• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:57
CEST 02:57
KST 09:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8595 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 167

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 196 Next
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 14 2012 17:57 GMT
#3321
On May 14 2012 22:12 Ethenielle wrote:
Equal shrike sens.. Oo

My normal mouse sens is 5, vehicle is 40. I used to have a low vehicle sens but then I had to drag my mouse 10 times around the mousepad just for a 180 turn, so I changed.

People use/used SMG on infiltrator because they scream chaingun OP LOL. But like you said, explosive is supreme for anything but open terrain duels, and if you're caught open terrain with infiltrator you deserve to die anyway. Seems like most competitive infils have changed to spinfusor lately though.


I hope to god that part about your mouse sens being 5 is a typo.
Anyways, I don't think an inf out in the open is a dead man. Not necessarily, at least. Typically, I need to get pounced by three or more at once in order to lose. Throwing knives are crazy. Granted, considering where an inf is at home (hint: it's not HIS home), he would typically encounter a bit more opposition than 2 guys.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 19:09:07
May 14 2012 19:05 GMT
#3322
On May 15 2012 02:57 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2012 22:12 Ethenielle wrote:
Equal shrike sens.. Oo

My normal mouse sens is 5, vehicle is 40. I used to have a low vehicle sens but then I had to drag my mouse 10 times around the mousepad just for a 180 turn, so I changed.

People use/used SMG on infiltrator because they scream chaingun OP LOL. But like you said, explosive is supreme for anything but open terrain duels, and if you're caught open terrain with infiltrator you deserve to die anyway. Seems like most competitive infils have changed to spinfusor lately though.


I hope to god that part about your mouse sens being 5 is a typo.
Anyways, I don't think an inf out in the open is a dead man. Not necessarily, at least. Typically, I need to get pounced by three or more at once in order to lose. Throwing knives are crazy. Granted, considering where an inf is at home (hint: it's not HIS home), he would typically encounter a bit more opposition than 2 guys.


my mouse sens is on 10 i think, so 5 isn't really weird at all. If you are running a very high sens on normal desktop usage (high dpi mouse, i think i'm somewhere around 5000dpi with 3/11 sens in windows), then running 10 mouse sense in tribes is still pretty fast. And if you look at some quake guys, some have to rotate their whole forearm 60 degrees around their elbow to make like a 90 degree turn ingame, THAT is low sens. It just gives you very precise aim for small distances at the cost of reduced ability to flip-turn 360 or something like that. But small distance aim is probably more important, especially for machine-gunning and other stuff where you have to track a moving target with a good precision.

/edit: typos
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
May 14 2012 19:23 GMT
#3323
Uhh.. if they need 3 people to kill you it's not because you're an infiltrator, it's because they suck ass. Sorry.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 14 2012 19:30 GMT
#3324
On May 15 2012 04:05 MisterD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 02:57 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
On May 14 2012 22:12 Ethenielle wrote:
Equal shrike sens.. Oo

My normal mouse sens is 5, vehicle is 40. I used to have a low vehicle sens but then I had to drag my mouse 10 times around the mousepad just for a 180 turn, so I changed.

People use/used SMG on infiltrator because they scream chaingun OP LOL. But like you said, explosive is supreme for anything but open terrain duels, and if you're caught open terrain with infiltrator you deserve to die anyway. Seems like most competitive infils have changed to spinfusor lately though.


I hope to god that part about your mouse sens being 5 is a typo.
Anyways, I don't think an inf out in the open is a dead man. Not necessarily, at least. Typically, I need to get pounced by three or more at once in order to lose. Throwing knives are crazy. Granted, considering where an inf is at home (hint: it's not HIS home), he would typically encounter a bit more opposition than 2 guys.


my mouse sens is on 10 i think, so 5 isn't really weird at all. If you are running a very high sens on normal desktop usage (high dpi mouse, i think i'm somewhere around 5000dpi with 3/11 sens in windows), then running 10 mouse sense in tribes is still pretty fast. And if you look at some quake guys, some have to rotate their whole forearm 60 degrees around their elbow to make like a 90 degree turn ingame, THAT is low sens. It just gives you very precise aim for small distances at the cost of reduced ability to flip-turn 360 or something like that. But small distance aim is probably more important, especially for machine-gunning and other stuff where you have to track a moving target with a good precision.

/edit: typos


Is ridiculously low sens absolutely necessary, or does it just make things easier? I learned nearly everything at 30 sens, so going back to relearn everything would be an absolute pain.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Cytokinesis
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada330 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 19:35:36
May 14 2012 19:32 GMT
#3325
I reduced my sensitivity over the past couple weeks and holy crap my aim has improved ten-fold. I was running default but now I've worked my way down to 6, which I think is perfect. Only problem I have is when using beowulf I have to lift my mouse when I want to turn the gun around a lot >.< How do you change vehicle sens separate from normal sensitivity (or were you just talking about shrike)?

Also I hate good infiltrators so much. I joined a game through Titan today and the lobby was filled with amazing players and I ended up playing technician. There were a couple infiltrators who made me swap to brute and give up on defense, it was that irritating. Both were stealth spinfusors and smoke grenades. I would get raped if I wasn't using an automatic weapon.
Ive seen people who dont believe in sleep count sheep with calculators that double as alarm clocks
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 14 2012 20:55 GMT
#3326
On May 15 2012 04:32 Cytokinesis wrote:
I reduced my sensitivity over the past couple weeks and holy crap my aim has improved ten-fold. I was running default but now I've worked my way down to 6, which I think is perfect. Only problem I have is when using beowulf I have to lift my mouse when I want to turn the gun around a lot >.< How do you change vehicle sens separate from normal sensitivity (or were you just talking about shrike)?

Also I hate good infiltrators so much. I joined a game through Titan today and the lobby was filled with amazing players and I ended up playing technician. There were a couple infiltrators who made me swap to brute and give up on defense, it was that irritating. Both were stealth spinfusors and smoke grenades. I would get raped if I wasn't using an automatic weapon.


I think it's only shrike. It's called flying pitch and flying yaw.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 14 2012 20:56 GMT
#3327
I should probably ask if there's a site that I can raid for information, instead of bothering you guys all day.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 21:32:49
May 14 2012 21:01 GMT
#3328
On May 15 2012 05:56 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Is ridiculously low sens absolutely necessary, or does it just make things easier? I learned nearly everything at 30 sens, so going back to relearn everything would be an absolute pain.


I started reducing my sens from my normal 30 today, I'm down to 27 and my god does it feel like I have more control over my mouse. I think If I can work it down to 20 or so it'll be perfect since 20 sens is a 360 rotation across my mousepad.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 14 2012 21:18 GMT
#3329
On May 15 2012 06:01 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 05:56 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
I should probably ask if there's a site that I can raid for information, instead of bothering you guys all day.


I started reducing my sens from my normal 30 today, I'm down to 27 and my god does it feel like I have more control over my mouse. I think If I can work it down to 20 or so it'll be perfect since 20 sens is a 360 rotation across my mousepad.


Quoted the wrong comment there.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
May 14 2012 21:22 GMT
#3330
Tribes is a game of tracking, so the lower the sens the better

I pretty much play with like, 3-5 sens lol
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 14 2012 21:28 GMT
#3331
I find it interesting that one question can be answered over and over again, and yet another question may not receive even one answer. Not that I don't appreciate having quite a few people pipe in to confirm that something with a great deal of subjectivity is indeed the norm.
At least I get to get some arm muscles now.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
May 14 2012 21:35 GMT
#3332
How about you use the power of google? lmgtfy tribes ascend wiki
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 14 2012 21:40 GMT
#3333
Really low sens is great. One of the best snipers I've ever seen used a sens that left him with 36 inches to do a 180....I myself just use 800 dpi and 5 sens. Most other comp players run something around me or even lower.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 00:08:54
May 15 2012 00:02 GMT
#3334
On May 15 2012 06:35 Ethenielle wrote:
How about you use the power of google? lmgtfy tribes ascend wiki


I tried that a few weeks ago. The information on them was dated. Granted, I didn't do a thorough search of all the wikis that came up.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
May 15 2012 01:19 GMT
#3335
NASL on now: http://www.twitch.tv/nasltribes

Doesn't seem too close though.
Mabel
Profile Joined January 2012
United States6 Posts
May 15 2012 01:37 GMT
#3336
On May 15 2012 06:40 Coriolis wrote:
Really low sens is great. One of the best snipers I've ever seen used a sens that left him with 36 inches to do a 180....I myself just use 800 dpi and 5 sens. Most other comp players run something around me or even lower.


400dpi/8sens here. 17"/360.
Issor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States870 Posts
May 15 2012 03:39 GMT
#3337
MABEL IS V BAD

450 DPI @ 7 INGAME SENS
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 05:01:30
May 15 2012 04:56 GMT
#3338
I use 300 DPI/12 in game sens.
Thinking of bringing down the in game a bit though for those super long range shots.
Issor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States870 Posts
May 15 2012 05:00 GMT
#3339
i have been thinking the same. at rough estimate i'm at about 22"/360 right now. I'd like to go lower but i'm fairly constrained by my small mouse pad.
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
May 15 2012 06:36 GMT
#3340
So i've been playing for some weeks now, wasted my free gold on a soldier spinfusor cause i thought it was the coolest thing ever and now i am level 13 or so.
Thing is I quite plainly suck at the game...
I usually only play tdm cause game crashs when i try to load a ctf game (still unsure why..) and my average scoring per game is like 4k. I have the nooby stile of fighting where you aim where they are going to touch the ground and shoot your spinfusor/thumper. I tryed assault riffle but i am really really bad at it and get frustrated when i try to kill some1 with it and just get thumper'd to death everytime i touch the ground.. I have used my exp so far exclusivly on soldier upgrades and i am saving for the eagle pistol, thinking that with a hitscan weapon i may do better.
My question is.. how do I get better? suck it up and use the assault riffle at everytime again? i read that people play this game with low sensitivity, is it going to help even if you suck at chains? any tips you guys can give about how to get better, get exp, better aim and spending exp order?
<3
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
Prev 1 165 166 167 168 169 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings64
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE148
ProTech140
SpeCial 122
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13517
Artosis 601
Shuttle 250
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
canceldota116
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Counter-Strike
taco 225
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox407
AZ_Axe120
Other Games
summit1g6604
shahzam647
Day[9].tv584
C9.Mang0310
Maynarde151
Trikslyr64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP56
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv584
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 3m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.