• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:40
CEST 21:40
KST 04:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8631 users

Tribes: Ascend - FPS announced by Hi-Rez Studios. - Page 135

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 196 Next
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
April 04 2012 05:54 GMT
#2681
I dunno, I'd prefer some sort of "holographic" overlay of the whole map with a dot for each player's position in real time. That'd be real helpful for understanding some of the overarching strategy as it occurs, you know?
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
ZP
Profile Joined March 2010
United States49 Posts
April 04 2012 07:10 GMT
#2682
On April 04 2012 13:16 Alakabon wrote:
I wish a good sentinel would stream . The only one I found was FuryOne but he mostly practices his aim in tdm which is kind of fun but terribly boring to watch.



I actually just started streaming the last few days. Stream isn't really widely known yet (have to talk to FishStix + a few others to get on certain lists.) I play for DeadStop which is one of the top teams at the moment. Generally streaming random pub bs (wide array of screwing around really), PUGs (semi organized play), and probably scrims/some shoutcasts as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/zprotoss

http://www.twitch.tv/zprotoss/b/313861893 at 40 minutes in is a pretty solid Crossfire PUG outing (close map as well)


I still need to fix crap on my stream in terms of audio quality (my own mic coming through on the stream) and some other weird tech issues, but its mostly functional now.
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 07:41:56
April 04 2012 07:24 GMT
#2683
On April 04 2012 16:10 ZP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 13:16 Alakabon wrote:
I wish a good sentinel would stream . The only one I found was FuryOne but he mostly practices his aim in tdm which is kind of fun but terribly boring to watch.



I actually just started streaming the last few days. Stream isn't really widely known yet (have to talk to FishStix + a few others to get on certain lists.) I play for DeadStop which is one of the top teams at the moment. Generally streaming random pub bs (wide array of screwing around really), PUGs (semi organized play), and probably scrims/some shoutcasts as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/zprotoss

http://www.twitch.tv/zprotoss/b/313861893 at 40 minutes in is a pretty solid Crossfire PUG outing (close map as well)


I still need to fix crap on my stream in terms of audio quality (my own mic coming through on the stream) and some other weird tech issues, but its mostly functional now.


Yes I know who you are, I've seen you in a pub or two. I play for Onyx, don't know if you've heard of us, we're kind of mid-tier right now if I understand correctly. I will definetly watch though, thanks for bringing it up.

May I ask why you prefer the phase rifle ? And how on earth do you aim without the crosshair ?!?
frd
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France164 Posts
April 04 2012 07:50 GMT
#2684
On April 04 2012 14:53 Keltanokka wrote:
To be honest,I really don't know how much first person spectate would benefit the viewing experience, watching a Tribes game is almost like watching a football(soccer) match, how much do you really see from only one players first person perspective?

It would give you a much better sense of the intensity of the action. Right now, important kills, grabs... all feel a bit abstract.
As it stands, you have casters describing an event, and a vague dot and nameplate associated with it.
Naturally, viewing games in first person would require very nimble observers, capable of switching to the relevant player at the right time (to the capper who's about to make his grab, to the sniper who's about to make his shot, etc.) ; and it might in fact require a two obs setup, where one would be in charge of calling out the relevant plays so the FPV caster can make the appropriate switch.
Keltanokka
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Finland279 Posts
April 04 2012 08:20 GMT
#2685
On April 04 2012 16:50 frd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 14:53 Keltanokka wrote:
To be honest,I really don't know how much first person spectate would benefit the viewing experience, watching a Tribes game is almost like watching a football(soccer) match, how much do you really see from only one players first person perspective?

It would give you a much better sense of the intensity of the action. Right now, important kills, grabs... all feel a bit abstract.
As it stands, you have casters describing an event, and a vague dot and nameplate associated with it.
Naturally, viewing games in first person would require very nimble observers, capable of switching to the relevant player at the right time (to the capper who's about to make his grab, to the sniper who's about to make his shot, etc.) ; and it might in fact require a two obs setup, where one would be in charge of calling out the relevant plays so the FPV caster can make the appropriate switch.


The only way I see first person spectate working is if they implemented some sort of instant replay, where all the first person view would be recorded of the players and you could replay an event in an instant replay as soon as the action luls a little, otherwise you would just miss way to much. An overhead map display which shows the location of all the players would be a lot more useful for viewing the overall flow of the game.
ZP
Profile Joined March 2010
United States49 Posts
April 04 2012 08:27 GMT
#2686
On April 04 2012 16:24 Alakabon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 16:10 ZP wrote:
On April 04 2012 13:16 Alakabon wrote:
I wish a good sentinel would stream . The only one I found was FuryOne but he mostly practices his aim in tdm which is kind of fun but terribly boring to watch.



I actually just started streaming the last few days. Stream isn't really widely known yet (have to talk to FishStix + a few others to get on certain lists.) I play for DeadStop which is one of the top teams at the moment. Generally streaming random pub bs (wide array of screwing around really), PUGs (semi organized play), and probably scrims/some shoutcasts as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/zprotoss

http://www.twitch.tv/zprotoss/b/313861893 at 40 minutes in is a pretty solid Crossfire PUG outing (close map as well)


I still need to fix crap on my stream in terms of audio quality (my own mic coming through on the stream) and some other weird tech issues, but its mostly functional now.


Yes I know who you are, I've seen you in a pub or two. I play for Onyx, don't know if you've heard of us, we're kind of mid-tier right now if I understand correctly. I will definetly watch though, thanks for bringing it up.

May I ask why you prefer the phase rifle ? And how on earth do you aim without the crosshair ?!?


I've been going back and forth between bxt1 and phase rifle lately. Phase rifle actually got an indirect buff in the last patch due to the BXT1 nerf. Basically in a nutshell

Phase Rifle Pros:

Stronger burst damage (first two shots, considering first shot requires no charge up and second shot does solid damage with whatever energy you have left.)

Longer effective range (phase was not effected by the fall off nerf)

Better when pressured (both due to not having to be scoped all the time, and that you can instantly fire off two shots off a respawn with no chargeup.)

Cons:

Significantly less sustained damage in the range the BXT1 gets full damage on.

Can be harder to shoot on the move with due to energy being your charge. Less DPS in situations where you have to chase basically.


As far as the ret goes, I actually use an extremely small dot on my monitor (tiny piece of red paper). I'll probably be using it until custom rets come in. For really long range shots, the current ret is just too big compared to the actual pixel size you're shooting at. The size of the ret is literally 25% (or less) the size of the current ret.
Clownz
Profile Joined February 2009
Finland53 Posts
April 04 2012 09:46 GMT
#2687
Does anybody know anything about the incoming "Ranked match" option? What do you think it'll be like?
Radical dude!
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
April 04 2012 13:49 GMT
#2688
On April 04 2012 18:46 Clownz wrote:
Does anybody know anything about the incoming "Ranked match" option? What do you think it'll be like?

Apparently its going to be the same as the regular one but with a competition ruleset. Which means no spawn in loadout, more expensive vehicles/strikes and some other changes I believe.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
Krowser
Profile Joined August 2007
Canada788 Posts
April 04 2012 13:54 GMT
#2689
They need to implement a party system, I'm having a lot of trouble joining a game with only one of my friends, and 4 of us have the game.
D3 and Pho, the way to go. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=340709
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
April 04 2012 15:39 GMT
#2690
On April 04 2012 14:53 Keltanokka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 11:03 Aylear wrote:
On April 04 2012 10:50 Devil Trigger wrote:
Can anyone link me to VODs of good comp matches? I only saw ZfZ vs Tao and that series was one sided.


Tribescast has a big archive and there's always some good matches in there, but honestly? The casting is pretty bad for Tribes right now. The casters are inexperienced and often talk about irrelevant stuff, the observing is sketchy (bordering on terrible), and worst of all (for me, at least): there's no first person view in spectator mode. I can't tell you how much of a deal breaker that is in this first person shooter.

Oh, also, Tribescast is going live right now with Tao of Tribe vs Icarus. http://www.twitch.tv/tribescast

But mostly, I watch the streams of zoidberg, Titan, and VashEricks of Area 51 Gaming whenever they scrim. zoidberg plays capper, Titan is stay at home D, and Vash is jug/tank, so you get a pretty good view of the entire battlefield. I put all three streams up and listen to them communicate, and it's a lot more fun than watching the map half the game.


To be honest,I really don't know how much first person spectate would benefit the viewing experience, watching a Tribes game is almost like watching a football(soccer) match, how much do you really see from only one players first person perspective?


This was answered very well by:

On April 04 2012 16:50 frd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 14:53 Keltanokka wrote:
To be honest,I really don't know how much first person spectate would benefit the viewing experience, watching a Tribes game is almost like watching a football(soccer) match, how much do you really see from only one players first person perspective?

It would give you a much better sense of the intensity of the action. Right now, important kills, grabs... all feel a bit abstract.
As it stands, you have casters describing an event, and a vague dot and nameplate associated with it.
Naturally, viewing games in first person would require very nimble observers, capable of switching to the relevant player at the right time (to the capper who's about to make his grab, to the sniper who's about to make his shot, etc.) ; and it might in fact require a two obs setup, where one would be in charge of calling out the relevant plays so the FPV caster can make the appropriate switch.


I liken it to Counter-Strike. You feel distanced from the action if you can't see the POV of the players, and I feel very much like that in Tribes. The tension of individual fights an the chaos of flag brawls all disappear if you're just kind of hovering above the action. Believe me, it's entirely different being IN the damn thing.


On April 04 2012 22:54 Krowser wrote:
They need to implement a party system, I'm having a lot of trouble joining a game with only one of my friends, and 4 of us have the game.

Agreed. I play with a bunch of TL / MLP community members and it can be hard getting like 3-6 people into the same game.

Hi ZP, it's Cane. Nice to see you 'round here.
TL+ Member
frd
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France164 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 17:07:16
April 04 2012 16:52 GMT
#2691
On April 04 2012 22:54 Krowser wrote:
They need to implement a party system, I'm having a lot of trouble joining a game with only one of my friends, and 4 of us have the game.

I think I remember seeing somewhere that the next patch will let you chat with friends, and there's a post from Hi-Rez suggesting that other social functionalities are being implemented, so we might get that.

Cane – is that Canecraft? If so, we've crossed paths.
-> effarrdee on EU(London)

Sidenote: Totalbiscuit is on a referral rampage .
Ripo
Profile Joined April 2010
Belgium17 Posts
April 04 2012 17:21 GMT
#2692
I wonder when there will be a map view available, like in the previous tribes games. would like to see what my teams up to in pub games. feels like the 2/3 of the team hangs out in the gen(ours/enemy).
hmmmm
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
April 04 2012 20:07 GMT
#2693
On April 05 2012 02:21 Ripo wrote:
I wonder when there will be a map view available, like in the previous tribes games. would like to see what my teams up to in pub games. feels like the 2/3 of the team hangs out in the gen(ours/enemy).

Yeah, pub games seem to devolve into Capture the Generator surprisingly often. I honestly have no real idea why this is so, since a competent infil can cause the team to devote, say, two technicians and a heavy to hang around the generator to keep it up, but after that, defense becomes strong enough to fend of quite a lot of stuff. So the optimal investment would be to have an infil take it out from the start, and then maybe do detours down there now and then and take it out again if possible and otherwise keep busy being annoying around the stand.

Of course, what is optimal, and what happens in pubs are quite often very very different things...
pettter
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden1032 Posts
April 05 2012 09:29 GMT
#2694
So spinfusor.org has some pretty interesting info. Apparently they've remade an old Tribes 1 map (Raindance) and added a new game mode (capture and hold, think control points). Sounds interesting for sure, though I'm kinda miffed that they can't figure out a different game mode from CTF that will reward speed and proper skiing.
Clownz
Profile Joined February 2009
Finland53 Posts
April 05 2012 11:22 GMT
#2695
On April 04 2012 22:49 Coriolis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 18:46 Clownz wrote:
Does anybody know anything about the incoming "Ranked match" option? What do you think it'll be like?

Apparently its going to be the same as the regular one but with a competition ruleset. Which means no spawn in loadout, more expensive vehicles/strikes and some other changes I believe.


What do you mean by "no spawn in loadout"? You need to get your gun from a dispenser?
Radical dude!
frd
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France164 Posts
April 05 2012 11:27 GMT
#2696
On April 05 2012 20:22 Clownz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 22:49 Coriolis wrote:
On April 04 2012 18:46 Clownz wrote:
Does anybody know anything about the incoming "Ranked match" option? What do you think it'll be like?

Apparently its going to be the same as the regular one but with a competition ruleset. Which means no spawn in loadout, more expensive vehicles/strikes and some other changes I believe.


What do you mean by "no spawn in loadout"? You need to get your gun from a dispenser?

It means everyone spawns as a grenade-less Pathfinder and needs to visit an Inventory Station to get their class.
Coriolis
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1152 Posts
April 05 2012 13:56 GMT
#2697
On April 05 2012 20:27 frd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2012 20:22 Clownz wrote:
On April 04 2012 22:49 Coriolis wrote:
On April 04 2012 18:46 Clownz wrote:
Does anybody know anything about the incoming "Ranked match" option? What do you think it'll be like?

Apparently its going to be the same as the regular one but with a competition ruleset. Which means no spawn in loadout, more expensive vehicles/strikes and some other changes I believe.


What do you mean by "no spawn in loadout"? You need to get your gun from a dispenser?

It means everyone spawns as a grenade-less Pathfinder and needs to visit an Inventory Station to get their class.

Yep this. Its how it worked in every tribes game (though the spawn loadout was extremely powerful in T1, it eventually degenerated into not caring about the base, and the spawn loadout in T2C was strong but not extremely strong) so the generator actually matters with a ruleset like this.
Descolada in everything not TL/Starcraft
frd
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France164 Posts
April 05 2012 16:17 GMT
#2698
From HiRezStew, about the end of beta:
Anyone who reaches Level 10 prior to the start of beta gets a special badge (with accompanying XP reward).

(Looks like he wrote "beta" instead of "release")
GARO
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2255 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 17:18:02
April 05 2012 17:10 GMT
#2699
If ranked is still 16 man teams with the no loadout at spawn flag, oh boyyy.

(Assuming this is just a ruleset tweak to what 'normal' games already are)
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
April 06 2012 00:07 GMT
#2700
Does anyone know how to make the mouse sensitivity the same as windows setting? I'd like to start but don't really want to try a lot of numbers to get something really comfortable if I don't have to.
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O81
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 267
JuggernautJason86
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 864
Shuttle 530
Zeus 92
ZZZero.O 81
soO 43
Hyun 43
scan(afreeca) 29
Dota 2
qojqva2201
canceldota35
Counter-Strike
fl0m5130
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3422
Liquid`Hasu556
Other Games
summit1g1738
FrodaN1147
KnowMe328
420jenkins268
Pyrionflax176
Livibee166
ToD143
QueenE66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick697
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• Hupsaiya 22
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 22
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2236
Other Games
• imaqtpie823
• Shiphtur626
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 20m
Patches Events
19h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 20m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.