• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:50
CEST 05:50
KST 12:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10167 users

Path of Exile - Page 1352

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
December 25 2017 23:50 GMT
#27021
On December 26 2017 08:24 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 26 2017 02:43 Duvon wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [wrong thread sorry] +
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2kfa__pzbk

That trombone solo in the first song.

still is a kick-ass trombone solo though.


I don't know whether to pick up more damage since it's softcore or go for pure HP nodes from now on.
https://pastebin.com/gvRXaaph
As mentioned earlier, it's mostly about being really tanky while flickering around, so I should probably have pumped health a lot earlier. But damage is nice.
Itemwise I'm picking up lioneyes flask next, and after that I'm thinking of balancing my resists and getting the wise oak for a bit of help in the elemental department.

125% inc Life?! Wait what?!
That is not nearly enough, not even for softcore. You went way overboard with armor that protects only vs physical damage attacks that hit.

:D well ofcourse

I don't know where to cut points though. The leech nodes are the easiest to cut, since I only need phys leech, which I can get from gear. Oh Druidic Rites are outdated, and switching to life start instead of damage is "only" ~10% less dps. 40% inc life from that does seem worth it.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
December 26 2017 00:26 GMT
#27022
Wait so how much inc life is expected from the passive tree on avg?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 26 2017 00:31 GMT
#27023
On December 26 2017 09:26 WaveofShadow wrote:
Wait so how much inc life is expected from the passive tree on avg?

Depends on your equipment and if you are MoM or not. If you are not using Belly of the Beast, Kaom's and you are not MoM you want to have 200% or more.

You can have less if you combine with MoM. And you can have less if you got one of those two uniques.
But for any character you don't want to go below 5500 hp and you want 6500 or more ideally by lvl 90.
r.Evo
Profile Joined August 2006
Germany14081 Posts
December 26 2017 00:37 GMT
#27024
On December 26 2017 09:26 WaveofShadow wrote:
Wait so how much inc life is expected from the passive tree on avg?

I'd say ~180% is a decent starting value in general. Can go a bit lower in SC, HC I'm usually looking for more than 200% on most builds.

Ideally we want to both get pool via Life/ES/MoM and stack it with other defensive mechanics (Armour/EV, Endurance Charges, Defensive Flasks, Dodge/Block, Purities etc) but it usually comes back to pool being the one thing you can't have enough of except in weird edge cases.

Armour especially is something people massively underrate nowadays in my opinion when getting medium amounts (10-20k with Granite up) is super easy to achieve. Those kinds of values already help so much against smaller stuff that I'd usually call the little investment needed to get there worth it.
"We don't make mistakes here, we call it happy little accidents." ~Bob Ross
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-26 00:51:41
December 26 2017 00:49 GMT
#27025
So I made an alt that I'm using wind ripper on to take advantage of all the ele damage you can get on jewels now. For now just using a 6l wr and a 5l belly, since I went broke getting that and the other gear. Not really sure where to go from here, probably get dying sun and flat damage vinktars, then better other items, then probably kaoms and 2nd 6l wr, as well as divine spam for a better roll? Not quite sure which gems to use, mirage archer was really good for lvling, but not sure how good it is for mapping now or for barrage, given pob doesn't count it as anything. Hopefully will be able to get this character to do guardians and shaper easilly but will almost certainly cost much more to get to that point than other builds

Edit: sorry if what I just said is stupid, blame alcohol. Also merry Christmas/other holidays.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-27 00:38:23
December 27 2017 00:35 GMT
#27026
Ok for my Oni-Goroshi character I settled on Scion (Slayer/Raider) using Molten Strike as main skill.
Here is PoB for the planned lvl 90 character: https://pastebin.com/Ksa1r8kh
Some of the gear there I already bought (gloves, armor, belt and helmet), the rest I hope to get something similar (amulet I plan to buy white and spam the crit multi essence until I also get other stats I can use).
Note that PoB does not show numbers for some supports correctly. Like the Physical Projectile support has a penalty of attack speed of projectiles being slower but for Molten Strike that means nothing as only your melee attack speed matters.
So for Molten Strike projectiles only damage per ball matters, not dps.

Leveling so far has been fun, I killed act bosses fastest of any character I ever played. So far multiattack support has made clearing slower, not faster so I might only use it vs bosses (if even there). Even now with no passives into critical strike when you activate the blessing and just run from pack to pack you murder everything super fast and if you keep the blessing going the gameplay is fun and fast. I hope it stays that way when I reach maps as well.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
December 27 2017 03:34 GMT
#27027
Bought a rig walls quills. Never tried it before and not sure just how much the fork helps but I seem to be clearing faster than with the rate +arrow quiver I was using before. Not sure if it was a better investment than buying a dying sun would've been though.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 27 2017 07:05 GMT
#27028
On December 27 2017 12:34 hunts wrote:
Bought a rig walls quills. Never tried it before and not sure just how much the fork helps but I seem to be clearing faster than with the rate +arrow quiver I was using before. Not sure if it was a better investment than buying a dying sun would've been though.

Free fork without damage penalty is always nice.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
December 27 2017 09:44 GMT
#27029
On December 22 2017 11:45 bo1b wrote:
I have two poets pens, I think I need to make a build now. I need the memest of options which is still good for class choice please, currently leaning towards necromancer.

Did you end up using them? What did you come up with and how is it going?
~
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-27 20:51:55
December 27 2017 16:42 GMT
#27030
What are some opinions on Unstoppable vs Undeniable for last ascendancy?
+ Show Spoiler [updated PoB] +
https://pastebin.com/hUt1M9PF


PoB gives Undeniable something like a 20% dps boost, while being immune to slows seems nice. Really nice.

Hmm how come Death's Door are so expensive?
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 27 2017 23:13 GMT
#27031
Death's door is a lab only unique, it's always expensive
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-27 23:28:11
December 27 2017 23:19 GMT
#27032
Is it common for bow/dex-y builds to use more uniques or something? I'm like level ~60 so I can start tossing on a lot of the popular uniques I've had sitting in my stash for a while and I'm noticing looking at a variety of guides and PoB's that it seems like that's sort of endgame/goal. Death's Opus, Starkonja, Hrimsorrow for the conversion atm, had a Three-Step Assault boots sitting around so I tossed those on to replace the old Wanderlust for leveling. Queen of the Forest popular but I doubt I'll bother because I have a decent crafted 5L.

Versus my molten strike Glad where I was just trying to scoop up all the life I could on ordinary well-rolled rares. My only uniques on that character are Belly and my weapons right now I think, and the latter just because they were cheap for the pDPS. Ideally I would buy rares for that too in the long run. Just interesting.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-27 23:45:20
December 27 2017 23:40 GMT
#27033

I'm noticing looking at a variety of guides and PoB's that it seems like that's sort of endgame/goal.

It's probably more a product of which guides you're looking at. Guide quality is pretty inconsistent and some people just like to bank harder on uniques.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 27 2017 23:44 GMT
#27034
On December 28 2017 08:40 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +

I'm noticing looking at a variety of guides and PoB's that it seems like that's sort of endgame/goal.

It's probably more a product of which guides you're looking at. Guide quality is pretty inconsistent and some people just like to bank harder on uniques.

I guess it's also safe to assume people that are more familiar with the game and boss fights can get away with getting a few decent uniques like that and being "set" because they don't need as much breathing room. No need to min/max with expensive rares if you're not struggling with the easy uniques. Same as having notoriously low life% from tree I suppose.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-27 23:52:42
December 27 2017 23:46 GMT
#27035
Or they're just bad and it's easy to dump a bunch of uniques on a character than actually trying to match up rares with stats that you want. A lot of guides (even popular ones) are kind of shit. IIRC the most popular Frost Blades guide last league had Avatar of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Veil, some criminally low % life on their tree, and wasn't even capped on resists without Wise Oak up.

Honestly, after spending more regrets than I would like to admit last league fixing a character that I followed a guide for last league, I've grown to be pretty skeptical of a lot of guides that get posted, especially if the writer isn't even playing the build this league. Just learn to take everything with a grain of salt, and if something that a guide tells you to do seems weird or wrong, don't be afraid to ask. There's no prerequisites for being able to write a guide, so not every decision a guide writer makes is always going to be right.
Moderator
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-12-27 23:59:09
December 27 2017 23:52 GMT
#27036
On December 28 2017 08:46 TheYango wrote:
Or they're just bad and it's easy to dump a bunch of uniques on a character than actually trying to match up rares with stats that you want. A lot of guides (even popular ones) are kind of shit. IIRC the most popular Frost Blades guide last league had Avatar of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Veil, some criminally low % life on their tree, and wasn't even capped on resists without Wise Oak up.

Honestly, after spending more regrets than I would like to admit last league fixing a character that I followed a guide for last league, I've grown to be pretty skeptical of a lot of guides that get posted, especially if the writer isn't even playing the build this league. Just learn to take everything with a grain of salt, and if something that a guide tells you to do seems weird or wrong, don't be afraid to ask. There's no prerequisites for being able to write a guide, so not every decision a guide writer makes is always going to be right.

Yeah between all the guides I tried and familiarization I did last season with tons of alts, I've been winging it for the most part this league. PoB does enough of the heavy lifting if you really just need to know what links/nodes will get you the most damage or best defense and I'm familiar enough with the passive tree now (at least the bottom half where I spend most of my time lol) to know what to do for the most part. I usually just glance around for new ideas and, as evidenced by this discussion, gear sometimes. I still haven't seen a lot of uniques and it's hard to know at a glance how popular or powerful something is based on its price alone. So when I see certain pieces come up very frequently I just assume they must be good, rather than laziness to shop for better rares and actually optimize.
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
December 27 2017 23:54 GMT
#27037
A ranged character can afford to be less rounded than a melee though (due to manual dodging), so slightly more uniques are probably ok.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
December 28 2017 00:01 GMT
#27038
On December 28 2017 08:46 TheYango wrote:
Or they're just bad and it's easy to dump a bunch of uniques on a character than actually trying to match up rares with stats that you want. A lot of guides (even popular ones) are kind of shit. IIRC the most popular Frost Blades guide last league had Avatar of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Veil, some criminally low % life on their tree, and wasn't even capped on resists without Wise Oak up.

Honestly, after spending more regrets than I would like to admit last league fixing a character that I followed a guide for last league, I've grown to be pretty skeptical of a lot of guides that get posted, especially if the writer isn't even playing the build this league. Just learn to take everything with a grain of salt, and if something that a guide tells you to do seems weird or wrong, don't be afraid to ask. There's no prerequisites for being able to write a guide, so not every decision a guide writer makes is always going to be right.

On that note yangers, can you fix my character?
Not really fix, I guess because damage is pretty huge atm, but my hp is pretty low, the possibility for one shots is high and I've followed my guide pretty closely. I'll hit you up later?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 28 2017 10:20 GMT
#27039
I noticed that Mathil's version of Oni-Goroshi build is no regeneration, Vaal Pact Slayer Dominating Blow character.

PoB says it gives him about 750 negative regeneration with Blood Rage and Her Blessing active. I have to watch his stream a bit more to see if that is worth it. It sure sounds like very unfun Uber Lab character.
I suppose Scion (Slayer) overleech should also kind of work in that combination...
Duvon
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden2360 Posts
December 28 2017 11:29 GMT
#27040
his youtube vid on it is reasonable.
Nothing is impossible, only some things for some people.
Prev 1 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings46
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 189
PiLiPiLi 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3645
ViBE138
Bale 32
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
Counter-Strike
taco 555
Other Games
summit1g7231
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft459
C9.Mang0290
febbydoto3
Sick1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1064
BasetradeTV172
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP114
• davetesta28
• practicex 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1103
• Shiphtur415
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 10m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.