• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:38
CEST 03:38
KST 10:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9872 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 168

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 196 Next
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
May 15 2012 07:42 GMT
#3341
On May 15 2012 15:36 SagaZ wrote:
So i've been playing for some weeks now, wasted my free gold on a soldier spinfusor cause i thought it was the coolest thing ever and now i am level 13 or so.
Thing is I quite plainly suck at the game...
I usually only play tdm cause game crashs when i try to load a ctf game (still unsure why..) and my average scoring per game is like 4k. I have the nooby stile of fighting where you aim where they are going to touch the ground and shoot your spinfusor/thumper. I tryed assault riffle but i am really really bad at it and get frustrated when i try to kill some1 with it and just get thumper'd to death everytime i touch the ground.. I have used my exp so far exclusivly on soldier upgrades and i am saving for the eagle pistol, thinking that with a hitscan weapon i may do better.
My question is.. how do I get better? suck it up and use the assault riffle at everytime again? i read that people play this game with low sensitivity, is it going to help even if you suck at chains? any tips you guys can give about how to get better, get exp, better aim and spending exp order?
<3

Practise practise practise practise practise...

If you feel that TDM isn't working, then go into target practise and just try nailing those AR shots. While fusor/thumper hits do more per shot, the AR will kill your enemies faster and more reliably, especially if you've got it fully upgraded. I assume you've already got the armor/pack upgrades.
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 10:22:37
May 15 2012 10:16 GMT
#3342
I use a 1080 wide screen with 1800 dpi mouse, 6/11 at windows and I think about 9 in game. I do use Razer on the fly sensitivity nowadays though because I like to play the tank in pubs. So it's at max 10/10 when I'm in beowulf, 6.0 as a jugg or Soldier and 3.0 to 4.0 as a sentinel. When I played just sentinel I had like 2.5 in game and the razer thing at 6.0.

They should let us set custom sensitivity for every class, or atleast for the beowulf. They'll do it if we let them charge for it.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 15 2012 12:28 GMT
#3343
On May 15 2012 19:16 HwangjaeTerran wrote:
I use a 1080 wide screen with 1800 dpi mouse, 6/11 at windows and I think about 9 in game. I do use Razer on the fly sensitivity nowadays though because I like to play the tank in pubs. So it's at max 10/10 when I'm in beowulf, 6.0 as a jugg or Soldier and 3.0 to 4.0 as a sentinel. When I played just sentinel I had like 2.5 in game and the razer thing at 6.0.

They should let us set custom sensitivity for every class, or atleast for the beowulf. They'll do it if we let them charge for it.

Beowolf sens maxes out pretty low anyways. And "flying" sens affects it I think, it used to when it was an .ini option anyways.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
May 15 2012 18:21 GMT
#3344
On May 15 2012 15:36 SagaZ wrote:
So i've been playing for some weeks now, wasted my free gold on a soldier spinfusor cause i thought it was the coolest thing ever and now i am level 13 or so.
Thing is I quite plainly suck at the game...
I usually only play tdm cause game crashs when i try to load a ctf game (still unsure why..) and my average scoring per game is like 4k. I have the nooby stile of fighting where you aim where they are going to touch the ground and shoot your spinfusor/thumper. I tryed assault riffle but i am really really bad at it and get frustrated when i try to kill some1 with it and just get thumper'd to death everytime i touch the ground.. I have used my exp so far exclusivly on soldier upgrades and i am saving for the eagle pistol, thinking that with a hitscan weapon i may do better.
My question is.. how do I get better? suck it up and use the assault riffle at everytime again? i read that people play this game with low sensitivity, is it going to help even if you suck at chains? any tips you guys can give about how to get better, get exp, better aim and spending exp order?
<3

Only one solution: training. I played a lot of Arena as well as TDM to improve my aim with automatic weapons. It's going to be hard at first, but once you get the hang of it it's very rewarding .
FishStix
Profile Joined April 2010
United States425 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 21:43:27
May 15 2012 21:40 GMT
#3345
If you missed the grand finals of the CSN tournament, go check out the VOD, available now!! If you find any specifically hype moments, please post the timestamp here - trying to create a compilation video recapping the tourney :D
I do stuff in eSports
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-16 03:03:15
May 16 2012 02:56 GMT
#3346
How good are white out grenades without egocentric perk? Also, how good is the nerfed plasma gun? I have some extra xp laying around now that I've been playing like crazy cause of the nice sweet spot between school ending and job beginning and wanted to pimp out my raider. I think coriolis might've said it somewhere but what perks do I go for raider again? I was gonna get egocentric later anyways for pathfinder but was wondering if white outs are worth it for now.


Edit: oh shit, I just played some pubs with remiCs and he was raping, didn't know he was pro.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 16 2012 03:13 GMT
#3347
On May 16 2012 11:56 Count9 wrote:
How good are white out grenades without egocentric perk? Also, how good is the nerfed plasma gun? I have some extra xp laying around now that I've been playing like crazy cause of the nice sweet spot between school ending and job beginning and wanted to pimp out my raider. I think coriolis might've said it somewhere but what perks do I go for raider again? I was gonna get egocentric later anyways for pathfinder but was wondering if white outs are worth it for now.


Edit: oh shit, I just played some pubs with remiCs and he was raping, didn't know he was pro.

Yah remics is 2nd best shriker. Plasma gun is still p awesome and whiteout grenades are AMAZING. Honestly perks are your own decision, I myself run saftey third+potential energy on my raider.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-16 03:31:58
May 16 2012 03:28 GMT
#3348
On May 15 2012 15:36 SagaZ wrote:
So i've been playing for some weeks now, wasted my free gold on a soldier spinfusor cause i thought it was the coolest thing ever and now i am level 13 or so.
Thing is I quite plainly suck at the game...
I usually only play tdm cause game crashs when i try to load a ctf game (still unsure why..) and my average scoring per game is like 4k. I have the nooby stile of fighting where you aim where they are going to touch the ground and shoot your spinfusor/thumper. I tryed assault riffle but i am really really bad at it and get frustrated when i try to kill some1 with it and just get thumper'd to death everytime i touch the ground.. I have used my exp so far exclusivly on soldier upgrades and i am saving for the eagle pistol, thinking that with a hitscan weapon i may do better.
My question is.. how do I get better? suck it up and use the assault riffle at everytime again? i read that people play this game with low sensitivity, is it going to help even if you suck at chains? any tips you guys can give about how to get better, get exp, better aim and spending exp order?
<3


Generally speaking, automatic bullet weapons are by far and away the best weapons.
Get better EXP by playing CTF, and arena once you get good. STAY AWAY FROM TDM. Terrible EXP there.
Aim better by having low sensitivity, and playing a LOT. Learning the physics in Tribes takes time, but fortunately, you won't have to get good enough to consistently MA with your spinfusor because it sucks in this game. I'm assuming you are familiar with Starcraft, as you are on TL, so I'll draw a comparison here. There are two parts of macro, generally speaking. The ability to know when to do the various actions, and your hand's ability to move fast enough to do those actions. The former can be trained in special ways to improve it MUCH faster, but the latter is just grinding games, and that's what your going to end up doing to improve your aim.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 16 2012 03:30 GMT
#3349
On May 16 2012 11:56 Count9 wrote:
How good are white out grenades without egocentric perk? Also, how good is the nerfed plasma gun? I have some extra xp laying around now that I've been playing like crazy cause of the nice sweet spot between school ending and job beginning and wanted to pimp out my raider. I think coriolis might've said it somewhere but what perks do I go for raider again? I was gonna get egocentric later anyways for pathfinder but was wondering if white outs are worth it for now.


Edit: oh shit, I just played some pubs with remiCs and he was raping, didn't know he was pro.


Plasma gun is still pretty good, but NJ4 is still better and you'll probably be using the grenade launcher for base raping since the NJ4 can't do that.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 16 2012 03:32 GMT
#3350
On May 16 2012 12:13 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 11:56 Count9 wrote:
How good are white out grenades without egocentric perk? Also, how good is the nerfed plasma gun? I have some extra xp laying around now that I've been playing like crazy cause of the nice sweet spot between school ending and job beginning and wanted to pimp out my raider. I think coriolis might've said it somewhere but what perks do I go for raider again? I was gonna get egocentric later anyways for pathfinder but was wondering if white outs are worth it for now.


Edit: oh shit, I just played some pubs with remiCs and he was raping, didn't know he was pro.

Yah remics is 2nd best shriker. Plasma gun is still p awesome and whiteout grenades are AMAZING. Honestly perks are your own decision, I myself run saftey third+potential energy on my raider.


Who's the best?
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 16 2012 03:42 GMT
#3351
On May 16 2012 12:32 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 12:13 Coriolis wrote:
On May 16 2012 11:56 Count9 wrote:
How good are white out grenades without egocentric perk? Also, how good is the nerfed plasma gun? I have some extra xp laying around now that I've been playing like crazy cause of the nice sweet spot between school ending and job beginning and wanted to pimp out my raider. I think coriolis might've said it somewhere but what perks do I go for raider again? I was gonna get egocentric later anyways for pathfinder but was wondering if white outs are worth it for now.


Edit: oh shit, I just played some pubs with remiCs and he was raping, didn't know he was pro.

Yah remics is 2nd best shriker. Plasma gun is still p awesome and whiteout grenades are AMAZING. Honestly perks are your own decision, I myself run saftey third+potential energy on my raider.


Who's the best?

Shrikers (in NA anyways, I have next to no knowledge of the EU scene) probably goes something like this
1 Vir
2 Remics
3 Me
4 Chambers

After that it really doesn't matter as its pretty even skill wise.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Fraidnot
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States824 Posts
May 16 2012 03:57 GMT
#3352
Remics is a better player sans shrike though.
Binky1842
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States2599 Posts
May 16 2012 05:03 GMT
#3353
i was dog fighting remics a few days ago for a few maps. was crazy fun, but he kicked my butt
"The zoo could not confirm that Binky was the attacker, but only Binky had blood on his face following the incident"
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
May 16 2012 12:38 GMT
#3354
http://beta.xfire.com/users/pheer0this/screenshots/123464506

Can someone explain what in the hell just happened there? 700 base xp, 3200 bonus xp(?!?!?!?!?) and 1900 vip, totalling 5800 xp. Not in the screenshot is a badge I earned too, putting me at around 10k xp for just that match. I don't think I've ever had that much bonus xp before.... I was just dicking around in the enemy base as infiltrator, too.

Oh and for those of you who enjoy infiltrator and don't have smoke grenades - do yourself a favor and go unlock them now. If only I had known how much fun they are earlier..
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
May 16 2012 12:51 GMT
#3355
On May 16 2012 21:38 Ethenielle wrote:
http://beta.xfire.com/users/pheer0this/screenshots/123464506

Can someone explain what in the hell just happened there? 700 base xp, 3200 bonus xp(?!?!?!?!?) and 1900 vip, totalling 5800 xp. Not in the screenshot is a badge I earned too, putting me at around 10k xp for just that match. I don't think I've ever had that much bonus xp before.... I was just dicking around in the enemy base as infiltrator, too.

Oh and for those of you who enjoy infiltrator and don't have smoke grenades - do yourself a favor and go unlock them now. If only I had known how much fun they are earlier..

I'm pretty sure badges go into your bonus XP, tbh...
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
May 16 2012 13:21 GMT
#3356
How? After that match I had ~10k more xp, 4.5k from badge, 5.8k from the match itself. It doesn't make sense.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
May 16 2012 13:51 GMT
#3357
Well, I've noticed that whenever I get a badge, I get a lot of bonus exp, so they are obviously related. I think maybe the bonus exp calculations take into account all exp you get during the match, including badges, while the base XP meter just shows the non-badge XP you've earned...

Qbek
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Poland12923 Posts
May 16 2012 14:00 GMT
#3358
Are there any details on the XP calculations available somewhere? I'd love to do some abuse (well I think I know why if they're hidden lol)
This space left intentionally dank /)3(\ http://i.imgur.com/RmeEUcF.png
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
May 16 2012 16:34 GMT
#3359
On May 16 2012 23:00 Qbek wrote:
Are there any details on the XP calculations available somewhere? I'd love to do some abuse (well I think I know why if they're hidden lol)


If I recall correctly you get 0.5 xp per second played. 50% of you xp is from the length of the math, 25 % on if you win or not and up to 25% depending on how you rank on the scoreboard.So for maximum xp you want to win the match in the last few seconds of overtime while being #1 on your teams scoreboard.
FishStix
Profile Joined April 2010
United States425 Posts
May 16 2012 16:53 GMT
#3360
I just got a pretty good flag pass on my stream... heheh :D
I do stuff in eSports
Prev 1 166 167 168 169 170 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12780
Shuttle 676
Artosis 607
Dewaltoss 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm149
League of Legends
Doublelift4014
Counter-Strike
taco 494
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox521
AZ_Axe110
Other Games
summit1g7929
shahzam693
Day[9].tv544
C9.Mang0359
Maynarde149
ViBE127
WinterStarcraft79
Trikslyr68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv544
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.