• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:40
CEST 21:40
KST 04:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8668 users

Path of Exile - Page 1349

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
December 22 2017 08:32 GMT
#26961
You can just roll a fresh flask if you still think you'll use that one. It's not like Sulphur Flasks are particularly rare or anything.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 22 2017 08:44 GMT
#26962
Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing.

Also looking at helms while I'm at it though. That fire damage is only about ~3% loss for me and I could get an easy ~150 more life out of a rare one for a few c...
Fleetfeet
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Canada2836 Posts
December 22 2017 09:23 GMT
#26963
I feel like I wanna cwc charged dash with The Whispering Ice, but I also feel like charged dash will be pretty ass as a mobility skill without fairly heavy investment into movespeed.

Is that true?
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 22 2017 10:34 GMT
#26964
On December 22 2017 18:23 Fleetfeet wrote:
I feel like I wanna cwc charged dash with The Whispering Ice, but I also feel like charged dash will be pretty ass as a mobility skill without fairly heavy investment into movespeed.

Is that true?

From what I have seen Charges Dash usage vs tougher single targets is cancer. You don't want to use this skill.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 22 2017 10:41 GMT
#26965
I need ideas on what skill to use to apply my curse.
Currently I am using a cwdt+bladefall+CoH+Warlord's mark. I was using just cwdt for a long while but then my warlords needed to stay at low level and never gave me endurance charges and it was short duration.
I chose Bladefall because it has decent AoE and it is not a projectile that slowly travels towards enemies and it can hit anyone within my screen even if I am not close to them. But I noticed it has a small delay which can be a difference between life and death as it is my main way to leech life and mana.
Ball lightning is slow and Arc does not hit many targets (especially low level arc)

Any ideas?
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10965 Posts
December 22 2017 10:50 GMT
#26966
Maybe Shocknova?
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-22 11:22:43
December 22 2017 11:16 GMT
#26967
On December 22 2017 19:50 Velr wrote:
Maybe Shocknova?

It has same problem as Blade Vortex, it is too short range.

EDIT: Cold Snap could work but it has a low AoE that goes up as it levels and I want to keep CWDT at low level.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-22 12:07:37
December 22 2017 12:06 GMT
#26968
what about faster projectiles the ball lightning? self cast that is then.
Hmm Contagion-AoE?
Oh you want to keep it codt.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 22 2017 12:29 GMT
#26969
On December 22 2017 11:45 bo1b wrote:
I have two poets pens, I think I need to make a build now. I need the memest of options which is still good for class choice please, currently leaning towards necromancer.

Maxblock on damage taken necro while dual wielding wands, let's go.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-22 13:16:32
December 22 2017 13:13 GMT
#26970
On December 22 2017 21:06 Duvon wrote:
what about faster projectiles the ball lightning? self cast that is then.
Hmm Contagion-AoE?
Oh you want to keep it codt.

Hmm Contagion.. does that even hit? I need to research if that can work :D
EDIT: Seems contagion does not hit afterall so it cannot curse on hit.
I cannot self cast the curse because I got other stuff to self cast and I need to leech stuff as fast as possible after I get hit.
And I cannot use Blasphemy because I am MoM and need all mana for tanking
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 22 2017 15:15 GMT
#26971
On December 22 2017 21:29 r.Evo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 22 2017 11:45 bo1b wrote:
I have two poets pens, I think I need to make a build now. I need the memest of options which is still good for class choice please, currently leaning towards necromancer.

Maxblock on damage taken necro while dual wielding wands, let's go.

Actually the "hot meme" for necro poet's pen is permanent immortal call (which somewhat obviates max block) and your abuse of offerings centers around flesh offering as the best IAS buff to get to 8 APS for 2 spells per pen

I haven't run the numbers on it vs like raider but if nothing else it's funny and I hate situations like lab trials where you lose your frenzy charges as raider.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-22 19:54:28
December 22 2017 19:54 GMT
#26972
On December 21 2017 22:50 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 15:55 EchelonTee wrote:
Guild exalting together = good times :D

+ Show Spoiler [my jewel] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [exalted] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [plato joins in] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [exalted] +
[image loading]


Whoa are those really worth slamming? I could swear I've vendored abyss similar to those. What do you expect to get from those? Also what are good stats on an abyss?

if you see elemental damage that adds up to 60 or more (so it's 30+ average dmg), you should take notice. So 3 to 65 light dmg = 34 average lightning damage, which is really really good for an elemental build. Elemental is generally not that popular, but it's made a resurgence this league partly because of abyss jewels. So my jewel had 2 really good elemental rolls (lightning is generally preferred because of Arcing Blows on the passive tree), and life, which is mandatory for me.

Plato's jewel is better than mine, because it's 48 life which Is T1. If you ever see a jewel with 46-50 life with 1-2 other good stats you should take notice. I decided to exalt mine because I was pretty sure I would never replace it, despite the life not being that high. It's generally a low EV decision if you're thinking purely economically, but the problem in HC is that often times GG items just don't exist unless you craft them yourself. I've been searching for good 4 prop jewels for a long time, they are few and far between.

@Duka08 - if you need a Warding flask, I'd recommend searching poe.trade to see if they have any for sale. Warding is a much rarer mod and can be really annoying to alt for. In general even, sometimes the exact flask you need is being sold for 1-4 chaos, which can be cheaper than alt rolling.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 22 2017 19:58 GMT
#26973
I unlocked uber lab on a fonts day and spent all of my 150+ alts I had stashed over the course of the early league trying and failing to get a single warding roll LMAO. I actually hate rolling flasks so much ever since they added alchemists etc, I just cannot get the flasks I want.
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
December 22 2017 20:02 GMT
#26974
On December 23 2017 04:54 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 21 2017 22:50 WaveofShadow wrote:
On December 21 2017 15:55 EchelonTee wrote:
Guild exalting together = good times :D

+ Show Spoiler [my jewel] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [exalted] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [plato joins in] +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [exalted] +
[image loading]


Whoa are those really worth slamming? I could swear I've vendored abyss similar to those. What do you expect to get from those? Also what are good stats on an abyss?

if you see elemental damage that adds up to 60 or more (so it's 30+ average dmg), you should take notice. So 3 to 65 light dmg = 34 average lightning damage, which is really really good for an elemental build. Elemental is generally not that popular, but it's made a resurgence this league partly because of abyss jewels. So my jewel had 2 really good elemental rolls (lightning is generally preferred because of Arcing Blows on the passive tree), and life, which is mandatory for me.

Plato's jewel is better than mine, because it's 48 life which Is T1. If you ever see a jewel with 46-50 life with 1-2 other good stats you should take notice. I decided to exalt mine because I was pretty sure I would never replace it, despite the life not being that high. It's generally a low EV decision if you're thinking purely economically, but the problem in HC is that often times GG items just don't exist unless you craft them yourself. I've been searching for good 4 prop jewels for a long time, they are few and far between.

@Duka08 - if you need a Warding flask, I'd recommend searching poe.trade to see if they have any for sale. Warding is a much rarer mod and can be really annoying to alt for. In general even, sometimes the exact flask you need is being sold for 1-4 chaos, which can be cheaper than alt rolling.

I'm pretty sure I have abyss jewels with a ton of ele damage sitting in 1 chaos stash tab not selling atm

I'm so poor compared to last season
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-22 20:08:57
December 22 2017 20:05 GMT
#26975
yeaaa they might not be high value but they are still really good. Ive gotten some crazy jewels for like 5-15c

in general the stats that are good on abyss are the same as on regular jewels. So life is good unless you don't care about being squishy, attack speed, crit multi, damage. Sometimes they are conditional which can be annoying, but "if you have killed recently" or "dealt a critical strike recently" are usually fine. Theres a few special mods that can be really useful, like blind enemy on hit, or your minions taunt
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 22 2017 21:54 GMT
#26976
On December 23 2017 04:54 EchelonTee wrote:
@Duka08 - if you need a Warding flask, I'd recommend searching poe.trade to see if they have any for sale. Warding is a much rarer mod and can be really annoying to alt for. In general even, sometimes the exact flask you need is being sold for 1-4 chaos, which can be cheaper than alt rolling.

I actually got pretty lucky and got one after just a handful of rolls. I was just trying to hit Warding in general, I wasn't as picky about the prefix, but I think it was inc duration which I was happy with. Didn't know that some pre/suffixes are more or less rare though, that's good to remember...
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
December 22 2017 22:53 GMT
#26977
Poet's Pens are so fun to level with. It's like a glimpse into the CoC wander glory days of the past.
~
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 23 2017 07:14 GMT
#26978
What exactly changed about reflect again? It still seems impossible
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-23 09:40:59
December 23 2017 08:50 GMT
#26979
Reflect as a map mod is the same.
Ele/phys thorns on mobs sends out globs of returning damage. Moving between each hit should help, at least ive never taken damage from thorns as flicker.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-23 10:10:49
December 23 2017 10:10 GMT
#26980
Yeah reflect map mod is still there (see patch notes) and preventing going into unidentified maps without care. You can just check the first few mobs and then go ham though.

Ele/phys thorns was only really lethal in LMP maps and they fixed that in 3.1.1c.
Prev 1 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O81
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 267
JuggernautJason86
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 864
Shuttle 530
Zeus 92
ZZZero.O 81
soO 43
Hyun 43
scan(afreeca) 29
Dota 2
qojqva2201
canceldota35
Counter-Strike
fl0m5130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3422
Liquid`Hasu556
Other Games
summit1g1738
FrodaN1147
KnowMe328
420jenkins268
Pyrionflax176
Livibee166
ToD143
QueenE66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick697
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• Hupsaiya 22
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2236
Other Games
• imaqtpie823
• Shiphtur626
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 20m
Patches Events
19h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 20m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.