoB until lvl 90 depending on what choice I'll make and assuming 6L, Frenzy, Onslaught, Golem, Blood Rage, Point Blank (10 travel distance, dunno how far they actually travel) and Ancestral Protector as well as Anger + Herald of Ash. Also activated Wise Oak. I'm using two Grelwood Shank so I'm shooting lots of balls, 11 without Dying Sun and Helmet enchmant and more thanks to Ancestral Call.

Just for you to compare, even doing half of what I'm doing should feel great. Currently at lvl 86 and the damage is much better than with my last 2 builds (Storm Call, Ice Shot /w Blast Rain for ST). Everything melts, did T14 Daresso pretty easily (but I had to micro to not die ofc).

I saw someone post a Scion 2x Grelwood Shank build on forums. This sounds like that one :D

I noticed that PoB does not know how to count Multistrike for Molten Strike projectile part. And I would be replacing Ele Focus with Inc Crit strike with Oni-Goroshi version.
Also while PoB author brought the weapon into PoB he didn't bring in Her Embrace buff so PoB does not show true damage numbers.

Also, you are not using Fire Pen?
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 25 2017 01:30 GMT
#27004
Nah, I got 14% fire pen from tree and 15% from Wise Oak, and lately am using Anger + Elemental Weakness on Blasphemy. Then I only got like 96 mana but it doesn't seem like a problem at all with 30 MGOH from Thief's Torment which I'm using.

Inc crit switch for Oni-Goroshi would be fine for you since you'd go crit with that I guess. I'm using Scion too to start from Templar and get EO and get lots of Jewels and Raider Scion is pretty good too.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 25 2017 01:44 GMT
#27005
This is best version of Oni-Goroshi Molten Strike I could make with my bad knowledge of making non spellcasters (90% of my characters are spellcasters or super hipster failures):
POB link: https://pastebin.com/pPTDGYMq

Raider with over 6000 life and lots of dodge and evasion.
Got Balls DPS to over 100k vs boss fights (+all the extra DPS Her Blessing buff gives and that should probably be more than 2x increase).
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-25 02:37:41
December 25 2017 02:22 GMT
#27006
On December 25 2017 09:38 -Archangel- wrote:
I noticed that PoB does not know how to count Multistrike for Molten Strike projectile part. And I would be replacing Ele Focus with Inc Crit strike with Oni-Goroshi version.

Inc Crits isn't all that good, at least with a lot of weapon attack-based builds. The relative gain in going from ~60% crit to ~80% crit is less than what you get from just adding a link that's another straight more multiplier. Spells have access to Controlled Destruction, which boosts the relative value of crit, but attack builds have no equivalent support, so once your crit % is sufficiently high, you're better off with other multipliers. With the setup you linked in PoB you'd get better damage with Added Fire.

Cutting Ele Focus to make Oni-Goroshi work, I would use Molten - Multi - Ancestral - EDWA - Added Fire - Conc. Immolate is technically higher DPS but it's the same issue with Hypothermia on Frost Blades--you'd rather have more shit die on the first hit rather than having marginally higher DPS on every hit after that.

Can swap Ancestral for another link like Fire Pen on bosses if you have the bandwidth to swap.
Moderator
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
December 25 2017 08:06 GMT
#27007
Is molten strike bad at anything?
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-25 09:21:20
December 25 2017 09:19 GMT
#27008
On December 25 2017 11:22 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2017 09:38 -Archangel- wrote:
I noticed that PoB does not know how to count Multistrike for Molten Strike projectile part. And I would be replacing Ele Focus with Inc Crit strike with Oni-Goroshi version.

Inc Crits isn't all that good, at least with a lot of weapon attack-based builds. The relative gain in going from ~60% crit to ~80% crit is less than what you get from just adding a link that's another straight more multiplier. Spells have access to Controlled Destruction, which boosts the relative value of crit, but attack builds have no equivalent support, so once your crit % is sufficiently high, you're better off with other multipliers. With the setup you linked in PoB you'd get better damage with Added Fire.

Cutting Ele Focus to make Oni-Goroshi work, I would use Molten - Multi - Ancestral - EDWA - Added Fire - Conc. Immolate is technically higher DPS but it's the same issue with Hypothermia on Frost Blades--you'd rather have more shit die on the first hit rather than having marginally higher DPS on every hit after that.

Can swap Ancestral for another link like Fire Pen on bosses if you have the bandwidth to swap.

Normally I would agree with you but with Oni-Goroshi you want to ignite enemies asap so the buff kicks in which basically doubles your DPS. That is why I put in inc critical.
But I do agree about Immolate. I only tried it because PoB does not handle multistrike well.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-25 09:24:55
December 25 2017 09:21 GMT
#27009
On December 25 2017 10:44 -Archangel- wrote:
This is best version of Oni-Goroshi Molten Strike I could make with my bad knowledge of making non spellcasters (90% of my characters are spellcasters or super hipster failures):
POB link: https://pastebin.com/pPTDGYMq

Raider with over 6000 life and lots of dodge and evasion.
Got Balls DPS to over 100k vs boss fights (+all the extra DPS Her Blessing buff gives and that should probably be more than 2x increase).

Yeah well you switched out Multistrike in the PoB which gives you a higher number since it apparently truely doesn't work correctly in PoB. If you go with Assassin's Mark + Blasphemy I'd definitely not use Crit Chance and rather use Added Fire / Immolate instead of Ele Focus like said above. I don't agree that Immolate would likely be worse though since you only would need it against tough targets and with how fast you attack with Molten Strike everything will burn incredibly fast.

Also it's possible that for your set up Fire Penetration is usually better. I generally find it weird since you skip all the great Elemental Damage + Ele penetration nodes, you should at least remove the Shadow phys/sword nodes and get the Primeval Force node imo. Also Elemental Damage to Attacks from Abyss Jewels, especially Fire, is a lot better than the Physical ones you chose, which doesn't really match with the GG items you have otherwise, lol.

You'll miss out the fun of LGOH / MGOH that you'd usually have with Molten Strike with Claws / Thief's Torment though with your PoB build.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-25 09:32:21
December 25 2017 09:22 GMT
#27010
You only need to ignite once every 3s to maintain the buff. 50-60% crit + Diamond Flask is plenty to ensure basically no downtime especially given the sheer number of damage instances Molten Strike hits with.
Moderator
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-25 09:28:59
December 25 2017 09:26 GMT
#27011
By the way is it my imagination or does Ancestral Call make skills hit single targets twice, making it not bad for that? I at least didn't feel the need to switch that gem out for bosses yet.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 25 2017 09:29 GMT
#27012
On December 25 2017 18:21 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2017 10:44 -Archangel- wrote:
This is best version of Oni-Goroshi Molten Strike I could make with my bad knowledge of making non spellcasters (90% of my characters are spellcasters or super hipster failures):
POB link: https://pastebin.com/pPTDGYMq

Raider with over 6000 life and lots of dodge and evasion.
Got Balls DPS to over 100k vs boss fights (+all the extra DPS Her Blessing buff gives and that should probably be more than 2x increase).

Yeah well you switched out Multistrike in the PoB which gives you a higher number since it apparently truely doesn't work correctly in PoB. If you go with Assassin's Mark + Blasphemy I'd definitely not use Crit Chance and rather use Added Fire / Immolate instead of Ele Focus like said above. I don't agree that Immolate would likely be worse though since you only would need it against tough targets and with how fast you attack with Molten Strike everything will burn incredibly fast.

Also it's possible that for your set up Fire Penetration is usually better. I generally find it weird since you skip all the great Elemental Damage + Ele penetration nodes, you should at least remove the Shadow phys/sword nodes and get the Primeval Force node imo. Also Elemental Damage to Attacks from Abyss Jewels, especially Fire, is a lot better than the Physical ones you chose, which doesn't really match with the GG items you have otherwise, lol.

You'll miss out the fun of LGOH / MGOH that you'd usually have with Molten Strike with Claws / Thief's Torment though with your PoB build.

PoB does not count in Her Embrace buff. It gives 123% added fire from physical and 20% attack speed. This is why I scale physical and crit. The real dps is at least 2x what PoB says.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 25 2017 09:32 GMT
#27013
On December 25 2017 18:22 TheYango wrote:
You only need to ignite once every 3s to maintain the buff. 50-60% crit + Diamond Flask is plenty to ensure next to no downtime.

True. But Don't I lose out on crit multi nodes that don't do much if I am not criting?
I might as well only use crit for igniting or use chance to ignite and flammability?
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 25 2017 09:34 GMT
#27014
You don't "lose out" on your multi by having 60% crit instead of 80% crit. It's all multiplicative scaling and you eventually hit the point of a different More multiplier being a bigger increase than stacking more of what you've got.
Moderator
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-25 10:06:53
December 25 2017 10:06 GMT
#27015
Yaaa. After 50 or more Hillock runs, it finally dropped. And with almost perfect roll
Now I just need to decide on the exact build for it :D
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 25 2017 10:44 GMT
#27016
On December 25 2017 01:37 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 25 2017 00:42 r.Evo wrote:
Bank of Evo has delivered. <3

What is the interest rate of Bank of Evo ? :D

The interest rate is that it's in my interest to be in a guild where I can easily borrow currency if I need it as well. =P


On December 25 2017 18:34 TheYango wrote:
You don't "lose out" on your multi by having 60% crit instead of 80% crit. It's all multiplicative scaling and you eventually hit the point of a different More multiplier being a bigger increase than stacking more of what you've got.

People also tend to forget how good diamond flasks are, pushing for example towards 80% natural crit chance is complete overkill and the effort to get there is usually better invested elsewhere.

This is what a Diamond Flask does to your crit chance:

40% crit = 64% effective crit
50% crit = 75% effective crit
60% crit = 84% effective crit
70% crit = 91% effective crit
80% crit = 96% effective crit

If it's only about keeping Her Embrace up even the base crit of the weapon would likely be enough already with anything that attacks reasonably fast, analogue to how non-crit builds can keep up EO with an Orb of Storms or similar things already.

That being said, it's probably a waste to not scale the weapon with crit in the first place.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
December 25 2017 14:20 GMT
#27017
I'm glad ggg have included some serious drawbacks with this weapon. Chiefly, the dialogue is the worst I've seen outside of a shitty fanfiction.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 25 2017 16:21 GMT
#27018
On December 25 2017 23:20 bo1b wrote:
I'm glad ggg have included some serious drawbacks with this weapon. Chiefly, the dialogue is the worst I've seen outside of a shitty fanfiction.

Lol
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-25 22:02:02
December 25 2017 17:43 GMT
#27019
+ Show Spoiler [wrong thread sorry] +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2kfa__pzbk

That trombone solo in the first song.

still is a kick-ass trombone solo though.


I don't know whether to pick up more damage since it's softcore or go for pure HP nodes from now on.
https://pastebin.com/gvRXaaph
As mentioned earlier, it's mostly about being really tanky while flickering around, so I should probably have pumped health a lot earlier. But damage is nice.
Itemwise I'm picking up lioneyes flask next, and after that I'm thinking of balancing my resists and getting the wise oak for a bit of help in the elemental department.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 25 2017 23:24 GMT
#27020
On December 26 2017 02:43 Duvon wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [wrong thread sorry] +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2kfa__pzbk

That trombone solo in the first song.

still is a kick-ass trombone solo though.


I don't know whether to pick up more damage since it's softcore or go for pure HP nodes from now on.
https://pastebin.com/gvRXaaph
As mentioned earlier, it's mostly about being really tanky while flickering around, so I should probably have pumped health a lot earlier. But damage is nice.
Itemwise I'm picking up lioneyes flask next, and after that I'm thinking of balancing my resists and getting the wise oak for a bit of help in the elemental department.

125% inc Life?! Wait what?!
That is not nearly enough, not even for softcore. You went way overboard with armor that protects only vs physical damage attacks that hit.
Prev 1 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 277
TKL 226
CranKy Ducklings108
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko501
Serral 400
TKL 226
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex 103
ProTech101
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62568
Free 2348
Jaedong 1566
BeSt 572
Horang2 322
firebathero 231
Zeus 198
Last 112
Hyun 110
Pusan 81
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 69
910 37
soO 36
Aegong 21
Noble 20
Yoon 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 15
Rock 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6793
Dendi943
XaKoH 436
canceldota87
Other Games
gofns35210
singsing2336
B2W.Neo491
byalli361
Pyrionflax300
ToD192
Mlord128
DeMusliM108
Liquid`VortiX85
QueenE65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1770
League of Legends
• Jankos2953
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 38m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.