• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:40
CEST 06:40
KST 13:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8219 users

Diablo 2 thread - Page 13

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 69 Next
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-20 21:05:06
June 20 2011 21:04 GMT
#241
On June 21 2011 03:35 Playguuu wrote:
I started playing this again, I usually stopped playing at like level 30 since I didn't know what I was doing with my character and what gear to go for.

I'm playing a werebear with grizzly at 20 right now. He's quite the beast and hits really hard. I was actually able to have my merc and bear tank duriel without either dying in Nightmare(Strength runeword on merc really helped). I don't know how useful the bear is going to be later on and into hell but so far it seems to be working out.

Anyone have any experience with the werebear/grizzly act 3 nightmare and beyond? So far it's working out just aoe stunning everything with shockwave while my merc and bear clean everything up. I'm worried though that eventually I'll need to fight stuff solo and my hit rating is really low but don't want to dump a bunch of points into dexterity if I don't have to.

Also I have a bunch of gems that I've been collecting, but it's severely eating into my inventory. Should I just not bother or keep the lower ones for rune transmutes. Any actual use for these?

I'd throw away all the gems but the perfects that you intend to add to a socketed item. Don't add sockets to a runeword or you'll break them! (Of course you can throw those out too, and just add runes or jewels that you like).

You can use chipped and normal gems for transmuting rejuvenation potions.
You can transmute flawless gems into perfect gems.
You can transmute flawed gems into normal gems.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
June 20 2011 22:49 GMT
#242
Yes, I know how the transmutes work. I was more or less asking if they are used at all by high level characters, like dumping X perfect emeralds into a backup weapon or if prismatic amulets were useful beyond making up resistance levels going from nightmare-hell. I know topaz were reasonable to hang onto for magic find, anything else I should consider?
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
Svetz
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia311 Posts
June 20 2011 23:39 GMT
#243
Perfect Gems are used in a lot of crafting recipes (re-rolling, adding sockets and crafting amus/rings) so there worth keeping but I'd suggest muling them!
When I grow up I want to be Harry Dresden ;(
JustQuitWarcraftIII
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States679 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-20 23:47:00
June 20 2011 23:42 GMT
#244
Are there any TL'ers on US West ladder/
Xenocide_Knight
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Korea (South)2625 Posts
June 20 2011 23:58 GMT
#245
Omg, so I started running countess today, just chillin, and I decided I was tired of the teleport sound so I started listening to some IU.

BAM
Immediately, 1st run while listening to kpop - Ist rune.

2nd high rune I've ever found in my life (including forge. 1st one was a vex off some random Devilkin during a countess run). And I've been playing since 03

I don't know what to do now..
Shine[Kal] #1 fan
Gliche
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States811 Posts
June 21 2011 00:34 GMT
#246
On June 21 2011 08:58 Xenocide_Knight wrote:
Omg, so I started running countess today, just chillin, and I decided I was tired of the teleport sound so I started listening to some IU.

BAM
Immediately, 1st run while listening to kpop - Ist rune.

2nd high rune I've ever found in my life (including forge. 1st one was a vex off some random Devilkin during a countess run). And I've been playing since 03

I don't know what to do now..

If you still had the vex I'd tell you to make a Silence. I always liked that runeword even though it's not very good.
KT fighting~!! | Designing things is fun!
Omnipresent
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States871 Posts
June 21 2011 10:14 GMT
#247
On June 21 2011 09:34 Gliche wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2011 08:58 Xenocide_Knight wrote:
Omg, so I started running countess today, just chillin, and I decided I was tired of the teleport sound so I started listening to some IU.

BAM
Immediately, 1st run while listening to kpop - Ist rune.

2nd high rune I've ever found in my life (including forge. 1st one was a vex off some random Devilkin during a countess run). And I've been playing since 03

I don't know what to do now..

If you still had the vex I'd tell you to make a Silence. I always liked that runeword even though it's not very good.

Trade the vex for a low-mid torch if you don't have one already.

If you haven't played in a few seasons, you're going to be blown away by the rune drops. They've been significantly increased.
1648357
Profile Joined June 2011
4 Posts
June 21 2011 18:14 GMT
#248
Can somebody help me out with the following problem:
I was playing D2 on Act 1 nightmare in single player. I died and at the same time, my computer crashed, now my character is not listed in the character list at the starting screen anymore. I checked and all of the save game files are still there.

What to do TL?
amd098
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (North)1366 Posts
June 21 2011 19:12 GMT
#249
try those dolls in hell, they do like 500dmg when they die, and you get enchanted packs of them
cursed with amp dmg and their crit on death, you dead

i either tele like hell [pally, sorc] or dim vision [necro]
other chars its best to avoid them, barbs can use howl to scare them away, or use summons/decoys to distract while you zip away

im on useast ladder, *amd123 with a hammerdin and a bear druid

the grizzy/bear druid is pretty good, but kills slow and safely, with shockwave to stun youll kill them while they cant kill you

a good set of gear is the ik set with jalals mane, and put ums into the armor and jalals while the maul gets 2 shaels, my bear uses that and can solo ubers
IK set is great on druids honestly, you can get a full druid set of gear [torch, ik set, jalals] for ist or less, i paid about mal for all my druids gear
North Korea is best Korea!
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 01:27:59
June 22 2011 01:25 GMT
#250
On June 22 2011 03:14 1648357 wrote:
Can somebody help me out with the following problem:
I was playing D2 on Act 1 nightmare in single player. I died and at the same time, my computer crashed, now my character is not listed in the character list at the starting screen anymore. I checked and all of the save game files are still there.

What to do TL?

This is a long shot, but are you sure the folder with your character is named "save"?
If it is, your character is probably corrupted in some way. I can't think of any other reason why you can't use him.


On June 22 2011 04:12 amd098 wrote:
try those dolls in hell, they do like 500dmg when they die, and you get enchanted packs of them
cursed with amp dmg and their crit on death, you dead

i either tele like hell [pally, sorc] or dim vision [necro]
other chars its best to avoid them, barbs can use howl to scare them away, or use summons/decoys to distract while you zip away

Yeah so far that's the plan. It's a good thin random amps and crit don't stack...

I'd probably have to use conversion to kill those dolls... I don't like running from monsters, because there's always the risk you run into a large mob and have no good retreat path.
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
myopia
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2928 Posts
June 22 2011 02:03 GMT
#251
started up Median XL with my brother, neither of us have played it before. it's refreshing to have a sense of the unknown in D2 again.

/players 8 is the greatest thing ever
it's my first day
Gliche
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States811 Posts
June 22 2011 02:05 GMT
#252
On June 21 2011 19:14 Omnipresent wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2011 09:34 Gliche wrote:
On June 21 2011 08:58 Xenocide_Knight wrote:
Omg, so I started running countess today, just chillin, and I decided I was tired of the teleport sound so I started listening to some IU.

BAM
Immediately, 1st run while listening to kpop - Ist rune.

2nd high rune I've ever found in my life (including forge. 1st one was a vex off some random Devilkin during a countess run). And I've been playing since 03

I don't know what to do now..

If you still had the vex I'd tell you to make a Silence. I always liked that runeword even though it's not very good.

Trade the vex for a low-mid torch if you don't have one already.

If you haven't played in a few seasons, you're going to be blown away by the rune drops. They've been significantly increased.

How are the HR values now? Is there a lot of inflation?
KT fighting~!! | Designing things is fun!
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 02:19:32
June 22 2011 02:19 GMT
#253
On June 01 2011 15:19 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Has anybody actually made it through with anything besides a hammerdin?

fishymancer is the easiest char to get thru all the modes on your own by far, ive made a few in HC and got em to 80s(like 2)/91 (was my highest hc char) next easiest i would say is either a meteorb sorc or a non WW barb (talking about solo here, i dont trust anyone in HC lol)
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
June 22 2011 02:21 GMT
#254
On June 21 2011 08:58 Xenocide_Knight wrote:
Omg, so I started running countess today, just chillin, and I decided I was tired of the teleport sound so I started listening to some IU.

BAM
Immediately, 1st run while listening to kpop - Ist rune.

2nd high rune I've ever found in my life (including forge. 1st one was a vex off some random Devilkin during a countess run). And I've been playing since 03

I don't know what to do now..

hehe, as high runes go ist isnt all that hard to find (ive found 3) havent had luck with many other higher runes, 1 ber and 1 vex, all the others i just trade since once you get to torch runs.. u can get plenty of hr, or before that finding some nice uniques worth HRs (like if you find a HoZ as a necro ^^)
Deadlyhazard
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1177 Posts
June 22 2011 02:34 GMT
#255
Are fury druids good for soloing? On SP without anyone to rush me or give me uber gear? j/w....what's general the best mf/solo class in the game now? Last time it was hammerdin....
Hark!
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
June 22 2011 02:47 GMT
#256
On June 21 2011 07:49 Playguuu wrote:
Yes, I know how the transmutes work. I was more or less asking if they are used at all by high level characters, like dumping X perfect emeralds into a backup weapon or if prismatic amulets were useful beyond making up resistance levels going from nightmare-hell. I know topaz were reasonable to hang onto for magic find, anything else I should consider?


IMO
Skull>Ruby>Amethyst>Topaz>Diamond>Sapphire>Emerald. I dont keep anything lower than flawless for anything but Rubies and Skulls, but some people think differently.
Freeeeeeedom
MrProb
Profile Joined January 2011
Thailand794 Posts
June 22 2011 03:14 GMT
#257
found bonesnappa off Diablo himself xD life is much easier with it.

i missed my classic hc ladder barb wayy back in the day >_<
rave[wcr] wrote: wtf how can erik understand kelly, its like han solo and chewabacca overthere.
Cryhavoc
Profile Joined April 2010
372 Posts
June 22 2011 03:21 GMT
#258
THIS IS A DIABLO 2 THREAD. SO NO LORD OF DESTRUCTION BULLSHIT.

poll Assassin and the Druid
wtf they added in lod
lol
En Taro Adun!
Gliche
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States811 Posts
June 22 2011 03:22 GMT
#259
On June 22 2011 11:34 Deadlyhazard wrote:
Are fury druids good for soloing? On SP without anyone to rush me or give me uber gear? j/w....what's general the best mf/solo class in the game now? Last time it was hammerdin....

If you're on SP and plan on MFing, absolutely make a sorc. Teleport > all. Hdin's can surpass sorc's if they have Enigma, but I doubt you'll be getting that anytime soon. Just be aware that sorc's don't truly become powerful until they hit their mid 30's.

On June 22 2011 11:47 cLutZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2011 07:49 Playguuu wrote:
Yes, I know how the transmutes work. I was more or less asking if they are used at all by high level characters, like dumping X perfect emeralds into a backup weapon or if prismatic amulets were useful beyond making up resistance levels going from nightmare-hell. I know topaz were reasonable to hang onto for magic find, anything else I should consider?


IMO
Skull>Ruby>Amethyst>Topaz>Diamond>Sapphire>Emerald. I dont keep anything lower than flawless for anything but Rubies and Skulls, but some people think differently.

Pgems are used by high level chars all the time. Any kind should be kept for cubing charms at the very least. Make skill gcs and resists charms. Sometimes use them for cubing any socketables you find, especially useful when you need that 4os polearm.

Worth mentioning are that Pruby and Pamethyst especially are useful for crafting and are usually worth 2x the other gems. Pskulls have a special function for rerolling rare claws mostly, sometimes wands/scepters to get specific +skillls on them at certain levels.
KT fighting~!! | Designing things is fun!
Okiesmokie
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada379 Posts
June 22 2011 04:59 GMT
#260
On June 22 2011 12:21 Cryhavoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
THIS IS A DIABLO 2 THREAD. SO NO LORD OF DESTRUCTION BULLSHIT.

poll Assassin and the Druid
wtf they added in lod
lol

Did you miss the:

On June 01 2011 15:00 BackHo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Nah, j/k.


Right below it?
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 236
NeuroSwarm 184
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21043
Dewaltoss 140
Bale 51
Noble 5
Icarus 4
League of Legends
JimRising 834
Other Games
summit1g13318
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 15
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2105
League of Legends
• Lourlo1273
• Rush565
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 21m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 21m
Replay Cast
18h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.