• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:06
CEST 01:06
KST 08:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13167 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 431

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 429 430 431 432 433 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
June 03 2014 03:47 GMT
#8601
On June 03 2014 10:27 Skirmjan wrote:
The keyboard guide was very useful, even if i had gotten used to the traditional "double" charge ultras, that little trick really makes them trivial, lol, thanks :D
(although i can't do the Z charging trick for some reason: the forward input doesn't get registered while i'm holding down back and down, i think there must be some ghosting issue even on my razer black widow, cause i can occasionally perform those ultras in the traditional way)

Where can i find good basic guides to learn a character, outside of youtube? What's a good rushdown type character for a newbie? (I'm trying fei long, and i quite like his style*, although probably the chickenwing will be a problem as per the keyboard guide, if that hasn't been nerfed into the ground)

I see quite a number of fellow new (european?) players on TL, does somebody want to set up a TL learning group or at least spar? ^^

*aaaaaaand i cannot use his command throw effectively at all


You should try Cody or Guy.

As for guides , youtube and shoryuken.com forums are your best bets.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 03 2014 03:54 GMT
#8602
On June 03 2014 11:16 Kruxt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2014 00:44 WindWolf wrote:
Depends on character, but I don't find it hard with Chun-Li, Evil Ryu, Juri and Rose



E.Ryu on keyboard? I struggle with his combos because you have to do the input slightly slower than normal. To be able to do them on keyboard sir you are godlike

I never said that I was good
EZ4ENCE
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
June 03 2014 05:05 GMT
#8603
Is there something like the Rindoukan Bible for C. Viper?
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
June 03 2014 05:46 GMT
#8604
On June 03 2014 14:05 fishbowl wrote:
Is there something like the Rindoukan Bible for C. Viper?


" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
June 03 2014 07:07 GMT
#8605
Much appreciated.
St3MoR
Profile Joined November 2002
Spain3256 Posts
June 03 2014 09:58 GMT
#8606
USA ps3 too stronk, I want ultra ((
Prophet in TL of the Makoto0124 ways
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 03 2014 10:00 GMT
#8607
Same here, but PC users have to wait until august
At least AE is on Steamworks now.
EZ4ENCE
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
June 03 2014 10:28 GMT
#8608
The thirst is real for PC users. Oh well :<
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
June 03 2014 13:16 GMT
#8609
114 MB patch on PC just arrived!
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
June 03 2014 15:11 GMT
#8610
On June 03 2014 19:00 WindWolf wrote:
Same here, but PC users have to wait until august
At least AE is on Steamworks now.


Atleast ?
You mean sadly ? :<

It really works a lot worse for the majority of people.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
June 03 2014 21:38 GMT
#8611
We gotta look on the brightside: at least they're getting the transition and bugs out of the way before Ultra drops. Now let me curl up in my corner and play some AE.
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
June 03 2014 23:14 GMT
#8612
Man, people are much nicer on steam than on GFWL. And I'm not talking about the lack of hatemail.

If you want to tell someone something you've got to add them to your friendslist and talk to them. That way you get to know them much better and are far less likely to act like a dick. I'm finding new people to play with left and right. And I've met these people online for up to 5 years now.

Even though the online isn't stable I'm already happy about the transition. Fuck GFWL for everything it was.
Hokay
Profile Joined May 2007
United States738 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-04 00:46:06
June 04 2014 00:28 GMT
#8613
So playing on the 360 feels weird and sluggish for me. I'm not sure if it's because of the games upscaling, or the difference in the games overall speed & netcode. Online is definitely worse than GFWL SF4, which imo has the best online sf4 play when it comes to lag. I also don't like the new Steam "waiting on player" version as well. T_T

Also hate the new delay wake up mechanic. I play a non-vortex character so it's even harder to push the advantage after scoring a throw or "untechable knockdown" which slows the games pacing for me. I don't think this shit needs to be in the game if Capcom can properly fix unblockables. But it's day 1, time to find new setups and adjust.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
June 04 2014 01:43 GMT
#8614


They didn't fix unblockables, Combofiend pretty much spilled the sad truth that they needed to add DWU because they couldn't fix it.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
June 04 2014 03:18 GMT
#8615
Wooooooah, just learned EX Jesus kicks juggles anti-air/after Galactic Tornado in corner the hard way wow.
Forever Young
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
June 04 2014 13:36 GMT
#8616
I've played around 50 matches recently and only get a waiting for other player in 1/5 games or so... >_>. It is surprising how often it occurs when we both have near zero health... so many matches lost... and a few won. I just end up mashing something that will hopefully win. My sound is absolutely awful. It breaks up so much I just have to play without sound to have an enjoyable experience. I suppose it might help internalize my links by not relying on sound. Any improvements for anyone else?
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
June 04 2014 14:01 GMT
#8617
I can't decide whether or not to pick up Ultra on 360 (which I don't prefer playing on) now, or letting the game/tech shake out for a month or two and take it easy until PC release.

Maybe I'll just let Steamworks decide. Mixed opinions so far it sounds like. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet. If it works well for me then I'll probably wait a while. If I have less luck I'll hit up 360 Ultra.
Gowerly
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom916 Posts
June 04 2014 15:39 GMT
#8618
I'll have to try Steamworks in AE. I find it hard to believe there is anything worse in the entirety of creation than GfWL.
I will reduce you to a series of numbers.
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
June 04 2014 15:49 GMT
#8619
If it works its great. It only works around a third of the time for me.
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
June 04 2014 15:50 GMT
#8620
To be honest the only thing annoying about GFWL for me when playing Street Fighter was creating the account and waiting the extra two seconds to log in when I started the game. After logging in it never bothered me at all. I even miss the message system (I mean are you going to add every person you want to say something to to your friends in Steam?). I think the extreme hate is unjustified.

Steamworks is fine and I am expecting all the sound and lag issues to be patched so it doesn't really matter to me what service they use for Street Fighter.
Prev 1 429 430 431 432 433 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10435
Artosis 626
ZZZero.O 124
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
League of Legends
Doublelift5059
JimRising 181
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4250
Other Games
summit1g8779
FrodaN2348
Liquid`RaSZi2060
C9.Mang0298
Livibee194
ToD179
Pyrionflax109
Maynarde95
ArmadaUGS48
Mew2King39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1143
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• musti20045 47
• Sammyuel 30
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP10
• davetesta1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1502
• Scarra661
• Shiphtur615
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.