• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War125.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9351 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 165

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 196 Next
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
May 12 2012 17:13 GMT
#3281
mmmm, tasty tasty E-Drama. Don't think it's good for the game in its growing state, but who doesn't like drama?
DCRed
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland435 Posts
May 12 2012 18:01 GMT
#3282
You should see the "pro" mixed channel we have, it's pretty much arguing about rules / drama rather than playing.
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
May 12 2012 18:04 GMT
#3283
On May 13 2012 02:00 TBone- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 01:20 helvete wrote:
On May 13 2012 00:39 seequeue wrote:
On May 13 2012 00:21 Coriolis wrote:
Yeah zoid did get cut. The joke in the comp scene is that he got kicked for picking his nose LOL.

And zoid really was a shitty capper. He just had a talespin that could back him up.

ftfy

zoid was definitely their worst player and they're better off for cutting him, but the team still lacks a lot of individual skill that's going to hurt them unless they improve a lot individually (not likely) or make some good recruiting moves

wat? They are among the top 5 teams, had the worst capper.. but the rest of a51 are bad? How does that logic work? Imo tailspin is insanely good and titan, blinks and bricks are great. The rest I'm not so sure about but panda seems like a great player too (dunno if he's playing now though).

On May 13 2012 00:51 TBone- wrote:
On May 13 2012 00:21 Coriolis wrote:
Yeah zoid did get cut. The joke in the comp scene is that he got kicked for picking his nose LOL.

And zoid really was a shitty capper. He just had a team that could back him up.


Also for picking his nose and then eating it :/. But yeah he was a really bad capper for comp standards.

He ATE it as well? o.O


If you really want to see it, theres a gif on page 154 of this thread with it happening :/.

+ Show Spoiler +
That is fking disgusting. I saw it when there were only 154 pages, but you shouldn't be telling people where to find it.
☺
FishStix
Profile Joined April 2010
United States425 Posts
May 12 2012 20:46 GMT
#3284
The $2500 CSN Launch Cup concludes this weekend. Me and HiRezBart will be casting the LB and WB finals tonight at 6:30PM ET (in about 2 hours from now)!

Spinfusor.org put together an awesome write upon the remaining 6 teams. Go check it out and please tune in tonight over on CSN's TwitchTV channel <3 :D
I do stuff in eSports
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
May 12 2012 23:48 GMT
#3285
I'll be so bold and break the pro talk combo.

I just invested ~170k xp to upgrade the infiltrator. That means I bought the jackal, upgraded armor, sticky grenades, the jackal and armor and chose safety 3rd and survivalist( fully upgraded, fills energy, makes your stealth last longer ) and played a few games ( I only play pubs, casually ). What I recognized is that it's pretty easy to roam the enemy territory being cloaked, always looking for ammo to extend the cloak time. What I find hard is finding targets to safely kill without being killed in return, by 4+ angry defenders. When/how should I engage someone as an infiltrator? I find it rather unsatisfying to kill only 1-2 blood eagles before being stopped, that seems uneffective. Does somebody have some tips for me?
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
May 12 2012 23:55 GMT
#3286
On May 13 2012 08:48 Khalum wrote:
I'll be so bold and break the pro talk combo.

I just invested ~170k xp to upgrade the infiltrator. That means I bought the jackal, upgraded armor, sticky grenades, the jackal and armor and chose safety 3rd and survivalist( fully upgraded, fills energy, makes your stealth last longer ) and played a few games ( I only play pubs, casually ). What I recognized is that it's pretty easy to roam the enemy territory being cloaked, always looking for ammo to extend the cloak time. What I find hard is finding targets to safely kill without being killed in return, by 4+ angry defenders. When/how should I engage someone as an infiltrator? I find it rather unsatisfying to kill only 1-2 blood eagles before being stopped, that seems uneffective. Does somebody have some tips for me?

One way to do it is to hit from behind in bursts, especially if you have teammates coming in from the other direction. Awareness of where you are in relation to your allies and enemies is obviously key.... Apart from that, try to get better at duelling generally. If you can get close enough to put a sticky onto someone, you should be able to pretty much take down anyone (maybe not raider/indoors brute) 1on1 as long as you can aim properly.

Also, leaving stickies in the proper places and just running away can be helpful, especially if you take down turrets/radars with them, or clear the stand for an incoming capper.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 13 2012 05:33 GMT
#3287
Honestly just use the jackal. WIth proper duelign you should be able to easily dispatch 3-4 people before you die. Or more if they suck. Or you can just play raider and not actually die, ever.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
May 13 2012 07:16 GMT
#3288
On May 13 2012 14:33 Coriolis wrote:
Honestly just use the jackal. WIth proper duelign you should be able to easily dispatch 3-4 people before you die. Or more if they suck. Or you can just play raider and not actually die, ever.


I'm wondering, I play raider a lot but I don't really know what's the optimal thing to do. Basically what I do is that I try to take out turrets/radars with the Arx buster ( it's really long and I oftent die to turrets ^^), try to spam the flag stands with EMP grenades/arx buster and I use the SMG to kill the jugs that are shelling our base.
Is it what a raider is supposed to do?
Rouel
Profile Joined March 2009
Sweden138 Posts
May 13 2012 07:54 GMT
#3289
Always be aware of your own flag and when the opponent's flag carrier is close to scoring take their flag to prevent the capture and kill their carrier and return yours.
Control the flagstand and you can make clutch plays. Taking down radar and turrets is just to make this job easier so you can hide and regen health and energy.
Ghostpvp
Profile Joined October 2010
United States462 Posts
May 13 2012 07:55 GMT
#3290
On May 13 2012 08:48 Khalum wrote:
I'll be so bold and break the pro talk combo.

I just invested ~170k xp to upgrade the infiltrator. That means I bought the jackal, upgraded armor, sticky grenades, the jackal and armor and chose safety 3rd and survivalist( fully upgraded, fills energy, makes your stealth last longer ) and played a few games ( I only play pubs, casually ). What I recognized is that it's pretty easy to roam the enemy territory being cloaked, always looking for ammo to extend the cloak time. What I find hard is finding targets to safely kill without being killed in return, by 4+ angry defenders. When/how should I engage someone as an infiltrator? I find it rather unsatisfying to kill only 1-2 blood eagles before being stopped, that seems uneffective. Does somebody have some tips for me?



Get smokebombs and use looter/survivalist. Insta-kill a light or medium with jackal --->smokebomb, rinse repeat forever.
Jackal is a retarded weapon and smokebombs are way too good.
Move Zig
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
May 13 2012 09:07 GMT
#3291
On May 13 2012 16:16 Jetaap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 14:33 Coriolis wrote:
Honestly just use the jackal. WIth proper duelign you should be able to easily dispatch 3-4 people before you die. Or more if they suck. Or you can just play raider and not actually die, ever.


I'm wondering, I play raider a lot but I don't really know what's the optimal thing to do. Basically what I do is that I try to take out turrets/radars with the Arx buster ( it's really long and I oftent die to turrets ^^), try to spam the flag stands with EMP grenades/arx buster and I use the SMG to kill the jugs that are shelling our base.
Is it what a raider is supposed to do?

This is how I used to play raider. Now I use grenade launcher, shield pack, and potential energy and I feel like its a lot stronger. The grenade launcher takes a lot of getting used to, but once you get the idea of how connect with it, it is a lot more versatile.

The shield pack lets you pretty much ignore rapid fire weapons like machine guns and light turrets. Getting hit with an explosive weapon would normally leave you with 0 energy and still missing some health, but with potential energy you even get some of your energy back and can just turn on the shield again or start dodging.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
May 13 2012 09:29 GMT
#3292
I haven't tried PE yet (I like survivalist way too much), but I did buy grenade launcher quite early and played it for a long time. Now I'm back to Arx Buster again... Taking out turrets is a royal fucking pain in the ass with GL because you have to more or less aim right into the sky, so it's anyones guess if it's gonna hit or not. That or you practice turret killing spots on every single map for every single turret. Not my cup of tea tbh. And I feel Arx clears the stand nearly as well, an EMP+Arx burst and it's all good. Arx is also a lot better for dueling imo.

So, all in all, I regret spending xp on grenade launcher.
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 13 2012 15:10 GMT
#3293
Nah, grenade launcher is WAY better. Its far superior for clearing the stand and in duels you can pop nades over the hill. Also whiteouts are the best shit ever for clearing a flag stand. Just throw them and they're all blind. Also make sure you MASTER the NJ4. If you can chaingun you will win, period. CHAINGUN CHAINGUN CHAINGUN
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Ethenielle
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Norway1006 Posts
May 13 2012 15:50 GMT
#3294
What kind of retard would walk up a hill in a duel?

I concede that the GL is better for stand clearing than arx. That's okay, I don't play competitive and I don't have to clear the stand on a timer. I do feel that arx is better in any other aspect.

Not sure what chain has to do with arx vs GL.

Just watched A51 vs Icarus, gotta admit switching out zoid with player3 on capping was a drastic difference. Player3 consistently came in at high speeds and got out. Great games, too. I enjoy this CSN stuff a lot!
Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 13 2012 16:00 GMT
#3295
On May 14 2012 00:50 Ethenielle wrote:
What kind of retard would walk up a hill in a duel?

I concede that the GL is better for stand clearing than arx. That's okay, I don't play competitive and I don't have to clear the stand on a timer. I do feel that arx is better in any other aspect.

Not sure what chain has to do with arx vs GL.

Just watched A51 vs Icarus, gotta admit switching out zoid with player3 on capping was a drastic difference. Player3 consistently came in at high speeds and got out. Great games, too. I enjoy this CSN stuff a lot!

Because your primary really doesn't matter when you have a chaingun. The chaingun is literally god tier in any situation.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
May 13 2012 18:46 GMT
#3296
machine gun aim is so OP.. just watching bricks stream for like 10 minutes i wish i could hit anywhere close as good. you just win EVERY duel if you have your aim straight, it's ridiculous. But sooo hard tt ^^
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
G2Wolf
Profile Joined July 2010
United States261 Posts
May 13 2012 23:41 GMT
#3297
Final matches of the CSN $2500 T:A Launch Cup are starting now! http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/csn_andrew

Legion v Tao of Tribe, playing Raindance/Arx Novena/Crossfire.
Winner plays DeadStop for over $1k+ in prizing!
http://cyber-sports.net/brackets/22863#finals
www.twitter.com/g2wolf
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 14 2012 01:19 GMT
#3298
According to #ascend, talespin has left A51.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
May 14 2012 02:03 GMT
#3299
On May 14 2012 10:19 Coriolis wrote:
According to #ascend, talespin has left A51.


Wow, A51 is falling apart. That really sucks. They've been a great source of gameplay and have brought a lot of people into it.
TL+ Member
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
May 14 2012 02:09 GMT
#3300
Wow, hope Talespin finds a new home. One of my favorite snipers to watch.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Prev 1 163 164 165 166 167 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 310
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36881
Calm 5955
Bisu 2557
Rain 1562
Jaedong 1053
Horang2 722
BeSt 570
FanTaSy 448
Soma 425
Rush 393
[ Show more ]
Larva 340
Stork 298
Light 290
Snow 192
Zeus 191
ZerO 187
Mind 151
Barracks 105
910 103
Free 101
Killer 89
Hyun 49
Mong 48
Shinee 46
Sea.KH 46
sorry 45
ToSsGirL 37
Pusan 26
Aegong 19
Hm[arnc] 18
Terrorterran 17
Rock 16
Sexy 13
Trap 11
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7124
XaKoH 413
Counter-Strike
fl0m3154
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes343
Other Games
gofns36235
singsing2267
B2W.Neo945
olofmeister794
hiko418
Lowko331
Mlord314
Hui .189
DeMusliM163
Livibee159
djWHEAT110
RotterdaM98
Mew2King65
Trikslyr53
QueenE51
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3776
• Jankos2440
• TFBlade543
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 41m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 41m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.