• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:12
CEST 00:12
KST 07:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11149 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 430

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 428 429 430 431 432 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
neurosx
Profile Joined August 2011
Luxembourg1096 Posts
May 31 2014 13:28 GMT
#8581
On May 31 2014 22:25 WindWolf wrote:
I've played a few more matches on the new PC version now. Aside from one match, I can't really say that the netcode have changed for the worse. About as good as always.


Well you're really lucky been playing with the same friends for like two years on pc and now we can't even get past the stage select screen .. It's just stuck on Waiting on opponents forever
You'll wish I'd never stooped to notice you.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
May 31 2014 13:44 GMT
#8582
I also have about the same as always. A few times I've got the waiting for opponents during a match but it goes away after a few seconds and everything returns to normal.
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
May 31 2014 14:05 GMT
#8583
I don't know if anyone mentioned this but the update re-enables v-sync. Once I turned it off again I noticed was less waiting for player.
It is what it is
deichkind
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden347 Posts
May 31 2014 15:33 GMT
#8584
how is it to play on keyboard? totally unplayable or fine if youre shit like me?
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 31 2014 15:44 GMT
#8585
Depends on character, but I don't find it hard with Chun-Li, Evil Ryu, Juri and Rose
EZ4ENCE
deichkind
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden347 Posts
May 31 2014 16:00 GMT
#8586
ok, good, worth at least to try then for 5bucks.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 31 2014 16:05 GMT
#8587
On a completely other PC note, am I the only one who gets annoying screen tearing when not using Vsync? I have to use Vsync, otherwise the screen tearing is just to annoying. With AA and post-effects off, particles to lowest and everything else to max, I can maintain a stable 60 FPS (around 100 on the benchmark) but screen tearing without Vsync is just to annoying for me to play with, even if it's ideal to play without.
EZ4ENCE
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-31 16:38:13
May 31 2014 16:06 GMT
#8588
On June 01 2014 01:00 deichkind wrote:
ok, good, worth at least to try then for 5bucks.

You'll want to be cautious with playing online as due to the recent change of netcode its very unstable.

On June 01 2014 01:05 WindWolf wrote:
I have to use Vsync, otherwise the screen tearing is just to annoying.


No you don't. It noticeably reduces performance in online play. Show some consideration for your fellow players and turn it off.
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
May 31 2014 16:08 GMT
#8589
I get that annoying tearing also and I can max everything and get over 200fps on benchmark. I feel the opposite though haha. I can deal with that tearing more then I can deal with constant lag and "waiting for player", Both are very annoying though.
It is what it is
2stra
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands928 Posts
May 31 2014 16:11 GMT
#8590
I'd rather have screen tearing than input lag tbh. Graphics aren't as important to me in fighting games, function over form in this case.

Btw, can you piano or slide lightning legs consistently on keyboard? I reckon it's quite annoying to do.
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
May 31 2014 16:20 GMT
#8591
I play some Honda and hands on keyboard is no harder or annoying then on my stick. (just tried to see haha never tried it before now).
It is what it is
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 31 2014 16:46 GMT
#8592
If you intend to play on Keyboard, check this guide out

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116817709
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Ophe
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden388 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-31 16:50:00
May 31 2014 16:49 GMT
#8593
I'm so concentrated on other stuff while I play that I don't really notice the tearing, but if I look for it then it's pretty fucking bad.

I've mostly been playing Guile since the steam patch and I feel pretty bad about it. There are a lot of new players and I'm probably driving them away . Losing because you got combo'ed for an hour by E. Ryu or Sakura is probably easier to deal with than losing because you can't even get close. The first is a pretty obvious "outplay", the latter not so much.
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
May 31 2014 17:41 GMT
#8594
On June 01 2014 01:46 Noocta wrote:
If you intend to play on Keyboard, check this guide out

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116817709

thx for this.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 31 2014 18:36 GMT
#8595
On June 01 2014 01:06 ain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2014 01:00 deichkind wrote:
ok, good, worth at least to try then for 5bucks.

You'll want to be cautious with playing online as due to the recent change of netcode its very unstable.

Show nested quote +
On June 01 2014 01:05 WindWolf wrote:
I have to use Vsync, otherwise the screen tearing is just to annoying.


No you don't. It noticeably reduces performance in online play. Show some consideration for your fellow players and turn it off.

Well, I guess I'll give it a try.
The thing is that I very rarely get screen tearing in other games, so adopting is going to be a challange
EZ4ENCE
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
May 31 2014 22:46 GMT
#8596
Works perfect for me. Only problem I have is that my stick has a short in it so I won't be able to get it fixed until next week T_T

Add me on steam though, KingKosi
Twitter: @KingKosi
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-31 23:21:30
May 31 2014 23:20 GMT
#8597
Oh man this has to be the most fun I've had playing any game in a long time. Between a lot of new ppl I'm assuming from the sale, and they don't know they cant turn there mic off. I've heard so many times now "FUCKING T HAWK FAGGOT!!!" the rage is so damn funny I almost lose focus during the match. I really feel bad for some of these new guys I don't think I'm helping them like the game.
It is what it is
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 01 2014 10:39 GMT
#8598
On June 01 2014 03:36 WindWolf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2014 01:06 ain wrote:
On June 01 2014 01:00 deichkind wrote:
ok, good, worth at least to try then for 5bucks.

You'll want to be cautious with playing online as due to the recent change of netcode its very unstable.

On June 01 2014 01:05 WindWolf wrote:
I have to use Vsync, otherwise the screen tearing is just to annoying.


No you don't. It noticeably reduces performance in online play. Show some consideration for your fellow players and turn it off.

Well, I guess I'll give it a try.
The thing is that I very rarely get screen tearing in other games, so adopting is going to be a challange

Sorry, but I get screen tearing at a very annoying position on the screen. So what to do now?
I rarely get screen tearing in Source games, and even more rarely in Euro Truck Sim 2
EZ4ENCE
Skirmjan
Profile Joined October 2012
Italy190 Posts
June 03 2014 01:27 GMT
#8599
The keyboard guide was very useful, even if i had gotten used to the traditional "double" charge ultras, that little trick really makes them trivial, lol, thanks :D
(although i can't do the Z charging trick for some reason: the forward input doesn't get registered while i'm holding down back and down, i think there must be some ghosting issue even on my razer black widow, cause i can occasionally perform those ultras in the traditional way)

Where can i find good basic guides to learn a character, outside of youtube? What's a good rushdown type character for a newbie? (I'm trying fei long, and i quite like his style*, although probably the chickenwing will be a problem as per the keyboard guide, if that hasn't been nerfed into the ground)

I see quite a number of fellow new (european?) players on TL, does somebody want to set up a TL learning group or at least spar? ^^

*aaaaaaand i cannot use his command throw effectively at all
Kruxt
Profile Joined April 2010
United States113 Posts
June 03 2014 02:16 GMT
#8600
On June 01 2014 00:44 WindWolf wrote:
Depends on character, but I don't find it hard with Chun-Li, Evil Ryu, Juri and Rose



E.Ryu on keyboard? I struggle with his combos because you have to do the input slightly slower than normal. To be able to do them on keyboard sir you are godlike
Protect Ya Neck
Prev 1 428 429 430 431 432 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O132
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12706
Shuttle 405
White-Ra 228
ZZZero.O 132
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5033
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4700
Other Games
summit1g9611
FrodaN2484
Liquid`RaSZi1948
C9.Mang0341
ToD323
crisheroes291
Livibee201
Pyrionflax139
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1050
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 35
• HeavenSC 20
• Sammyuel 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1594
• Shiphtur676
• WagamamaTV289
Upcoming Events
OSC
48m
Replay Cast
48m
OSC
13h 48m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.