• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:06
CEST 02:06
KST 09:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8023 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 169

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 196 Next
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 16 2012 17:44 GMT
#3361
On May 16 2012 12:42 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 12:32 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
On May 16 2012 12:13 Coriolis wrote:
On May 16 2012 11:56 Count9 wrote:
How good are white out grenades without egocentric perk? Also, how good is the nerfed plasma gun? I have some extra xp laying around now that I've been playing like crazy cause of the nice sweet spot between school ending and job beginning and wanted to pimp out my raider. I think coriolis might've said it somewhere but what perks do I go for raider again? I was gonna get egocentric later anyways for pathfinder but was wondering if white outs are worth it for now.


Edit: oh shit, I just played some pubs with remiCs and he was raping, didn't know he was pro.

Yah remics is 2nd best shriker. Plasma gun is still p awesome and whiteout grenades are AMAZING. Honestly perks are your own decision, I myself run saftey third+potential energy on my raider.


Who's the best?

Shrikers (in NA anyways, I have next to no knowledge of the EU scene) probably goes something like this
1 Vir
2 Remics
3 Me
4 Chambers

After that it really doesn't matter as its pretty even skill wise.


Is the EU scene insignificant compared to the American scene or is it just too far away for you to have to worry about facing players from there?
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
May 16 2012 18:18 GMT
#3362
On May 17 2012 01:53 FishStix wrote:
I just got a pretty good flag pass on my stream... heheh :D


Saw you playing last night on my team. In retrospect I probably should have added you. Were you running a group?
Moderator
quirl
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria19 Posts
May 16 2012 18:37 GMT
#3363
Is there any word on ranked play yet? I wonder how that would look like. I dont play lol anymore, but back then it was basicly impossible to get a game with 10 competent ppl going without rager/quiter/ baddies etc. Now imagine a 7v7 or more ppl.

Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 16 2012 22:50 GMT
#3364
On May 17 2012 02:44 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 12:42 Coriolis wrote:
On May 16 2012 12:32 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
On May 16 2012 12:13 Coriolis wrote:
On May 16 2012 11:56 Count9 wrote:
How good are white out grenades without egocentric perk? Also, how good is the nerfed plasma gun? I have some extra xp laying around now that I've been playing like crazy cause of the nice sweet spot between school ending and job beginning and wanted to pimp out my raider. I think coriolis might've said it somewhere but what perks do I go for raider again? I was gonna get egocentric later anyways for pathfinder but was wondering if white outs are worth it for now.


Edit: oh shit, I just played some pubs with remiCs and he was raping, didn't know he was pro.

Yah remics is 2nd best shriker. Plasma gun is still p awesome and whiteout grenades are AMAZING. Honestly perks are your own decision, I myself run saftey third+potential energy on my raider.


Who's the best?

Shrikers (in NA anyways, I have next to no knowledge of the EU scene) probably goes something like this
1 Vir
2 Remics
3 Me
4 Chambers

After that it really doesn't matter as its pretty even skill wise.


Is the EU scene insignificant compared to the American scene or is it just too far away for you to have to worry about facing players from there?

Some of both. Mostly the distance factor, even if my team did play a euro team I'd probably sit due to the fact I'm west coast. Playing an east coast server is bad enough, a euro one would be pointless. And then in general I'd say the euro scene isn't as active, but tbh neither scene is really that active at all. In play there are jsut stylistic differences. Euros tend to favor offense a lot more while NA tends to play more defensive.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Release
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4397 Posts
May 17 2012 02:17 GMT
#3365
The guns are so ridiculously overpriced in this game. 100,000k exp for a gun?
Because of their model, this is literally 48 hours of gameplay, maybe 40 if you always winning and doing well in ranking, but it's ridiculous, and that's not even considering upgrades, perks, or classes.
I'm probably going to quit tribes; sick of playing the same guns every day.
☺
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
May 17 2012 05:45 GMT
#3366
Just started Tribes with no prior experience. Its pretty good as well as insanely hard so I just stick to hitscan weapons.

I was a Sentinel who saw a pathfinder take a flag and decided to chase. At max speeds we both jetpack up and i shot him down, take the flag, jet up again, 180, take out the juggernaut chasing me(while still skiiing). That feeling !!!!!!!! Felt like a total boss. :D
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
Onibal
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany8 Posts
May 17 2012 08:07 GMT
#3367
My tribes game decided to redownload the whole game ~2.8 GB. Anyone else got this problem?
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
May 17 2012 08:57 GMT
#3368
On May 17 2012 14:45 BlindKill wrote:
Just started Tribes with no prior experience. Its pretty good as well as insanely hard so I just stick to hitscan weapons.

I was a Sentinel who saw a pathfinder take a flag and decided to chase. At max speeds we both jetpack up and i shot him down, take the flag, jet up again, 180, take out the juggernaut chasing me(while still skiiing). That feeling !!!!!!!! Felt like a total boss. :D


I hate it when people say that they ski at full speed, no such thing. Your speed is mostly limited by map size. But flick midairs are one of the most satisfying things that you can get in the game, but above it I would still rate a carefully premeditated mid/long range midair. Hitting those just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
May 17 2012 09:54 GMT
#3369
I thought your speed is capped at 250ish ? Thats what most of the comp pathfinders get when they do flag runs
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
May 17 2012 10:05 GMT
#3370
Nope, you can go way faster..
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
May 17 2012 10:07 GMT
#3371
On May 17 2012 18:54 BlindKill wrote:
I thought your speed is capped at 250ish ? Thats what most of the comp pathfinders get when they do flag runs

I've done grabs at close to 400 on temple ruins. 300ish on some other maps. Comp cappers are faster than me.
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
May 17 2012 10:13 GMT
#3372
On May 17 2012 18:54 BlindKill wrote:
I thought your speed is capped at 250ish ? Thats what most of the comp pathfinders get when they do flag runs


Have you been watching zoidberg?
TL+ Member
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 17 2012 13:30 GMT
#3373
The reason they cap at 250-300 is very simple. Time. All routes have to make a compromise between speed, health, and time to set up. A good comp route typically grabs at 250-300ish and sets up in <30 seconds.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
FishStix
Profile Joined April 2010
United States425 Posts
May 17 2012 21:38 GMT
#3374
dat pass :o

I do stuff in eSports
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 17 2012 22:09 GMT
#3375
Can someone recommend me some infiltrator streams? I've been trying to learn the class, but to no avail.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
May 17 2012 23:01 GMT
#3376
On May 18 2012 07:09 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Can someone recommend me some infiltrator streams? I've been trying to learn the class, but to no avail.

AnarchyAO plays inf a lot in pubs, iirc.

http://www.twitch.tv/anarchyao

Haven't seen him stream lately, though, but that may just be me failing to catch him when he's online.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 18 2012 01:29 GMT
#3377
Oh man, playing 5v7 was a blasttttttt. Sure we can't get any money, but that was beyond fun.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
BlindKill
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Australia1508 Posts
May 18 2012 05:17 GMT
#3378
On May 17 2012 19:13 Aylear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2012 18:54 BlindKill wrote:
I thought your speed is capped at 250ish ? Thats what most of the comp pathfinders get when they do flag runs


Have you been watching zoidberg?


haha yeh I youtubed Stack n Hack vs A51. That Talespin guy is really good at sentinel
“Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds a man down or polishes him up depends on the stuff he's made of.”
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-18 18:18:35
May 18 2012 17:32 GMT
#3379
So I took some time to learn the tank, and after like a day or two I'm regularly going with like a 20:1 KD ratio ish. Its so easy. Definitely recommend to people who want fast xp.

edit: I finally unlocked the Falcon, so I don't have to look derpy in pugs with my nova blaster.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-20 14:25:36
May 20 2012 14:25 GMT
#3380
On May 18 2012 14:17 BlindKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2012 19:13 Aylear wrote:
On May 17 2012 18:54 BlindKill wrote:
I thought your speed is capped at 250ish ? Thats what most of the comp pathfinders get when they do flag runs


Have you been watching zoidberg?


haha yeh

lol this is too funny

really weird last night I kept getting games with 2 ppl in it
Prev 1 167 168 169 170 171 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings58
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE166
ProTech153
Nina 143
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13988
Artosis 627
PianO 36
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm178
canceldota134
League of Legends
Doublelift4070
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1689
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe85
Other Games
summit1g7021
shahzam563
Day[9].tv492
C9.Mang0397
Maynarde88
Trikslyr68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV155
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 41
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur646
• Day9tv492
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 54m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.