• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:04
CEST 07:04
KST 14:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8866 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 173

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 196 Next
Ghostpvp
Profile Joined October 2010
United States462 Posts
May 27 2012 04:24 GMT
#3441
On May 27 2012 01:18 Coriolis wrote:
Plasma gun is insanely OP. There is a reason its banned from competition.


Is is truly OP, or is it just the fact that it is on the raider that makes it OP?

After the 12% hit-box nerf, if it was on any other class I think it would be fine.
Move Zig
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 27 2012 04:59 GMT
#3442
On May 27 2012 13:24 Ghostpvp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2012 01:18 Coriolis wrote:
Plasma gun is insanely OP. There is a reason its banned from competition.


Is is truly OP, or is it just the fact that it is on the raider that makes it OP?

After the 12% hit-box nerf, if it was on any other class I think it would be fine.

Yeah pretty much. The combination of the shield pack and chaingun is really good, giving the raider a direct fire weapon just takes it over the top.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Muey
Profile Joined August 2007
Finland149 Posts
May 27 2012 08:28 GMT
#3443
Yeah, it's not as much the gun itself, but the fact that they pretty much removed the Raider's only real/exploitable weakness when they gave him the plasma.

Banning plasma gives an incentive to use other classes, and prevents the game from degrading into an even worse "all raider, all the time, every time" -state than it currently is.
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
May 27 2012 10:32 GMT
#3444
damn fractal grenades
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
May 27 2012 10:47 GMT
#3445
On May 27 2012 19:32 BlindKill wrote:
damn fractal grenades

I hear ya.

To paraphrase IdrA: I haven't unlocked Brute, because I have self-respect.
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
May 27 2012 16:01 GMT
#3446
is there a dps chart for smgs? The tribes wiki one is incomplete and I wanted to get the nj5 because it has more damage per clip than nj4 but didn't know if I was sacrificing dps for it.
Ghostpvp
Profile Joined October 2010
United States462 Posts
May 27 2012 16:06 GMT
#3447
On May 28 2012 01:01 Count9 wrote:
is there a dps chart for smgs? The tribes wiki one is incomplete and I wanted to get the nj5 because it has more damage per clip than nj4 but didn't know if I was sacrificing dps for it.


They have the same dps iirc.
You can search the hirez forum for the info of all the autos dps/bullet speed/etc.
Move Zig
Ryhzuo
Profile Joined November 2011
New Zealand198 Posts
May 27 2012 16:15 GMT
#3448
On May 28 2012 01:01 Count9 wrote:
is there a dps chart for smgs? The tribes wiki one is incomplete and I wanted to get the nj5 because it has more damage per clip than nj4 but didn't know if I was sacrificing dps for it.


They have near identical DPS if every hit hands, only difference is the fire rate and the fact that the nj5 can zoom.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 27 2012 16:21 GMT
#3449
DPS is almost irrelevant in tribes. Burst damage is far more important, and when it comes to chainguns whoever has better aim is going to win anyways.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Ryhzuo
Profile Joined November 2011
New Zealand198 Posts
May 27 2012 16:51 GMT
#3450
On May 28 2012 01:21 Coriolis wrote:
DPS is almost irrelevant in tribes. Burst damage is far more important, and when it comes to chainguns whoever has better aim is going to win anyways.


DPS is irrelevant because dueling is a secondary objective in Tribes. However, this doesn't mean it's unimportant. A skilled SMG user will defeat a skilled fusor user most of the time.

The difference between a shield pack raider NJ4 and a Jug with LMG is tiny, so DPS is very important in this case.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 27 2012 16:56 GMT
#3451
On May 28 2012 01:51 Ryhzuo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2012 01:21 Coriolis wrote:
DPS is almost irrelevant in tribes. Burst damage is far more important, and when it comes to chainguns whoever has better aim is going to win anyways.


DPS is irrelevant because dueling is a secondary objective in Tribes. However, this doesn't mean it's unimportant. A skilled SMG user will defeat a skilled fusor user most of the time.

The difference between a shield pack raider NJ4 and a Jug with LMG is tiny, so DPS is very important in this case.

No, the chaingun will win because the spinfusor is easier to dodge. If you could hit midairs 100% of the time as well as direct shots on the ground the spinfusor would always win. Why? Because getting midaired fucks over your aim as well as doing tons of damage. The chaingun is simply a better option because its easier to hit with.

Also dueling is not secondary. If its 7v7 and you have 4 O vs 3 D, then if you have each person duel someone you just distracted their entire D and still have a guy left over for capping. Team Legion wins based off this philosphy that they can simply outduel everyone.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
May 28 2012 00:35 GMT
#3452
Will brute be really good when/if they get smgs or will their bad mobility hold them back despite having smg/shield pack/tons of hp?
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 28 2012 01:01 GMT
#3453
On May 28 2012 09:35 Count9 wrote:
Will brute be really good when/if they get smgs or will their bad mobility hold them back despite having smg/shield pack/tons of hp?

A SMG will make it a pretty good brawler, it'd probably play a niche role but it'd still be used. I doubt it'll happen though, hirez doesn't want a repeat of tribes 2 classic.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 28 2012 02:03 GMT
#3454
On May 27 2012 13:01 TBone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2012 13:00 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
On May 27 2012 11:56 TBone- wrote:
On May 27 2012 11:37 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
On May 27 2012 11:30 TBone- wrote:
On May 27 2012 11:19 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Alright, so at the risk of looking like a retard, how do you reduce your zoom?
I know how to magnify your zoom, but not reduce it. I've gone to a Tribes wiki and I've looked through the hotkey section in settings many times over to no avail. Heck, the only indicator I have that you even CAN reduce your zoom is from watching some comp level snipers on youtube.


Mouse wheel down?


Doesn't work. It was the very first thing I tried. Does it work for you?


Yeah it does, perhaps its a mouse problem?


Not a mouse problem. I thought it was the fact I bound my weapon switch to scroll down on mouse wheel because that's what I'm used to. Unfortunately, I unbound that and nothing happened.


Try resetting hotkeys to default. That should fix it.


Fixed it and then screwed it up in a way that actually improves it. Thanks for the advice!
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
May 28 2012 04:20 GMT
#3455
Did past tribes have this thing where the direction you are skiing affects your discs? I was skiing pretty fast and even though my crosshair was right on him the disc went FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR left of him. I think this is called "inheritance" and does the comp scene like this.
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 28 2012 04:32 GMT
#3456
On May 28 2012 13:20 BlindKill wrote:
Did past tribes have this thing where the direction you are skiing affects your discs? I was skiing pretty fast and even though my crosshair was right on him the disc went FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR left of him. I think this is called "inheritance" and does the comp scene like this.

Yes. And the comp scene loves it.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
May 28 2012 05:25 GMT
#3457
On May 28 2012 13:20 BlindKill wrote:
Did past tribes have this thing where the direction you are skiing affects your discs? I was skiing pretty fast and even though my crosshair was right on him the disc went FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR left of him. I think this is called "inheritance" and does the comp scene like this.

Try playing tribes for a while, then switch to soldier on team fortress 2. Suddenly, landing those missiles is a cakewalk.
Narfinger
Profile Joined April 2011
53 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 10:11:25
May 28 2012 10:03 GMT
#3458
Does anybody know how to reduce the distortion effect on damage? I play HoF but as soon as I eat a spinfusor shot I can't see anything anymore.

On another point: I hope Hi-Rez keeps double xp forever. I am close to having unlocked everything I need for HoF but now I don't want to play it anymore. I think many casual players will feel the same way if they do not change the ridiculous costs.

And I was wondering about something else actually. Would it be insanely OP if they would fix the Saber Launcher? How about 2.5 sec lock-on and make the missile a bit smarter. I had multiple missles explode right at my feet when I was shooting them. And some architecture makes it completely useless imho. And auto-shooting on lock-on would also help. How many times I had 1 millisecond left to shoot my missile while spamming the fire button -.-
I am a noob, don't listen to me.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
May 28 2012 10:59 GMT
#3459
On May 28 2012 19:03 Narfinger wrote:
Does anybody know how to reduce the distortion effect on damage? I play HoF but as soon as I eat a spinfusor shot I can't see anything anymore.

On another point: I hope Hi-Rez keeps double xp forever. I am close to having unlocked everything I need for HoF but now I don't want to play it anymore. I think many casual players will feel the same way if they do not change the ridiculous costs.

And I was wondering about something else actually. Would it be insanely OP if they would fix the Saber Launcher? How about 2.5 sec lock-on and make the missile a bit smarter. I had multiple missles explode right at my feet when I was shooting them. And some architecture makes it completely useless imho. And auto-shooting on lock-on would also help. How many times I had 1 millisecond left to shoot my missile while spamming the fire button -.-

Saber launcher doesn't need a buff or it will be completely OP in pubs. As it is, you'll get most newbs with little trouble unless they can find cover, though of course most of the better player will be able to intercept it.

Shoot-on-lock is reasonable, but I don't really see how you've managed to get it to blow up at your feet considering the missile starts off by shooting straight up for a small bit. Are you sure that you didn't try to fire it inside a tower or so?

DMB does need a reasonable secondary though. The chaingun and mines/nades are useful, especially combined with forcefields, but I would really appreciate anything explosive, like a fusor or plasma gun or something. It doesn't even have to be especially good as long as it's an explosive secondary that doesn't require lockon.
InsanityUK
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom25 Posts
May 28 2012 11:06 GMT
#3460
Can anyone hear who plays casual PUGs now and again tell me what the skill level is like compared to Pubs?

I play capper and can normally do very well in pub games but I'm looking for something with a bit more structure and teamwork.

If I'm going to get slapped down I want to be mentally prepared.
It's not the name you're given, it's the name you make.
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech150
Nina 96
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3521
Shuttle 1469
Sharp 375
Dewaltoss 88
Mong 64
Noble 14
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox574
Mew2King26
Other Games
summit1g7806
WinterStarcraft545
C9.Mang0257
Sick115
ViBE107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Lourlo1069
• Stunt355
Other Games
• Shiphtur423
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 57m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.