• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:40
CEST 06:40
KST 13:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8219 users

Diablo 2 thread - Page 14

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 69 Next
ATLzac
Profile Joined February 2011
United States51 Posts
June 22 2011 06:49 GMT
#261
baaaaaaaawwwwwww i just tried to self xfer all my ladder shit from my mfdin and my net went down
Peace.
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
June 22 2011 18:16 GMT
#262
On June 22 2011 15:49 ATLzac wrote:
baaaaaaaawwwwwww i just tried to self xfer all my ladder shit from my mfdin and my net went down


thats what you get for playing a paladin
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
June 22 2011 20:27 GMT
#263
Anybody want some help on east? I grow tired of searching for my Zeal pally's perfect weapon :'(. Got a pretty close zerker axe earlier with 296%ed 30% ias, fools, eth and mana leach but I can't bring myself to use it.
Hi.
ATLzac
Profile Joined February 2011
United States51 Posts
June 23 2011 21:51 GMT
#264
ladder or nl

i might can help you on nl, but all i got on L is mfbot
Peace.
Turgid
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1623 Posts
June 24 2011 19:41 GMT
#265
I haven't played Diablo 2 seriously in years and years and years and I was looking for a general place to get character builds. Do you guys know any centralized places? I have no idea what I'm doing, want to play with my friends and they don't know what to do either :X
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
June 24 2011 20:22 GMT
#266
On June 24 2011 06:51 ATLzac wrote:
ladder or nl

i might can help you on nl, but all i got on L is mfbot


I'm on ladder, I don't need help I was wondering if others want help.

On June 25 2011 04:41 Turgid wrote:
I haven't played Diablo 2 seriously in years and years and years and I was looking for a general place to get character builds. Do you guys know any centralized places? I have no idea what I'm doing, want to play with my friends and they don't know what to do either :X


Well, to play through the game with a few friends you can use just about any build. It's kind of hard to tell you what build to do without knowing what you're playing though.
Hi.
2plusthree
Profile Joined February 2011
Russian Federation43 Posts
June 24 2011 20:29 GMT
#267
On June 25 2011 04:41 Turgid wrote:
I haven't played Diablo 2 seriously in years and years and years and I was looking for a general place to get character builds. Do you guys know any centralized places? I have no idea what I'm doing, want to play with my friends and they don't know what to do either :X

for pvp, or pvm? what type of character do you want to make?

PoopLord
Profile Joined May 2010
537 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 20:37:04
June 24 2011 20:36 GMT
#268
Anyone play D2 Classic MP? That was all I ever played. Tempted to play again. PvP is so fun
ATLzac
Profile Joined February 2011
United States51 Posts
June 24 2011 21:13 GMT
#269
On June 25 2011 04:41 Turgid wrote:
I haven't played Diablo 2 seriously in years and years and years and I was looking for a general place to get character builds. Do you guys know any centralized places? I have no idea what I'm doing, want to play with my friends and they don't know what to do either :X


http://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=21
Peace.
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
June 24 2011 21:28 GMT
#270
Ok, so I started playing Diablo about 2 months ago and enjoyed it quite a bit, after a few restarts (my first char was poorly thought out and couldn't get past Act 4 Normal), I've made it to Act 5 Hell with a Cold/Fire Sorceress.

I can't for the life of me get past the Ancients though. They were EZ PZ back in Nightmare but now they have Cold, Fire and Cold + Fire immunities respectively, and the whirlwind one just shreds my Desert merc in seconds. Any tips or strategies on how to get past them?

I've tried luring one alone into a corner but it's pretty hit-and-miss, even when I do manage it, it always seems to be the one with both immunities and I can't hurt him past 50% (static field). My merc seems like a necessity to kill him but he always gets wtfpwned really quickly and the cost to revive him is getting prohibitive.

Is the only way to reset myself and invest in the Lightning tree? Seems like poor design.
I am the Town Medic.
Rankath
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany11 Posts
June 24 2011 21:41 GMT
#271
There are very few chars (if any? havent played a long time) that can make it through hell alone.
D2 is supposed to be a Multiplayergame and esp. in Hell you need the support of other classes/speccs to kill guys like "immune to fire - immune to cold"
drewcifer
Profile Joined June 2010
United States192 Posts
June 24 2011 21:43 GMT
#272
On June 25 2011 06:28 Alzadar wrote:

Is the only way to reset myself and invest in the Lightning tree? Seems like poor design.

that's what makes older games better/different..they are designed poorly and can be extremely challenging. If I were you, the first thing I'd do is get help from bnet basically but I'm assuming you cannot or wont do that otherwise you would've.

I'm not entirely sure about the ancients but a lot of unique monsters and such will spawn with diff mods and immunities every time so you can keep spawning them until you get an easy spawn.

As you mentioned respeccing is a viable option as well, but not if the ancients are spawning different immunities every time. Also on a sorc you can avoid a lot if not all damage by just using teleport generously. Really they should not hit you or your merc, stock up on mana pots and some fcr and I can see it being possible. And yea if they persist to immune everything you got, it's possible you need your merc to kill them by himself....sometimes mercs can be better than your own char so decking them out is important if you're sp. If hes getting utterly shit on he probably needs more defense. Mercs can wear eth items and don't consume their durability. gl
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Turgid
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1623 Posts
June 24 2011 21:49 GMT
#273
I was just looking for a general place to get builds for PvM for all classes. I know we can make it through the game with a lot of builds but if there's only, say, 3 of us I want to at least be able to touch Hell. I think ATLzac's link has some of what I need but I'm really surprised I can't find a database of cookie cutter builds.
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
June 24 2011 21:51 GMT
#274
You can bind TP to a hotkey and use a town portal to reset the ancients, they'll get new immunities.
Hi.
d(O.o)a
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada5066 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 21:53:26
June 24 2011 21:52 GMT
#275
On June 25 2011 06:49 Turgid wrote:
I was just looking for a general place to get builds for PvM for all classes. I know we can make it through the game with a lot of builds but if there's only, say, 3 of us I want to at least be able to touch Hell. I think ATLzac's link has some of what I need but I'm really surprised I can't find a database of cookie cutter builds.


If you want the easiest 3-man walkthrough go:

Sorceress (any type with 1 point in static field and 1 in teleport)
Zeal Paladin
Summon necro (Max Skeleton, Skeleton mastery and a point in amp damage)
Hi.
Turgid
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1623 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 22:01:16
June 24 2011 21:56 GMT
#276
The details of what skills to take and what stats are good are my problem. Can you by chance provide me with information like what you gave for the summon necro for a zeal paladin and a kind of sorceress?

Sorry to be so demanding.

edit: Ah, I found the actual character guides forum on d2jsp. thanks guys!
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Alzadar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada5009 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 22:08:29
June 24 2011 22:00 GMT
#277
On June 25 2011 06:43 drewcifer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2011 06:28 Alzadar wrote:

Is the only way to reset myself and invest in the Lightning tree? Seems like poor design.

that's what makes older games better/different..they are designed poorly and can be extremely challenging. If I were you, the first thing I'd do is get help from bnet basically but I'm assuming you cannot or wont do that otherwise you would've.

I'm not entirely sure about the ancients but a lot of unique monsters and such will spawn with diff mods and immunities every time so you can keep spawning them until you get an easy spawn.

As you mentioned respeccing is a viable option as well, but not if the ancients are spawning different immunities every time. Also on a sorc you can avoid a lot if not all damage by just using teleport generously. Really they should not hit you or your merc, stock up on mana pots and some fcr and I can see it being possible. And yea if they persist to immune everything you got, it's possible you need your merc to kill them by himself....sometimes mercs can be better than your own char so decking them out is important if you're sp. If hes getting utterly shit on he probably needs more defense. Mercs can wear eth items and don't consume their durability. gl


I guess I've just kind of approached the game as a single-player hack-and-slash, if you're always playing on b.net and using equipment bought from others it seems like more of a MMORPG to me.

I've tried a few times now and they always spawn with the same immunities, so I assume it's set to always be the same. What is fcr?

My merc has some 2300 defense unbuffed, and he's the defensive one so it gets quite a bit higher.

On June 25 2011 06:41 Rankath wrote:
There are very few chars (if any? havent played a long time) that can make it through hell alone.
D2 is supposed to be a Multiplayergame and esp. in Hell you need the support of other classes/speccs to kill guys like "immune to fire - immune to cold"


I feel as if all I need is to get past the Ancients and I'll be fine, unless Hell Baal is a huge leap up from Hell Diablo I should be able to manage it ok.

Although I'm sure those dolls in the Keep will be annoying as fuck.

edit: I'm level 79 btw, about 80% of the way to 80. I've really tried to avoid any grinding because again, that feels more MMORPG-y. Am I too low a level?
I am the Town Medic.
Pibacc
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada545 Posts
June 24 2011 22:04 GMT
#278
I'm really tempted to start playing d2 again, but i had a few concerns before playing again that i hope someone here can answer :D.

1. Is US West dead? Should i just play on US East and deal with any lag?

2. Would anyone be willing to bug rush me and i'll pay you when i get some items of worth?
Glenstorm
Profile Joined January 2009
United States69 Posts
June 24 2011 22:04 GMT
#279
On June 25 2011 06:28 Alzadar wrote:
I can't for the life of me get past the Ancients though. They were EZ PZ back in Nightmare but now they have Cold, Fire and Cold + Fire immunities respectively, and the whirlwind one just shreds my Desert merc in seconds. Any tips or strategies on how to get past them?


The ancients spawn with 110% Fire resistance, 100% Lightning Resistance, and 150% Cold Resistance respectively. Cold Enchanted and fire Enchanted both add 75% to that element's resistance, so they will stack with the ancients native resistance to make them immune to that element as well. Additionally, korlic (the naturally cold immune one) has enough fire resistance that a magic resistant modifier will make him immune to that as well.

You need to respawn the ancients until you can get a fight you can handle. I can't remember if the town portal fight reset changes their modifiers or not, you may need to exit and re-enter the game.

As drew said, you should utilize teleport to keep your merc out of their attack range until you've killed most of them off. After that, you should be able to force-feed him potions to keep him up and running. If you're running out of potions, you can prep the fight area by coating the ground with pots (placing a bunch in the cube then dropping the cube on the ground with a full inventory is the easiest way to do this)

Good Luck!

On June 25 2011 06:41 Rankath wrote:
There are very few chars (if any? havent played a long time) that can make it through hell alone.
D2 is supposed to be a Multiplayergame and esp. in Hell you need the support of other classes/speccs to kill guys like "immune to fire - immune to cold"

You do need to build your character to handle 2 or 3 different types of elemental damage, but the game is definitely beatable with any char, even with severe restrictions. In this tournament here for example, players were able to beat hardcore with every class (except barbarian, whose run was never finished) without investing any points in vitality.
ATLzac
Profile Joined February 2011
United States51 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 22:08:56
June 24 2011 22:06 GMT
#280
On June 25 2011 06:49 Turgid wrote:
I was just looking for a general place to get builds for PvM for all classes. I know we can make it through the game with a lot of builds but if there's only, say, 3 of us I want to at least be able to touch Hell. I think ATLzac's link has some of what I need but I'm really surprised I can't find a database of cookie cutter builds.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=49337226&f=87

edit- saw you found it

register for the site and join the community

its a great asset to have around
Peace.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 236
NeuroSwarm 184
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21043
Dewaltoss 140
Bale 51
Noble 5
Icarus 4
League of Legends
JimRising 834
Other Games
summit1g13318
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 15
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2105
League of Legends
• Lourlo1273
• Rush565
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 21m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 21m
Replay Cast
18h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.