• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:08
CEST 18:08
KST 01:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10884 users

Ultra Street Fighter IV - Page 429

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 427 428 429 430 431 668 Next
Check out the new Street Fighter V Thread
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 29 2014 19:49 GMT
#8561
On May 30 2014 04:11 Excalibur_Z wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2014 23:07 Noocta wrote:
I think putting too many characters in the movies was one of the reason they end up bad. It's too hard to create good character development ifo you have too many.
The story arc of the Hado is about those 5 characters only anyway. There's 2 littles references to other characters ( + Show Spoiler +
Gouken speaks about meeting Gen during his pilgrimage and there's Dan name on the board of people who trained at the dojo
) which are well implemented in my opinion.



Didn't Ken also knock shoulders with Guile when they went to the bar?


Not sure about that one, but on their way to the Dojo, Ken talks about the Airforce base, which is Guile's stage in SF2.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
kuresuti
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
1393 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-30 15:16:54
May 30 2014 10:15 GMT
#8562
On May 30 2014 04:49 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2014 04:11 Excalibur_Z wrote:
On May 24 2014 23:07 Noocta wrote:
I think putting too many characters in the movies was one of the reason they end up bad. It's too hard to create good character development ifo you have too many.
The story arc of the Hado is about those 5 characters only anyway. There's 2 littles references to other characters ( + Show Spoiler +
Gouken speaks about meeting Gen during his pilgrimage and there's Dan name on the board of people who trained at the dojo
) which are well implemented in my opinion.



Didn't Ken also knock shoulders with Guile when they went to the bar?


Not sure about that one, but on their way to the Dojo, Ken talks about the Airforce base, which is Guile's stage in SF2.


No way it was Guile. I think that was just to set the mood of the bar. In an interview Joey Ansah stated that he would like Scott Adkins as Guile in any future projects and it seems like Joey is the type of guy who wants things to be like he wants or not at all. It would be very weird if they casted someone else for those couple of seconds just to get Guile in there.

EDIT: So the steam patch is out. Turns out you can't disable steam voice chat without disabling other voice chat on your system (I like to talk on Skype with friends while I play), I hope they fix that.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 30 2014 15:56 GMT
#8563
865 MB patch on Steam.
It is happening! Steamworks here we come!
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 30 2014 16:16 GMT
#8564
I like GFWL for switching accoutns so easily.
I had 2 accounts, and it was so easy to switch, now it's a bit of a pain.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 30 2014 16:20 GMT
#8565
People on reddit seem to have noticed that the netcode has changed somehow. I only had a chance to play against another person in Sweden for 2 matches, but I didn't notice any big changes once the match actually started
EZ4ENCE
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
May 30 2014 16:27 GMT
#8566
It's actually lagging a bit more than before.
Let's hope its' a Day 1 thing only.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
ain
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany786 Posts
May 30 2014 17:45 GMT
#8567
It's lag hell and much worse than before. I've had a single decent connection so far. The 'Waiting for other players...' thing alone is something that should never ever happen.
Ophe
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden388 Posts
May 30 2014 19:42 GMT
#8568
It feels like there has been a huge influx of new players. I'm usually a lowly 2k pp player and I'm closing in on 80% win ratio over the last 50 games.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 30 2014 19:51 GMT
#8569
Well, it just got on sale on Steam so that's probably why.

But from the GFWL area, I remember this game having several smurfs...
EZ4ENCE
Ophe
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden388 Posts
May 30 2014 22:50 GMT
#8570
They've definitely done something with the netcode since the game will freeze instead of slow down now. The question is if they just added that or if they've changed more.

I also find less people now. But I'm not complaining really. It's unlikely that I would have played those I can't find now anyway due to bad connections. I've played people from Scandinavia, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, France and Poland. I don't really need more than that. Oh, and not a single one from the UK, so that's good.
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-30 23:16:56
May 30 2014 22:55 GMT
#8571
Played about 4-5 games earlier today. One game was perfect with no lag and the rest lagged pretty bad. It definitely caught me off guard the "waiting for player" thing popping up every 2 seconds. Oh yeah also I only have a little over 5k bp with my main and since I guess not many ppl have updated and switched over, I'm ranked in the top 10 hah. It was funny to see, was scratching my head going wtf for a min.
It is what it is
fishbowl
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1575 Posts
May 31 2014 02:18 GMT
#8572
There's definitely a few day one issues right now. If you turn your BGM all the way down, you can still hear it slightly. Mics are permanently open right now. Some people are having issues with the announcer being too loud (hearing double through the open mics?). I played some endless earlier and it did feel a bit laggy, and a different kind of lag than from GFWL. Hopefully Capcom can iron out the bugs sooner rather than later or never.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-31 04:43:22
May 31 2014 04:27 GMT
#8573
The only thing I've noticed so far was a few sound issues I didn't get before. When I play for around 30 minutes or so it starts to quickly cut out little bits of sound. Probably just on my end though.
edit: I lied I am getting the other forms of lag as well.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 31 2014 04:49 GMT
#8574
From the little I've played online, the only thing I've noticed was a little longer loading times before the match starts
EZ4ENCE
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12261 Posts
May 31 2014 05:18 GMT
#8575
On May 31 2014 13:49 WindWolf wrote:
From the little I've played online, the only thing I've noticed was a little longer loading times before the match starts


You can still skip the VS screen with the start button, at which point it moves on to the "waiting for other players" screen. A lot of players don't know you can skip that screen though, so they sit through it for the 5 seconds or so that it takes. It looks like a loading screen as well but it isn't.
Moderator
Tabbris
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Bangladesh2839 Posts
May 31 2014 05:50 GMT
#8576
how do people play this on the pc? Is keyboard useable to be competitive or do i need to buy a expensive controller?
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12261 Posts
May 31 2014 05:54 GMT
#8577
On May 31 2014 14:50 Tabbris wrote:
how do people play this on the pc? Is keyboard useable to be competitive or do i need to buy a expensive controller?


The default inputs for keyboard are terrible, and in order to make keyboard viable as an input device you should remap the buttons to Hitbox-style.

Controllers and arcade sticks are what a lot of players use. If you have a fightstick from a PS3 or 360 you can use it on PC too, and that's what I do.
Moderator
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 31 2014 09:57 GMT
#8578
I've also noticed another minor issue with the game post-GFWL. It takes some time before the game reacts to pressing the start button after battles for quickly accessing rematch/character select
EZ4ENCE
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
May 31 2014 12:02 GMT
#8579
You can also just connect your regular PS3/X360 controller if you think you can do better with that than with keyboard. But I'm a big fan of hitbox controlls on keyboard as long as you don't have ghosting, if you do then don't even bother :p And dunno what you mean by "expensive controller", I made my hitbox for $50.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
May 31 2014 13:25 GMT
#8580
I've played a few more matches on the new PC version now. Aside from one match, I can't really say that the netcode have changed for the worse. About as good as always.
EZ4ENCE
Prev 1 427 428 429 430 431 668 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM756
IndyStarCraft 184
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 756
Reynor 351
TKL 314
ByuN 279
IndyStarCraft 184
Railgan 83
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
Sea.KH 49
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Terrorterran 20
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi983
Counter-Strike
fl0m4700
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1601
B2W.Neo727
Beastyqt655
Mlord485
Khaldor466
olofmeister423
KnowMe326
crisheroes177
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 8
• Adnapsc2 6
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV546
League of Legends
• Nemesis3226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1484
Other Games
• Shiphtur492
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 52m
OSC
6h 52m
Replay Cast
6h 52m
OSC
19h 52m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.